(2014/03) March 2014

orangebeauty, i m also v scare of blood test! i am gg for my oscar test this wed.. hope the nurse at TMC will be gentle to me.. as for tummy itchiness, i dont really feel it.. maybe not yet... i m using Elancyl maternity lotion... i heard its quite good... maybe u can try that. do remember dont just apply on tummy, we should also apply areas like butt & tights...

Hi mommies
Hv u booked ur CL (confinement lady) ? My hubb was quite strict and insist that we can book only after first tri. Hope my fav CL is still avail by then :(

Cld u pls add me to the fb group ? Thanks
My email address is :
[email protected]

Nick: sparkle_bee
Edd: 20 mar 2013
Baby #2
Gyne: dr Tc Chang
Hospital: tmc

Thanks so much!:)

Last edited:
Hi, could you add me to the face book group too? My email is [email protected]

Nick: blueberrylove
EDD: 03 March 2014
Baby: #1
Gynae: Dr. L.C. Cheng
Hospital: TMC

I'm based in China, Suzhou but will be delivering in Singapore.
By the way, Candyrush hang in there! I think as long as the antibiotics is prescribed by the doctor, it should be fine.

Is it ok to use oxy? I have terrible breakouts on my face, about 5 pimples! Feeling so ugly....now in my 11th week...

Hi elegancez, I'm not too sure about OXY, but I'm currently using tea tree oil from Body Shop for the acne that suddenly flourished on my back since my pregnancy. I have done some checks, and tea tree oil is pretty mild. That's why it takes longer to see the effects, but ultimately it still works. My acne is clearing up after 2-3 weeks of usage.

candyrush, u r so brave! 5 tube of blood, i scared blood test. That day I went for KKH OSCAR test, luckily the nurse very skillful and I didn't feel pain. I plan to have my 2nd one few years after this, maybe over 35 yrs old already. Scared to do so much test.

Any mummy feel itchiness on tummy? My tummy start itchy last week, so irritating. After apply Johnson baby oil, feel a bit better. Not sure if it's because tummy start stretching cause itchiness? Tried use Palmers' stretch mark lotion, but seem not really effective. Anyone start apply stretch mark lotion or oil already? Need some recommendation.

I also have itch in the tummy and the area which itch has red patches as i cant help scratching it. I have also applied Palmers stretch mark lotion to ease stretch marks and reduce itchiness but i don't think it is helpful for itchiness. I tried applying aloe vera from natural republic which is very useful as it smooth the itch with a cooling sensation. Maybe you can try it too.

Thanks impixie for your info.

miracleseason, y yr tummy pain? Constipation? I felt pain this morning and feel bad, then go pu more realise. If abnormal pain, better go see doctor immediately.

Thanks for your concern, my tummy no longer ache so much. Think is due to constipation.

I wonder any mummies here while travelling on the train, commuters give seat to you. I am at week 12 now and most people just stare at me wondering whether I am pregnant or just bloated from overeating. Feel quite sad.

Hi elegancez, I'm not too sure about OXY, but I'm currently using tea tree oil from Body Shop for the acne that suddenly flourished on my back since my pregnancy. I have done some checks, and tea tree oil is pretty mild. That's why it takes longer to see the effects, but ultimately it still works. My acne is clearing up after 2-3 weeks of usage.

Hi blueberrylove,
Thanks for your reply. My GP told me that I can't use oxy and all other pimple cream but can use tea tree oil but my gynae said that oxy is fine but tea tree oil don't use so often cause there's not enough research that it's safe for pregnant woman.

I just did the test for down syndrome last Saturday but result was not out yet, anyone know how long it will take for the result to be out? Am into week 13 this week, have been feel lethargic whole day since the day I was pregnant and I find it really hard to concentrate on work..just want to go home and sleep..no strength to do anything...

Can I be added to the fb group as well? My email [email protected] Thanks.

Nick: Katherine Tan
EDD: 08 March 2014
Gynae: Dr. Poon King Fu
Hospital: TMC or Mt A

hi all mummies-to-be, is any1 keen on pre-natal yoga? i'll be seeing my gynae next wk to get the green light to start exercising, so thinking of going for pre-natal yoga in oct.

any1 keen? tanjong pagar area. http://www.masters-yogasadhan.com.sg/prenatal-yoga-singapore/ pricing is reasonable, 10 sessions $200. gd to get some exercise in 2nd tri n i heard tat it helps to prevent/ease backaches n aids in the delivery.

its my 1st bb, edd on 8th march 2013 at Mt A.

me me! i m keen & currently looking for one.

