(2014/10) Oct 2014 Mummies

I've no preference but am concerned on steep prices. my mum ask me go for subsidized like SGH, any opinions?
NUH has pretty good gynaes all round so you might wanna consider :) I'm not sure about the procedure though... like if you need to get referral from polyclinic or something

anyone knows if rebonding is allowed in 1st trimester or should it be done in 2nd trimester?
I don't even dare to do any kinds of chemical treatment at all throughout pregnancy... depends on your comfort level I guess. Xiaxue still went ahead to do hair colouring

Hi mummies, I've just tested positive this morning too =)
Booked an appt with the gynae this Monday.

dustygritty : I've just fb pm you. Could you kindly add me into the group? Thanks!

I have bad cramps too... Apparently it's not much of an issue unless got spotting

thanks dustygritty. my pain was quite bad last week tt i woke up in middle of the night. hopefully it'll be fine.

btw r all folic acid suitable? I've got one bottle bought from Aussie, not sure if can take

thanks dustygritty. my pain was quite bad last week tt i woke up in middle of the night. hopefully it'll be fine.

btw r all folic acid suitable? I've got one bottle bought from Aussie, not sure if can take

Hi shaping, have u seen gynae..? Myself do have cramp too but once I tested positive, immediately I book appointment to see gynae cos I'm scare due to my previous experience.

Hi shaping, have u seen gynae..? Myself do have cramp too but once I tested positive, immediately I book appointment to see gynae cos I'm scare due to my previous experience.

hi lynn, i've made appt to see gynae next week.. but they told me that can't scan or tell anything yet, and actually advise me to go in early March.
if i go next week, they will just do blood test.

folic acid from watsons ot unity or guardian is ok. the dr at polyclinic confirmed. and if u wanna go public hospital as subsidized patient, go to polyclinic to get referral letter. if u jus go to hospital on ur own, u will b treated as private patient~

hi lynn, i've made appt to see gynae next week.. but they told me that can't scan or tell anything yet, and actually advise me to go in early March.
if i go next week, they will just do blood test.

Oh, I'm not sure but at least for now im not so worried. I did scanning & doc say fetus in the womb. Will be back in 2 weeks to see hb

Better to check with your gynae on that..

I don't even dare to do any kinds of chemical treatment at all throughout pregnancy... depends on your comfort level I guess. Xiaxue still went ahead to do hair colouring

My previous pregnancy, my hairdresser said can do hair colour, she ll be careful not to touch the roots. But to be safe, I think better wait till 2nd trimester...

For those who has visited gynae and not able to see the sac or heartbeat yet, is it through tummy scan or vagina scan?

Based on last menses I am 5 weeks. But actual is 3 weeks, as I know when it was made :p

tomorrow going for my first gynae consultation, as this is my first time... I have no idea what to ask and even though I discovered I'm pregnant in early feb but the gynae is only free tis sat. Anyway Is it alright to continue exercise like working out on those step machines in gym?

For those who has visited gynae and not able to see the sac or heartbeat yet, is it through tummy scan or vagina scan?

Based on last menses I am 5 weeks. But actual is 3 weeks, as I know when it was made :p
Hi b3b3, for my first visit , the gynae couldn't really see anything but the 2nd visit the following week using tummy scan he could see a tiny sac... Then was about 4 weeks plus. I think since you are 5 weeks already should be able to see though some clinics recommend going later at 6-7 weeks .

Hi Mummies...very excited to join Oct 2014 forum! I just found out I was pregnant in the office toilet 2 days ago! Based on due date calculator, my EDD should be late Oct. I'm feeling quite crampy at the moment...any mummies feeling that also?

Hi Mummies...very excited to join Oct 2014 forum! I just found out I was pregnant in the office toilet 2 days ago! Based on due date calculator, my EDD should be late Oct. I'm feeling quite crampy at the moment...any mummies feeling that also?

