(2014/10) Oct 2014 Mummies

@little peanut

My mum will be taking care of bb . However I also put my name on wait list in infant care centre just in case.

I'm thinking of infant care too.. Problem is we are not confident at all to be able to pick bb every evening by 7pm or even 7.30pm.. Def will get blackmarked by teachers...

ANYONE HATING THE WEATHER!? SO HOT and i feel so dizzy even if I'm seating down!! :(

I'm super hate the weather. Especially those who having confinement now like me! Going crazy.. My sweat keep on drip from my face, neck then to my breast area. My upper part somewhere ard breast area all wet!! No fan & no bath.. :-( Only herbal bath & 25 degrees aircon room. (Can't on aircon 24 hours too..)

I'm super hate the weather. Especially those who having confinement now like me! Going crazy.. My sweat keep on drip from my face, neck then to my breast area. My upper part somewhere ard breast area all wet!! No fan & no bath.. :-( Only herbal bath & 25 degrees aircon room. (Can't on aircon 24 hours too..)
Under such circumstances hv to bathe everyday ah. ESP if breast feeding. Else I will feel
V gross. Can't put powder some more cos scared bb "drink" the powder. Helps to carry a towel around to wipe up the sweat as it drips.

Under such circumstances hv to bathe everyday ah. ESP if breast feeding. Else I will feel
V gross. Can't put powder some more cos scared bb "drink" the powder. Helps to carry a towel around to wipe up the sweat as it drips.

Agreed! Face towel is with me all the time. Got to change regularly.. By the way, I will wipe clean my breast before I do my breast pump. Or else.. Yucks! Hehe!

My baby jaundice level remained at 12.9 same as last Thursday. Never drop.. So worried! :-( this Thursday got to go back & check agn.

Agreed! Face towel is with me all the time. Got to change regularly.. By the way, I will wipe clean my breast before I do my breast pump. Or else.. Yucks! Hehe!

My baby jaundice level remained at 12.9 same as last Thursday. Never drop.. So worried! :-( this Thursday got to go back & check agn.

Actually don't b too worried as long as levels are coming down. My bb was yellow for 2 mths! Partly cos of breast milk induced jaundice. She needed phototherapy at birth for 2 days. So long as levels are not dangerously high and keeps dropping it will be fine. PD will monitor. Just make sure bb pee n poo enough everyday (6-8 diaper changes) will b ok.

I also bath everyday with the herbs. And so far only wash hair 3x. Doing baby shower this sat! Time flies..handle baby time pass so fast.

As per my MIL, herbal bath is every alternate day & only wipe body with hot towel when no herbal bath. Private part still bath everyday lah.. With hot water lo..hehe!

This sat is your baby shower? That's fast! How many days now? I'm just in my day 8. Still long way to go~

Actually don't b too worried as long as levels are coming down. My bb was yellow for 2 mths! Partly cos of breast milk induced jaundice. She needed phototherapy at birth for 2 days. So long as levels are not dangerously high and keeps dropping it will be fine. PD will monitor. Just make sure bb pee n poo enough everyday (6-8 diaper changes) will b ok.

My baby is not on high side but still need to be observe since her jaundice level never drop from last Thursday till today. My #1 I don't experience of this problems so quite worried for my lil baby. Hopefully she can recover soon.

I also started to bathe today at day 6. Before that was wiping of body.

I did my massage today.. Feeling oily, so thought of showering tomorrow also.

Is is true that if bb have jaundice,when u breastfeed u cant drink/eat ginger coz it will cause d bb to have jaundice?d nurse said and the guy i rent d phototheraphy.i dnt knw f its true or not

As per my MIL, herbal bath is every alternate day & only wipe body with hot towel when no herbal bath. Private part still bath everyday lah.. With hot water lo..hehe!

This sat is your baby shower? That's fast! How many days now? I'm just in my day 8. Still long way to go~
Wa alternate day ah. I cant stand it if dont bath everyday. Feel so sticky. Its very fast de.. before you know it confinement end soon.

My baby is not on high side but still need to be observe since her jaundice level never drop from last Thursday till today. My #1 I don't experience of this problems so quite worried for my lil baby. Hopefully she can recover soon.

My first one had high jaundice but second one didn't. One tip the doctors gave me was just make sure the yellow areas don't rise above the chest. My bb eyes also turn yellow. Quite scary. But slowly as the jaundice levels goes down the eyes will turn white first but body will remain yellow. Then u will see the yellow moving downwards. So long as the yellow don't rise back up will be fine. If rise back up then quickly go see doctor. The doctor was happy to let me monitor myself after the first or second week. I can't remember already. Been a few years. Haha.

