(2014/10) Oct 2014 Mummies

Hi fellow mummies,

Am glad to be back in this forum again, my #1 was born in 2010.
Tested positive last week and I think I'm 4-5 weeks which means EDD is October?
I hope so then I can opt for my elective c-sect on my birthday!
First visit to gynae at TMC tomorrow, hope to see something!
I'm a late bloomer so hope for a healthy baby!

Takashimaya baby fair starts tomorrow I think!

Hi fellow mummies,

Am glad to be back in this forum again, my #1 was born in 2010.
Tested positive last week and I think I'm 4-5 weeks which means EDD is October?
I hope so then I can opt for my elective c-sect on my birthday!
First visit to gynae at TMC tomorrow, hope to see something!
I'm a late bloomer so hope for a healthy baby!

Takashimaya baby fair starts tomorrow I think!
Hi, my no. 1 was born in 2010 too, in Nov. Yours ?

Hi, my no. 1 was born in 2010 too, in Nov. Yours ?
Hi Snowy, mine was June 2010.

Just went for my first scan today, week 5+, can see a tiny 2mm dot which is supposed to be a heartbeat.
Ultrasound machine couldn't generate a EDD, gynae said will be October (didn't specify dates).
Still, very happy is October baby :)

my#2 doctor will only know EDD on 8th week. this is wad i was told by my gynea nurse. so now I am thinking if I should wait till week 8 den i see the gynea or next week which is week 6. So i don have to spend two time money. hah..
ilovetrinity, thanks for the info, in this case I should change my next appointment date also, was asked to go back 2 weeks later.
I should change it to 3 weeks later.
TMC rates increased a lot since 2010 (of course since 4 years ago!) so should save on whichever part I can! LOL!

hi there!

finally finding time to report here. currently 8+ weeks, EDD early Oct but most likely will be mid to late sept.
this is my 4th pregnancy and my 3rd bb. (suffered a miscarriage last oct)

would like to join the fb group. can the administrator kindly pm me so I can give my email address??

thanks!

hi there!

finally finding time to report here. currently 8+ weeks, EDD early Oct but most likely will be mid to late sept.
this is my 4th pregnancy and my 3rd bb. (suffered a miscarriage last oct)

would like to join the fb group. can the administrator kindly pm me so I can give my email address??

thanks!
You can add me at [email protected] and I'll add ya into the group. :)

Hi dustygritty, i've added you. :)

Hi faith_19, yup can see the heart beat. :)

Anyone experiencing tingling sensation in the uterus? Happens like 5-6 times a hour after 830pm. This morning, still have this feeling but i tink is lesser number of times. I search on the web and found it to be normal. Getting a bit paranoid.

Hi all!! Only did a positive test few days ago... checked online calculator and my EDD is 1st Oct. So should be delivered end Sept or by 1st Oct. This is my second pregnancy. First pregnancy delivered at TMC. Thinking to go Mount A this time. Don't have morning sickness... but have evening sickness... It's terrible for me. Can't wait for first tri to be over. :p

Hi dustygritty... I have added you in fb. Pls add me in the group. Thanks :)

Tested positive last week... EDD is 17th Oct. This is my first pregnancy... totally clueless.. but so thrilled at the same time. Going for 1st gynae appointment today... hope everything goes well! ;)

Hi all, new here. Just tested positive and because i this month only action once so judging from online calculator using conceive date method, i think im end oct. This #2 is not planned so am very surprised. I have a #1 born in Aug 2012. So i will have 龙马精神!!

Hi all.. I'm 龙马精神 too (lol)

Went to check up at week 6, can heard the heart beat already.

This is my 3rd pregnancy. Going through very bad MS (whole day sickness) since week 5. Week 8 now. Edd early October. Hope MS go away from me soon, feeling very lousy as can't do anything.

As far as I know, 1st trimester don't need to specially take tonic. But can start taking in 2-3trimester. But if really want to consume bird nest and chicken essence also won't do harm. Just in moderation.

