(2014/05) May 2014

I also take for granted previously until this pregnancy. Yup, expressing milk for him because I read online that bm will be better for his intestine. He suffered 2 episodes of NEC (to put it in simple terms, bacteria normally found in the intestine turn bad bacteria and damage the wall of the intestinal tissues). He has a severe case of NEC where perforation (hole) in intestine. He did an emergency op when he's 6 day old and second op will be to seal up the first hole, check condition of second hole whether heal itself/need mending/need removal of a segment of intestine.

Jia you!! U r one brave mummy!

Mummies... R ur LO more awake at night? My bb is so awake at night! Morning have to take care of elder one so cannot really rest.... My confinement lady just left.... I'm so scared I can't cope with the baby! :(

I can't seem to clear blockage on my nipples, or isit I didn't pump long enough? I'm using freestyle and 15mins each pumping session. My nipples got so sensitive n painful that I had to use level 2 now instead of previous level 4.

Can try massage? My Jamu masseur always massage my breasts for me. She helps to clear ducts etc. after her massages, my milk will always flow better.

hello mummies! i'm currently 38w+2d now & i just came back from check up. i'm 2cm dilated and bb's est weight is 3.4kg. any idea how soon i could be in labor? ive been having mild contractions but so far no signs yet :( cant wait to push my baby out alrdy im feeling so sore!!

Btw I need advise from mummies who r bf-ing, after I pump my breast still feels heavy and warm. I can't seem to empty my breast! So far the most I got was dis morning. 90ml from each sides.

And those who already held their full month can u share which caterer u took?

As for cakes, do we need to give out the cakes exactly on the day we celebrating full mth? How about giving to our office ?
I use hand to massage during and hand express after pumping. Also use high speed first then low speed then alternate again on the pump.

I used mums kitchen. Food is so good. Until not enough...

I dunno about cakes never give....

Btw I need advise from mummies who r bf-ing, after I pump my breast still feels heavy and warm. I can't seem to empty my breast! So far the most I got was dis morning. 90ml from each sides.

As for cakes, do we need to give out the cakes exactly on the day we celebrating full mth? How about giving to our office ?

Someone posted on FB before. http://newborns.stanford.edu/Breastfeeding/MaxProduction.html

I used good luck kitchen.. Not halal though. I gave out the cakes on the actual and both offices (mine and hubby) on the next day.

@mummy_baby2008
Just realised I missed out about the cake question. Last time I ordered sweetest moments premium type package, gave a couple of boxes to my dept for them to share, I didn't held full month so I went on actual day to give out.

I can't seem to clear blockage on my nipples, or isit I didn't pump long enough? I'm using freestyle and 15mins each pumping session. My nipples got so sensitive n painful that I had to use level 2 now instead of previous level 4.

Im also using freestyle... pumps will never be fully able to empty our breasts like direct latching. But I am fully expressing mom so I have to be diligent with massaging my breasts before pump. Try this it works for me.
1. Massage to soften breasts a bit before starting pump.
2. Pump for 20 mins.
3. Rest and massage breasts for 10mins. If u feel any lumps, must use hard pressure to massage it loose. Can hold your breasts and shake to soften it too. The LC at hospital did that for me.
4. Pump for another 10 mins.
5. Massage and hand express out any last drops.

Mummies... R ur LO more awake at night? My bb is so awake at night! Morning have to take care of elder one so cannot really rest.... My confinement lady just left.... I'm so scared I can't cope with the baby! :(

Yes my LO went through this phase but they will tweak their hours back again by being more awake during the day.

Tdy my boy slp alot more end up nw kp cry.he only wants water again.jie jie kelian smx he cry so loud at nite she cant slp well end up nw she alrdy abit panda

Aiyo, wat do u all eat for breakfast? I eat milo biscuit until damn sian already.. Wondering if can eat cake n bread?

I will eat half boil egg. I have also eaten cakes and bread which is those white/wholemeal one spread w cheese, butter, jam, peanut butter etc.

Then i will drink milo o kosong or cereal or oats... And of cos a bottle of EOC to keep me alive!

I used chilli padi the 2nd time - once for #2 birthday n this time for full month. Guest all say food is good. I think got another mummy here who took from them too. Food portion generally ok...

