(2014/10) Oct 2014 Mummies

Hi Mummies,

I have a brand new tube of Clarins stretch marks cream to let go at $55 (original price at $82). Self collection at Sengkang or punggol. Pls PM me if interested.

Last edited:

Hi, I m very sad today. I m 7 weeks of pregnant. However, the doc scan n can see only my water bag. He say by 7weeks shld see a white spot in the water bag. Doc say by 1week ltr still can't see hv to terminate it. At the same time I did a blood test to check on my fetus.

Hi all,

I just tested positive yesterday with clear blue digital (it says 2-3 weeks). This is my #2 but I'm still very excited esp. since #1 is 7 years ago, haha. I'm thinking of going for VBAC with water birth. Anybody else interested in waterbirth?

WaWaPrincess, good that all is fine with check up. Hearing the heartbeat is a very good sign! If your Gynae is confident that progesterone pills are sufficient, then go with it. However since your spotting continues, best to check with your Gynae again to understand why that still happens.
For my case, as I had a m/c before, my Gynae gave me jabs every 2 weeks through my first trimester.
Most importantly rest well, minimise walking and bed rest whenever possible. Keep your spirits up and you will be fine :)

Hi all.. I'm 龙马精神 too (lol)

Went to check up at week 6, can heard the heart beat already.

This is my 3rd pregnancy. Going through very bad MS (whole day sickness) since week 5. Week 8 now. Edd early October. Hope MS go away from me soon, feeling very lousy as can't do anything.

As far as I know, 1st trimester don't need to specially take tonic. But can start taking in 2-3trimester. But if really want to consume bird nest and chicken essence also won't do harm. Just in moderation.

Pre-natal vitamin is good enough. I'm taking folic acid and vitamin B6 at night just before I sleep. Can't take in the day, will make my MS even worse.

DOM has alcohol content right? If yes, then cannot consume.

For my #1, I took bird nest. #2 didn't specially take any good stuff. So #3 I decided not to take any special tonic also. Just eat everything in moderate.

Had given birth at Thomson Medical and Mount A.
Prefer Mount A though.

Hi agaga, what is MS means? is it mood swing?
and you mean taking folic acid will make your MS worse?
I always took folic acid in the morning, and i always feel very lousy, bad nausea and headache in the morning.

Hi all,

I just tested positive yesterday with clear blue digital (it says 2-3 weeks). This is my #2 but I'm still very excited esp. since #1 is 7 years ago, haha. I'm thinking of going for VBAC with water birth. Anybody else interested in waterbirth?

Mejo, can test so early?

Hi, I m very sad today. I m 7 weeks of pregnant. However, the doc scan n can see only my water bag. He say by 7weeks shld see a white spot in the water bag. Doc say by 1week ltr still can't see hv to terminate it. At the same time I did a blood test to check on my fetus.

Hi Daphnelai

Dun worry so much. The doc might have got the date wrong. You might b ovaluate later than u think. Wait for another week or so to scan again. I just went to scan last week the doc say I am 6 weeks but only see waterbag n yolk. Oso tell me if this see still can't see the LO then will be silent miscarriage. But based on calculation I sld b lesser than 6 weeks and I still have pregnancy symptoms over the weekends. So pretty sure the baby is still growing. Vomitted over the weekends. Will be going for another scan again this wed. . Hoping to see the LO this week. Stay positive :)

Last edited:
Hi agaga, what is MS means? is it mood swing?
and you mean taking folic acid will make your MS worse?
I always took folic acid in the morning, and i always feel very lousy, bad nausea and headache in the morning.

Hi Verine

MS means morning sickness.

Tried taking folic acid day and night. Prefer to take it just before bed. Although nausea is still there but not as bad as compare to take in the morning.

Try it, perhaps you'll feel better in some way too ;)

Counting down and looking forward to 2nd trimester. Hopefully my appetite comes back without these awful whole day sickness.

@corrinatay

Hope u have good news. I'm seeing john tee at kkh too
He delivered my #1 in 20 13

Hi morningstarz

Thanks! Hopefully can see the LO on wed. . Btw how u find John tee? Tat time I went he was like talking on hp about cars in front of me. And didn't even check wat is my first scan on 10th Feb like and nv compare actually there is progress from 1st n 2nd scan. 1st scan I can only see a small dot n 2nd scan with him can see waterbag n yolk. He jus told me might b silent miscarriage and make me cry for the whole afternoon. .

Done some research.. actually alot of ppl have the same situation as me. Cos actually ovulate later than wat the doc think. He didn't even bother to ask how long is my cycle. If I have a long cycle then tat would mean I ovulate later than wat he think.

