(2014/03) March 2014

Hi Mummies,
We are 4 shopaholic mummies who have started Mamaholic, where we will spree items tried and tested by ourselves, or stuff we want on our wish list - all because we love shopping, want the BEST stuff for our precious bubs, and at a good price! Do visit our page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mamaholic/715236545158335?ref=ts&fref=ts
Current spree going on are the much loved AllyZabba blankets and Manduca carriers!
We welcome any feedback and comments on items on your wish list, so that we can know what to look out for next! Cheers!

Hi March Mummies

Has anyone done hypnobirthing before or is planning to? Can share experience please?
I am a first time MTB and after considering the options of giving birth, I am quite keen on doing hypnobirthing.
However, I would like to understand more and prepare myself better on this option if I do choose to hypnobirth my baby. Thanks

Hi my fb email is hacked thus unable to be go in n accept request. Is it possible to tell me the name of the fb group so tt i can join in as well? Thanks in advance!

Hi all, would love to join this thread as I am due with #2 next April
EDD: 10 Apr 2014
Baby: #2
Gynae: Dr. Tan HH
Hospital: KKH

Got a Oscar scan coming up next week, as my no 1 is preemie so i think no 2 will be early too so should fall in Mar.
Can add me to the fb group? my email add is [email protected]
Thanks a lot.

Hi Joellejo, congrats! I have the same doctors as u. My EDD is mid-Mar, but dr. said probably early Mar will due. This is my first. Going to have my detail check end of Oct, which is wk 20 by that time. Maybe can know the gender already.

Hi guys,

I am a first time mum :) and very new in this forum. My baby will be due on 26 march, anyone having the same edd date too?? Tomorrow will be my first gyne check after 16 weeks. Hopefully I can see the baby gender by then :).

Have a great pregnancy everyone!!

Hi guys,

I am a first time mum :) and very new in this forum. My baby will be due on 26 march, anyone having the same edd date too?? Tomorrow will be my first gyne check after 16 weeks. Hopefully I can see the baby gender by then :).

Have a great pregnancy everyone!!
HI.. MY EDD IS 24 March 2014.. very near!! Congrats!!! mine will be this coming friday for my check up... hope to know my baby gender and shop for clothes!! :)

BTW there is GAP sale at Isetan Orchard!! Baby to adult.. as low as 6 Dollar.. after 70% discount.

raine79: yah i heard about the beitou hot springs but can't visit.... i think they dun allow pregnant ladies to go for hot spring in case u faint. wow.... korea in dec.... seems like a long way from now till then, can't imagine being 26wks preg.

my hubby is getting tired of me asking him if i look fat. when he says no, i say 'but i FEEL fat cos my clothes are all getting tight, v uncomf to wear'. i think he wants to faint soon. haha.

snow_ice, the hotel in Beitou I went has got a hot spring pool withing the room. So I didnt go the public one.. Ya and i think maybe preggy they dont alot.
Hahaha ya.. Now we starting to buy all the winter clothings and am looking for winter leggings for maternity.. cos I can wear my hub's top but the bottom is a problem....

snow_ice, tw is good! i love the food there... yum yum~

raine79, dec is v cold... i cant take too cold so choose to go during autumn. as for hot spring, i doubt we can go for that right... i heard its not good for the bb...

Jelly bean... i think we need to bring alot of warm wear to Korea.. I cant imagine the cold.. lol.. when we booked the trip I wasnt preggy yet :)
But hub is confident that we can enjoy..

hi everyone, I am new here... I am preggie for 19 weeks already. I have a question to ask... I have had a bad constipation, hardly goes to toilet for "Big" Business. Sometimes, I can don't pass out anything for 5-6 days. When I enter toilet, I know there is something that is going to come out, but when I try to force it out, it just couldn't come out. Sometimes, I can pass out until blood occurs. Hence I have been drinking Yogurt drink and Prune juice hoping to ease the constipation, but so far still as bad. And now my stomach is so bloated and hard and i hardly can consume much intake of food and even plain water. Each time i drink much water, i will visit the toilet to puke. Eating too much (especially rice) will also makes me puke. Visited my gynae and my GP, they just told me to eat less but more times and drink lots of water. But I told them, i hardly can consume water because I will visit toilet to puke very often after drinking much water. Has anyone has such experience and whether it is normal during pregnancy period?

