(2014/02) February 2014

wan, yes hereditary. but how serious also depending. i know of ppl only sinus but eczema very very bad. but others both parents also have eczema and bb condition only very mild. so it really depends.

my mom bought me a box last pregnancy, no need to pluck feather. just soak and dump into double boiler. but quite ex i think

My hub has very bad eczema. For him it's stress related. But I'm watching my diet now as advised by TCM doc to prevent my baby having eczema too. Durian is out for me and other heaty food too. Prawns, crabs are nos nos too. But I still eat a bit once in a while. If not I die lah, can't stand eating veg and fish and I'll starve to death lor.

Cos prawn is supposedly 'poisonous' especially if the dish is cooked with the prawn head. My hub said his mum ate prawn noodles almost daily during her 3rd tri cos got craving so that's why he has eczema. My TCM doc said its a possibility so I better eat that in moderation...very minimally is best.

I love prawns too. :eek: But dun tink it has anything to do with my girl's eczema. It's better now. Point being if genetically there's someone in the family who has bad skin or eczema, high probability that the child will also have it, even If the mother consumed a tonne of birds nest. And if blest with damn gd skin, no money jiak birds nest, the skin will also be flawless :p yup, asthma and eczema is related, caused by the same receptor. But no worries, breast milk can help alleviate a lot of these conditions. :D

Yah. I'm hoping breast milk is a cure all. But I would rather watch what I eat now too rather than regret later. Everything in moderation.

blushblush, I read that fish can only be eaten in moderation leh.. same with prawns cos all seafood contain some form of mercury and should only be taken twice a week with 1 serving each time. and must completely avoid fish like blue fin tuna, stingray, grouper and all the big and predatory fishes, and crabs too. can only eat salmon, cod, sardines, threadfin and small fishes, prawns and oysters also can, twice a week. though fish provides omega 3 and dha but the mercury can cause brain issues too.

so much restrictions on food till I really wanna surrender ah.. so I keep to eating chicken, pork and beef.. and twice a week can eat a bit of prawns and fish.

Wan. U are right. Seafood such as fish is also restricted. I can't really take chicken cos of hormones, I don't really like pork so I've been eating beef and too much beef also heaty. Hiaz.... Really don't know what to eat. So tell myself moderation. Don't think too much.

wow.. then im in a better situation than you.. at least got more meat choices.. if heaty, drink more water and occasionally barley?

i was told by my tcm doc dont take barley esp in first tri. so i have been abstaining. 4 things she said - watermelon, barley, bitter gourd and pineapple i think

i was told by my tcm doc dont take barley esp in first tri. so i have been abstaining. 4 things she said - watermelon, barley, bitter gourd and pineapple i think

I've to avoid barley too. I like to drink chrysanthemum tea and when I asked my TCM doc if can, she discourages it too.

im still having block nose for nearly 1 week, already feeling so breathless now worst, don't dare to eat medicine and let it self recover.

Wan. U are right. Seafood such as fish is also restricted. I can't really take chicken cos of hormones, I don't really like pork so I've been eating beef and too much beef also heaty. Hiaz.... Really don't know what to eat. So tell myself moderation. Don't think too much.
Hi sis, we hv the same dilemma. I can't take chicken like u too due to tcm. So I eat fish nearly everyday. Dinner is salmon, lunch is salmon or those fish soup I dunno wat fish >< I take beef & pork as well. Mb we can go for soy or bean product for protein.

im still having block nose for nearly 1 week, already feeling so breathless now worst, don't dare to eat medicine and let it self recover.
Sunshinebb u can try eucalyptus oil & inhale in warm water to ease your block nose. It's recommended for preg mtb. Hope it helps :)

lerainbow, u very funny. I ate a bit of peanuts too..couldn't resist. Think barley u should stop drinking.

jyjy, i couldnt stand the thought of eating fish. It's really THINKING about fish that puts me off but if you put a plate of salmon or any fish on table and ask me to eat, i can eat. So weird right. Thankfully, I LUV beef especially steak but now must eat it 'well done'. Heard from don't know where if want boy or expecting boy, soy bean based products cannot eat too much...don't know if it's true.

lerainbow, u very funny. I ate a bit of peanuts too..couldn't resist. Think barley u should stop drinking.

jyjy, i couldnt stand the thought of eating fish. It's really THINKING about fish that puts me off but if you put a plate of salmon or any fish on table and ask me to eat, i can eat. So weird right. Thankfully, I LUV beef especially steak but now must eat it 'well done'. Heard from don't know where if want boy or expecting boy, soy bean based products cannot eat too much...don't know if it's true.
blush blush, maybe u expecting boy le. hahahahha i ate a lot of beef while i was pregnant with my son. and the thing is, i dont even beef before this.

they say eat fish everyday is good. more milk next time. but i see fish i turn off. i see meat i turn off.

