(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Hmm i checked with my admin. she said HR seems ok for us to take HL without deducting from ML.. It happens for another colleague of mine who also took quite a long period of HL before she delivers.

my company says 1 month before, MC = ML

They can control how much drugs to drip.into our spine.

Last time when I had #1 it was controlled by us mummies.. we have a button to push whenever we feel Pain. Thus some mummies kiasu keep press then very fast finish...

Now it's controlled by the nurses. They will take a ice pack n try see u can feel or not ... then adjust the dosage
How to control? I still abit confuse eh...is a tube will putting into spine to control the epi or?

Hi anyone...
I decided to take c-sect as my baby too big about 3.5 kgs at 38wks.. I will be deliver the baby on this friday.. But im still confusing to take epidural or full anesthesia? Anyone mind to share pro and cons?
I went for elective c-sec in mid Dec coz baby was big too. I had spinal anaesthesia coz i din wanna be the last to see my baby haha. I had prior experience of GA so can compare. GA really makes u very very groggy, u will be disabled for a few hours at least. For my spinal, I was shivering quite badly but the shivering went off quite fast. Legs took a few hours to feel again, but was able to hold baby and breastfeed.

As for experience in the operating theatre, the jabs to the spine was painful. I took 2 jabs coz the doctor administering din manage to jab deep enuff for the 1st jab -_- My gynae best, begin operating with no warning haha. I was like start liao? Look at hubby, he was like "erm....." Everything happen very fast. I was in and out of the theatre in less than 30mins.

How to control? I still abit confuse eh...is a tube will putting into spine to control the epi or?
There is a machine attached to the tube/needle that's insert into our spine.

They control using the machine. N the machine holds on to the capsule of epidural medicine.. once finish they will beep n need to refill with a new capsule..

From the machine they adjust the dosage.. on or off etc.

Hi mummies, I have a preloved My Brest Friend twin sized nursing pillow for sale at $60. Also selling a single nursing pillow at $50. (comes with spare pillow case for the single nursing pillow). Interested parties pls email me at [email protected].

Why ur gynae like that. I am also quite small, 152, but I put on 15 kg durin preg): now I am 58. Lol gynae also say I small but can still go for natural

You're above 150 so you're past the "short stature" definition so not as serious as my case, or at least I think that's how she thinks lor. Anyway, I leave it all to God now. Next time must be more careful to find a pro natural birth gynae, especially pro VBAC if I end up with c-sec.

They control using the machine. N the machine holds on to the capsule of epidural medicine.. once finish they will beep n need to refill with a new capsule..

So you mean the needle is inserted into the spine all the time until bb comes out, that's the way they adjust the dosage right?! :eek:

So you mean the needle is inserted into the spine all the time until bb comes out, that's the way they adjust the dosage right?! :eek:
Yep.. needle nv take out... dun go research abt epidural unless u can take it... or unless u dun wan give birth anymore... haha ... u won't wan to see what they insert inside.. that's what my hubby told me when he peek during they insert epidural for me last time..

So till now I dun dare go online see pics.... lol...

Needle/tube is all the way inside until u finish give birth... n it's attached to a machine to monitor dosage and how much medicine left n on off button etc...

for those waiting to be popped mummies - do u find getting to sleep at night is getting more difficult now? I literally slept only a few winks this morning! Peng Satay from 11 to 12mn then toss and turn throughout!!! Ahhhhhh...torturous!

Yes more difficult in term of turning left n right + nd to pee every 2-3 hrs. Hard to get off bed too. Hahaha

I do find that I will stay awake for quite a while before i can go back to bed again after going to the toilet...
Now I have stopped going office.. waiting for signs but so far nothing though doc claimed 3-4cm dilated.

Ya can't sleep cos baby very active.. Then keep going toilet to pee also, then cannot fall asleep after, the next moment I know it's 7am need to work :(

I haven't take my ML yet, edd 28jan like too early to take now. Took CTG yesterday everything okay leh, don't think baby is coming out yet... Only know her head is going down le.

Ya can't sleep cos baby very active.. Then keep going toilet to pee also, then cannot fall asleep after, the next moment I know it's 7am need to work :(

I haven't take my ML yet, edd 28jan like too early to take now. Took CTG yesterday everything okay leh, don't think baby is coming out yet... Only know her head is going down le.
my brain has already turned to mush..... sigh. getting more and more sian to go to work

I cant sleep last night at all.. coz got a feeling today will be admitted.... lol n true enough.. I lying here trying to tahan the "menses pain" now...

Wah... how do you know that today you will be admitted? Actually EDD?

Now all a1 room full... n got to stay at temp room first... my hubby's couch downgrade to a arm chair he nagging abt it lol...

