(2014/05) May 2014

I am most likely going to choose Josiah as my baby's name, although I never fancied 'J' names as feel too common these days... But somehow, this name came to me suddenly after praying last week..... Despite being blank on boys name all the while.

I actually already had a girl's name prepared.... Thought too bad I don't get to use it :(

Love Tiffany for girls.

i also planning to choose Josiah as my boy's name. My family all starts our with Jo, thus quite limited choice. was deciding between jovan n josiah, but seem josiah gotten more votes from my friends lol

hi all

new to forums :oops:

EDD 25-May, first born.
have a gazillion questions about pregnancy and been trawling forums for answers... so finally decided to post my Q. :p

Anyone has confinement nannies to recommend? not particular, but must know how to cook variety of confinement foods, know about breastfeeding, and very collaborative and not authoritative... (very demanding?? o_Oo_Oo_O)

please help! :)

Thanks!

Hihi, I'm BACK after missing so long. Too busy with work n when got time, was resting.just went for checkup.the scar is still there but doc said so long it dun gets bigger, quite safe for bb.quite a long blood clot cut.. 8cm by 2cm.doc cant tell why this is happening n seemed that it is not going to go away.sigh.. but at least now spotting only n bb looks fine from scan. Into my 20 weeks.but gynae said he's only comfortable to say everything is fine after 28weeks.got a feeling he might want to c-sect me earlier to prevent complications.sigh.. dun care so much.. just live by week 1st.
Hehehe... forgot to wish everyone happy 2014 though is 6 days late..

Hihi, I'm BACK after missing so long. Too busy with work n when got time, was resting.just went for checkup.the scar is still there but doc said so long it dun gets bigger, quite safe for bb.quite a long blood clot cut.. 8cm by 2cm.doc cant tell why this is happening n seemed that it is not going to go away.sigh.. but at least now spotting only n bb looks fine from scan. Into my 20 weeks.but gynae said he's only comfortable to say everything is fine after 28weeks.got a feeling he might want to c-sect me earlier to prevent complications.sigh.. dun care so much.. just live by week 1st.

Glad to hear that you're sounding better. Was beginning to wonder how you've been.

i am getting nervous as May draws nearer and nearer. fearful of what is going to happen in the delivery suit. :(

or maybe i think too much liao. o_O

i am getting nervous as May draws nearer and nearer. fearful of what is going to happen in the delivery suit. :(

or maybe i think too much liao. o_O
evrythg will be fine! haha we will be 'slam dunked' by nurses :p

i still remb 2,3 nurses around me pressing me to PUSH PUSH. haha i felt lik a pig then

hi all

new to forums :oops:

EDD 25-May, first born.
have a gazillion questions about pregnancy and been trawling forums for answers... so finally decided to post my Q. :p

Anyone has confinement nannies to recommend? not particular, but must know how to cook variety of confinement foods, know about breastfeeding, and very collaborative and not authoritative... (very demanding?? o_Oo_Oo_O)

please help! :)

Thanks!
Hi,

for confinement ladies, it's best to use one referred by someone you know. There are many stalkers spamming the forum with the ad but I won't use them as a lousy CL can be more harm than help. If you are due in May, the more "popular" CLs might be booked. If you are out of options, I recommend using an agency because at least you are guaranteed an exchange if the CL you provide is not to your satisfaction.

I have also had a friend who was referred to one CL, who was not available and referred her friend instead, her friend turned out to be a disaster so do be careful. Good luck and happy pregnancy! :)

Agreed with jo78 try agency
at lease anything u got 1 - 1 exchange
not worried MIA too
those CL / CN not booked yet are lease popular there are higher chance of MIA and bad experiences

Hello ladies,
New to this chat, edd is 18 May and will be second child. Both girls. =)

Just confirmed my confinement lady today. Quite lucky I guess to still be able to get her.