Hi blueberrylove,
Thanks for your reply. My GP told me that I can't use oxy and all other pimple cream but can use tea tree oil but my gynae said that oxy is fine but tea tree oil don't use so often cause there's not enough research that it's safe for pregnant woman.

maybe u want to try using toothpaste? i always use that as pimple cream even before pregnancy.

candyrush, u r so brave! 5 tube of blood, i scared blood test. That day I went for KKH OSCAR test, luckily the nurse very skillful and I didn't feel pain. I plan to have my 2nd one few years after this, maybe over 35 yrs old already. Scared to do so much test.

Any mummy feel itchiness on tummy? My tummy start itchy last week, so irritating. After apply Johnson baby oil, feel a bit better. Not sure if it's because tummy start stretching cause itchiness? Tried use Palmers' stretch mark lotion, but seem not really effective. Anyone start apply stretch mark lotion or oil already? Need some recommendation.

I started Bio Oil think when I was 7 weeks, now 12 weeks. so far ok after apply Bio Oil.

hi sugar baby ! paiseh don't really check the forum as often as before as the new layout seems so alien to me !

anyhow, my next appt with Dr Ben is this sat .. how about you ? u in the FB group already ?

Not yet in FB group. Last Saturday went to dripped at Dr Ben's clinic as dehydrated. I had done Down syndrome test, risk very low but my urine got some bacteria, will go to do urine test again. I still have nausea and vomiting.

Last edited:
I just did the test for down syndrome last Saturday but result was not out yet, anyone know how long it will take for the result to be out? Am into week 13 this week, have been feel lethargic whole day since the day I was pregnant and I find it really hard to concentrate on work..just want to go home and sleep..no strength to do anything...

Hi elegancez

May I know Dr Poon opening hours? Thanks.

miracleseason: we shd get a t-shirt tat says "i'm pregnant, pls give up ur seat for me."

i'm in my wk 13 now.... still having mrg sickness, weak appetite n starting to feel low after wks of being frustrated w the mrg sickness. doc gave me anti-vomiting med but its mild cos he says to protect the bb. my company doesnt have flexi arrangements n i've used up all my mc n leave, so now on unpaid leave. boss is stressing me on my leave, talking to me every 2wks on wat solution i have to improve my condition. sigh..... doc says mrg sickness shd end ard wk 14-16 n it has nothing to do w my food choices etc.

hubby is in reservice for 3wks, out in the jungle now. i really feel lost n lonely. wish i can dun eat the whole day if tat can stop the puking n nose bleed n stomach cramp n headaches. starting to feel depressed..... was v sick in the train on monday, asked a lady to let me sit down, she didnt look hapi cos i dun look preg to her i guess. almost puked in the train, managed to tahan till next stop n find toilet to puke. its really miserable. my 1st preg, so not coping well......

can any1 help or advice?

I also feel depressed in the past few weeks especially at night. Been plunged with night sickness such as headaches, fatigue,dehydration and nausea. Now the symptom subsided slightly- as I asked for anti-vomiting pills (Metocolopramide) which helped to ease me through the night when i feel like puking. Maybe you can tell your gynae that you are experiencing nose bleed and stomach cramps so he/she can better advise you what medicine to get to help stop those conditions.
You can also try dry orange peels and red bean soup or any soup- it also helps to stop/ease nauseousness.

My hubby every night come home is chat with his friends on the phone or face book. I feel not much of a difference from being alone at home plus I am a stay -at- home wife. So normally, I will spend my time watching movies or tv and once in a while call my friends or just go out and meet frenz. Maybe you can try calling your friends, talk to your parents or go to your parents house to stay for the time being to feel less alone.

This is also my first pregnancy --> I also feel miserable at times and depression sets in at night. But reading through those pregnancy books, it seems like a normal pregnancy symptoms that all women will go through. I hope that things will get better over time.

