(2014) ivf mummies support group

Lynn, all the test are you going to do at kkh Or TMC? is it done at the Tmc women clinic Or at the TMC hospital

Whao I finish seeing her in less than 5mins. Guess when is next aptm? 7 weeks time. I am totally lost! Ask her need so long she say ok today all look well. So I guess I just got to make private checkup outside biweekly.

Whao I finish seeing her in less than 5mins. Guess when is next aptm? 7 weeks time. I am totally lost! Ask her need so long she say ok today all look well. So I guess I just got to make private checkup outside biweekly.
Oh my!!!! That is so so so so far away! But maybe cos u very stable so she can 放心 set appt so far away. But glad that u got to see your beanies!!!!

And yes, if twins I also confirm stay with kkh. Actually I don't mind staying with them, feel so bad to leave dr tan behind. And I heard he is good gynae too.

Will research research some more. On one hand, I bleed so easily. Couldn't e safer to stay with kkh in case any complications. On the other hand, cos I bleed so easily, private might give me better support and for 24hr call service. At least the doc will remember me (I hope la).

Yes circle private offer support faster and easier (you can reach your gynae faster) aptm also can walk in if really urgent. Kkh don't think entertain walk in. If urgent is o&g.

Lynncandy don't know how dr calculate I am 8 weeks today but aptm card 7 weeks later on 22 may aptm write I am at week 12 so don't know where the other 3 weeks goes to. My detail scan date is given too June 24 which card state I am at week 12. So after my week 7 aptm with her next aptm is week 12. Today bill come up to $240 scan see doc is $170plus and medication mainly multi vitamin $60. No duphaston given.

If detailed scan June 24 is correct for you at week 20. Mine is June 28. Only the appointment of week 12 is confusing, should be week 15 already as my beanie is younger than your beanies by 4 days. Maybe it's the nurse that is blurr writing your appointment card.

I count manually June 24 is my week 20 which fails ok for detail scan. And my next gynae aptm in 7 weeks I will be week 15 (1st trimester over)

Bb hc what is oscar? I only know in week 11 I will go bt and week 13 going scan to check whether bb high risk to Down syndrome. Isit this you referring to? Haven't heard the word oscar from kkh yet.

Hi all, i just join this forum n i need advise frm u all on ivf treatment. My gynae advise us to go for ivf. Feeling lost...

I c. So when is the test? Which week? Cost? Blood test only Or include scan?
Mine everything (bt scan) will be done on week 13. Cost not too sure should be $400+.
haha actually I don't know got Thomson incentive. I am planning to see can give birth at Mount alveria as the cost is lower than tmc and only slightly higher or about the same as kkh.

Ic so I guess the test I gg is call oscar. Think yours at week 13 same as mine. Just that I chose bt and scan on different week so right after scan I can know result. Don't need wait for bt.

Ic so I guess the test I gg is call oscar. Think yours at week 13 same as mine. Just that I chose bt and scan on different week so right after scan I can know result. Don't need wait for bt.
Yup that is correct oscar hehe. As mine is done in lab even for scan so by the time I go back to the clinic which is another day will know the result.
Aiyo my lunch and dinner Chinese food cooked by my mum not very satisfied as it is not Western haha. I am craving for tom yam or deport road claypot laksa.

Dear all, on Monday night I went to KK O&G clinic to see for my UTI but the Dr only given me panadol and citravescent sachet to drink. The Dr insisted that my cramp is caused my by pregnancy stretching and not the infection. But today the itch and discharge become more. Though the beanies are fine but I am still scare of the infection. I manage to slot an appt to see Prof Tee as Dr S appt is v full.
Two day I didn't login to the post and found so many useful information from all of you. I am surprised that a lot good Drs are fully booked. I am also thinking of switching to private but because now having twins there are worries for the later part of the pregnancy. Maybe will stick back to Kk under Prof Tee.

Hi I just did my 6wk scan. Only yolk sac cannot see fetal pole or heartbeat. Doctor spoke to me sounds like asking to prepare for the worst as the scan is developmentally late by a week... I am going back next wk to scan again. So stressed man..,,

Down syndrome test is called oscar.
Hi I just did my 6wk scan. Only yolk sac cannot see fetal pole or heartbeat. Doctor spoke to me sounds like asking to prepare for the worst as the scan is developmentally late by a week... I am going back next wk to scan again. So stressed man..,,
Hi mei, don't stress don't stress! Hope beanie will appear soon. Maybe too early still? Don't think too much about the doc's tone. Sometimes they too busy so no time to explain or what...