Hope to be able to share and contribute to this group. We're at half way mark, Jia You everyone!!!

still looking for prenatal pilates near my home (Upper Bukit Timah/Bt Batok area)... anyone joining any prenatal fitness class? I had a go at the KKH aquafitness but gave up as I felt the class was a bit too relaxed and there wasn't much stretching. Also I think I am too tall for the 1.2m hydrotheraoy pool... hahahah

does anyone of u feels like ur tummy is "exploding"? As in i feel my tummy is expanding forward and stretching my tummy skin such tt is feels achy all the time.

does anyone of u feels like ur tummy is "exploding"? As in i feel my tummy is expanding forward and stretching my tummy skin such tt is feels achy all the time.
I don't. But my heartburn is definitely coming back and also start to have reflux. :( Hate this feeling.

Any mummies have bleeding/spotting? Today is the 4th time for me in the past 2 months. It's like very light flow period, fresh blood in the morning but then by afternoon, it is brownish already. Called Gynae cos last time she already prescribed me medicine to take in case happen again and was advised to go into hospital tomorrow if bleeding/spotting continues... I also have slight ache at my lower abdomen. Sigh... Was ordered bed rest.

Any mummies have bleeding/spotting? Today is the 4th time for me in the past 2 months. It's like very light flow period, fresh blood in the morning but then by afternoon, it is brownish already. Called Gynae cos last time she already prescribed me medicine to take in case happen again and was advised to go into hospital tomorrow if bleeding/spotting continues... I also have slight ache at my lower abdomen. Sigh... Was ordered bed rest.

Hi Cookie,

Yes, am experiencing the same as u. I had a twenty cent coin fresh blood bleeding last two week ago with slight abs cramp, and was asked to rest in the hospital for better rest than home. Was given progesterone pills, and I felt better. Went back to work this week, and third day of work, I started to feel slight pain on the side, and felt that I could be bleeding. Saw a brownish gooey (like on the second last day of menses type), and then saw my gynae. Gynae gave me progesterone med and was asked to see him two weeks later.

Just stay positive. It's a gift from God and the baby will be fine, so long we have consulted the doc when something's not right, and we do a lot more worrying and caring of our lil one. :) I'm hopeful that my bb will be well, and am now in my 17 weeks. I've heard some mummies bleed throughout the whole pregnancy and bb was still delivered healthily.

Have trust and faith. Any mummies - feel free to share ur experience for hopefuls like us.

Hi Cookie,

Yes, am experiencing the same as u. I had a twenty cent coin fresh blood bleeding last two week ago with slight abs cramp, and was asked to rest in the hospital for better rest than home. Was given progesterone pills, and I felt better. Went back to work this week, and third day of work, I started to feel slight pain on the side, and felt that I could be bleeding. Saw a brownish gooey (like on the second last day of menses type), and then saw my gynae. Gynae gave me progesterone med and was asked to see him two weeks later.

Just stay positive. It's a gift from God and the baby will be fine, so long we have consulted the doc when something's not right, and we do a lot more worrying and caring of our lil one. :) I'm hopeful that my bb will be well, and am now in my 17 weeks. I've heard some mummies bleed throughout the whole pregnancy and bb was still delivered healthily.

Have trust and faith. Any mummies - feel free to share ur experience for hopefuls like us.

Thanks for sharing Babe! Are you still working or resting at home? I am resting at home, later will be seeing doc as I experienced very bad pain last night. I still feel baby's movements but want to make sure that all is ok.

It's great that you are so positive, great encouragement for me!

Hi mummies, decided to join this forum to chit chat with you all! ;) helloo all! This pregnancy is my #3 and my EDD is 9 may 2014. Join late cos I knew my pregnancy quite late this round...

Thanks for sharing Babe! Are you still working or resting at home? I am resting at home, later will be seeing doc as I experienced very bad pain last night. I still feel baby's movements but want to make sure that all is ok.

It's great that you are so positive, great encouragement for me!

Hi gal, your gynae mentioned anything about why there is spotting? I know mummies with low placenta who bleed thru their pregnancies. But some of them have their placentas move up as the pregnancy progress. Jia you! Rest more!