As for cakes i distribute aft full month when confinement is over. Will buy to distribute in office... ;)

@rainbowzstarz
Starting will be more difficult, it will be better when baby is older. When my baby comes home, I will have 3 to take care of (the older kids are 2 and 5). I cut vegetables the previous night so preparations for lunch will be faster, usually less than 30 mins done. I cook easy dishes like steam fish/meat, boil soup and fry vegetables. My 2 years old used to cry a lot when he's a baby, I used carrier (I'm hopeless when comes to sling) whenever I go (at home!) so I have free hands to do other stuffs. I still don't have a easy life now though he's 2 but we got used in doing house chores together. Don't have a choice because he wakes up really early, latest by 7.30am and he only naps an hr once a day. When I am in the kitchen he will pull a chair and stand nearby to look what I'm doing, when I sweep/mop he will sit on the sofa and wait for the floor to be dry, when I bath he will be in the room playing with the drawers or some other things that catch his attention, when I want to hang clothes he will take the clothes out from the washer (mine is front load). My 5 years old only go half day school so by afternoon the house will be filled with quarrelling, shouting and crying. Maybe I'm numb already so most of the time those sounds are white noise to me, haha!

Edit: I forgot about breakfast, haha! I eat easy to prepare breakfast too like bread/bao with a drink or cereal with milk.

I will. :) Mine born at 30 weeks, 10 weeks early and been in hospital for more than 2 months already. Really looking forward to hold him in my arms, never did that since birth because he's in incubator with drips.
I hope no more new problems popping up, now we are waiting for his weight to get to 3kg then do a few operations at one go. After that will be monitoring for his intestines to function properly before discharge. He should be going for op in 2-3 weeks' time, now 2.3kg.

Twinle stars-wow!!! Salute you!!!! When my girl at home during weekends, I almost went bonkers!!!! need to learn from you..

I truly wish all the best for your youngest child.. do take care of yourself too...
Tdy my boy slp alot more end up nw kp cry.he only wants water again.jie jie kelian smx he cry so loud at nite she cant slp well end up nw she alrdy abit panda
My #1 also like panda.. she cannot sleep well too after didi came home...

Mayb u got engorgement n possibly blocked ducts...

Try a combination of these:
1. Take a warm shower. Direct as hot water as u can take on bobbies.
2. Drink a hot drink
3. Get ready hot towels to put on yr breast prior to pumping
4. Do breast massage before pumping at the end of massage rem to use two fingers like chopstick to hold nipple n massage the aerola then pull outwards to "extract sm milk... This will help in the let down.
5. As u express using the pump, try breast compression... Hold beeast using c hold- thumb on top part of breast then push down towards nipple...
6. Check your pump parts to make sure assembly is ok n u can feel the suction comfortably... Pump only 20 mins max on each side.
7. Relax while pumping. Think of yr LO. And imagine yr breastmilk flowing out endlessly n smoothly like waterfall. ;)

If u finished wait till the next pump time. Cos if u pump again bw 2 pump times, its called power pump n will land up w more milk n complicate yr already engorged breast...

Reactions: FFT
I will eat half boil egg. I have also eaten cakes and bread which is those white/wholemeal one spread w cheese, butter, jam, peanut butter etc.

Then i will drink milo o kosong or cereal or oats... And of cos a bottle of EOC to keep me alive!
My CL say mus hard boil egg.1st preg CL giv me half boil egg.
Massage lady say if wound havn heal then dun tak eggs or chicken skin..
Gt.many difnt sayings

I also used chili padi 2 nd time. Food is gd but portion is big. We ordered 35 portions for 45 guests ended up still got excess.

No cakes, mil prepare Ang ku Kueh n red eggs for relatives. Nothing for frens. Didn't invite Colleagues who gave $ contribution, I just gave them personalized gifts with mini jam n honey jars.

Do u wipe n change clothes each time baby spit up milk in middle of nite? I'll do for day time but at nite Tiring sia.

Do u wipe n change clothes each time baby spit up milk in middle of nite? I'll do for day time but at nite Tiring sia.

At night I will just take my DD clean hanky and put it under the wet area (inside the clothes) so that the wet area will not touch the bb skin....

