(2014/02) February 2014

Ladies, are you placing the baby cot in your master bedroom or in the nursery with the CL during confinement month? (28days to be exact)
Cos i realise with a cot, an arm chair and a cupboard, the poor CL will have no where to slp. :x

Ladies, are you placing the baby cot in your master bedroom or in the nursery with the CL during confinement month? (28days to be exact)
Cos i realise with a cot, an arm chair and a cupboard, the poor CL will have no where to slp. :x

i think in the nursery with CL. think u got to remove the arm chair? CL can feed baby on the bed?

hi morning all mtbs,

went for my oscar scan yesterday but sad to know that the result was at a high risk. After dicussion with hubby we had opt and schedule for the amino test in early sept whereby i will be ard 16wks. I'm really praying hard that the my baby will be born healthy.
The test will have 1/300 chance of MC and after extract the amino fluid will have to send to lab for test and i will take about 2 weeks to know the result.
I knew there's something not right when the sonographer ask if this is my 1st bb, when i ans no, then she ask if my #1 is healthy. And at the end of the scan she comment everything is ok except that the fluid behide the neck thickness is abit thick. When she said that i knew it is not right as this measure the result for bb with DS. Then we will send for counselling, while the counsellor tell us more in detail and the procedure of the process. she said this oscar scan is only telling a ratio of risk and which i just nice fall within the high risk 1:123 where the cut off is 1:300. So there will be option for us to choose eg amino test where this result will give a confirm ans of YES or NO....

wanted to go for a 2nd opinion but when call the clinic, was told that i must have doctor letter as they don't take walk in customer.

As for now i can only pray for the best and leave it to god as thing are really not within my control but of cos deep in my heart was crying bitterly but i still have put up a strong self so that my family will not worry for me.

Sunshine, there's still hope. Go for the amino test and stay strong. Dont give up....

thanks mummies, had a good cry yesterday and today feeling better...i has some mummy friend also exp the same and after the test everything was normal too...so i just hope and pray for the best.
i also loss weight due to MS...haiz this pregnancy is really full of puking and worries....

hi morning all mtbs,

went for my oscar scan yesterday but sad to know that the result was at a high risk. After dicussion with hubby we had opt and schedule for the amino test in early sept whereby i will be ard 16wks. I'm really praying hard that the my baby will be born healthy.
The test will have 1/300 chance of MC and after extract the amino fluid will have to send to lab for test and i will take about 2 weeks to know the result.
I knew there's something not right when the sonographer ask if this is my 1st bb, when i ans no, then she ask if my #1 is healthy. And at the end of the scan she comment everything is ok except that the fluid behide the neck thickness is abit thick. When she said that i knew it is not right as this measure the result for bb with DS. Then we will send for counselling, while the counsellor tell us more in detail and the procedure of the process. she said this oscar scan is only telling a ratio of risk and which i just nice fall within the high risk 1:123 where the cut off is 1:300. So there will be option for us to choose eg amino test where this result will give a confirm ans of YES or NO....

wanted to go for a 2nd opinion but when call the clinic, was told that i must have doctor letter as they don't take walk in customer.

As for now i can only pray for the best and leave it to god as thing are really not within my control but of cos deep in my heart was crying bitterly but i still have put up a strong self so that my family will not worry for me.

Cute_gal - don't worry about it. most of the time, the fluid at the back is just a indication and majority of the babies born turn out fine. how come your scan so fast can determine? no blood test? they just base on the nuchal fold? don't you have an option to check for nasal bone + nuchal fold + blood test? that way you can avoid having to go for amnio right? not too sure. but don't worry so much and stay strong. will pray for you for a healthy baby.

yah hor sunshine, maybe combine with blood test, all is ok?
there are a few ladies from the Jan 2014 thread talking about Dr Lai at Camden whom they seek for 2nd opinion when their Oscar results aren't that good. you might want to check it out?

wan, blood test was taking 2 weeks ago when i went for my normal gyne visit...ya ho i also remember during #1 time also got take the nasal bone measurement but this time nooo....actually i m quite doubtful on the sono cos she seem to me like very impatienc nv spend much time she keep said bb not cooperative and when i saw the report even the spine measurement is state as not completed cos she she can't take as bb keep moving.

thanks vee...i also try to recall the medical center name cos during #1 some mummies fr smh also encounter same issue and they went for 2nd opinion. yup camden. is the one....

thought the blood test must be taken on the same time? I did blood test with my gynae and yst when I went for the scan, did another blood test again, this time solely for checking the DS chromosomes. and yeah especially if the sono is so impatient, then I guess you better seek 2nd opinion. who knows, maybe all is fine and you don't have to go for amnio? :)

Welcome febby!
Congrats Gwen!

