(2014/01) January 2014

That's after 1hr or the 2 hr blood test? Did ur doc send u to HBA1C test after ur high mmol/L report? I pass that test but doc wants me to change my diet for the future health of my baby and me

That was after 2 hr blood test. No, my doc didn't send me for any other test after that, just asked me to follow the GDM diet and fill up a table for 2 consecutive days to monitor my glucose level before and after each meal.

I failed my GD test badly, 11.3 mmol/L!!

gosh...this friday my turn...really scare fail the test :(

That's after 1hr or the 2 hr blood test? Did ur doc send u to HBA1C test after ur high mmol/L report? I pass that test but doc wants me to change my diet for the future health of my baby and me

How come u still need to follow the diet....any reason besides future health of u & bb as it will it make an impact if din follow?

My test is next next week. Hope my sugar level won't be too high :(
I recently bought a stroller and a baby bag! :D love love it!

Good luck!

Just wonder did u guys drink or eat sweet stuff before the urine test when go for routine prenatal check up? I always restrained myself from drinking and eating sweet stuff, hence always -ve for blood sugar urine test.

anyone took up maternity photo package with firefly photo shoot? I tempted to try their glow studio...

Just wonder did u guys drink or eat sweet stuff before the urine test when go for routine prenatal check up? I always restrained myself from drinking and eating sweet stuff, hence always -ve for blood sugar urine test.

anyone took up maternity photo package with firefly photo shoot? I tempted to try their glow studio...

I just eat as i normally do. so if breakfast is nutella and bread, i'll just eat. or drink teh as normal too

icic...me also will eat as per normal stuff like my usual bread & biscuits and coffee 2 in 1 type. Will avoid high sugar food.

Actually me too... I always avoid sweet food and drinks, and stick on healthy food. But I quite like milo kosong and horlicks kosong and 3-in-1 drinks like spirullina cereal low sugar type, but i limit to only 1 per day. Even carbo food like rice/yellow noodle I'm also taking not much, always choose mee hoon/kue tiaw instead.

Really have no idea how come i failed the test so badly...

Is it because my body is not used to high sugar food, that's why it can't process well when suddenly infused with such high sugar content? :(

Actually me too... I always avoid sweet food and drinks, and stick on healthy food. But I quite like milo kosong and horlicks kosong and 3-in-1 drinks like spirullina cereal low sugar type, but i limit to only 1 per day. Even carbo food like rice/yellow noodle I'm also taking not much, always choose mee hoon/kue tiaw instead.

Is it because my body is not used to high sugar food, that's why it can't process well when suddenly infused with such high sugar content? :(

my fren like u also failed and she eat rather healthy...i think i will be the same boat as u. Coz i like u will avoid and if really eat, i will try not to eat too much. Do u eat alot of biscuits, kueh kueh and fruits?

did u check with your gynae? Btw ur family has high sugar?

esthergal, not our fault..just tat our body cannot cope with so many hormones....including ours and the placenta.....which is why the sugars not properly dealt with..just hv to change our diet...no milo kosong as well....

my fren like u also failed and she eat rather healthy...i think i will be the same boat as u. Coz i like u will avoid and if really eat, i will try not to eat too much. Do u eat alot of biscuits, kueh kueh and fruits?

Yes, I do like biscuit and eat lots of fruits. But biscuit I normally eat those healthier types like multigrain, jacob's weetameal, digestive biscuit. Cakes I also eat sparingly. I think I need to cut down on fruits though :D

How abt u?

did u check with your gynae? Btw ur family has high sugar?

Yes, I did check with my gynae. He asked me to eat as per normal and measure my glucose level after each meal. If it is within normal range, there is no need to change my diet.

In fact I have been careful as my dad who is in his 60s has mild diabetes.

esthergal, not our fault..just tat our body cannot cope with so many hormones....including ours and the placenta.....which is why the sugars not properly dealt with..just hv to change our diet...no milo kosong as well....