Hi,

Please add me on fb as i hardly check this forum. My fb email is [email protected]

EDD: 12 Mar 2014
Baby: #2
Gynae: Dr.Benjamin Tham
Hospital: TMC

Hi All

I'm a new mummy too! Sweetsnow, we have the same doc and around the same EDD!! Haha, maybe we will get to be roomie if you are taking the twin room.

EDD: 14 Mar 2014
Baby: #1

I haven't gotten anything for the bb yet and I'm getting quite anxious. Has any of the mummies got ur breast pump yet? Am thinking of buying the Madalay one from the US website. Anyone else interested?

Please add me on facebook: [email protected]

hi everyone, I am new here... I am preggie for 19 weeks already. I have a question to ask... I have had a bad constipation, hardly goes to toilet for "Big" Business. Sometimes, I can don't pass out anything for 5-6 days. When I enter toilet, I know there is something that is going to come out, but when I try to force it out, it just couldn't come out. Sometimes, I can pass out until blood occurs. Hence I have been drinking Yogurt drink and Prune juice hoping to ease the constipation, but so far still as bad. And now my stomach is so bloated and hard and i hardly can consume much intake of food and even plain water. Each time i drink much water, i will visit the toilet to puke. Eating too much (especially rice) will also makes me puke. Visited my gynae and my GP, they just told me to eat less but more times and drink lots of water. But I told them, i hardly can consume water because I will visit toilet to puke very often after drinking much water. Has anyone has such experience and whether it is normal during pregnancy period?
You can try juicing some green juice before breakfast. It helps on constipation.

Hi All,

I'm a 2014 mummy too. EDD will be early march, but I heard from mummies that EDD would be two weeks earlier or later.
Could either be a Feb Mummy or March Mummy.

EDD: 06 Mar 2014
Gynae: Dr. Loh Foo Hoe
Hospital: Mt. E

FB : [email protected]

Sounds so uncomfortable :( I think prune juice helps. Did you let your gynae know? Maybe she can prescribe you with a stool softener that could help. Try to eat more veg and fruits (hard I know...)

Hi Phyllis76, I face constipation problem too but not as serious as yours. Normally if I don't go for 2 days, I will take fibogel and it helps although still have to use some force.. Try to drink more water, if you find it hard to consume plain water, try to take juices or other kinds of drinks. As for fruits, dragon fruit is good coz the seeds will help you to pass motion.

To the rest of the mummies, how do you know when your baby is moving? I feel a lot of movement but I think is probably wind..

Mamabear85, such a coincident. Will you be trying for natural Or c sec? My 1st one was induced 2days before Edd, dunno if this time will he induced.
I chose a twin room the last time But I'm really not used to used to rooming with someone. :p Hopefully I can get a single room this time.

Hi, I'm week 19+ now, and I can feel bb move already. It's amazing! Initially I didn't notice, until my sis share with me how bb movement like. I can feel bb movement most of the time during morning and evening (before sleep). It's like he/she will poke yr stomach gently, and sometimes like something roll yr inner stomach. Amazing feeling~ Going to have a detail check this coming Sat, think should be able to see bb gender by then.

orangebeauty: wow, ur MS only started in wk10? tats quite late. mine started ard wk6. ha, so u are lucky, u managed to enjoy while i started my MS.

not feeling too well tis 2days. puked twice ytd n had stomach cramps. went to bed quite early ytd w/o packing the dining table. hapi tat i managed to cook dinner ytd, but ended up hubby had to pack the dining table n do the dishes. gd hubby! :)

woke up w a headache tis morning n still feeling nausea n burpish till now. quite an uncomf feeling, though it is better than puking. pray tat all tis will go away super soon.

i wonder if 2nd time MTBs have an 'easier' pregnancy cos they know wat to expect. for me, its my 1st bb too, struggling w the body changes n not sure wat more will come. i can feel stronger w more energy 1day, then next day feel sick, v confusing n frustrating at times.....

Hi Snow Ice, I think we have the same symptoms of MS. I also started MS ard week 6 and during MS i feel sooo drained, lethargic and flat out. Was frequently burping loudly and feeling gasy. Puked as and when too and became a lil depressed cos of I wasn't feeling myself at all. 2nd trimester seems to be better altho occasionally the symptoms return. It should get better so jia you wo!

