(2014/02) February 2014

iselle: no prob! my gynae explained tt becos durian is very high in sugar and sugar is what accelerates growth of our lil one which was y my high consumption of durians led to a growth spurt.

maybe u can try for ur #2 if u want a bigger baby. can eat now actually. cos i realise after i started drinking maternal milk, the lil one is growing very fast too. each time i go got gynae checkup, the due date will b brought nearer n nearer. from 11 feb to 10 feb to now 7 feb. -_-

with no 1, i didnt take the milk and the due date was fixed all the way, no change at all, until the durian episode but by then already final month liao.

heatherwhite, iselle, babypupps, it's my age. I'm way above 40! :) probably the oldest amongst you all. I've got #1 & #2 both are healthy and for #2, as I had him at 40, I did an AMNIO. Doc encouraged me to do the AMNIO to be certain, whether it is for peace of mind or if we want to terminate, but hubby and I discussed about DS and we won't kill a baby just because it is not perfect. We know the probability of OSCAR won't tell us much, so I think to do AMNIO of not is something I have to decide. My worry is to cope with the result earlier and be able to prepare the other kids and family about it or to find out during child birth and not sure at that point, if I can cope with it, with people coming to visit. Naturally if baby is DS we would be very upset and all but it is still our baby and we will love it and learn to cope with what comes with it. I'm just undecided at this point what to do.

iselle: no prob! my gynae explained tt becos durian is very high in sugar and sugar is what accelerates growth of our lil one which was y my high consumption of durians led to a growth spurt.

maybe u can try for ur #2 if u want a bigger baby. can eat now actually. cos i realise after i started drinking maternal milk, the lil one is growing very fast too. each time i go got gynae checkup, the due date will b brought nearer n nearer. from 11 feb to 10 feb to now 7 feb. -_-

with no 1, i didnt take the milk and the due date was fixed all the way, no change at all, until the durian episode but by then already final month liao.

I think i should start drinking maternal milk too as I wish my baby will come out on 9 feb. lol
I tried early like 2-3 weeks ago, i actually throw out...

Sunshinebb,
Ya, my gynea said she need to closely monitor my condition on week 20 during the detailed scan (like the blood pressure around the placenta and so on). If my blood pressure constantly high (was 150/90) then I need to go under a medication and need to deliver the baby even more earlier. She sound like there is nothing much she can do to reduce my pressure. Quite worrying on this part, my blood pressure for #1 was ok. Sob... I hope everything going on smoothly, I don't wish to have early baby. :(
Hi heatherwhite dun worry ya. I check for u this webby hv natural remedy for high blood. U can change yr diet & do some exercise & u will be fine.

http://altmedicine.about.com/cs/herbsvitaminsek/a/Hypertension_2.htm

Iselle,
I also hope my blood pressure can get under control. I am trying on celery juice now. I am trying hard to relax myself liao. Now only hope to get a good sleep everynight, but not quite possible with my 15months old girl around. Sob... I have never had a sleep through night since she is born. o_O

Miraclebaby,
I think you are already quite clear on what you will do. You will accept your baby no matter if is healthy or not. You are a great mummy! Jia you! Just go for the amnio test, and give yourself a peace of mind for the rest of your pregnancy. If not, you will keep worrying about this throughout. Don't worry, I believe you will have a healthy baby since your #1 and #2 are both normal. cheers

Jyjy, Onz...when I can't tahan anymore we can have durian date. Now although get hungry easily, but I can't eat much. If I eat a full meal, I'll feel very bloated and uncomfortable so maybe the small meals are making me hungry easily too. I've to eat small and frequent meals. So far my weight gain is minimal, hopefully the weight i gain til feb is within acceptable range and no high blood and gestational diabeties too.

