(2014/03) March 2014

@moonlightmist ... Yar! Am in gd hands. =)

Im puking everynight... Everyday outta breathe..occasionally feel giddy... This time my ms worse den when i had #1.

Forgot who was asking... My msian CL charge me $2200, frenship price cos she did my #1. Heard mkt rate is ard $2400.

Hi moonlightmist,

My boys are 5 and 1... Mom helping me with no 2, no 1 go cc.
Dunno how to manage when no 3 comes.. Anyone here with maid taking care of child?
What will ur arrangement be like when baby arrives?

Re: breathless
I feel it quite often this time.. Maybe due to age? I got to take big breath to relief it..and i often heave big sign.. Sign of depression over wat comes may?

good morning all... hows everyone doing? I am still feeling lousy, MS still refused to leave me alone, toilet bowl refused to de-friend me.

Hi Moonlightmist,

Yes but #1 also busy with sch now but when she is at home at least she can be my right left hand to help around to take care of #2 or housework. My #1 is from my previous marriage and for my current marriage, I waited for 3+ years than I am pregnant with #2. We do wants to have #3 at a later time but I am pregnant now so it come as a surprise in some way :) Anyway I am not young so I am fine.

Hi liquidskye,

The CL rate is around 2500 for next year. I have it recommend from my colleague and the CL charge me 2300. I am also looking for Post natal Malay massage lady, do you have any recommendation? I didn't manage to contact the previous massage as I think she has change her contact number. I do like her as she help me clear my blood cot as I tot I am fine.

Hi Mummies...

Ending week 10 soon... Still feeling pretty lousy..... still breathless, having nausea, gassy stomach, feeling tired all the time...
Way worse than when having #1 (not much MS that time)... This round, am suffering since week 6....

Jia you, everybody.... :) End of trimester 1 on the horizon oredi.... :)

glad to know i m not alone... i thought i m abnormal. LOL~ me now in week 11 every day feeling breathless, nausea and bloated... keep burping non-stop.. :(

Hi Mummies,

I tested positive, expecting #2 =). I'm staying in bukit batok, would like to ask if any mummies can recommend good female gynae. My previous gynae was Dr Theresa Cheng at AMK, find her clinic a bit too far for me now, wish to visit a female gynea whose clinic located at the west area.

Anybody go polyclinic do antenatal check-up?

Hi orangebeauty, I wanted to go to AMK polyclinic for my antenatal check-up but was informed by the nurses that I am still required to go to KKH/SGH/NUH for some of the checks as they do not have much equipment at AMK polyclinic.
I guess this should be the case for most polyclinics.
Currently, I am with KKH (subsidised). So far so good.

Hi Everyone,
I would like to join the facebook group. My email address is [email protected].
This is my 1st baby. EDD is 1 Mar 2014. Currently, I am with KKH (subsidised).
Still experiencing nausea at different moments of the day and sometimes I cannot really differentiate whether is it nausea or gastric (even though I am always munching on something every few hours). Hopefully things will improve...

Last edited:
Just wanna check/ask..in our pregnant state, can we visit close friends who have given birth at hospitals? :D

Hi...

Does anybody know if we can register on-the-spot for the FBI/SBI (First/Subsequent Born Incentive) at TMC when we go for the first trimester scan?
Or do we need to sign up earlier to get the discount for the scan?

For my #1, I signed up for FBI during a baby fair...
Going for the scan at TMC in 2 weeks. Not sure if I should sign up for the SBI online.... Think it costs $124...

Thanks. :)

Just wanna check/ask..in our pregnant state, can we visit close friends who have given birth at hospitals? :D

Mochaa, I visited a very close fren after she delivered when I was around 3 months preg with #1...
The only "pantang" my mum instructed me to follow was not to carry her newborn...

Ur... think it's personal preference... I know of ladies who totally avoid visiting hospitals, attending weddings or any celebrations, etc...
For my case, she was an old buddy. Plus I checked with her first and made sure she dun "pantang" either... :)

Hi all mummies, I am new here...First pregnancy~

Missycandy - saw your previous post , our edd quite near, mine is 19 March, Dr Ben as well. But I still have ms now. whenever feel wanna vomit I will eat candy - sour plum candy and eclipse some time. Don't know when only will back to normal...:( . When is your next check up with Dr Ben?

Hi...

Does anybody know if we can register on-the-spot for the FBI/SBI (First/Subsequent Born Incentive) at TMC when we go for the first trimester scan?
Or do we need to sign up earlier to get the discount for the scan?

For my #1, I signed up for FBI during a baby fair...
Going for the scan at TMC in 2 weeks. Not sure if I should sign up for the SBI online.... Think it costs $124...

Thanks. :)
I didn't even know there were subsidies and incentives like these and that they were available at TMC. The last time I asked TMC, they said no subsidy etc. :eek:

soursop, call the clinic to ask? U taking an tai? Take care..

Chris, I do get it on and off just try to rest when possible... Best not to take any meds but if really cannot take it, see GP to get med. from what I know can take Panadol but better to check w doc.