Hi MTBs! congrats to all with our growing beanies inside!

i am expecting my first :)
EDD: at first 25 March 2014 then 21 march 2014 then 19 March 2014 then the last on 28/9 is 15 March 2014. is it normal to keep changing EDD? haha
Gynae: Dr. Paul Tseng
Hospital: Mt A

if there's a fb group, please add me too! [email protected]

is there anyone signing up for any childbirth education course?

Hi Zhumei
My EDD also changed but it's pushed back later, early Apr. Im seeing the same gynae as you, Dr Paul Tseng but I thot he only delivers at TMC. I didn't know he delivers at Mt A. He's the cool and modern kinda gynae don't you think? Very calm and composed during all the visits and seems liberal too.. He told me it's ok to go for massages and ok to take tea/ coffee (altho in moderation) and no restrictions on food. I feel comfy with him.

We are also looking for pre-natal classes but shd be signing up in Nov. Nurse told us attend too early will forget the content.

Dear mummies to be,

I am starting to look at bedding for my new born but I have a small room to work with. Any good ideas to share?

Sounds so uncomfortable :( I think prune juice helps. Did you let your gynae know? Maybe she can prescribe you with a stool softener that could help. Try to eat more veg and fruits (hard I know...)

Thanks.. I did try to take some qty of prune juice everyday now.. it gets better after that.. sometimes, 2 days once sometimes 3 days once and very happy if I go everyday. thanks for your advise. I will try to continue and monitor the progress... appreciate all those who has left advises for me.

Phyllis76, i also encounter very bad constipation sometimes. My tummy will feel so bloated until feel like exploding. And my stools are so hard until got blood loh... Yakult/Vitagen doesn't work on me. Prune juice works sometimes. I told my gynae about my constipation, then he prescribe me some sweet syrup thing which is suppose to help in passing motion . He asked me to eat my multi vitamin pills on alternate days instead of daily if i feel heaty and consipated.

Phyllis76, i also encounter very bad constipation sometimes. My tummy will feel so bloated until feel like exploding. And my stools are so hard until got blood loh... Yakult/Vitagen doesn't work on me. Prune juice works sometimes. I told my gynae about my constipation, then he prescribe me some sweet syrup thing which is suppose to help in passing motion . He asked me to eat my multi vitamin pills on alternate days instead of daily if i feel heaty and consipated.

Gynae gave me a liquiid medication to drink to help with this!

Yakult and Vitagen very high in sugar, drink with care k!

Hi All

I'm a new mummy too! Sweetsnow, we have the same doc and around the same EDD!! Haha, maybe we will get to be roomie if you are taking the twin room.

EDD: 14 Mar 2014

I haven't gotten anything for the bb yet and I'm getting quite anxious. Has any of the mummies got ur breast pump yet? Am thinking of buying the Madalay one from the US website. Anyone else interested?

Please add me on facebook: [email protected]

Hey!! I am also with Dr Tham! :)

Who is the administrator of the fb grp? Can add me too? :)

Ya ya.. me too.. bad constipation and my stomach also bloated until I can feel my skin so so so tight until wanna to tear apart.. I have told my Gynae about the constipation and all I was told was to drink more water and eat less and many meals... wah.. I sometimes feel like crying especially those days I over eat. The funny thing about eating is that when I eat, I sometimes don't feel it's a lot (unless I consciously remind myself), but once I return back to my office or house.. the stomach becomes so bloated and tight.. Now I am on Prune Juice and it helps abit though.. I am monitoring.. I will ask my gynae again in my next visit.

Gynae gave me a liquiid medication to drink to help with this!

Yakult and Vitagen very high in sugar, drink with care k!

Ya ya.. true.. very high in sugar.. I try to control it by drinking only when I feel extremely bloated and feeling indigested / heartburn.

Hi All, hope everyone is having a smooth pregnancy... :) I am expecting my second one, edd 7 Mar. Gynae said may be a girl. Looking at names now, so hard to find.. Anyone started looking yet?