For me cos I was latching 100% I just kept latching. Bb cry I feed. Then monitor wet diapers. Make sure bb dun fall asleep halfway through feeding. Also jaundice bb tend to sleep a lot. So must try to wake bb to feed. I try not to let bb sleep past 3hrs at one go for the first 2-3 weeks. So I was v tired. But ok lah. No need to keep pricking baby for blood tests and the jaundice finally subsided and managed to drag out bb's sleeping time successfully. She was sleeping through by 4mths.

Is is true that if bb have jaundice,when u breastfeed u cant drink/eat ginger coz it will cause d bb to have jaundice?d nurse said and the guy i rent d phototheraphy.i dnt knw f its true or not

I think no research evidence. A lot of old ppl say cannot. For me I cooked with ginger but didn't eat the ginger. I cut down just to be safe cos my bb's jaundice level v high. My doctor say not true. But I know there are some doctors who say dun take ginger.

Anyway ginger and wind kind of things is Chinese believe. Ask western doctor also no use. Might conflict.

My confinement lady double boiled DOM instead for me. So it works to get rid of wind n chills just like ginger. Actually I feel it works better than ginger.

For me I bathe with herbal and hot water everyday. Usually in the afternoon when temperature is warm. If raining I won't bathe. And wash hair when I feel my hair very oily or smelly. Make sure widows all closed when I bathe. And blow dry my hair till very very dry before stepping out of room.

Key thing is don't catch chill. Else very troublesome. Cos I tried once in my first confinement. Caught the chills when there was wind blowing in from my window and my t-shirt happened to be soaked in sweat. Then before I know it I was shivering under the blankets. It's like what old people say "catch wind". Thankfully my confinement lady was experienced. I told her and she quickly brew tonic to get rid of the "wind". So I really believe in this "wind" thing. And don't play play. Weather hot must bathe to keep clean. But it you see going to rain or windy better be careful. Shirt wet just change. Don't try to safe on laundry.

Everyone take care. Else cannot look after bb.

I actually like my sweat to drip drop non stop.. lol.. cos I feel very comfortable after that. Had lost 7kg so far. I bathe everyday after day6. Today day9 and had wash hair twice, hair still got stench after that despite wash very thoroughly. Sleep in aircon room also sweat non stop, wake up with a wet tee-shirt. Me too always carrying a hand towel. Hope to sweat more and aim total 10kg loss in 1st month.

Unlike 3rd trimester, just can't stand the heat but now without baby in tummy. I can tahan the weather wor... so ironic!

My mom put this 'little thingy' in baby sleeping area. Was said to help rid of jaundice. Don't know how it work though. But indeed in 2 days i can see my baby 'original' color. You can buy from those traditional medical hall. Tell them for baby jaundice 黄疸. Just 50 cents we got 3 of these 'little thingy' which looks like red date. We place at baby bed cover under a blanket and place in the bean sprout pillow.

Hope it helps and works for you. My mom said this knowledge was passed down from her grandma. Try it.. anyway 50 cents only. No harm also.. good luck

Last edited:
There's also this like flower herb that you can get from chinese medical shops. They say if you get it and bathe baby with it, it will help the jaundice?

It's just a flower bub or something like that so no harm done as well. You can try if you want.

If not just keep sunning your baby 7-9am & 4-6pm or rent a phototherapy machine.

Hi all~ i jus delivered my princess @ 0228 @ Mt A. Weigh 3.385kg~ natural without epidural cos was dilated 9cm when i admitted

Congrats to u!! Wahhh must be a fulfilling achievement able to deliver ur little one naturally. Congrats again. ;)

Congrats to both @zeropanda and @lervia.

The rest of us are still in the waiting game. Mostly experiencing back aches and aching feets, jia you mommies.. it will soon be our turn! i'm trying to get hospi leave too so that i can work from home.

Yes agreed. Weather not very kind in sept. I can bathe 3x a day. Hopefully the weather will be nicer come tomorrow ie Oct! Yeah!

I actually like my sweat to drip drop non stop.. lol.. cos I feel very comfortable after that. Had lost 7kg so far. I bathe everyday after day6. Today day9 and had wash hair twice, hair still got stench after that despite wash very thoroughly. Sleep in aircon room also sweat non stop, wake up with a wet tee-shirt. Me too always carrying a hand towel. Hope to sweat more and aim total 10kg loss in 1st month.

Unlike 3rd trimester, just can't stand the heat but now without baby in tummy. I can tahan the weather wor... so ironic!

Wah! @agaga, you are made of water!!! thats a lot of weight to lose. If i lose that just by perspiring, i definitely won't mind. :)

Congrats to both @zeropanda and @lervia.