Yeah... I agree with you. My gynae said that too, "not your fault" :)

That was after 2 hr blood test. No, my doc didn't send me for any other test after that, just asked me to follow the GDM diet and fill up a table for 2 consecutive days to monitor my glucose level before and after each meal.
Hope ur level will be alright asap. For me the very next day he sent me for a diabetes blood test n I pass that. That day n the next I gotta prick myself 7 times to monitor n note down exactly what I ate. Luckily still not too bad. Now is to monitor 3 day over tis week n still 7 times per day. He didn't give me the diet plan just give me a list which states the GI level of some food.

gosh...this friday my turn...really scare fail the test :(

How come u still need to follow the diet....any reason besides future health of u & bb as it will it make an impact if din follow?

Good luck!
This is to prevent fluctuation of glucose which will affect baby and whatever we eat now affects the baby eating behaviors in future. The doc said it's not the level that matters It's the fluctuations. Anyway sugar n processed food r man-made not natural

My urine test all pass. It's the glucose test which the nurse will give a big bottle of concentrated orange syrup water. Think I avoid too much previously n now cannot escape. I even ask the nurse if I can dont drink the whole bottle. fYI my weight gain is good n I not fat. My doc also shocked.

Hee according to my diet monitor. Mee hoon kueh n diary pdt r my killer. Ya doc suspect I got glucose intolerant which I am aware cos I always don't feel good eating too sweet esp on empty stomach. He said we r lucky to find out early rather than continue to poison ourselves

This is to prevent fluctuation of glucose which will affect baby and whatever we eat now affects the baby eating behaviors in future. The doc said it's not the level that matters It's the fluctuations. Anyway sugar n processed food r man-made not natural

But how some do not need to take the test? Isn't it better to make it mandatory since it good for u and bb.

My urine test all pass. It's the glucose test which the nurse will give a big bottle of concentrated orange syrup water. Think I avoid too much previously n now cannot escape. I even ask the nurse if I can dont drink the whole bottle. fYI my weight gain is good n I not fat. My doc also shocked.

Well guess it all boil down to our hormone right as my blood & urine sugar test always pass (i took health screening yearly). I heard that chances we will get diabetes in the future if we did not pass the test so those will need to retake it again after birth or yrs later. I heard from my nurse that must finish the whole bottle...but can we drink lot of water after that coz i dunthink i will feel good...imagine hv to wait 2 hours with an empty stomach! Did u pass the test and how did u score?

Hee according to my diet monitor. Mee hoon kueh n diary pdt r my killer. Ya doc suspect I got glucose intolerant which I am aware cos I always don't feel good eating too sweet esp on empty stomach. He said we r lucky to find out early rather than continue to poison ourselves

What type of diary pdt u refering? Can you take natural sweetner for glucose intolerant?

Morning mummies. My Gynae says I don't need to take GD test. Say he don't c the need for me to take. I eat a lot of sweet stuff so am a tad bit worried. Wah, last night I first time Kenna leg cramp. Pain dao!!!! Excruciating pain n I shouted for my dh to wake up in the middle of the night. Scare die him he said. Kekekeke

Morning mummies. My Gynae says I don't need to take GD test. Say he don't c the need for me to take. I eat a lot of sweet stuff so am a tad bit worried. Wah, last night I first time Kenna leg cramp. Pain dao!!!! Excruciating pain n I shouted for my dh to wake up in the middle of the night. Scare die him he said. Kekekeke

really depend on gynae too..but once hit 35 must take leh like me. i dun really fancy very sweet things but will still eat as i like pastries stuff. I hv feeling that i may not pass the test :( I got calf cramp too...yes pain but still bearable lah...hee

really depend on gynae too..but once hit 35 must take leh like me. i dun really fancy very sweet things but will still eat as i like pastries stuff. I hv feeling that i may not pass the test :( I got calf cramp too...yes pain but still bearable lah...hee
ya depends on gynae..but once reach 35 doc will arrange...pyng, I am also like you...hehee

I dun really take much sweet things also.....but no choice since our hormones not working well.....jia you! dun worry..who knows you might pass....