I dun. . Cos dun wanna disturb his sleep as well as my sleep. So I will just make sure the area is dry.. but if it's a lot than really no choice will change

Twinle stars-wow!!! Salute you!!!! When my girl at home during weekends, I almost went bonkers!!!! need to learn from you..

I truly wish all the best for your youngest child.. do take care of yourself too...

My #1 also like panda.. she cannot sleep well too after didi came home...

Some house chores if not urgent just close one eye and do it another day or later, sometimes I will just vacuum the floor and mop another day. Also if you can, get them to do it with you. I realise they really enjoy helping out but they might be quite slow in doing, hehe.

I will change, last time my 2 year old has shallow stomach so he spit quite often so we always had to change clothings all the time. As for the bed, we put waterproof protector on top of it so only need to change the protector instead of everything.

Is cheese and Nutella a good combination??

Yes! but i put with peanut butter. Take more cheese good for ur own health cos of the calcium.

for breakfast, I usu eat bread or cakes (but must cut down if u r bf ing). If not steam some man tou using the rice cooker. Anyway after the whole nite of pumping n feeding, I oso no appetite to eat breakfast at 5 or 6 am in the morning le. Jus wan to zzzz.

For mummies expressing exclusive ly, may I know how u all manage when u go out (eg shopping)? U lag ur breast pump out n pump in nursery room? Feed ur bb with fm for tt 1 or 2 feeds during ur stay outside?

For mummies expressing exclusive ly, may I know how u all manage when u go out (eg shopping)? U lag ur breast pump out n pump in nursery room? Feed ur bb with fm for tt 1 or 2 feeds during ur stay outside?
I usually try to go out for max 3 to 4 hours. Pump before leaving house. Get someone to feed baby before leaving house. Bring chilled ebm in cooler bag and fresh ebm depending on how long u are staying out. Choose places eg restaurant or cafes that will give you hot water or malls that have nursing rooms with hot water. For insurance bring those thermal hot water bottle, I use the avent one as last resort if no hot water available to warm chilled milk. If more than 4 hours better to bring pump along.

This is my first time expressing exclusively, so far I only go nearby and usually back latest by 4hr to pump. I go out right after I pump so I won't need to rush back so quickly. I can't bring pump out unless I can find plug to use, my pump cannot use batteries to operate.

This is my first time expressing exclusively, so far I only go nearby and usually back latest by 4hr to pump. I go out right after I pump so I won't need to rush back so quickly. I can't bring pump out unless I can find plug to use, my pump cannot use batteries to operate.

I haven explore the nursery in shopping malls yet but I was uder the impression tt they have electric plugs inside.

I was still thinking of going out for extended hours. It seem like the max is 4 hrs otherwise I will have to bring a lot of barangs out lem

Super zzzzz....my baby so naughty tdy.dun sleep or slp awhile only.ystd was gd until evening....ystd hav 10mins power nap is a blessing.tdy sad nt even 5min...zzzz

I haven explore the nursery in shopping malls yet but I was uder the impression tt they have electric plugs inside.

I was still thinking of going out for extended hours. It seem like the max is 4 hrs otherwise I will have to bring a lot of barangs out lem

I never really take notice of which shopping malls have it because last time I latch on, I know some have it like Shaw House, saw it in the nursery room last time. I don't think Taka nursing room has it because the bf room is shared by all bf mummies (need to confirm by others), open concept. Even it has, I don't think I can pump so openly. Hahaha..

I limit my outings at the moment to 3-4 hours so that I don't need to.bring my pump out. I have chilled ebm so baby drinks that at home. If baby is going out with me, is try to time so that baby only needs one feed outside. Depending on timing, she will drink my freshly pumped bm (which can keep for 4 hours at room temp) or I will bring out one feed for her and warm up outside.

I never really take notice of which shopping malls have it because last time I latch on, I know some have it like Shaw House, saw it in the nursery room last time. I don't think Taka nursing room has it because the bf room is shared by all bf mummies (need to confirm by others), open concept. Even it has, I don't think I can pump so openly. Hahaha..
Taka renovated so now there are individual nursing rooms. Not sure about the power point tho.