Hi, I realied I am not in the fb group too? Do add me in.
My email is sakura6nov@hotmail.com

Nick: miracleseason
EDD: 09 March 2014
Gynae: Dr. Lawrence Ang
Hospital: Thomson Medical

hi mummies.. i am from may 13 mummy.. just to share something over here. hoping that it can benefit you all. Congrats on your bfp n bundle of joy and i suppose many would like to bf your precious ones. ;) just to share my story abt bfing and how i gt my supply literally boost up. I gave birth on apr 28 2013. my baby girl doesnt like to latch and she is quite an impatience person. so not being able to supply her with initial colostrum /milk, i gt really very gan chiong and upset, fearing that my supply wont be able to meet her daily needs. On third day after i discharge from hospital, my combined milk was only 20 ml. that was really pathetic.. so one of my forum mummy intro me super chlorophyll powder, this is to be mixed with any beverages and taste tasteless.. slowly my supply did increase. i am still drinking the super chlorophyll till now and still wielding 300 - 400ml per pump. I am really happy that i am able to buffet milk my girl. So mummies, if you are keen on the chlorophyll, you can wa me at 90258843. Its really a good supplement with many benefits at affordable price. :)

hi mummies.. i am from may 13 mummy.. just to share something over here. hoping that it can benefit you all. Congrats on your bfp and bundle of joy!! and i suppose many would like to bf your precious ones. ;) just to share my story abt bfing and how i gt my supply literally boost up. I gave birth on apr 28 2013. my baby girl doesnt like to latch and she is quite an impatience person. so not being able to supply her with initial colostrum /milk, i gt really very gan chiong and upset, fearing that my supply wont be able to meet her daily needs. On third day after i discharge from hospital, my combined milk was only 20 ml. that was really pathetic.. so one of my forum mummy intro me super chlorophyll powder, this is to be mixed with any beverages and taste tasteless.. slowly my supply did increase. i am still drinking the super chlorophyll till now and still wielding 300 - 400ml per pump. I am really happy that i am able to buffet milk my girl. So mummies, if you are keen on the chlorophyll, you can wa me at 90258843. Its really a good supplement with many benefits at affordable price. :)

miracleseason: sorry to hear tat ur hubby isnt spending much time w u. its not easy being a stay-at-home wife at all.... n add on ur 1st preg. gd tat u have support from ur family n frens.

i got pulin from my doc but its v mild, so doesnt help the puking much. wearing seaband mrg sickness band but not much effect as well. the more things i try n the more tips i get from pple n it doesnt work, the worse i feel. i cant take sour stuff cos it creates more saliva n makes me wana puke. tried taking sweets, eating small meals etc, not useful for me.

i puke easily when i take the train. so gota take premium bus or cab to work. just finished 2days hosp leave from gynae, stay at hm n just cry whenever hubby msg me from army. lucky my boss is on leave today, so he cant stress me. not coping well, feeling v low n no energy. cant focus on watching tv or reading, just try to slp for time to pass faster.....

Snow Ice, I am very similar to you. I also puke very easily and once i had to sit on the toilet floor, hug the toilet bowl and puke. I puke so much that i cant even stand up. Whenever on the move, i will feel breathless and giddy..

Hope all these will subside and we can all enjoy our preggy

Jia you all

Hi mommies and mommies-to-be,
Is anyone looking for confinement nanny? Extremely reliable & trustworthy. She took very great care of me and my little baby, my first CN was the popular Siew Ling Jie, which I thought was a very good already.. Now my current nanny is even better! :) I am a fussy mommy and yet she can satisfy most of my expectation. I can tell she is very passionate in taking care of babies. She will talk/sing/ to them even tho she can go and rest.. Impressed she can take care of me, baby, cook, clean, feed at the same time. We all "blossomed" from her delicious cooking. Either my super fussy elder boy also gained significant weight! My hubby also keep praising her cooking. She is so good that I engaged her for 2 months :) So helping her to find her next job :) PM me if interested! :)

Hi blueberrylove,

Hi elegancez, thanks for sharing! At least the pimples are subsiding now, phew.... I hope yours is getting better too! :)

I can understand, I was practically sleeping the weekend away for my 6-8 weeks. Work-wise, ah... I struggle too, even now. Hang in there, I believe it should get better soon! :) I did my Down Syndrome test, and got the results after 5 days. Maybe you can call them up to check?

I also feel depressed in the past few weeks especially at night. Been plunged with night sickness such as headaches, fatigue,dehydration and nausea. Now the symptom subsided slightly- as I asked for anti-vomiting pills (Metocolopramide) which helped to ease me through the night when i feel like puking. Maybe you can tell your gynae that you are experiencing nose bleed and stomach cramps so he/she can better advise you what medicine to get to help stop those conditions.
You can also try dry orange peels and red bean soup or any soup- it also helps to stop/ease nauseousness.

My hubby every night come home is chat with his friends on the phone or face book. I feel not much of a difference from being alone at home plus I am a stay -at- home wife. So normally, I will spend my time watching movies or tv and once in a while call my friends or just go out and meet frenz. Maybe you can try calling your friends, talk to your parents or go to your parents house to stay for the time being to feel less alone.

