(2014/02) February 2014

hi morning all mtbs,

yes iselle, i will just ask not to put grass jelly but don't know if they will add on other ingredient more just to make it up...lol if not very lu gee...

princess....hug hug hug!!! totally understand how u feel, when after my scan and doc inform me that i was on the high risk, my mind totally went blank...but after I cool down and think we still have to face it and find the best solution to it.
but i was offer with cvs and amnio test...after understand more from the genetic cousellor, she said CVS is a test perfom by taking the cell from the placenta while the amino test is extracting some amnio fluid from surounding the bb to send to lab for test. and also CVS can perform earlier at ard 11-13 week while amnio can be done fr 16-20weeks. So after conclusion we decided on the amnio.

I has appt with my gyneon 28th and hope to hear or understand more fr him and c what he suggest. i also make another appointment with one other doc on 29th for a 2nd opinion. After seeing them all from there we will see if we want to carry on with the test on 4 sept. I just try whatever can be done and best for my bb.

So do not give up...ok cheer up and bb gonna to feel it....jia u!!!

hi cutegal.. may i know how thick is your bb neck measurement? i m seeing gynae on 28th to hear more options from him.. but he also mentioned that there's fluid under my bb's skin..

hi lerainbow, thanks :)

princess, no worry too much, btw where u did your test. You will be meeting your gyne on 28th maybe u hear what he suggust 1st.

Last edited:
hi Luvbaby, no leh im still not over 35yr...hmm the counsellor said age does play a big part but ppl who young may also exp this and it is not inheritance or genetic cause but family history also will take note. She said is due to the chromosome when the egg and sperm met and she also mentioned all this test is to check if there are any abnormality of the the chromosome whether is there is extra or missing.

princess, don't worry.. there's always cases of false positive and I read that most babies turn out fine. don't stress k :)

luvbabymarket - you should go JB then.. hahaha there's one at KSL mall I tried the black ball there. though I didn't really like that dessert.

any mtbs start to wear maternity bra? my boobs increase in size lah now m still wearing those normal with wire, feel so uneasy.

cute_gal - I bought 3 new bras from la senza for $40. bra extenders doesn't work cos the cup is too small. thinking of buying nursing bra or something but I scared it grows bigger again then the ones I bought can't be used. right now it seems to be growing again cos the new ones I bought feels a little tight. but I just tahan lor.
weekends I wear bikini out so much more comfy

vee - no underwire means no support right? will our boobs sag cos it gets heavier mah..

wan, $40 for 3 bras is quite reasonable. I love growing boobs..lol

actually ho i feel after giving birth and breast feeding, the boobs really feel different...hmm tend to be a little sag and after stop breast feed it will reduce in size.

cute_gal - yup I love my bigger boobs too! hahaha used to so small and now grew like 2 sizes already so hopefully can maintain a bit after BF ba.
vee - where you buy yr no underwire ones from?
luvbabymarket - yup def baby is more impt but just wondering cos like for now, if no wire then no support mah.. that's before BF..

wan~: I wear wired bra throughout for my first preg. Some mummy say uncomfortable but i still feel normal. Some mummy also say it hinder breast milk production but I dun have tat issue too... hahahaha. So depend on individual lah

Hey Vee: you know ur baby sex already?

not yet dear. i hope can see during nx tues appt!

thanks vee! will go check that page out..
luvbabymarket - oh.. as long as you are comfy that's most impt I guess. im feeling super uncomfy when I wear the new bras so hoping to get some comfy ones at a cheap price.

I also burp weird smells. I think its the calcium or DHA pills I am taking. Lucky I didn't feel sick so I just take them everyday though it's not a nice feeling.
i hate the calcium pill, gotta have a talk with my gynae on whether if I skip what will happen, as I've not been taking, it's so hard. so I try to drink more milk daily. If I take it at night, I must drink it down with ice milo or something really sweet to hide the taste. even so also when burp can smell it.....yucks.

eh, thanks!~ so far which bra u bought n how to gauge your sizing?? =p
I just buy bra extensions as breast growing but still can fit cup size although the width around the body is so tight. So bra extensions helps a lot and save money having to buy new bras for now!

need to let off steam!
have anyone made you feel so shitty that you wish they have kept their mouth shut and you never met up with them? Arrghh....I havent announced my pregnancy to any of my relatives yet but one day, met my cousin, who came up to me from behind, poked my tummy and commented "WHAT IS THIS?" gave me a crazy look while walking away and then said "YOU STILL WANT ANOTHER ONE?"....