I heard from my gf if one start taking alot of meat and salty food will preg with boy.
and those that's taking sweets stuff and vege will be girl...

dont know how true... as im taking both. lol

I want boy my DH want girl. So both also ok as long as healthy & chubby ^^
Bopian eat fish cos need protein. Other meat I only eat if lean. Chicken sometimes I play cheat & eat abit Taiwan chicken chop xp

Hi all mummies!

My edd is in 9/2.... Tis is gonna b #2...

Anyone hving bad headaches like migraine? Its always @ 1 nagging spot.... N recently it switch to another side..... Nvr had tis wif my #1.....

Took e white panadol but doesnt help...... Really duno wat to do....

I b delivering at gleneagles... Using back e same gynae...

For a long while till last weekend, my bb reject pork. sweet and sour pork, kong bak pao, bak tu teh even bak kwa! all tried and rejected.
And ppl were saying im expecting a halal baby. lolxo_O

I heard from my gf if one start taking alot of meat and salty food will preg with boy.
and those that's taking sweets stuff and vege will be girl...

dont know how true... as im taking both. lol

I'm taking lots of beef and like really salty & spicy stuff. Hates veg (since b4 preggie) and hasn't had much craving for sweet stuff unlike before preggie got huge sweet tooth. Anyway, just hope to have healthy baby. I don't mind either girl or boy, hub feels the same. :)

can take zyrtec. i check with gynae liao. i also kena block nose last week
I'm on Zyrtec almost everyday due to my skin prob... But after preggy, my gynae adv me to stop Zyrtec as it may affect the development of penis if bb is a boy..... If bb is a gal, then it's alrite to take Zyrtec. That's y i stop until i know the sex of bb....

For a long while till last weekend, my bb reject pork. sweet and sour pork, kong bak pao, bak tu teh even bak kwa! all tried and rejected.
And ppl were saying im expecting a halal baby. lolxo_O
hahah..you are so funny.
this pregnancy the food i'm eating is quite different from my 1st one...lets see if the sweet and salty is true to the gender...

how come cannot take barley or chrystamum tea?

Im gg for my oscar scan tmr.. so excited! last scan was done like 2 weeks ago.. miss seeing the lil one...

hi Mummy, i have a new set of Avent warmer and sterilizer which my friend just gave to me as gift but i have already purchase already. so thinking to sell to any mummy who haven bought it. please sms me for the photo if you want to take a look and also offer me the price. i just want to clear the item only. you can message me at 91994192

Vee - ur frens so funee.. Certain pork I can't take. Those hv v strong pork smell I can't even put in my mouth.

Blush! I like primes deli peanut waffle too. Juz asked hubby bought for me ytd. Yummy... I tried to avoid la but reali running out of food choices n tat is like comfort food. Last x I din know n ate peanuts too, n all types of nuts like almonds n walnuts. Luckily bb is fine. I tink more of hereditary for peanut allergy ba. N it seems more for Caucasians.

Mummy mode, envy! Ur scans r so close to each other n means u ending first tri soon. Jiayou! Hope ur ms go away!

All of us can read mandarin here? On barley, it'll stimulate the uterus n hence may cause contractions. Dun hv chrysanthemum woa, maybe on a case by case basis?
薏米是一种药食同源之物,中医认为其质滑利。药理实验证明,薏仁对子宫平滑肌有兴奋作用,可促使子宫收缩,因而有诱发流产的可能.

Sry a bit Cheena here. Cos this type I feel Chinese china website hv more accurate info. Western all tell us all can eat juz moderation, like my gynae. From website http://yq.wybbao.com/2647960.html.

