(2014/02) February 2014

crystall, same case as us. too engross in watching baby wave that we forgot to take video. the next thing we know, doctor say done! :(

blushblush, same. nowadays every meal got spicy food. teehee

I have no cravings as well. Mayb my craves are what I ate during my lunch time.

Maybe we will have durians crave soon... It's the season to eat now!

Crystall, ur bb very cooperative leh, remember during #1 time , my boy keep turning and dun keep still so the sonographer send me out to take a walk 2x total i took about 2hr+ to complete the scan.

I have no cravings as well. Mayb my craves are what I ate during my lunch time.

Maybe we will have durians crave soon... It's the season to eat now!
hubby hates durian. when we were still staying with his parents, he gets angry if somebody buys it home.
im hoping for the day he tells me lets go eat durian. lol

I LOVE durians but I tahan, don't eat. Last week my parents and hub ate until so shiok and I've to hide in my room. Hub ate and got too heaty and started coughing. Serves him right o_O

cheeryz: i think this is called too tired...anywhere also can zzz...few secs later I wake up and crawl back to bed :p

jyjy: yeah...here finally when I have a short break...haha...super bo eng today...looking fwd to KO!

I dun have much cravings too. Still like what I usually eat and dislike what I dislike before though I heard of pple who suddenly develop a taste for something different. now snacking on nuts...*nom nom*

I just went for my second scan last Thu, bb is growing and we could hear bb heart bear. Blood test was fine and normal too.
So happy as we were really really nervous.
Going for oscar this Thu and will see gynae again next wk for results. Can't wait for first tri to be over as we have yet to tell our families. So far only my mum and manager know

i did! he ignored me.

he finally got me durian puff last week after seeing lil beanie waving at us. he say he's happy so we deserve durian puff. o_O
so the saying "no fish, prawns also good la" lolx

belle, post: 5111683, member: 388"]I LOVE durians but I tahan, don't eat. Last week mybeil and hub until so shiok and I've to hide in my room. Hub ate and got too heaty and started coughing. Serves him right o_O[/quote]

BlushBlush, my MIL encourages me to eat. Say good for mummy and bb. Bb come out big will be easier to take care. But of coz not too big... hee...

Cherryz I agree. If too big v hard to push out leh!

I Oso no cravings n dunno wat to eat. Din realise its durian season till dad bought some back. I ate a few seeds haha. If puke the pure lor, est 1st haha.

Ya the clarins oil is the huile tonic. But better to use in 2nd tri cos it has some essential oils.

Another day ending, another day closer to Oscar. Pls let it be faster!

Oh any mummies has dried blood in their nose mucus? Is tis a sign of heaty or common in pregnancy??

belle, post: 5111683, member: 388"]I LOVE durians but I tahan, don't eat. Last week mybeil and hub until so shiok and I've to hide in my room. Hub ate and got too heaty and started coughing. Serves him right o_O

BlushBlush, my MIL encourages me to eat. Say good for mummy and bb. Bb come out big will be easier to take care. But of coz not too big... hee...[/quote]

CheeryZ. Both my gynae and TCM doc said cannot eat leh. But hor I'll see how long I can tahan, one day I can't tahan anymore I might go buy and eat.

Iselle. Yah. I can't wait for my NT scan this Friday. Can't wait for first tri to be over!

Vee! Same same, my hubby also dislike durian. He will nag whenever we buy durian and kept in fridge due to the smell.

Now he's in reservist, my PIL make use of his absence period keep on buying durian... hahahaha
My hubby is also on reservist this week so I'm all alone , down with flu n taking care of my #1 who has been down with high fever . So tiring!

BlushBlush, my MIL encourages me to eat. Say good for mummy and bb. Bb come out big will be easier to take care. But of coz not too big... hee...

CheeryZ. Both my gynae and TCM doc said cannot eat leh. But hor I'll see how long I can tahan, one day I can't tahan anymore I might go buy and eat.

