(2015/01) Jan 2015 Mummies

Happy New Year mummies! :)

Spent my New Year's Eve at my parents' place monitoring contractions. It comes on and off. Pretty intense but still bearable. Leaving me in a dilemma.. Not sure when to admit myself into hospital. Now wide awake on the bed. Think it's gonna be a sleepless night full of thoughts again.. :p

Spent my New Year's Eve at my parents' place monitoring contractions. It comes on and off. Pretty intense but still bearable. Leaving me in a dilemma.. Not sure when to admit myself into hospital. Now wide awake on the bed. Think it's gonna be a sleepless night full of thoughts again.. :p

Jia you mummy! Almost there! :)

1420046940867.jpg

We're in the same boat haha. Managed to fall asleep just now but got awakened by a painful contraction. Now wide awake :/

Hello everyone, I saw my name mentioned a few times!, sorry for MIA-ing but when you deliver 4 weeks early, things do get a little crazy...

Thanks for all your well wishes... :)

I have not delivered yet.... :cool::cool::cool:

Came in delivery suite early this morning, Dr Tham ordered labour suppression drugs as water broke and 2-3cm dilation but v mild contractions. I'll be under the drugs for 48 hours then doc will take me off the drugs with 2 options - induce or wait it out but with risk of infection since water bag alr leaking.

I'm now in a normal ward now in a 2 bedded with a mummy whose bb hardly cries much... Hope my boy will be Like that too...

My EDD is 23 Jan! So I am only 35w5d...
So anyway, a quick update on what happened after this post...

Went to sleep then at 12 plus was suddenly hit by a contraction, the ward nurses hooked me onto the CTG and my contractions were coming quickly, 30min apart, 20min, then 10min apart by 0130h, ward nurses made the decision to send me back to the delivery suite...

I was 4-5cm dilated, contractions came fast and furious, decided to go ahead with epi, and was administered by 4ish. Managed to sleep and woke up at 5.55am by the nurse, asking me to call my hubby cuz I was 7cm dilated! By 7.30am, Dr Tham arrived and I was 9cm dilated, but bb still quite high up, so waited till 9plus and fully dilated for more than an hour before I started pushing. After an hour, Dr Tham came, decided on vacuum and he was out after 2 last pushes at 11am on the dot. 2.745kg at 44cm.

Unfortunately bb wasn't breathing v well so PD sent him to NICU, where he was placed on oxygen therapy for 4 days. (@PTB7674, May have seen your bb at NICU on Friday morning)!! I was discharged on Boxing Day Friday but was traveling to and from TMC twice each day to see bb and to bring my ebm for him. So in between traveling, pumping milk, getting the nursery ready, entertaining the parents who was preparing my confinement food (kind of contradictory cuz they keep asking me to rest), it was madness, really. Good thing is bb was discharged on Monday so can take care of him at home...

My CL arrived yesterday so I can take a breather. So far so good... Let's hope it remains thus way!!

Happy New Year mummies all of you made it for SG50. I don't have a SG50 baby, but I have a Christmas Eve baby instead... :) Can't believe he is now a week old. I spent the last of 2014 and beginning of 2015 pumping milk. How our lives have changed compared to a year ago...

Last edited:

Went to sleep then at 12 plus was suddenly hit by a contraction, the ward nurses hooked me onto the CTG and my contractions were coming quickly, 30min apart, 20min, then 10min apart by 0130h, ward nurses made the decision to send me back to the delivery suite...

I was 4-5cm dilated, contractions came fast and furious, decided to go ahead with epi, and was administered by 4ish. Managed to sleep and woke up at 5.55am by the nurse, asking me to call my hubby cuz I was 7cm dilated! By 7.30am, Dr Tham arrived and I was 9cm dilated, but bb still quite high up, so waited till 9plus and fully dilated for more than an hour before I started pushing. After an hour, Dr Tham came, decided on vacuum and he was out after 2 last pushes at 11am on the dot. 2.745kg at 44cm.

Unfortunately bb wasn't breathing v well so PD sent him to NICU, where he was placed on oxygen therapy for 4 days. (@PTB7674, May have seen your bb at NICU on Friday morning)!! I was discharged on Boxing Day Friday but was traveling to and from TMC twice each day to see bb and to bring my ebm for him. So in between traveling, pumping milk, getting the nursery ready, entertaining the parents who was preparing my confinement food (kind of contradictory cuz they keep asking me to rest), it was madness, really. Good thing is bb was discharged on Monday so can take care of him at home...

My CL arrived yesterday so I can take a breather. So far so good... Let's hope it remains thus way!!

Happy New Year mummies all of you made it for SG50. I don't have a SG50 baby, but I have a Christmas Eve baby instead... :) Can't believe he is now a week old. I spent the last of 2014 and beginning of 2015 pumping milk. How our lives have changed compared to a year ago...
You must take good care of urself n have good confinement :)
Jiayou you have make it thru n spending time w ur lil boy at home now everything is worth it :)
Enjoy ur special year w ur lil boy in ur arm n happy new year to u n ur family

So glad to hear from u babe, happy to know that your bb is home safely now. Doesn't matter if he's Xmas Eve or jubilee, as long as he's healthy, I think this is the best gift we can all ask for. Congrats to u, n happy new year! :)

:)
没事就好.
Rest well and have a good confinement

So good to know that you and baby are doing well now.. Congrats again on the arrival..

Both of our birth story quite happening .. Anyway all ended with happy ending :)

You take care also

lol possible you may have seen my gal in nicu ..well she was there a couple of hours

Lol same spend the new year celebrations latch on and pumping lolx

Happy. New year!!

@PTB7674, me abit anxious hahaha. Dunno what to expect for that day. Just go with the flow and hope for the best! Haha.

Congratulations to all mummies who had given birth. Every birth story is so different. Hehe

Happy. New year!!

@PTB7674, me abit anxious hahaha. Dunno what to expect for that day. Just go with the flow and hope for the best! Haha.

Congratulations to all mummies who had given birth. Every birth story is so different. Hehe
Every birth is diff so just hope for best

So u going to check in on Monday ? Enjoy now Lolz u will be busy after Monday

Yup.. 1 jan.. She manage to wait till 1 jan den come out..
Congrats!!! New year bb!

@GetawayJunkie glad to know that u n bb are doing well :) 2.7kg is good weight for 36wks. Have a good confinement!

I should try harder to pump up bb weight in case bb decide to come out earlier... Planning csect on the 17th at 37wk+5days. Was deciding between 17 or 21. But gynae prefers 17... So made a tentatively booking le

We're in the same boat haha. Managed to fall asleep just now but got awakened by a painful contraction. Now wide awake :/

And we share the same edd! Heehee.. How are you feeling today? I had intense contractions throughout the night but it just was not regular. Same thing now. On and off. Baby playing games with me. Haha.. I think I will just admit myself into the hospital on Saturday if this goes on. :D

Good to hear updates from you!! Glad that all went well for you, and baby is safe and healthy in your arms now! :)

Rest well and have a good confinement!

Happy to hear from you and that all went well! Enjoy your bb! Don't forget to get your hb to call me, lol!

Back