Haha like many things that cannot be eaten...but I'm sure I ate most of them, else like nothing much to eat cept veg. o_O And I have been eating pineapple occasionally since I was pregnant...got major craving for it when I dun even eat it normally. Think just eat everything in moderation? N I dunno if it is me.. I find chicken tasteless especially while pregnant. Even fried chicken doesn't have much appeal. :confused:

thanks iselle!! barley n chrysanthemum tea have been my 2 comfort drinks during preg.. thanks alot for sharing.. i need to go find something else to drink in replacement :)

unfortunately, my ms still quite bad.. i blame the duphaston seriously.. still lots vomitting n headaches occasionally.. hoping it will turn for the better when i start tri 2.

Yes Miraclebaby! Haf faith!!! Do e oscars first and the doc will advise from there. My Gynae also shared a story w me. This bb was believed to have Down syndrome based on Oscar results. The ratio was poor and nucheal thickness of the neck etc all points to Down syndrome. However despite the finding, the parents decided to keep the baby. Miraculously baby was born normal. I always think childbirth is very much "God given" And anything can happen beyond mortals' understanding. Every child is a gift from God. Lets keep the faith and keep our bbs in our prayers. God will do the rest.
Thanks Jacquise. I did the scan today and the blood test. Although the sonographer was very friendly and nice, she wouldnt commit to telling me ANYTHING at all. She just smiled and smiled and made jokes. I asked if she could tell if it's normal etc and she say can't tell until combine with blood test etc. She took measurement of the nose bone and NT. I asked her what was the NT measurement but she wouldn't reply! gosh. It looked very slimmed though as she say it was difficult to take the measurement as baby was moving quite a bit. In the end we did not get an idea at all how it went. lol....spoke to the counter later and they say to check with my gynae tomorrow.

Any mummies doing their OSCAR at TMC? when will I get to know the results?
Doing OSCAR and blood test this Thursday at TMC..
Getting a lil kan cheong already...
Hi Lilonesmummy, I just did mine today and asked when the result, at first the lady say a few days and I said hmm I thought it was immediate and she say to call my gynae the next day. So maybe I'll give gynae a call tomorrow and see if they have sent the results back to his clinic. Good luck with yours on Thursday!

[quote="lerainbow, post: 51185member:for a long while till last weekend, my bb reject pork. sweet and sour pork, kong bak pao, bak tu teh even bak kwa! all tried and rejected.
And ppl were saying im expecting a halal baby. lolxo_O[/quote]

Lolz... actually I dont take pork at all but my baby does....

Thanks Jacquise. I did the scan today and the blood test. Although the sonographer was very friendly and nice, she wouldnt commit to telling me ANYTHING at all. She just smiled and smiled and made jokes. I asked if she could tell if it's normal etc and she say can't tell until combine with blood test etc. She took measurement of the nose bone and NT. I asked her what was the NT measurement but she wouldn't reply! gosh. It looked very slimmed though as she say it was difficult to take the measurement as baby was moving quite a bit. In the end we did not get an idea at all how it went. lol....spoke to the counter later and they say to check with my gynae tomorrow.

Ya usually the sonographer won't commit anything. I told dr not doing Oscar, in the end doing NT scan on 13th week. $290! Like not much diff from oscars. Just that no blood test. Thank God bb was all well and moving around n waving during the scan. I had a scare that my BP was borderline high. But I guess I was just too nervous that my BP shot up. Bot a BP Mach for $100 then measured at home n realized its optimal. :confused:

Miraclebaby, all the best! I tink immediate results r those whose gynae took the measurements? Eg I dun need separate sonographer and all done at doc clinic n the measurements he analyzed on the spot for my previous. Blood test however within a wk.

Jac, so nice tat ur bb is waving at u hee..

Reali running outta things to eat... Wat are you MTb munching on? I had packets of dried apricots, prunes, crackers, Marie biscuits. Getting sick of all these. Meals Oso. Almost tried all restaurants ard my hse. The rest not appetizing leh..

Iselle just eat wat u wanna eat! Why restrict yourself?
Hehe. I think second time mummies rather Bo chup already. Or am I only one? I had sashimi, seafood, barley etc. heh. Oh, I asked hubby to secretly video the ultrasound. My $40 so worth it. :)

Jac, the thing is... I've no appetite!! But ur sashimi sounds good thou. Hee.. N I juz tot of fried oyster cake n char kway teow. Hmm.. Maybe fri I can go for supper. Any other food suggestions??

Good idea to video insecret! Ill ask hubby try next scan!

Back