Iselle. Yah. I can't wait for my NT scan this Friday. Can't wait for first tri to be over![/quote]
My nt scan is this fri too. Time seem to pass so slowly.... My frens all like placing bet on the gender n all got their own theory

Haha my DH also dun allow me to eat. End up my mum buy me 1 & I ate the whole durian wo my DH consent. Den confess after he come back. Dunno cant eat but think dun to high sugar content. Beta control :x
But it's nice to hv cravings satisfied. Haha.

mykonos. can see gender during NT scan?

jyjy. now u are also adding on to my already increasing durian craving after reading all the 'durian posts' here. sigh. ..I must persevere! hahahahah think eat durian can't hide cos got durian breath, burp also got smell. definitely must confess after eating.

y cannot eat durians leh?

i only know tt it will cause the baby to b v big if eat too many cos of the high sugar content cos tt was exactly what happened with my #1 but any other reasons?

mykonos. can see gender during NT scan?

jyjy. now u are also adding on to my already increasing durian craving after reading all the 'durian posts' here. sigh. ..I must persevere! hahahahah think eat durian can't hide cos got durian breath, burp also got smell. definitely must confess after eating.

Haha blushblush I date u for durian 1wkend & we eat behind our DH la since we live in northeast. Can go hougang or kovan. I'm a 损友 :p
Crystal I guess mb preggy mtb body temp higher so easily get heaty den can't eat med so beta to control but eat in moderation shd be ok. Also I heard preggy easily get high blood sugar so muz ctrl our sugar intake.

Jan, ooh.. I tink v true! Mine on left. Oki, I tot I too heaty. Thx thx.

Crystall how much durian u ate previously n how heavy is ur 1st? Mine v small, hope I can eat the right amt to beef it up tis time haha.

my #1 was growing at a normal rate until durian season in july. then i was abt week 30+ (DS was born in Aug)

my dad bought durians every other day cos my whole family r durian lovers and i ate at least 5 to 6 seeds each round, mayb more for 2 weeks continuously.

subsequent check-ups after tt showed the lil one suddenly becoming very big until my gynae was very concerned as i wanted a natural birth and he was afraid tt baby will be too big. in the end i was on a no carbs no durians diet until baby was born to minimise sugar intake and slow down the growth rate. in fact, due to this diet, i lost some weight in the last 2 weeks of my pregnancy.

when DS was born, he was 3.51kg. had i continue to eat durians, my gynae said tt 4kg n above would have been possible and i would need to go for c-sect.

Hi everyone, EDD was 8 Feb but somehow today went for 12wk scan saw that doc changed it to 5 Feb....so strange. Gonna be a C-sect so may end up a Jan baby?! Is an FB site set-up yet? This new interface is very strange, I am lost as to who is who now.... haven't been here for a while as well.

Vee, its hulie tonic....

Patl, mine supposed to be 17feb. Then 13feb and now 12feb! Have been drinking fresh milk everyday and had stop since my bb growing very fast.

You may Drop Vee ur email address for facebook invites. Seeya!

Last edited:
Hi Cheeryz, so did your gynae say it will change as baby grows? hehe, I only noticed when I got home and didn't get to ask him.

Hi Vee, my email address is [email protected] for FB, pls add me! Thanks.....

me too! supposed to be EDD 11 feb...after scan last friday dr told me bring forward to 7 Feb

i think it is becos i had been drinking frisomum every morning so will drink only alternate days now cos i want my lil one to be born after CNY too. i want a horse baby!

hit mtbs.. good morning.. may i know wat do pre-natal medical expenses include if we were to claim from medisave? Thanks in advance!

Good morning mummies!
Feeling awful today.... Bad headache and bodyache :( Guess din have a good night sleep again.
Anyone can adv how to have better sleep at night? I'm a light sleeper and always took a long time to fall bak to sleep again aft waking up to toilet.

Vee, its hulie tonic....

Patl, mine supposed to be 17feb. Then 13feb and now 12feb! Have been drinking fresh milk everyday and had stop since my bb growing very fast.

You may Drop Vee ur email address for facebook invites. Seeya!

Thanks Cherryz!

Good Morning Feb mtb,
Oh dear, I am still figuring how this new forum thread works! I was being locked from login yesterday. :(
Seem my gynea on last Sat, no good leh... My blood pressure shoot up sky high... and my gynea is worrying on my condition.
Any mummies having high blood pressure here too? :(

hi morning all mtbs, how everyone today?