Missycandy - saw your previous post , our edd quite near, mine is 19 March, Dr Ben as well. But I still have ms now. whenever feel wanna vomit I will eat candy - sour plum candy and eclipse some time. Don't know when only will back to normal...:( . When is your next check up with Dr Ben?

Hello!! Sorry I haven't been in for a long time cos dunno how to log into this new forum :p

May I join in the FB group please?? My email address is [email protected].

Thanks in advance FishB0n3!!

impixie, how do u entitled to have the subsidies rate in KKH? I'm private rate, not sure if it's because I do not go to polyclinic in the first place? If I want to enjoy subsidies rate now, can I go to Poly clinic again? Private rate for check-up is around $100 + for senior gynae, quite exp.
Are u see different gynae every time?

Yes, AMK KKH clinic did request me to go KKH do some test (down sydrome & in week 19 for detail checking). There's some details check that AMK clinic not available. But I'm happy go to KKH sometimes, waiting time there not that long and I can shop shop there in the small mall :)

Wk11 this week, my ms only come around wk10. This week really bad, vomit while wake up and back home from work. Sometimes before dinner.

All 1st time mum-to-be, do u feel yr tummy grow bigger a bit? I felt that I cannot find my waist anymore. huh huh~~ tummy like a bit bloated. Got one long pant can't fit anymore.

Hi orangebeauty.. for wat i know u hav to go through POlyclinic then u can enjoy the subs rate with the referal letter .. n for sure yes u'll seeing different gynae every visit :)

I'm entering end of wk11 .. stomach boated getting better but still feeling fatigue :(

my stomach like 3wks ago same same leh if look at the photo i took weekly :( cant wait for my Oscar scan on tis coming MOn ..cant wait cant wait hope everthing smooothly

hi sugar baby ! paiseh don't really check the forum as often as before as the new layout seems so alien to me !

anyhow, my next appt with Dr Ben is this sat .. how about you ? u in the FB group already ?

Hi orangebeauty, I got a referral letter from AMK Polyclinic and they set-up an appt with KKH on my behalf. Perhaps you would like to check with KKH staff if you are able to go under subsidised care (consultation fee of $32 for 1st visit & $30 for subsequent visits)?

As what magwonder mentioned, I am seeing different doctors for each visit (so far 2 different female Indian docs for my 2 visits). Waiting time varies too. From my observation, they seems to go strictly by your given appointment time. I was super early once and waited for like forever...

Currently I am at week 13. Have gone for the Down Syndrome scan last week (longer duration compared to normal scan as there are more measurements to be done).
Down Syndrome blood test was done the previous week & the nurse took quite a bit of blood. Didnt dare to look =<

My tummy seemed to have expanded in size these 2 weeks too.
But appetite wise, still not very good. Eating is now a chore when it used to be such a big part of my life.

Currently I am at week 13. Have gone for the Down Syndrome scan last week (longer duration compared to normal scan as there are more measurements to be done).
Down Syndrome blood test was done the previous week & the nurse took quite a bit of blood. Didnt dare to look =<

My tummy seemed to have expanded in size these 2 weeks too.
But appetite wise, still not very good. Eating is now a chore when it used to be such a big part of my life.

I also went for the Down Syndrome when i am in my week 11. I also quite surprised that my gynae withdrew three tubes of blood.

I am currently in Week 12. My tummy expanded like a rubber and most of my pants/shorts cannot fit me anymore. Most of my clothes also look very tight.
Appetite wise is improving. The previous weeks seems like hell - everyday suffering from dehydration, coughing and nausea.

The only main problem I face is at night. Every night seems like a living hell. Plugged with the constant urge of nausea and headaches.
Yesterday night my tummy pained like hell. Tot I am gg to "die" soon.. Wonder what the reason for the tummy ache.

Thanks impixie for your info.

Happy to know that there's mum-to-be tummy also expanding, I thought I'm too fat so my tummy expanding so fast. I'm wearing pregnant long pant to work already, but blouse still same. I can see my tummy but not sure if some of my colleagues who don't know can see or not.

I'm going for my ultrascan for ds next week, nurse said dr will tell us result that day as well.
My appetide not good, but still can eat something. Vomit almost everyday when reach home from work (maybe too tired after one day). But lucky is still able to tk my dinner after that.

miracleseason, y yr tummy pain? Constipation? I felt pain this morning and feel bad, then go pu more realise. If abnormal pain, better go see doctor immediately.

Hi orangebeauty.. for wat i know u hav to go through POlyclinic then u can enjoy the subs rate with the referal letter .. n for sure yes u'll seeing different gynae every visit :)

I'm entering end of wk11 .. stomach boated getting better but still feeling fatigue :(

my stomach like 3wks ago same same leh if look at the photo i took weekly :( cant wait for my Oscar scan on tis coming MOn ..cant wait cant wait hope everthing smooothly

Thanks magwonder! We r in the same week. My EDD: 16 Mar, how abt u?

hello ladies, may i know if you experience gastric pain more often now that you are pregnant? i experience gastric pain even though i eat regularly. Also, even though im in my 10th week now, i still suffer from stomach cramps occasionally

i also gng for oscar test next week. now at week 11. Today whole day also on n off tummy ache after i pupu. pain more at rite side...
for me appetite has been v gd since the day i am pregnant and yeah..i gained abt 1.5kg to 2kg of weight

impixie, how do u entitled to have the subsidies rate in KKH? I'm private rate, not sure if it's because I do not go to polyclinic in the first place? If I want to enjoy subsidies rate now, can I go to Poly clinic again? Private rate for check-up is around $100 + for senior gynae, quite exp.
Are u see different gynae every time?