This is also my first pregnancy --> I also feel miserable at times and depression sets in at night. But reading through those pregnancy books, it seems like a normal pregnancy symptoms that all women will go through. I hope that things will get better over time.

Hi miracleseason, I know it's hard when your hubby doesn't spend enough time with you, maybe you can tell him how you feel. But no matter what, just think of your baby and you'll feel happier! :) Happy mummy = happy baby. To cope with the dehydration (I wake feeling I'm in a desert every morning), I try to make home-brew chrysanthemum tea 2 times a week, helps a little... and it's really easy to make. ;)

Hi miracleseason, I know it's hard when your hubby doesn't spend enough time with you, maybe you can tell him how you feel. But no matter what, just think of your baby and you'll feel happier! :) Happy mummy = happy baby. To cope with the dehydration (I wake feeling I'm in a desert every morning), I try to make home-brew chrysanthemum tea 2 times a week, helps a little... and it's really easy to make. ;)

Thanks for your concern. I also tell him how I feel before but things doesn't seem to improve much though. Actually my hubby is quite good to me - cook and go to places that I want to go. There are no perfect hubbies as long as he treats me well then I am fine with it. What to do!!!

I don't really like chrysanthemum tea, think my taste bud change very drastically during this pregnancy phase. I just buy oral re hydration salt from pharmacy - whenever i vomit, i will take it at least it makes me feels better.

Most of the times, I also think positively. Only at night, when my pregnancy symptoms creep in then i will an emotional wrecker.

miracleseason: sorry to hear tat ur hubby isnt spending much time w u. its not easy being a stay-at-home wife at all.... n add on ur 1st preg. gd tat u have support from ur family n frens.

i got pulin from my doc but its v mild, so doesnt help the puking much. wearing seaband mrg sickness band but not much effect as well. the more things i try n the more tips i get from pple n it doesnt work, the worse i feel. i cant take sour stuff cos it creates more saliva n makes me wana puke. tried taking sweets, eating small meals etc, not useful for me.

i puke easily when i take the train. so gota take premium bus or cab to work. just finished 2days hosp leave from gynae, stay at hm n just cry whenever hubby msg me from army. lucky my boss is on leave today, so he cant stress me. not coping well, feeling v low n no energy. cant focus on watching tv or reading, just try to slp for time to pass faster.....

Hi snow_ice, sorry I don't have better advice against morning sickness other than sweets. I hope you can still eat something so your body gets some energy. In case you have no appetite due to the morning sickness, you can try taking Heinz apple juice for babies, or other baby food, as they are easy to digest and still gives you some energy and nutrients. :) As for your boss, don't let him stress you, morning sickness is not something we want either. :mad: Jiayou! :)

Dear MTBs, i would like to check with all of you regarding DS test. Did you do the test by scanning or u actually went for Oscar Scan? Was getting abit worried alth gynae mention results is normal thru ultrasound scan bt he can really see properly therefore wanted me to go for Oscar scan for confirmation. Did your gynae measure the fluid behind ur bb neck and what is the measurement?

Hi all MTBs !
Finally I can introduce myself here!! Have been waiting for today.. Have been 'ruen-ing' for my week 11 scan...just did my scan today.. Doc says it is safe to tell the world that I am preggy!! I was a bit pan tang due to the previous m/c...this is our first bb!
Have been following the forum since I found myself the bfp. Hope I did not miss out too much as I have not join the fb.. :)

Snow ice, I am interested in the yoga as well! But I forgot to check with my gynae today.. May be I will call him and check on Monday..

Pls add me..
Name Lydia Chung
My edd is 30 march 14
Gynae: Dr Fong yang
Email add : [email protected]

Hi all, I just did my oscars on mon, got call from clinic on thur. Turned out results r ok for it as well as the pre-eclampsia (not sure how to spell).
Cher2603, I think oscars is a more comprehensive test coz they will do detailed scanning n also take ur blood to test for some measurements. After I finished my oscars, my gynae also did measure bb neck when he did the usual scan.he said as long as it measures less than 2.2cm, it is ok.

miracleseason, can you share with me the package with Lawrence Ang?
I'm currently with KKH - Han HC, but every visit is around $100+ which I found quite costly.
Thinking if I should go other gynae for check-up but still go back to KKH in the last few week for check up and give birth.