N lunch is bean sprout, fish n rice

There's a temp room?

Pssst…. get your hubby to sneak in some fresh coconut juice, orange juice or pocari sweat, for you to drink. That was @cuteowl's plan to replenish energy during the process and it seemed to work very well for her. She managed to give birth after being induced and without epi.

Wow... without epi and induce... sound so good.. hopefully I won't need to be induce..

Pssst…. get your hubby to sneak in some fresh coconut juice, orange juice or pocari sweat, for you to drink. That was @cuteowl's plan to replenish energy during the process and it seemed to work very well for her. She managed to give birth after being induced and without epi.
Wah power no epi! Her pain threshold really very high. Just now the pain almost cause me to faint lol

Wah... how do you know that today you will be admitted? Actually EDD?

There's a temp room?

Wow... without epi and induce... sound so good.. hopefully I won't need to be induce..

Already felt having menses pain type last night. ... maternal instinct I guess lol

Ya in temp room now.. abit lousy... hubby's couch become an armchair. N the toilet bowl seems abit stuck... have to flush a few times... waiting for ppl to discharge then have room for me.. hope it's soon....

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/si...o-packets-breast-milk-scare-employer-20150106

Very sad to read such cases. If the maid had an issue with the employer, she should take it up with the employer instead of causing hurt to an innocent 2 month old baby! :mad: Luckily the bb was not harmed.

My bosses were chatting with me on the various child-sitting options (parents, in-laws, maid, infant care etc.) for me to return to work after ML, as they were reluctant to grant me no-pay leave or even part-time work. One of them said having a maid is good as you can scream at her while you can't do that to your in-laws. My hubby had the good sense to think, no, the maid may sneakily do harmful things to you or worse, to the bb, behind your back. And this is exactly what this case shows.

Yep.. needle nv take out... dun go research abt epidural unless u can take it... or unless u dun wan give birth anymore... haha ... u won't wan to see what they insert inside.. that's what my hubby told me when he peek during they insert epidural for me last time..

Needle/tube is all the way inside until u finish give birth... n it's attached to a machine to monitor dosage and how much medicine left n on off button etc...

Like that then cannot move about loh??

I have a girlfriend who specialize in customized cakes. Eg for my hubby's birthday I got him a cake in the shape n design of his favorite ice hockey team logo. Let me know if u want her contact.
Hi there,

Would you be able to share with me your fren's contact for the customized cakes? Does she has a site or something where we can view her final product?

Many thanks in advance

Dra

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/si...o-packets-breast-milk-scare-employer-20150106

Very sad to read such cases. If the maid had an issue with the employer, she should take it up with the employer instead of causing hurt to an innocent 2 month old baby! :mad: Luckily the bb was not harmed.

My bosses were chatting with me on the various child-sitting options (parents, in-laws, maid, infant care etc.) for me to return to work after ML, as they were reluctant to grant me no-pay leave or even part-time work. One of them said having a maid is good as you can scream at her while you can't do that to your in-laws. My hubby had the good sense to think, no, the maid may sneakily do harmful things to you or worse, to the bb, behind your back. And this is exactly what this case shows.

Mil or own parents will sure have some argument abt the way to handle or look after kids...

Employ maid also headache...

Best is look after ourself. But we need to work to earn $$ also... not easy...

Mil or own parents will sure have some argument abt the way to handle or look after kids...

Employ maid also headache...

Best is look after ourself. But we need to work to earn $$ also... not easy...
Yeap, agree! My mom is helping to look after baby when my ML ends but she wants a maid to help her. So, I'm getting one. Quite worried. Thinking if I should install IP camera at home just to make sure she dun let anyone in or go out jalan jalan when alone at home.

Yeap, agree! My mom is helping to look after baby when my ML ends but she wants a maid to help her. So, I'm getting one. Quite worried. Thinking if I should install IP camera at home just to make sure she dun let anyone in or go out jalan jalan when alone at home.

If got ppl supervise maid then it's ok. But if leave maid alone with baby I will feel scared...

Alamak sound painful...thought is drip from hand den they control the amt but wonder like wrong cos shld be from spine...now got better pic liao omg liao...lol

You're above 150 so you're past the "short stature" definition so not as serious as my case, or at least I think that's how she thinks lor. Anyway, I leave it all to God now. Next time must be more careful to find a pro natural birth gynae, especially pro VBAC if I end up with c-sec.
I below 150cm leh...my gynae only say wait for natural to kicks in as induce high chance end w c-sec which blood dr got same view as well...

I think it is better not to google it sound scary...just read how u describe sweating liao...

Back