Yes, AMK KKH clinic did request me to go KKH do some test (down sydrome & in week 19 for detail checking). There's some details check that AMK clinic not available. But I'm happy go to KKH sometimes, waiting time there not that long and I can shop shop there in the small mall :)

Wk11 this week, my ms only come around wk10. This week really bad, vomit while wake up and back home from work. Sometimes before dinner.

All 1st time mum-to-be, do u feel yr tummy grow bigger a bit? I felt that I cannot find my waist anymore. huh huh~~ tummy like a bit bloated. Got one long pant can't fit anymore.

i think mine is only slightly bigger but i do find my tummy v bloated! i m like carry a float with me... :(

i also gng for oscar test next week. now at week 11. Today whole day also on n off tummy ache after i pupu. pain more at rite side...
for me appetite has been v gd since the day i am pregnant and yeah..i gained abt 1.5kg to 2kg of weight

me also gg for oscar scan next wk at tmc.. where is urs?

Nick: Kichimeow
EDD: 17 March 2014
Baby # 1
Gynae: Dr Heng Tung Lan
Hospital: Parkway East

Finally settled on a Gynae and did my OSCAR test today.
Hello to all Mummies once again :)

I read that some of your had breakouts and some had very bloated tummies , some very nauseous and some super breathless. I am all of the above! I do hope that the saying that u will feel better after first trimester is true!!! :(

Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum, 1st time pregnant. Had 2 visits to my gyane.. everything is progressing ok...

Nick: urbangal
EDD: 28 March 2014
Baby #1
Doctor: Dr Benjamin Tham
Hospital: TMC

Can I request to be added to the FB group.

Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum, 1st time pregnant. Had 2 visits to my gyane.. everything is progressing ok...

Baby #1

Baby #1

Paiseh, but I would like to join the FB group but have not received any invite.. My email address is [email protected]. :) Can help add me please?

Nick: syyy
EDD: 27 March 2014
Baby #2
Doctor: Dr Douglas Ong
Hospital: Mount Elizabeth

I told the doc about my recent vomiting/nausea and was given 2 weeks supply of Metoclopramide HCI tablet (10 mg) (to be taken when necessary).
To be taken 0.5 hr to 1 hr before food. May cause drowsiness.

Have tried taking it one night before my light supper and it works! As least I didn't feel like vomiting when brushing my teeth in the morning.
Perhaps can highlight your symptoms to the gynae and see if any medication might help.

I am currently in my 14 weeks but the vomiting/nausea/bloated feeling don't seem to be improving. Climbing an overhead bridge is enough to make me breathless :( Hopefully things will improve...

dear all... been v bz with all those test recently. Thur just did a harmony test(something like Oscar test but a lot more accurate and super ex) due to my age above 35, doc advice me to do it. cost me $1980. result wil b out 2wks later after blood test came back from UK. can also tell gender of e bb too. then stil got $90 for blood test. total took 5 tubes of blood from me.:-( fri I went to Thomason hospital to do pre-eclampsia test too. took blood again. :-( took urine test and found some bacteria in my urine, tmr gg back to gynae to do cultural test. hope everything is fine. i heard take antibiotics will do but dunno wil harm bb anot. anyone know abt it?

totally no morning sickness or headache, but kept gg to bathroom to pee every 1-2 hrs. and my tummy can tell alrd... mayb due to 2nd one ba. every 3hrs I must eat if not wil get gastric. even at night when slp alrd wil also wake up 3-4 hrs later to pee then wil hungry agan, even how tired also hav to eat, if not am wake up wil get gastric de. afternoon must have nap if not will b very tired, luckily my job is flexible, been resting at home since 1mth and 1 wk pregnant (almost miscarriage during 1mth 1 wk, doc ask me to bedridden til end july).Tmr I wil b 13 wks pregnant alrd.

pls add me...

Nick: candyrush
EDD: 9th March 2014
Baby #2
Doctor: Dr CH Koh
Hospital: Mt A

candyrush, u r so brave! 5 tube of blood, i scared blood test. That day I went for KKH OSCAR test, luckily the nurse very skillful and I didn't feel pain. I plan to have my 2nd one few years after this, maybe over 35 yrs old already. Scared to do so much test.

Any mummy feel itchiness on tummy? My tummy start itchy last week, so irritating. After apply Johnson baby oil, feel a bit better. Not sure if it's because tummy start stretching cause itchiness? Tried use Palmers' stretch mark lotion, but seem not really effective. Anyone start apply stretch mark lotion or oil already? Need some recommendation.

Back