Any mum-to-be got suggestion? can share me your check-up package?

Hi mummies,

If u need a confinement lady I wld like to recommend my aunty from KL who is very experienced. You can contact her at 60122928683. Her name is Lee Eng.

hi congrats to all MTBs!
im into my 12th weeks (EDD 21 MAR 14) now but I'm still not sure whether my baby is stable for me to announce (but I had alr informed my family members and some close frens). I have had brown spotting n bright red blood bleeding since my 5th wk onwards till now. its always on and off bleeding and spotting. On average, I will experience at least twice of such spotting and bleeding every week. its my first pregnancy so im really quite worried and scare! i had been given 6 support jabs already! Gynae said tt my placenta is low and there's nothing I can do other than to rest... luckily I have a caring in law, they have fetch me back to their house in malaysia to take care of me since Aug till now. Other than that, I have weak appetite n been throwing up alot! Metoclopramide doesn't seem to help :(
I hope everything will be stable in my second trimester and I can get back to work soon! jiayou everyone!!!!

Orange beauty, my usual visit for my gynae is ard 200... Heard my gynae package only start ard week 15 or 20...
Will share will u once I get a price from them.. I didn't really do much research of gynae price.. Just went straight to him cos it's recommended by a friend. I also find him quite costly.. But nvm la just a more months only.. Hee

hi congrats to all MTBs!
im into my 12th weeks (EDD 21 MAR 14) now but I'm still not sure whether my baby is stable for me to announce (but I had alr informed my family members and some close frens). I have had brown spotting n bright red blood bleeding since my 5th wk onwards till now. its always on and off bleeding and spotting. On average, I will experience at least twice of such spotting and bleeding every week. its my first pregnancy so im really quite worried and scare! i had been given 6 support jabs already! Gynae said tt my placenta is low and there's nothing I can do other than to rest... luckily I have a caring in law, they have fetch me back to their house in malaysia to take care of me since Aug till now. Other than that, I have weak appetite n been throwing up alot! Metoclopramide doesn't seem to help :(
I hope everything will be stable in my second trimester and I can get back to work soon! jiayou everyone!!!!
I heard that placenta low need to be extra careful.. They say dun squad down. Just be careful.. You are taken care by yr gynae, so dun worry.. My appetite also quite fluctuate , one day I can feel really hungry and keep eating every 2 hr. one day I can just eat my lunch and dinner..my m/s is consider not serious type.. But I tend to have m/s more at night.. Just before sleep.. When my stomach start to fill empty..

Orange beauty, my usual visit for my gynae is ard 200... Heard my gynae package only start ard week 15 or 20...
Will share will u once I get a price from them.. I didn't really do much research of gynae price.. Just went straight to him cos it's recommended by a friend. I also find him quite costly.. But nvm la just a more months only.. Hee

Wah...fat_chicken, yr gynae fees so exp every time. I felt $100+ per visit already exp. If sign-up package, normally range from $500-800 for the whole pregnancy check-up.

May I know how much is the rate for confinement lady?

Also, what's the market rate for a full time nanny (e.g. take care bb from 7am to 7pm) now? Worry and starting to look for nanny to tk care my bb after give birth.

morning all..

orangebeauty, I am also thinking about the confinement lady. I am very scare of freelance confinement lady now ever since my experience during my first child.
My CL flew kite, took my deposit and never turn up. When we called her, she asked us how come i gave birth earlier. We were like ??? We did told her I may give birth earlier and she said no problem. Then she continued to say she very tired cos she jus finished one case and its CNY she wana spend time with her family... Ultimate was when we called her again, she said her husband need to go for operation so she cant come. What rubbish....

so now we dare not hire any freelance. Most likely will go for agency. Think the rate will be around 2k.

MTM, pls be careful when hiring freelance CL.

The 2 agencies i am looking at will be Ikare or PEM. Anyone got experience from these agencies?

May I know how much is the rate for confinement lady?

Also, what's the market rate for a full time nanny (e.g. take care bb from 7am to 7pm) now? Worry and starting to look for nanny to tk care my bb after give birth.

I just checked with one confinement nanny which was recommended by my neighbour, $2500. I remembered PEM only charge $2050...not sure why the difference in the pricing..Really headache which one to engage..

Hi elegancez, thanks for sharing! At least the pimples are subsiding now, phew.... I hope yours is getting better too! :)

Hi blueberrylove,
Mine also got better but a few new ones are starting to pop out :( I think I will never have a clear complexion throughout my pregnancy..

Back