Pre-natal vitamin is good enough. I'm taking folic acid and vitamin B6 at night just before I sleep. Can't take in the day, will make my MS even worse.

DOM has alcohol content right? If yes, then cannot consume.

For my #1, I took bird nest. #2 didn't specially take any good stuff. So #3 I decided not to take any special tonic also. Just eat everything in moderate.

Had given birth at Thomson Medical and Mount A.
Prefer Mount A though.

Hi just found out i was pregnant on 9 Feb and went to KKH to double confirm on 10 Feb. Only able to see a small dot on ultrasound.
Was scheduled to go back again on 26 Feb and this time round saw a yolk and waterbag. But doc seems abit concern as still unable to see baby.
Is this normal? he was scaring me might be silent miscarriage when the baby didnt develop anymore.
Based on my calculation i might be at only week 5-6 as i have a 35 days cycle.
Doc say i should be at week 4 on 9 Feb when i first got my positive as he say you can only get a positive result when you are 4 weeks pregnant.
Is that true? is it possible to get a positive when you are only 3 weeks pregnant?

Currently waiting for another scan next wed.. hoping to see the little bean soon..

I'm late for 3 days and even though I've not have gone for any test, my gut feel was pretty sure. I use the app to calculate my edd, it will be 05-06 Nov so if it's really the case I could be a Oct or Nov mummy.... so should I join the Oct group or Nov group?

Hi just found out i was pregnant on 9 Feb and went to KKH to double confirm on 10 Feb. Only able to see a small dot on ultrasound.
Was scheduled to go back again on 26 Feb and this time round saw a yolk and waterbag. But doc seems abit concern as still unable to see baby.
Is this normal? he was scaring me might be silent miscarriage when the baby didnt develop anymore.
Doc say i should be at week 4 on 9 Feb when i first got my positive as he say you can only get a positive result when you are 4 weeks pregnant.
Is that true? is it possible to get a positive when you are only 3 weeks pregnant?

Currently waiting for another scan next wed.. hoping to see the little bean soon..

I tested positive using clear blue digital kit at 11dpo. That means 3w+ and the digital window says pregnant 1-2 (the kit count from date of conception, so if 1 week, gynae will class as 3 weeks pregnant).

Wait another week, should see something :)
Usually the presence of yolk sac is a good sign, from my readings on line that is.

All the best, and may God bless you abundantly!

I got a positive when I was 3 weeks+ pregnant :)

Based on my own calculation on the date of ovaluation, i was 3weeks+ when tested positive. Tested early as got nausea feeling and vomited twice. But now i think the nausea feeling has subside, not sure if is a good sign anot.

Hopefully can see the little bean next week :) *praying*

Based on my own calculation on the date of ovaluation, i was 3weeks+ when tested positive. Tested early as got nausea feeling and vomited twice. But now i think the nausea feeling has subside, not sure if is a good sign anot.

Hopefully can see the little bean next week :) *praying*
by now shd be able to see liao! :)

hope so. The doc still scare me saying he was quite concern and it could be a silent miscarriage. make me cry whole day :(

he even prescribe me progesterone to take for this week.

anyone heard of silent miscarriage?

Just to ask, if my only action (bd) was on 9th feb then now just tested positive, am I considered just 2weeks pregnant?

Hi all MTBs, I have been searching online for advices on brown spottings which I have observed every time I return home after going out a even for only 2 hours or so, for the past few weeks. This has been worrying me alot, and I am thinking if I should visit the O&G at KKH tomorrow for a checkup on my baby or should I wait till my second appointment with my Gynae on the coming 11th March.

Btw, my EDD is also in October, on the 6th! Could any of you please add me into the fb group? My email is [email protected].

Hi all MTBs, I have been searching online for advices on brown spottings which I have observed every time I return home after going out a even for only 2 hours or so, for the past few weeks. This has been worrying me alot, and I am thinking if I should visit the O&G at KKH tomorrow for a checkup on my baby or should I wait till my second appointment with my Gynae on the coming 11th March.