Hi sis, ^5 me too. Eat small meals & many times a day. I guess it's due to our digestive system working slower den b4 preg.
I gain0.6kg as at now compare to b4 preg but tummy quite visible lo :)
Dun wan to put on too much weight too if possible cos I hv prob losing weight =="

Good Morning Feb mtb,
Oh dear, I am still figuring how this new forum thread works! I was being locked from login yesterday. :(
Seem my gynea on last Sat, no good leh... My blood pressure shoot up sky high... and my gynea is worrying on my condition.
Any mummies having high blood pressure here too? :(

Did you have your own blood pressure monitor? Some time people bp shoot up when visiting gynae/doctor.. but at home is okay..
you need to know which type you are... if you tends to spike bp during doctor/gynae visit, then need to take measurement at home to rule out high blood pressure possibility.

This happened to my wife.. bp always high ... (she always worried when visit doctor type)... So now we monitor at home every day or every 2 day as per gynae advice. Then during gynae visit, we show her the chart so gynae will know whether your bp is high or normal one

Couldn't sleep well last night...especially after the toilet break. :D I just need to get past this week which is damn intensive so I can just sleep sleep and relax over the weekend. Looking forward to long weekend next week too. Hoping to be able to have lunch by 2 pm later ;). Any ideas on what to eat? hahahah

Did you have your own blood pressure monitor? Some time people bp shoot up when visiting gynae/doctor.. but at home is okay..
you need to know which type you are... if you tends to spike bp during doctor/gynae visit, then need to take measurement at home to rule out high blood pressure possibility.

This happened to my wife.. bp always high ... (she always worried when visit doctor type)... So now we monitor at home every day or every 2 day as per gynae advice. Then during gynae visit, we show her the chart so gynae will know whether your bp is high or normal one

Sentosaubin,
Maybe I should really self measure at home. Normally what is the time your wife measure her blood pressure?

Any 2nd time mtb still carry your first one during 1st trimester? My daughter is about 10 kg now and she always wants me carry her..

heather, yup agreed with other mtbs try to relex more and if anyone like ur mom or mil abt to help u look after ur #1 and let u have more rest and also change in diet will help alot. cheer ok happy mum = happy bb

Miraclebaby, my SIL also did her amino which advise by her gyne as she was like 38yr when having her #1. during my last gyne i did book the oscar scan n we have to go for a consultation before we confirm gg for this test. so i did ask the consultant if the oscar result isn't good, then if we opt for amino what are the chances of MC. she said they will surely tell u there will be a risk of MC, not 100% safe but she also mention this test is only can be done by very senior gyne as accordingly to her, KKH only 2 gyne allow to do it so i think this will also reduce the risk.

angeline_su: my #1 is 17kg and i still carry him everyday

as long as generally ur pregnancy is problem free, should be ok. ok cos, just carry for short duration and dont over exert urself.

Crystall, wah, your #1 is 17kg and you still can carry him. Haha. Sometimes, I do feel guilty to my daughter since I'm pregnant. Because I try not to carry her as I don't know I should carry 10kg or not. Yap, now I think like you said as long as pregnancy is problem free, should be ok.

angeline, cos my #1 is super close to me as i m SAHM. then sometimes if he is cranky he wants me to carry him n he will just cuddle me.

or sometimes just to play and for fun lor. like to swing him around or something.

but always for short duration only lah. if we go out i will use stroller or ask him to walk by himself. anyway when he is outside he usually wun want me to carry anyway.

Crystall, ah.. I tink mine was small cos I low sugar intake. Same as Gwen I can't take milk now, will puke. I tink aft mid next mth I can start. Those milk r ex too!

Heather, good for u to take sentosa suggestion. I tink it happen to my gf too but it's during last mth.

My gynae told me not to carry heavy things so I gotta avoid. Oso feel guilty n sad. Sometimes cheat a bit Carry then quickly sit down so at least still can hold her close n cuddle.

Any mummies feel weird taste lingers in mouth after a meal or drink? Like a layer. But cannot describe wat taste. Drink water Oso can't flush it off.

Wow crystall, 17kg! Dun tink my 4 yr old is even 17kg! And yeah I can't manage carrying her anymore for some time already.