Sunshine - I Oso feel u shd go for another opinion since she can't take nasal bone. N if u decide on amnio, no worries. My gf Oso took n turns out bb is fine. But y take the risk of amnio if u r doubting the sono too? Whatever it is we r all here for u. Hang in there...

hi mummies.......
MS is killing me....i can literally burp all day long and vomit at night....
and i crave for cold drinks and food which i dont in the past....
and i realised my pee have a different foul smell and was wondering if its the folid acid and calcium pills that causes this....does any of you have the same prob??

Verapoh, my pee colour a bit murky sometimes. But I always thought its because i didn't drink enough water.
About being gassy, for me it seem to happen depending on what I eat. I am 'suspecting' my farmhouse milk or combination of dutch lady milk + farm house milk (in 2 hr interval). Tomorrow I try again and monitor.

cute_gal, when is the amino test? Hang it there. You and baby will be in my prayers. Pray that you will have a healthy beautiful baby.

thanks iselle and gr8ful

iselle, just talk to hubby again and he feel should stick to amnio test as this will give a confirm ans cos he say oscar is just giving a possibility. I have gyne next week too will discuss further with him cos he also the doc to perform the amnio test for me, will hear wht he say 1st. Never thought will have to go through this, but no matter what i still have faith in my bb and will look on the bight side.

gr8ful...the test is on 4 sept cos this test need to be done from 16-20weeks and also need to go for a heart scan end of this month.

Sunshine, oic. Yep amnio is confirm so can xin an. Must take leave tat day n bed rest. My gf had some spotting aft tat but she fine. U can get more info from gynae. N the doc who do the amnio must be experienced to reduce the risk.
For now dun tink so much n be happy. Juz wait for sep to arrive since worrying can't help. N most likely it's low risk so take care!!

fyi, any members who are already in the fb grp can invite anyone else who provides her email add here. dont have to wait for me as i sometimes dont get access to my pc/laptop. i dont think fb on mobile can do the invitation. sometimes i dont even come to forum on weekends. poor thing for the mtbs who has to wait :x

Hey I'm new here. I'm expecting my no.1 and EDD is 4th Feb 2014.
Can add me [email protected] to FB group? Thanks vm!!! :)

giulietta -:rolleyes: same. my generous gf passed me her pregnancy books to read, i also DL Baby Centre application spore version closed, so UK version u can read) online a lot useful tips.... =p
most tips provided were, eat moderately, not excessive, have those vital vitamins (folic acid, calcium, etc) intake sufficient for BB n Mummy...
BE HAPPY and then the BB will be a happy BB!~ haaaaa..no sad depress ok, else BB also will b affected.:p
I think most of u HOPe for is a SMOOTH, safe, happy pregnancy and BB will be healthy, happy and well... hee...Let's b happy, eat moderate...eh i also hear we must
avoid pineapples, bittergourd (my fave!! w stir fry egg, damn), caffeine, alcohol... overdose in grapes/orange as these fruits will make BB having more 'phelgm' in future...
moderate ok.. =p

i m keen to join the talk too but it happens on a weekday working hours timing, doubt i could make it... =(
thanks for sharing~~

verapoh - i m 13wks now and gained 4 kg... OMG..... ><:(
my gf ask me look for PEM CL i think, some agency..hven really look around as i hear the prices are maddness.. may need my MIL help n myself help to take care BB food etc during my CL... =(
i hear TMC also provide CL... hmmm...o_O

Good day ahead everyone~!

Thanks Vivaliciousviv. Yah I think most important is a healthy baby! Other stuff is secondary. hee now i also looking at stuff to buy for my baby. how far in advance before baby arrives that you all buy the baby essentials? Haha i feel like i am turning into a kiasu mummy.

Cute gal: be positive & optimistic! Ur bb will feel it! Stay happy too! Dun worry too much & try to generate more positive energy! Jia you!!!