Anyone has joined spree from this forum to ship lightweight but bulky items before? Pls share your experience... I want to buy stuff from amazon but worried that the int'l shipping will be super high. Whose spree did u join, for which store and how much was the intl shipping cost? If u don't mind pls share the item bought also.. I m thinking to get the brest friend nursing pillow, but it's so big lor hehehehe.

Dear fb group admin, any chance to make the group discoverable? So that the March Mummies can join without bugging u to add us.. Thanks so much! :)

Arielger, my edd is 9 mar. Quite near.

Those who r taking yakult or vitagen, maybe try to take yogurt instead?

I m finding it harder to sleep well at night now. Gynae advised to sleep on sides but I m not used to it. Always end up waking up in a few hours time n numb arms.

To rest of the mummies, where do u buy ur maternity clothes? I m starting to look at qoo10 coz they looks so much nicer than the shops here.

Sensech, i got some from mummysecret online shop last time.. Reasonable price but sizing was quite hit n miss, end up giving away some to my friends. Is qoo10 quality ok?

Hi, my edd is 7th March 2014.. 1st baby birth. I have not started thinking of the name yet as well. Don't know where and how to start off with. Moreover, I don't know the gender yet. Have to wait till my detail scan which is upcoming on next Monday. Hopefully, baby is in good position to be able to scan the gender.. and most importantly that he/she is healthy..

Arielger, my edd is 9 mar. Quite near.

Those who r taking yakult or vitagen, maybe try to take yogurt instead?

I m finding it harder to sleep well at night now. Gynae advised to sleep on sides but I m not used to it. Always end up waking up in a few hours time n numb arms.

To rest of the mummies, where do u buy ur maternity clothes? I m starting to look at qoo10 coz they looks so much nicer than the shops here.

I am taking the Marigold Yogurt Drink instead. Because I don't like the creamy feeling, so I find alternatives to replace the calcium that I need.

I don't know if it is psychological or not, sleeping on the left side makes me sleeps better than on the right side. Don't know why. I read on the article that if you are facing difficulty sleep sideways, can put a bolster behind your back when you sleep.. don't know if it works for you or not.

I bought my maternity cloths from "The Maternity House" or "EGG" (which is also know as The Maternity House) at Tampines and another shop at Novena.. I think vivo also has 1 more store.. try google around.. they are having discounts now.. so can try to see the designs..

Ya. Now whenever i sleep i will place a small bolster on my back then i feel more comfortable sleeping. Feels like got more support.

Can I know if I can do manicure and pedicure during pregnancy.. some read-ups says yes.. some say no.. so don't know what to do?? Will it harm the baby with the chemical used for the colourings?

I am taking the Marigold Yogurt Drink instead. Because I don't like the creamy feeling, so I find alternatives to replace the calcium that I need.

I don't know if it is psychological or not, sleeping on the left side makes me sleeps better than on the right side. Don't know why. I read on the article that if you are facing difficulty sleep sideways, can put a bolster behind your back when you sleep.. don't know if it works for you or not.

I bought my maternity cloths from "The Maternity House" or "EGG" (which is also know as The Maternity House) at Tampines and another shop at Novena.. I think vivo also has 1 more store.. try google around.. they are having discounts now.. so can try to see the designs..

I think plain yogurt is quite good to replace as calcium, can mix with fresh fruit so it won't taste too sour.
But personally don't recommend drink yogurt drink as it contain high sugar, but once a while should be fine as long as mummy happy.

Hi All, hope everyone is having a smooth pregnancy... :) I am expecting my second one, edd 7 Mar. Gynae said may be a girl. Looking at names now, so hard to find.. Anyone started looking yet?

Anyone has joined spree from this forum to ship lightweight but bulky items before? Pls share your experience... I want to buy stuff from amazon but worried that the int'l shipping will be super high. Whose spree did u join, for which store and how much was the intl shipping cost? If u don't mind pls share the item bought also.. I m thinking to get the brest friend nursing pillow, but it's so big lor hehehehe.

Dear fb group admin, any chance to make the group discoverable? So that the March Mummies can join without bugging u to add us.. Thanks so much! :)

heyo, my colleague ordered thru Amazon some toys and i tag on and bought some bb items and clothings. we ordered those that is free global shipping..arrived 6 days later..very fast and prompt. no need join spree..you can order on yr own or gather a few frens to shop together. HTH

Back