Hi BabeME and cookiefleur, make sure you do not overexert yourself. If got cramps/pains, always go back to gynae. Me too had been spotting since start of 2nd trim. Almost 2 months liao.. doc at most prescribed hormone pills. Take care.

Hello snowy and nin,

Thanks for the concern... Could not manage to get appointment today, so will go tomorrow. Hopefully everything is fine. Doc did not mention placenta previa to me, although I had it in my first pregnancy.

Nin, are you working? I am conflicted cos I am not sure whether I should ask doc for medical leave to rest at home or if I should go back to work. My work place can be quite stressful at times so I am a bit worried...

hi cookiefleur,
Think better to bed rest at home. My boss said his wife also encountered spotting and bleeding before. But she recovered after bed rest for long period.
Should get MC from the doc i think.
Rest well and wish you have a smooth pregnancy and delivery :)

Hello snowy and nin,

Thanks for the concern... Could not manage to get appointment today, so will go tomorrow. Hopefully everything is fine. Doc did not mention placenta previa to me, although I had it in my first pregnancy.

Nin, are you working? I am conflicted cos I am not sure whether I should ask doc for medical leave to rest at home or if I should go back to work. My work place can be quite stressful at times so I am a bit worried...

Cookiefleur, can get mc or "hospital leave" from the gynae to rest at home. No good if you get stress at work & then the spotting starts all over. My spotting for #1 & 2 were during 1st trimester and the doc gave me duphaston too (the ang moh 安胎药). Try not to strain yourself by carrying heavy stuff or doing housework. I try not to carry my #2 (feel bad cos she is only a year old)- but i do get cramps if i carry her for extended period of time.

Hi new mommies who joined ... happy to see more 'members'.

Hi little_lamb, so happy that sg motherhood finally have an iphone app which i can use to read & access the forum! So much easier to read n reply! Using it now and so loving it.

Actually I am happy that the page here is still buzzing with activity despite joining so late.

Out of curiosity, any of you going to take maternity shoot? I took for #2 and wondering if i should again...

The doctor didn't say what's the reason of the spotting or the bleeding. He said the US can't tell. Yeap, u're right no over exertion like carrying heavy things; which may aggravate the wound that causes the bleeding. Cookie- it'll be good to get ur gynae to write a medical condition letter to your boss so that your boss will understand that at this stage- where u have threatened miscarriage, workload should be reduced. Try to negotiate with ur boss if u can work from home. It's only at this juncture u'll know if spending time and sweat in ur company is worth it. If they don't care, jus close the door after u give birth. No point.

u nd to rest. during the early stage i had spotting too cos i exert myslf etc. bed rest for nearly a mth

Hi little_lamb, so happy that sg motherhood finally have an iphone app which i can use to read & access the forum! So much easier to read n reply! Using it now and so loving it.

Actually I am happy that the page here is still buzzing with activity despite joining so late.

have app? Really? I was starting to feel sad that most moms have migrated to FB. my #1 forum thread used to be so active and so much chatting.

have app? Really? I was starting to feel sad that most moms have migrated to FB. my #1 forum thread used to be so active and so much chatting.

Yes yes! Go and download! Its free and easy to use on my iphone. At least the text appears in the phone screen n i dont need to twist n turn or scroll left n right to read. Go download!

Yah i am actually quite upset cos my jan 2013 thread also quite dead cos most moved to facebook. Still prefer to chat in the forum. ;)

Here is the link for iphone- https://itunes.apple.com/sg/app/singaporemotherhood-forum/id730083070?mt=8

And the link for android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tapatalk.singaporemotherhoodcomforum

:( headache hauting me again. had food contamination too.on mc.. poor boy has to take medicine wit me again

Rainbowzstarz, I also food poisoning during xmas eve! The feeling was horrible to say the least and i was feeling bleah on xmas day and the next... The wrenching of the food and liquid from inside is really horrid so i really admire how the other mummies can tahan MS thru their first trimsters.

Hope you and your boy get well soon! Btw i think headache is common during pregnancy. I get it quite often- often due to the hormones!

Back