Hi Miraclebaby,
I guess this is a very personal choice and you have to weigh the pros and cons yourself. Just to share, my mum had my sis at 39! An unplanned child but we are Christians so we trusted that God will see us thru with this baby. Imagine I was in sec 2 and a bb sis was along the way. Shocking! Hehe. Of cos bb sis turned out v healthy n she was bb no 3. She's also taller and bigger than me. And a very witty teenager now. ;)

iselle: yup must b...cos the size on the lil one is literally based on ur sugar intake. tts y to limit his growth spurt, i was on no carbs diet cos rice n bread, etc all will convert into sugar mah. my #1 i had probs drinking maternal milk. somehow this one ok.

jacquise: haha yup...he has always been in the 90th percentile and above since birth. LOLOL he is turning 3 next week n he is already almost 1m tall. must be the milk intake...he is a milk monster! even now still drinking at least 3 servings of milk a day, sometimes 4. each time abt 250ml.

can i interrupt a bit to share good news? hee

received a call from clinic during lunch, regarding my blood test results taken during Oscar last Wed. Low risk ratio
1:23000

yay to a good Tuesday for hubby and i ;) and hopefully, all of u too!

Congrats Vee! Happi for you :)
Nice of your clinic to cal and let you have an ease of mind. Mine like playing mind game. Anything will call. If not wait for the next visit and gynae will do the explaination (which is nxt mth end ) :confused:

received a call from clinic during lunch, regarding my blood test results taken during Oscar last Wed. Low risk ratio

Congrats Vee!

congrats vee! my scan is in 2 weeks really praying hard that my risk will be low too..
and like crystall mentioned, during the scan can see baby moving.. I can't wait to see baby move.. it will be my hubby's first visit with me to see baby too. :)

btw I love durians too and just had mao shan wang ice cream.. super yummy! also I already started eating birds nest. 1 spoon every day. but yst went checkup, all normal so I guess there's no hard and fast rule to say birds nest can only be eaten in later part of pregnancy ba.

Wow crystall, 17kg! Dun tink my 4 yr old is even 17kg! And yeah I can't manage carrying her anymore for some time already.

Hi Miraclebaby,
I guess this is a very personal choice and you have to weigh the pros and cons yourself. Just to share, my mum had my sis at 39! An unplanned child but we are Christians so we trusted that God will see us thru with this baby. Imagine I was in sec 2 and a bb sis was along the way. Shocking! Hehe. Of cos bb sis turned out v healthy n she was bb no 3. She's also taller and bigger than me. And a very witty teenager now. ;)
Hi Jacquise, that's very encouraging, thanks! I should have more faith I know....I will pray for the best results for the OSCAR. We've decided to do the OSCAR first and then decide later after the results.

congrats vee! my scan is in 2 weeks really praying hard that my risk will be low too..
and like crystall mentioned, during the scan can see baby moving.. I can't wait to see baby move.. it will be my hubby's first visit with me to see baby too. :)

btw I love durians too and just had mao shan wang ice cream.. super yummy! also I already started eating birds nest. 1 spoon every day. but yst went checkup, all normal so I guess there's no hard and fast rule to say birds nest can only be eaten in later part of pregnancy ba.

thank u wan =D
yes my baby waved. i wanna say its a very expensive short thrill for us. lolx
but worth it! enjoy ur session too ya.

hi all... been away for some times, after come back dont no how to use this thread anymore...

i ate durian twice already for this pregnancy... but i think should be ok as when during my #1 i ate durian as well.

Wan, I've reservations about eating birds nest so early in pregnancy. You've not been taking it for long maybe that's why there's no significant effect on the fetus. However, if you are taking it long term, it may have negative side effects. This is my personal opinion, if you feel confident about birds nest positive effects, go ahead then ;)

vee, hahaha! that's nice! yup I paid for it in advance during my check up yst.. the scan cost me $350. not sure if that's the usual price outside or because my gynae is super ex and the scan is done at paragon medical center..

blushblush, how so? what are the negative effects? I am not sure but cos my mum bought them and she ask me to eat everyday. Maybe cos I only started eating for a week plus so no side effects so far..