Hi luvkiwi

So far how u find John Tee? Dun find him as good as wat other review says. .

Haha well it is correct that he is a man of few words and soft spoken. However, he is a very friendly person who is always ready to answer any questions that you have. Thats my experience so far as this is my #1 :)

I'm trying to use the SMH app on iPhone now. Looks good. I'm with John Tee too at AMK. I so agree he's a man of few words. I tend not to worry so much because of his few words. ^^

MS is making me miserable too, didn't have it for #1 so I assumed I wouldn't have it again - how wrong!
Does it definitely end by 2nd trimester?
I'm also sleeping all the time and hardly spending time with #1 *Guilt*

Anyone seeing Dr Benjamin Tham as well at TMC?

And any recommendations on where to shop for maternity clothes?
I threw away my maternity clothes 2 years back thinking I would only have #1. Sigh.

MS is making me miserable too, didn't have it for #1 so I assumed I wouldn't have it again - how wrong!
Does it definitely end by 2nd trimester?
I'm also sleeping all the time and hardly spending time with #1 *Guilt*

Anyone seeing Dr Benjamin Tham as well at TMC?

And any recommendations on where to shop for maternity clothes?
I threw away my maternity clothes 2 years back thinking I would only have #1. Sigh.

Im not seeing Ben Tham, but seeing WK Tan from the same clinic, this is my num 2. So we could be bumping into each other in the clinic :)

@corrinatay

Hi,

I find John Tee ok. He delivered my first baby in 2013 and I am now seeing him for my 2nd baby. He is a very experienced gynae. Like what some other mummies have shared, he can be quite busy and quiet. Actually I have found similar comments on many gynaes in the forum boards. One of my friend has a gynae who went private to Gleneages when she had her 2nd kid. She said that the gynae has a lot of time now and would make a lot of jokes and do funny necklace swinging tests to check baby gender in the early stages.

I think as an occupational hazard sometimes gynaes can be quite tactless. I dont think they mean anything. John Tee maybe quiet but he will definitely answer any questions that you may have. I was spotting heavily in my initial weeks and he need a vaginal scan to make sure that my baby had a heartbeat. I think he could sense that I was worried as I didnt spot with bb1.

Dont worry too much about your baby. It is important that you stay happy and cheerful for the sack of your baby.

Take good care of yourself!

Hi dustygritty, i've added you.

I had wanted to wait till 8 weeks before going to the gynae... but I started bleeding today... not even spotting but is menses like bleeding. So went to gynae and did Ultrasound scan and blood test. Scan can see sac, very early pregnancy, only 5 weeks which is about what I estimated. Going back for second blood test on wed... Hoping for good news.

Hi Verine

MS means morning sickness.

Tried taking folic acid day and night. Prefer to take it just before bed. Although nausea is still there but not as bad as compare to take in the morning.

Try it, perhaps you'll feel better in some way too ;)

Counting down and looking forward to 2nd trimester. Hopefully my appetite comes back without these awful whole day sickness.

Hi Agaga, now i understand what you all are talking about MS already. :D

Today i have forgotten to eat the folic acid and hormone pill, and i dont have MS. Maybe its really the pill.
Maybe i shall give it a try at night.

I have been prescribed with a hormone pill to eat twice a day to stop my brown spotting, and told i have to finish the course which is quite alot.
Now the brown spotting has stopped for quite sometimes already, i wonder should i stop eating it??
I heard that eating too much hormone pills is not good.

Also, does anyone has sleepless night?
I am always half conscious at night and suddenly in the middle of the night i will woke up and i find it real hard for me to fall asleep again. :(
It seems that most of you are very tired and could sleep all night.

Sorry, i have a lot of questions. :p

Hi dustygritty, i've added you.

I had wanted to wait till 8 weeks before going to the gynae... but I started bleeding today... not even spotting but is menses like bleeding. So went to gynae and did Ultrasound scan and blood test. Scan can see sac, very early pregnancy, only 5 weeks which is about what I estimated. Going back for second blood test on wed... Hoping for good news.

I read that bleeding is serious issue.
Hope you and baby are okay.

Hi Verine,

Yar, I do have sleepless nights and a lot of dreams. (Probably going to be even more sleepless now...) In my first pregnancy, I took the hormone pills throughout my first trimester. No problems with MS though. I also hope baby is okay. I'm okay it seems because at least seeing the sac has ruled out an ectopic pregnancy. Oh well, I can only hope for the best...