Congrats!!! Same here, cramp too I tot having period soon.. Went to see gynea on last Tuesday, everything is ok... Gynea say cramp is normal

Hi!! I should be late oct too. :) I'm also crampy, so don't worry about it

Hi!! I should be late oct too. :) I'm also crampy, so don't worry about it
Thanks all for your encouragement. I'm just soooo paranoid...I had a chemical pregnancy many years back....positive HPT but in the end period came the next week! The doc said it was chemical pregnancy....hope all goes smoothly this time. But I'm relieve to hear so many mummies also having cramps....

Littlefish.. I used to work on step machines in my 1st pregnancy.. my gynae say ok. Jus make sure u r hydrated thruout n dun overexert n heartbeat dun go so high...

Is it safe to travel during first trimester? I promised my 2 year old I will be taking him to HK Disneyland this March, I feel so bad to disappoint him. By 2nd trimester, my tummy will be too big to go anywhere and it will be summer.

Is it safe to travel during first trimester? I promised my 2 year old I will be taking him to HK Disneyland this March, I feel so bad to disappoint him. By 2nd trimester, my tummy will be too big to go anywhere and it will be summer.
Hi ims, it's safer to travel during the 2nd trimester... You could also check with your gynae for advice..

I think better check with gynae.. im also booked for aussie trip this march.. gynae say wait til nxt check up.. during my #1.. I did travel to hk at about 10 wks and travel to krabi at 18wks... my gynae say life goes on even when pregnant.. lol. But of cos it still depends on individual la..

Hi ims, it depends on the airline you are on board on. For my #1 pregnancy, i traveling out for my last on flight at week 37th before i went on delivery and confined at hme. Perhaps avoid flying at first trim, then prepare to fly to hk for your vacation first/two weeks of trimster 2. Hope this helps. Happy planning to your vacation. ;-)

Oh yes, for easier traveling with your pregnancy and elder child, you might like to stay in the Disneyland hotels, to reduce long traveling on the road/train etc. ;-)

Oh yes, for easier traveling with your pregnancy and elder child, you might like to stay in the Disneyland hotels, to reduce long traveling on the road/train etc. ;-)
Ya that's what I want to do, stay at Disneyland for 3 nights. My 2 year old is still too young to enjoy other sight-seeing in HK. I can imagine the happiness in his face :) Hope the gynae will clear me.

Hi CONGRATS to Mums to be !!!
can i check ... ...

1) anyone here conceived aft taking TCM medicine?
2) which TCM and where did u see TCM?
3) How long did u conceive aft seeing TCM?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Emily.. I took TCM for both no1 n now no2.. for no1 I took 6 cycles in 8 mths before i got pregnant.. cos my cycle is not regular.. then I started to take tcm again last yr... took 1 yr before conceive no2.. but only abt 10 or 11 cycles.

Went to tcm at marine parade central.. ban choon chan medical hall... recommended by friend... :)

Hi Emily.. I took TCM for both no1 n now no2.. for no1 I took 6 cycles in 8 mths before i got pregnant.. cos my cycle is not regular.. then I started to take tcm again last yr... took 1 yr before conceive no2.. but only abt 10 or 11 cycles.

Went to tcm at marine parade central.. ban choon chan medical hall... recommended by friend... :)
Thanks Zaralle, very much appreciated :) I am TTC-ing for #1. Wishing you and baby healthy and happy. Fast and smooth delivery. Kids all good girls and good boys.

Thanks Zaralle, very much appreciated :) I am TTC-ing for #1. Wishing you and baby healthy and happy. Fast and smooth delivery. Kids all good girls and good boys.

Hi Emily,
Maybe can ask your hubby to take the fish oil supplements.
Heard it works for some couple.

Good luck

Hi dustygritty
Is the fb group a closed one ? If yes , pl add me in or you dun mind, give me your email, I ll add you first, then you can add me to the group ?

Hi dustygritty, could you add me to oct 2014 mummy group too. Just saw gynae and did ultrasound. I have to be on progesterone jabs due to cramps unfortunately :( my email is [email protected]

Hi Dusty, are you the leader of the group? Hello…can add me into FB group.

I have just added you as friend

Back