if it's not good, I will stop eating and ask my hubby to finish it up

vee, hahaha! that's nice! yup I paid for it in advance during my check up yst.. the scan cost me $350. not sure if that's the usual price outside or because my gynae is super ex and the scan is done at paragon medical center..
my Oscan was $320/$350 cant remb which. plus blood test $120. taken at doctor's clinic in Mt E. take it as money well spent. ;)

hmmm my gynae didn't charge me for any additional blood test leh.. but almost every time I go, they will do some blood test for me. so not sure if there will still be additional when I go for the scan. but yup whatever money spent on baby is def worth it.

blushblush, how so? what are the negative effects? I am not sure but cos my mum bought them and she ask me to eat everyday. Maybe cos I only started eating for a week plus so no side effects so far..

if it's not good, I will stop eating and ask my hubby to finish it up

first tri is when the fetus is still developing its major organs. I feel that birds nest might be too 'liang' now for the fetus' lungs and might cos breathing problems in future or develop asthma. Besides, birds nest has no significant nutritional values. Moreover, unless u buy the birds nest from trustworthy places, the suppliers of birds nest might add bleach or coloring a to make them more attractive to buyers. So, personally, I'm not a believer in birds nest.

Yes Miraclebaby! Haf faith!!! Do e oscars first and the doc will advise from there. My Gynae also shared a story w me. This bb was believed to have Down syndrome based on Oscar results. The ratio was poor and nucheal thickness of the neck etc all points to Down syndrome. However despite the finding, the parents decided to keep the baby. Miraculously baby was born normal. I always think childbirth is very much "God given" And anything can happen beyond mortals' understanding. Every child is a gift from God. Lets keep the faith and keep our bbs in our prayers. God will do the rest.

Congrat.... so happy for you... doing mine on 7 aug.. hopefully everything goes well.

I ate the birds nest in raw form when I had no 1 (gotta pick all the damn feathers) made me cross eyed. Girl still was born w eczema and not v smooth skin. Hereditary from dad. So I'm not gonna drink it anymore :mad:

Any mummies doing their OSCAR at TMC? when will I get to know the results?
Doing OSCAR and blood test this Thursday at TMC..
Getting a lil kan cheong already...

blushblush, oh ok.. then I better stop eating now cos hubby has asthmatic cough which is inherited from his mum though I don't think his mum drank birds nest when she was having him.. but better to avoid than to have my baby suffer later on. perhaps during 3rd tri then I will take ba.
jacquise, I also have eczema so I guess my baby very likely will have.

though birds nest might not have any obvious nutritional value, it's still nice to eat so well, if somebody buys for me, I won't say no. :)

Congrats vee! Hope mine will be smooth too, I'm reaching mid 30!

Gwen I same day do Oscar as u :)

On bird nest I heard eat too much bb prone to cough n phlegm. N usu last tri eat. I tink hereditary issues depends on luck. Minor stuff ok as long As all our bb r healthy !!

Miracle bb hang in there. Many positive cases n hope u get good sleep tonight!

Congrats vee! Hope mine will be smooth too, I'm reaching mid 30!

Gwen I same day do Oscar as u :)

On bird nest I heard eat too much bb prone to cough n phlegm. N usu last tri eat. I tink hereditary issues depends on luck. Minor stuff ok as long As all our bb r healthy !!

Miracle bb hang in there. Many positive cases n hope u get good sleep tonight!

iselle, Lets pray for the best.. lol

I believe in eating anything but moderate...

wan, ya the concern about eating bird nest now is the phlegm. i guess taking in moderation is good. take it during your second tri. maybe once or twice a week will do. i dont believe in bottled bird nest. dont think is good. i personally think more like pamper the mother. hahahahahaah

eczema is really heng sway. nothing to do with what we eat ba. but my mom insist my son very fair cuz of the bird nest la...

hahaha yeah pampering ourselves.. bottled no good but nobody to help me pick the feathers and dirt out.. hahaha... yup will stop taking for now just in case. lucky left a bit only.

eczema I think is hereditary right?

Back