Mejo, yea i have alot dreams too... okay, feel relief that i am not alone about the sleepless nights...
So i should just continue the hormone pills as per the doc instruction lor? Hmm....

Seems like there are many are having their number 2... hehe!
I have a lot to learn from you all..

Hi vernie,

I had sleepless nights too and I do not feel tired....now I try to sleep earlier so that I can hav enough rest :)

stumbled upon this forum only today!

wah.. so many experienced mommys here.

Hi everyone, newbie here and I suspect I'm the oldest to be tested positive for #1. Still very surreal as my ROM was last Dec and havent even gone thru my wedding dinner.

This bb not planned and came as a surprise. Now only a friend knows about it and she suggest not to wear high heels for my AD.

Currently no effects besides the sore breasts for a couple of weeks now.

Starting my 7th week today. Because of my age, the GP says to quickly make an appt with the gynae. Scheduled first appt coming Thurs. What will they do normally on 1st appt? Blood test? Scan?

Hope to get more advise as I'm not making this announcement soon.. :)

Oh.. and add me to the fb group too! Thanks!! [email protected]

@Ah Mei

I guess it depends on how old you are. Usually it will be a scan to check that the sac can baby heartbeat can be seen. The blood test, oscars etc will be later.

Hi Verine,

Yar, I do have sleepless nights and a lot of dreams. (Probably going to be even more sleepless now...) In my first pregnancy, I took the hormone pills throughout my first trimester. No problems with MS though. I also hope baby is okay. I'm okay it seems because at least seeing the sac has ruled out an ectopic pregnancy. Oh well, I can only hope for the best...

Rest more, meijo.

Hope you and baby will be fine. Take care!!!

Wow, i just managed to log in after numerous od busy days attending to my coughing toddler. Hurray! Glad to see so many 龙马精神 mummies, just like me. ilovetrinity-are you referring to Parkway East Hospital?

My little dragon girl is now 16mths old. With my ill body since 3 weeks ago, taking care of her is a very tedious task. She had since became very grouchy as if she seems to know she'll be having a new younger sibling soon and fighting for attention already.

I can feel my gastric turning upside down most of the time so lying on bed is the best position ever. Can't stand smell of cooking, cigarette, perfume and washing detergent. I even get motion sickness during car ride.

Appetite is very small but get hungry very easily and if I don't eat in time, my stomach will be very bloated or nausea will kick in.

Really disgusted by the after taste of food intake, got to brush teeth many times a day.

Constipation since pregnant, went toilet every 4 days, sigh... miserable.

Worst, I can't even feed my girl porridge as it's too fishy smell. Make my nausea even worst.

Really hope these will go away as fast as possible. Past 2 pregnancies these symptoms went almost away around 15weeks.

Last edited:
I seen Gynae last week and baby Edd is 18/10! My #2, #1 is almost 2 years this may. This thread is getting so active. Managed to see water bag baby heartbeat and yolk sac ~6w5d. Return to my original Gynae dr Chua yang..very comfortable w her. Most likely delivering Alvernia cos it's near my house.

Anybody #1 super clingy? Mummy mummy all the time!

@chanela

Mine is龙马精神.#1 &#2 will be 1.5yrs apart. #1 is super clingy...I'm not sure if it is cos he is sick since he is quite clingy to me when he is not well but I suspect partially that it is cos he knows mei mei is coming. ..sigh. .

@agaga

Jiayou! My dragon boy is 13 months + now and my girl is coming in another 3 months. My Ms is constantly bad too. Thank God that my boy seems to think mummy puking is funny. He will laugh hilariously. Initially I was afraid that it will scare him and ask hub to bring him away when I'm puking but.he is more amused by it than anything.

My period came back only after 18months cos I was bf. Very very happy we got lucky after 4rounds because I was worried due to my weird period cycles.

My #1 and #2 will be 29months apart...just nice I have some time In the morning during ML cos he will be in Sch.

Tiring! Wanna take mc but don't really dare to because of some projects I'm involved in..take mc end up also I must continue to do next day. :/

Haha my period only came back once then following month we hit jackport. I was also exclusively breastfeeding hence wasnt expecting to get pregnant so quickly. ..it's less tiring for me cos I stopped working recently..thank God cos his illness recently totally exhausted me

my #1 and this #2 will be 26 months apart... now already start to worry about caregiver issues.... hahaha....

Yes my toddler boy just reaches 16mths lately and he is clingy to me,i am enjoying but am worrying now how to cope with #2 coming along. i am a sahm too, therefore not much time for rest nowadays too

Back