I rem my doc said its 6 week 5 days, plus minus. Dont stress. No two pregnancies are the same! Your bb will be fine

I was really qt upset. He is nice, gave me 1 wk MC.... But commented that i have no frozen embryos blah blah.... I really feel v pessimistic. Thanks circle and bindimum.

Lynn, just found a blog. Search for My Precious Ashley Nicu. The blog quite good explain the entire process of every checkup. Started at NUH. Delivered at Thomson. The scary part is the NICU cost of 4000+ cash. Sigh....

Today is my 8d ET ... having headache stomach cramp n backache ... not sure if its norm... tml I will b starting work oready.. hope all well end well... sigh

Really happy that all r doing well for u all... hope mine too n I will b able to share e joys same as u all... thou they r sufferings but think happy n joys of babes is worth it all...

Hi Mei, cheer UP. The dating can always be wrong. Today when I ask the sonographer how they chart bb age she told me it all depend on how my ivf doc want to calculate. Base on lmp or transfer date. Actually I thought by scanning they will also know the age by looking at the size. But just want to let you know my sil bb which is my niece hb can only be detected in week 8 and all these while my sil experience spotting. So fret not. All is not lost. Even doc tell my sil prepare for worst but she hold on and eventually saw the beating hb at week 8. Niece is 3 years old now :)

Zaan all the best. Hope you join us in this thread soon.

Lynncandy i think confirm my beanies love spicy food just like me. I think I will still be taking tom yum for next few days.

Denmeg ya for twins I think stick with kkh better. Prof tee is an experienced doc so I guess after seeing him you probably feel more assured.

For me after today check up with gynae I quite lost. Still cannot believe it's 7 weeks apart till the next visit Lolx, I mean maybe good cause today she see is all looking good and maybe she taken into consideration too since I be doing my oscar scanning at week 13 I will be seeing bb again on screen and if touch wood anything the sonographer would probably inform her of any emergency. So if all well don't need waste money see her and my waiting time just to hear her say all clear all good!
Anyway today other than knowing beanies are beating strong and growing well in stomach everything doesn't seems good. Been running to and fro travelling and walking here and there to do some stuffs. Started the day early at work half day go kkh wait for scan and review then go make some errands and keep walking till finally reach back home at 11.20pm. Hope today's walking and standing won't result in anything serious. Tomorrow another long day at work for me....

Can I join this thread too? :)

@circlecircle, why don't you request to see Dr Tan earlier and ask him about your bleeding and blood clot? There was one time I felt some pain on my left side in Dec 2013. I just went straight to Clinic D and requested to see Dr Tan. Though I did not have any scheduled appointment with him, the nurse still slotted me in to see Dr Tan and I only waited for half an hour. But Dr Tan will be away for some conference from Thursday to Monday.

I've also been transferred to TPS.

I thank God for blessing and protecting our little miracle! :)

Last edited:
Thanks all for your encouragement. I really hope next scan will be ok. It seems to all add up together as I had low HCG at the beginning. Mb the development is just slower cuz I read that what u can see on the scan also correlates with ur HCG level...

Bindimum, actually my Dr is very nice and v good EQ. But at the same time, I think he also got the prepare me for the worst, that got to repeat another fresh cycle.... :(

Hi mei, there's still hope.. just pray n wait for another week.. did dr do another hcg bt for u?
Yah after first HCG, did a repeat one. That level cleared as the HCG went up 4x...
Just don't know what is happening now. Don't want to lose the baby. I only hope it was too early to see cuz I went to scan at exactly 6 wk.
Thanks for asking!