U mummies go out ady? It has been 28 days i didnt step out from my hse..2moro is my bb's full month..ll bring her to shave her hair n walk around in shopping mall but wonder if i can follow or not as not yet 30 days..

Taka renovated so now there are individual nursing rooms. Not sure about the power point tho.

That's good news! The last time I went in I was horrified to see so many people inside and they were not bfing in the room, just sitting there with baby. Lucky I always use nursing cover so still okay but one thing I hate was the room used curtain door, people from outside can see inside if they want to.

U mummies go out ady? It has been 28 days i didnt step out from my hse..2moro is my bb's full month..ll bring her to shave her hair n walk around in shopping mall but wonder if i can follow or not as not yet 30 days..

I went out during my confinement, not shopping but hospital. I went there for more than 10 times and sometimes stayed for few hours before going back. Couldn't go other places because I had c-sec and walking very slowly (never used binder, not enough time to buy one before delivery), I think i walked as slow as tortoise then because if i walk slightly faster, my inside hurts so I don't bother to go anywhere. I think there are a few mummies here went out during confinement too, without baby.

I think it will be better not to bring baby out for too long, scare over stimulated and you will have a hard time handling baby in the night. And if you are going alone, you have to bring diaper bag and carrier/stroller.

my LO has been home almost 2 months without going out except to see PD. I very paranoid about him catching bugs from outside. Plus the thought of having to pack diaper bag just to bring him out also damn xien.

Actually singapore's nursing rooms IMO are very good already. In Shanghai, not all malls have nursing rooms. Sometimes we nurse inside restaurants, sometimes we just find a bench and sit down and nurse with a nursing cover. Or inside the car.

Super zzzzz....my baby so naughty tdy.dun sleep or slp awhile only.ystd was gd until evening....ystd hav 10mins power nap is a blessing.tdy sad nt even 5min...zzzz

Is it the weather too hot for him already? I myself already trying to keep my sane le. Weather too hot n stuffy today esp our area. Dunno y like no wind n the contractors painting outside with the paint smell makes things worse.
My bb oso like tt keep fussing until I bth turn on the aircon then he go off to lala land in less than 10 mins.

Actually singapore's nursing rooms IMO are very good already. In Shanghai, not all malls have nursing rooms. Sometimes we nurse inside restaurants, sometimes we just find a bench and sit down and nurse with a nursing cover. Or inside the car.

Actually I used to nurse everywhere with a nursing cover but quite difficult to carry and nurse at the same time when baby is older and heavier. Not easy to find empty bench in shopping mall, most of the time they are all occupy so if want to sit down while nursing I will have to go either nursing room or restaurant/fast food. I only go to the latter if I want to eat or drink, paiseh to sit without ordering.

Actually I used to nurse everywhere with a nursing cover but quite difficult to carry and nurse at the same time when baby is older and heavier. Not easy to find empty bench in shopping mall, most of the time they are all occupy so if want to sit down while nursing I will have to go either nursing room or restaurant/fast food. I only go to the latter if I want to eat or drink, paiseh to sit without ordering.
I agree with you. When they get older, harder and heavier to carry and latch. And my LO now, scream when he's hungry and when he has gas.

I very scared to bring him to nursing room coz I scared he'll scare the other babies around. He's the kind when hungry very hard to pacify him one.

Contemplating...but I haven gone out yet except to see pd n gynae. But the tot of bringing so many things out with the bb turns me off. Oso the germs tt r outside since his immune system not fully developed yet.

I wen do confinemt alrdy go out.wen c gynae for infection.visits to pds...n go dwnstsirs supermarket

Monday aft go polyclinic. We wen mall for starbucks sit an hr.lucky baby was sleeping so all the way he in stroller covered up

Is it the weather too hot for him already? I myself already trying to keep my sane le. Weather too hot n stuffy today esp our area. Dunno y like no wind n the contractors painting outside with the paint smell makes things worse.
My bb oso like tt keep fussing until I bth turn on the aircon then he go off to lala land in less than 10 mins.
Dunno him sia.tdy mayb havn poo so.fussy.but last nite i dunno.day x.he was gd. He sweats lot so fan is alwys aiming at him

Back