Hey cute gal , smile! This is merely a number, a possibility. There are a few cases I heard also high risk but came out fine. Do pray hard and stay positive !

Sunshinebb, my cousin is 40 when she has her 1st bb & she opt out all test & leave it to god & she got a healthy & smart boy. Be positive & god will guide u to the right way. Jiayou~ we will all pray for u.

Cute_gal, I know the anxiety that you are facing, hard to tell you not to worry,,, Just pray about it ya~
I didn't take OSCAR test for first 2 pregnancies hence this time round I skipped it too.. NT scan gynae says it's fine..
Blood test result shows Low Blood, Gynae advise me to intake more iron, till now still vomiting daily and fainting spell.
Already reaching 16 weeks.. Let's all GAMBATTE~!

HI Baobaoneo, Congrats! Sounds exciting and challenging~ the 3 of them age gap very near so will be a challenge but at least you older one can help out abit =')

thanks all mtbs for your kind support...it really give me strength.

congrats baobao...u conceive naturally for the twins?

thanks vee...i also try to recall the medical center name cos during #1 some mummies fr smh also encounter same issue and they went for 2nd opinion. yup camden. is the one....
hi cute_gal, happen to see ur post and i'm actually a feb mtb but having twins and will be csec-ing so joined Jan thread :)
I'm one of them who went Camden medical for 2nd opinion as the risk for amnio is quite high for twins so I do not wish to go thru that..
I went to Prof Anadakumar for 2nd opinion and he say all is fine from the scan and ask me not to worry for the thick NT.. (mine is measured at 2.9mm and 3.0mm) which is quite thick and risk ratio is 1:121, 1:212.
We decided not to go for the amnio on the 29th and hence cancelled the appointment. yday met up with gynae and he did suggest us not to go for the amnio.. but of coz its all up to u and ur hubby :)
All the best.. totally can feel how u are feeling right now ya :)

btw did u had ur scan at KKH? and sonographer happened to be a china woman?

kmei2...thank u so much for the info. can i know more detail as in Prof Anadakumar fr which clinic in camden. I try call Dr Lai but his nurse say his appt very pack and only slot have is 10.40am how m i gg to rush down fr work (Ubi). my bb NT is 2.6mm and risk is 1:123. I will be meeting my gyne only on this 28th but i did call the hospital to leave a message for him to call me back so i can ask more detail.

ya loh how u know is a chinese(china) sono which look very impatience to me, keep complaining abt bb not cooperative and refuse to take extra mile to send me out for walk in order for bb to get into best position and the result seem to me that she is just wanted to rush it out. I think her name is Li Li but i can't remember her surname.

Last edited:
kmei2...thank u so much for the info. can i know more detail as in Prof Anadakumar fr which clinic in camden. I try call Dr Lai but his nurse say his appt very pack and only slot have is 10.40am how m i gg to rush down fr work (Ubi). my bb NT is 2.6mm and risk is 1:123. I will be meeting my gyne only on this 28th but i did call call the hospital to leave a massage for him to call me back so i can ask more detail.

ya loh how u know is a chinese(china) sono which look very impatience to me, keep complaining abt bb not cooperative and refuse to take extra mile to send me out for walk in order for bb to get into best position ad the result seem to me that she is just wanted to rush it out. I think her name is Li Li but i can't remember her surname.

I oso trying to contact Dr Lai but no slots available too that time as I dun wish to wait for 2 weeks for Prof anadakumar :p his contact as follows:
SSR International Private Limited
One Orchard Boulevard, Camden Medical Centre,
#06-07/08, Singapore 248649
TEL: (65) - 6333 8621 FAX: (65) - 6333 8619
web:http://www.ssr.com.sg E-mail: [email protected]

ur gynae dr John Tee?

I know coz.... mine is her too!! we are very pissed with her attitude too and same things as wat she says to u.. and oso she didn't take the measurement of the nasal bone as well *angry
"Zhou Li Li"

kmei2, thanks once again for the detail.
yes my gyne is John Tee, he the one delivered my #1 so i go back to him, he will also be the one doing the amnio test as i understand KKH only got 2 gyne able to do this.

Yes she the one ZHOU LI LI....super pissed off with her attitude and she show no sincerity.

Back