Last year I saw hb at wk 6&7 then no more at wk8, so for my case it was no hope after tat... but for u, do hang on cos cld b slow development, shd b fine next week... talk to ur Beanie w ur dh every night.... all the best

denmeg: I think beanies should be fine, no matter what o&g consultant are doctors. Don't worry too much and you will be seeing Prof Tee soon.
bb_hc: Thanks for the search, shall go and take a look :)
Hi_Mei: cheer up, as some heartbeat can only be detected later.
Zaan: bfp is also like af coming the feeling. I am the one with a lot of cramps and thought it was af initially. All the best and hope you can join us soon.
Iwantahealthybaby: No worries I am joining you as the Oscar test can only be done in week 13 as all the slots are full. So by the time I see doctor will be week 14. At least you will still be going back for scan? for me in the month of April totally no doctor's appointment only until May 15 then is my scan and Oscar's review.
Meilingg: How are you? never hear from you over here for sometime.
Circle: see if you can go back and see Dr Tan asap.

Later I am going back to office for a short meeting, hope I will be fine sneaking out. Today will be having Chinese food for lunch :( ..

Hi mei, I think exact 6 wk is still early . Ur beanie could be late implanter thus u can't see yet.
Hang on, I m sure u can see it next week scan. Who will do re scan for u?

Can I join this thread too? :)

@circlecircle, why don't you request to see Dr Tan earlier and ask him about your bleeding and blood clot? There was one time I felt some pain on my left side in Dec 2013. I just went straight to Clinic D and requested to see Dr Tan. Though I did not have any scheduled appointment with him, the nurse still slotted me in to see Dr Tan and I only waited for half an hour. But Dr Tan will be away for some conference from Thursday to Monday.

I've also been transferred to TPS.

I thank God for blessing and protecting our little miracle! :)
Welcome welcome!!!! How was your scan??

You must be quite lucky to get a slot with him. He is not always at clinic d one. I did 3 vagina scans in less than 1 week. Think would be good to let beanie rest and grow. Heard too many scans also not good.

Right now seems ok. Hope it is just one - off. Will just continue my bed rest until I see him. If got anything unexpected then see how la.

Hi mei, I think exact 6 wk is still early . Ur beanie could be late implanter thus u can't see yet.
Hang on, I m sure u can see it next week scan. Who will do re scan for u?
Thanks :) Tan HH said he will do the next scan personally. The first scan was done by the AMC unit.

Circle same I don't like amc scan really doesn't feel right. No reassurance. Doesn't bother speaking much. Their job is scan review go ask doc feel.

Lynn hehehe let's wait for our scan together.

Faithfullyours welcome to the thread :)

I starting to feel some pulling sensation on tummy area since yesterday but don't know Isit walk too much stand too long or what. Hope nothing serious. Still busy today also need to walk and keep standing.

My scan is okay. My next appointment with Dr Tan is on 22 Apr, which is 3 weeks from now. At the same time, we will be doing blood test for Oscar testing on 22 Apr and ultrasound scan on 14 May. Dr Tan also extended my HL to 30 Apr.

My scan is okay. My next appointment with Dr Tan is on 22 Apr, which is 3 weeks from now. At the same time, we will be doing blood test for Oscar testing on 22 Apr and ultrasound scan on 14 May. Dr Tan also extended my HL to 30 Apr.
That is good news! So nice, can do blood test and see him tog.

I wanted that too but the nurse says my visit with dr tan is too early to do blood test. Unless I shift his appt back. But I wanted to keep that appt. So me gonna make 3 trips to kkh. One for doc appt, one for blood test and one for the first trimester scan.

So the first trimester scan is called oscar test ah?

That is good news! So nice, can do blood test and see him tog.

I wanted that too but the nurse says my visit with dr tan is too early to do blood test. Unless I shift his appt back. But I wanted to keep that appt. So me gonna make 3 trips to kkh. One for doc appt, one for blood test and one for the first trimester scan.

So the first trimester scan is called oscar test ah?

I asked the nurse. KKH calls it Down Syndrome Test. She said private calls it Oscar Test. She said they are the same.

Ic. No wonder i always hear oscar by my experience mummy friends but never once in kkh. Lol. So it's the same. Side note: I started drinking cold water already. Fanta grape, cold milo etc. Maybe weather is hot I cannot take hot drinks anymore.

Thanks @LynnCandy for asking..
Im doing good. Other than on and off cramps, puke when brushing teeth or keeps coughing till wanna puke.

I still always read what you all posted everyday~ for me i have to wait till next tue before i get to go for my 1st scan...

Till now no spotting but there is a day i think this week where i saw clear white discharge. Once only.

Back