Btw, my EDD is also in October, on the 6th! Could any of you please add me into the fb group? My email is [email protected].

You should visit the Gynae immediately for a check up. Are there any cramps experienced? From experience, Gynae may give you hormone jabs and pills to stabilize the pregnancy. It works for me.

Having said that, don't worry too much. Spotting is very common but do get it checked for a peace of mind.

First of all u have to stop stressing urself~ I had brown spotting too but I went to gynae and he gave me jab to stabilize the pregnancy and pills to balance the hormones n increase the progesterone lvl. Plenty of rest is needed. Avoid moving around or going out..avoid cold drinks.. pregnancy with brown spots means unstable. Cramps are normal in pregnancy which means ur uterus is expanding~ unless the pain is intolerable then u have to see ur gynae immediately. Just relax , positive thoughts help!

You should visit the Gynae immediately for a check up. Are there any cramps experienced? From experience, Gynae may give you hormone jabs and pills to stabilize the pregnancy. It works for me.
Having said that, don't worry too much. Spotting is very common but do get it checked for a peace of mind.

Thanks for the advice Clover, I actually went to see the Gynae at O&G on one of the late nights last week and the Gynae check up on me and told me that my cervix is closed which is a good sign, then when she drew out the equipment, there were some brown blood stains. But she told us the baby is in good condition and my hubby and me were able to hear our baby's heartbeat that night too.

The Gynae then prescribed me some folic acid and progesterone pills but was not given any jab. Do I have to request for the jab? And something to clarify, is it okay to consume 5mg of folic acid a day? Cuz I read online that the standard should be 0.4 mg to 0.8 mg per day. Despite taking the pills, I am still experiencing brown spotting every night after I return from dinner, which worries me a lot.

First of all u have to stop stressing urself~ I had brown spotting too but I went to gynae and he gave me jab to stabilize the pregnancy and pills to balance the hormones n increase the progesterone lvl. Plenty of rest is needed. Avoid moving around or going out..avoid cold drinks.. pregnancy with brown spots means unstable. Cramps are normal in pregnancy which means ur uterus is expanding~ unless the pain is intolerable then u have to see ur gynae immediately. Just relax , positive thoughts help!

Hi Apple, thank you for the advice, I am trying to stay at home the whole day to see if I will still experience any brown spotting. As for cramps, I have experience minor cramps in the morning and every time I go to clear my bowels, the cramps disappear. Not sure if these cramps are common.

Yes I will try to relax and think positively.

Thanks for the advice Clover, I actually went to see the Gynae at O&G on one of the late nights last week and the Gynae check up on me and told me that my cervix is closed which is a good sign, then when she drew out the equipment, there were some brown blood stains. But she told us the baby is in good condition and my hubby and me were able to hear our baby's heartbeat that night too.

The Gynae then prescribed me some folic acid and progesterone pills but was not given any jab. Do I have to request for the jab? And something to clarify, is it okay to consume 5mg of folic acid a day? Cuz I read online that the standard should be 0.4 mg to 0.8 mg per day. Despite taking the pills, I am still experiencing brown spotting every night after I return from dinner, which worries me a lot.

Hi Apple, thank you for the advice, I am trying to stay at home the whole day to see if I will still experience any brown spotting. As for cramps, I have experience minor cramps in the morning and every time I go to clear my bowels, the cramps disappear. Not sure if these cramps are common.

Yes I will try to relax and think positively.
Minor cramps is normal in pregnancy , don't worry too much.. It be fine! Just rem take ur folic acid n progesterone pills daily~ rest tons!

Hi! Just got to know i'm with a lil one too! EDD is 10 10 2014 ^^ Been a merlion these few weeks. Hope the rest of the mummies are doing well. Please do add me to the Facebook page! Thanks much! Hope we will journey together ...

Back