The rest of us are still in the waiting game. Mostly experiencing back aches and aching feets, jia you mommies.. it will soon be our turn! i'm trying to get hospi leave too so that i can work from home.

Yes agreed. Weather not very kind in sept. I can bathe 3x a day. Hopefully the weather will be nicer come tomorrow ie Oct! Yeah!
Thank u!

Congrats ! Lervia..u really power ! Admitted at 9 cm dilated! When I was 9 cm dilated , I can't even breathe lol

Hi all~ i jus delivered my princess @ 0228 @ Mt A. Weigh 3.385kg~ natural without epidural cos was dilated 9cm when i admitted

Congrats!! How come you admit yourself in so late! Your contractions not so strong is it?
Haha good job!!

Hi guys, made a list so that we can easily refer to and track down together. Sorry if I missed out on anyone, for any errors, any missing info (EDD dates), or for even tagging those who are no longer active. Would appreciate if u can reply me to correct the errors or reply me so that I can include u in this list. Will constantly edit & update this post. I hope this will benefit all of us! =)

@mama_joanne EDD 15 OCT / POPPED ON 9 SEP AT 34 WEEKS

@Tiffanytei EDD 15 OCT / POPPED ON 16 SEP AT 37 WEEKS

@shaine POPPED ON 17 SEP AT 37 WEEKS

@TiongCL EDD 5 OCT / POPPED ON 18 SEP AT 37 WEEKS

@Rhonna EDD 2 OCT / POPPED ON 21 SEP AT 35-36 WEEKS

@agaga POPPED ON 21 SEP AT 38 WEEKS 4 DAYS

@angel_loi EDD 2 OCT / POPPED ON 21 SEP AT 38 WEEKS 4 DAYS

@BunnyHorse EDD 8 OCT / POPPED ON 21 SEP AT 37 WEEKS

@lala POPPED ON 25 SEP AT 37 WEEKS

@zeropanda EDD 17 OCT / POPPED ON 27 SEP AT 37 WEEKS

@dreamz86 EDD 11 OCT / POPPED ON 27 SEP AT 38 WEEKS

@lervia EDD 4 OCT / POPPED ON 30 SEP AT 39 WEEKS 3
DAYS

@kitty_kitty EDD 21 OCT / POPPED ON 5 OCT AT 37 WEEKS

@littlefish866 EDD 7 OCT / POPPED ON 6 OCT AT 40 WEEKS

@silentlove EDD 17 OCT / POPPED ON 8 OCT

@livy EDD 28 OCT / POPPED ON 8 OCT AT 37 WEEKS

@Vivien Kei EDD 4 OCT

@hpng88 EDD 7 OCT

@littlefish866 EDD 7 OCT

@blurblur_mtb EDD 9 OCT

@dreamz86 EDD 11 OCT

@ah_mei_08 EDD 14 OCT

@verine22 EDD 14 OCT

@twentyseven EDD 15 OCT

@trinityyy EDD 18 OCT

@yaozi EDD 19 OCT

@hanachiaki EDD 21 OCT

@twinkle5tars EDD 21 OCT

@happymom2510 EDD 24 OCT

@littledevil8281 EDD 24 OCT

@beac EDD 24 OCT

@purple_luv EDD 25 OCT

@belleryn EDD 25 OCT

@popie EDD 26 OCT

@Vivian88 EDD 26 OCT

@livy EDD 28 OCT

@yvonne3631 EDD 28 OCT

@leoclub EDD 28 OCT

@shabsrina EDD 28 OCT

@nanadeedadee EDD 29 OCT

@Baobei2014 EDD 29 OCT

@shaztan EDD 30 OCT

@veline EDD 30 OCT

@littlepeanut EDD 31 OCT

@gg_nyssa EDD 7 NOV

Last edited:
seriously i am new mom have no idea how labour pain feels like or even how to push!
i have a gynae appt tomorrow..going for another Fetal assessment to get 2nd opinion to check if i really have low placenta...
gynae say if it is low, then must go for C sect.. pray hard it is ok for normal delivery.... sigh..

is there any saying that C sect must do at an earlier date than EDD?

caught a cold last friday, still recovering as i am not taking any medicine at all. to be 100% safe and let it recover naturally..

Just to check , for bb with jaundice , do they sleep more than usual ?
My girl jaundice level at 12.4 , dr says ok. No need to admit , but I find her so sleepy today. How to wake her up for milk ?
She can't finish her usual portion.

@happymom

When u r fully dilated and bb ready to come, u will have the urge to push. The urge will come naturally. U have the want to pass motion feeling.

C-section is usually done at week 38 if I m not wrong

Back