I also didn't sleep well last night, my boy having high fever so have to wake up 2hr interval to check on him and also as usual feeding of medicine is a headache, lucky his fever went down. Though to take leve but didn't cos next week i will be out of office for the whole week so think better save some leave.

hi heather, i have mummy friend fr the previous smh, she also have high blood issue before pregnant so her gyne is very concern about her and
actually mummy with high blood usually gyne will ask u to deliver earlier like 36weeks, maybe u can double check with your gyne.

seems like many of us had a bad night last nite

i woke up at 5am+ to pee...was wide awake and hungry after tt. LOL in the end made myself a cup of warm milk n finally fell asleep again ard 7am

then i woke up and now having an achy neck. ZZZZZ

Sunshinebb,
Ya, my gynea said she need to closely monitor my condition on week 20 during the detailed scan (like the blood pressure around the placenta and so on). If my blood pressure constantly high (was 150/90) then I need to go under a medication and need to deliver the baby even more earlier. She sound like there is nothing much she can do to reduce my pressure. Quite worrying on this part, my blood pressure for #1 was ok. Sob... I hope everything going on smoothly, I don't wish to have early baby. :(

Haha blushblush I date u for durian 1wkend & we eat behind our DH la since we live in northeast. Can go hougang or kovan. I'm a 损友 :p
Crystal I guess mb preggy mtb body temp higher so easily get heaty den can't eat med so beta to control but eat in moderation shd be ok. Also I heard preggy easily get high blood sugar so muz ctrl our sugar intake.

Jyjy, Onz...when I can't tahan anymore we can have durian date. Now although get hungry easily, but I can't eat much. If I eat a full meal, I'll feel very bloated and uncomfortable so maybe the small meals are making me hungry easily too. I've to eat small and frequent meals. So far my weight gain is minimal, hopefully the weight i gain til feb is within acceptable range and no high blood and gestational diabeties too.

Couldnt sleep all night worrying about whether or not to do AMNIO or OSCAR.....is anyone headed towards AMNIO? Thinking about Down Syndrome and all that.....worried.

Miraclebaby,
Why you think of taking Amnio? I heard there is a chance of MC, and it is not recommended if you are below 35 if I remember correctly. You may talk with your gynea to see if it is necessary? I will be doing Oscar on week 11 as suggested by my gynea, actually thinking to opt out. But my hb prefer to do for a peace of mind.

Crystall thanks for sharing. Wow din know durian reali has such an impact.

Patl, usu do Oscar and if high risk then amnio. Did ur gynae ask u choose 1?

Heather white, is there any food u shd avoid or eat to lower the pressure? Or u too stress at work? Maybe the pressure will go down later, dun worry too Much, relax so pressure can go down.

Couldnt sleep all night worrying about whether or not to do AMNIO or OSCAR.....is anyone headed towards AMNIO? Thinking about Down Syndrome and all that.....worried.

Miraclebaby43, me too very worried about the oscar i done last sat. Hope everything turns out well and good. Due to my age, gynae adv me to do oscar first.

MTBs, another hurdle to cross in next 3 weeks is whether or not to do an AMNIO or not, to test for Down Syndrome. Can I get any of your opinion if you are having a baby and possibility of DS, how would you handle? I'm not into aborting the baby since it would already be 4 mths old by the time the AMNIO is done, so not sure if taking the risk of AMNIO just to know for sure is worth the chance? It's something that's bothering me quite badly and I can't sleep at night just thinking about it since I have to make a decision these few days whether to do an OSCAR or AMNIO. :-( some opinion, encouragement would help?

Miraclebaby43,

I understand your feeling; in fact all the mummies here are facing the same dilemma as you facing now. Some are firm and they opt out for doing any DS test.
Hmn... it is really up to individual on whether to keep the baby of having possibile DS. It is rather cruel to even think about it. Just follow your mother instinct ok? If I were you, I will go for oscar first. It is the first line assessment on the possibility of having DS baby or not. If unfortunately fall under the high risk, then will further going for Amnio test to further evaluate the possibility.

Don't worry too much on the uncertain problem. There are tons of things we need to worry throughout our pregnancy. Stay positive ok. Cheers... :)

Back