Gosh!!! That really threw me off my feet and annoyed the hell out of me. It kinda hurt too when people are so insensitive and tackless! Some more a close cousin! I felt like screaming at her and saying "yes of course I want another one and a congratulations would be nice!".....arrghh....I cant get that scenario out of my mind, left such a bad taste....grrrr

i hate the calcium pill, gotta have a talk with my gynae on whether if I skip what will happen, as I've not been taking, it's so hard. so I try to drink more milk daily. If I take it at night, I must drink it down with ice milo or something really sweet to hide the taste. even so also when burp can smell it.....yucks.

I read somewhere that milk actually takes away the calcium in our bones but I still drink it. the calcium pill though horrible, I think it's still best to eat it ba. You can try asking yr gynae for other calcium pills? mine gave me the organic calcium tablets and other than taste, it nv give me problems..

vivalicious, I gauge my size base on trying on new ones that fit me better then from there I know my new size. I actually grew from 32A to 34B and I think it's still growing so best you go to an actual shop to try..

calcium is a must. If mother do not take enough calcium, baby will use mother bones instead, leaving mother at risk of osteoporosis (hollow bone) .. No amount of calcium future intake can repair that anymore as human body can only process limited calcium intake in a day.

Please do not ever skip calcium intake no matter how yucky it is. Perhaps you can ask your gynae to give different brand, or buy different one from Watson/Guardian/Unity that is not so yucky

for those who wanna buy bra, now wacoal in metro have disc up to 70% off. i just bought 4 bras last sunday at metro paragon. each cost 27.80.
from my #1, i wore wired bra too, like luvbabymarket says as long as we feel comfy. even during bf i also wore wired bra...

for those who wanna buy bra, now wacoal in metro have disc up to 70% off. i just bought 4 bras last sunday at metro paragon. each cost 27.80.
from my #1, i wore wired bra too, like luvbabymarket says as long as we feel comfy. even during bf i also wore wired bra...

Yizhen, are the wacoal bras wired?

aiyoh some ppl are born with very little EQ and maybe IQ. just ignore them Miraclebaby. as long as u r happy with ur decision, dont care what others say.

Hihi, I am a Feb mummy too. This is my second baby, EDD 28 Feb. Last day of Feb, luckily no leap year! hehe

like to ask..beside taking calcium tablets, do anyone drink milk as well? For my first child, I am only taking calcium tablets as gynae says this is sufficient already. This time round, I follow suit as well. However my girlfriend says not sufficient wor..

mmm..like to seek your opinions?

hihi all mtbs.

chindeh, i only drink fresh milk as i can't stand the smell of those maternity milk during #1 time gyne also nv give calcium pill, he only give multi vit like obimin which he said is more than enough. my #1 now skin very fair n rosy complexion.

Hi cute_gal
I can't take milk now, even fresh milk. I will feel bloated and will puke. Maybe my MS is not totally gone yet..haiz. So far even for my first pregnancy, I did not experience constipation after taking calcium tablets so maybe it differs from person to person?

Will calcium intake affects the baby's teeth development? My 16 months gal now only has 6 tooths (Top 4, Bottom 2). So I am wondering is it due to the insufficient calcium i am taking? I am taking Os-Cal calcium tablets (500mg). Maybe i should ask gynae at my next appointment.

hi chindeh, I am taking calcium, iron and DHA prescribed by gynae.. As cute_gal said, some calcium pills cause constipation, same goes for iron. so must drink lots of water, prune juice or change the brand of the pill.
at the same time, I drink fresh milk and soy milk.
Cute_gal - drink prune juice to help constipation. :) btw yeah a lot of mummies are in FB so you should join us there too. Though you can only use yr phone to see.

chindeh, HL milk taste very good leh, have u tried?

Wan, actually i really hope to join as I really enjoy the pregnancy period (as per my #1 time) with all mummies chating in FB but kind of worry as i still not in the safe stage but I think I have to pick up the courage. Just now saw from other forum group one mtb has fibroid in her uterus, the fibroid will grow as the bb grow so meaning that it will fight the space with bb. Hopefully everything go well for this mtb. Some other will have other complication but they still having strong will and courage to overcome it.

Vee, can add me? [email protected]

calcium is a must. If mother do not take enough calcium, baby will use mother bones instead, leaving mother at risk of osteoporosis (hollow bone) .. No amount of calcium future intake can repair that anymore as human body can only process limited calcium intake in a day.

Please do not ever skip calcium intake no matter how yucky it is. Perhaps you can ask your gynae to give different brand, or buy different one from Watson/Guardian/Unity that is not so yucky
Ok thanks for the advice...i'll try to stomach it...for my own sake...I guess. :-(

Back