GBOB, wa so good no need to take the GD test.....ouch..seems so painful......hope it dun come often.

GBOB wah..good ah! I better check with my gynae too. Leg cramps are painful indeed ,but if quickly bend back normally wont be painful for too long.

hello~~~ GBOB: ur 1st time encounter?? u just have to keep calm although it's so so so so so so so pain~ for that 30secs seems like 3mins like that.. aft the cramp, the calf ache for few days..

Aiyo, so poor thing... What the cause of leg cramp? Is it due to water retention? incorrect sleep position?

Hi everyone! I'm new here...can't wait for Jan to come though I haven't really done much prep... =p

Welcome Jing Han! When is EDD?

But how some do not need to take the test? Isn't it better to make it mandatory since it good for u and bb.

Well guess it all boil down to our hormone right as my blood & urine sugar test always pass (i took health screening yearly). I heard that chances we will get diabetes in the future if we did not pass the test so those will need to retake it again after birth or yrs later. I heard from my nurse that must finish the whole bottle...but can we drink lot of water after that coz i dunthink i will feel good...imagine hv to wait 2 hours with an empty stomach! Did u pass the test and how did u score?

What type of diary pdt u refering? Can you take natural sweetner for glucose intolerant?
The nurse said can only drink half a glass of water if I really need. Dairy Pdt like cheese, cream etc. Natural sweetener like honey ? Honey also cannot take much

Yesterday night my right calf also cramp I tried to flex n straighten but instead pulled by stomach muscle , really scared hurt baby

hello~~~ GBOB: ur 1st time encounter?? u just have to keep calm although it's so so so so so so so pain~ for that 30secs seems like 3mins like that.. aft the cramp, the calf ache for few days..
Ya lor. First encounter. Didn't expect the pain to be that pain!! Lolx

actually milo and horlicks are all VERY VERY high in sugar. And releases energy into your bloodstream very quickly. U need to look at eating those low GI foods which will release sugar slowly so that your body has enough time to release enough insulin to process the sugar. :)

Hey Mummies, if you got time can try out this free Pilates Workout session with your hubbies.
smile.png
It's from Pilates Fitness for the launch of their new Prenatal Pilates Class. I tried it and think it's kinda cool... will be going starting November more regularly till December when I give birth. I hope it helps!

Details & Sign Up: http://tinyurl.com/n2759ou

Yes, I do like biscuit and eat lots of fruits. But biscuit I normally eat those healthier types like multigrain, jacob's weetameal, digestive biscuit. Cakes I also eat sparingly. I think I need to cut down on fruits though :D

How abt u?

Same as u i like biscuits & will choose those healthier type...actually biscuit is not a healthy snack, however i still eat daily :( Fruits is good but has natural high sugar content...pick those less sweet type. I dun really like fruits but i still eat after dinner as it help in passing motion.

hi & welcome Jing Han

The nurse said can only drink half a glass of water if I really need. Dairy Pdt like cheese, cream etc. Natural sweetener like honey ? Honey also cannot take much

Huh...only half glass water :( Then before we go for blood test, can drink 1 to 2 glass of water? Is there any urine test involved for this GD? Natural sweetener like Stevia & Xylitol? Not sure is maltitol a good alternative as i often saw this been used in certain products suitable for diabetes. Ya honey though natural is still high in sugar so hv to control the portion.

hmm.. like this abit worried lei.. i also take a lot of sweet stuff... but BabyGN experience.. seems like there is also slight possibility?
going to see my doc this weekend. will see what he says.

anyone has the tummy area skin turning mild red after bathing? wonder was the skin too thin n sensitive or what.. since this week i realised the pinkish tone all over the tummy area after showering.
could it be my stretchmark lotion not strong enough.. previously was using the palmer stretchmark lotion. but i felt too thick and sticky. plus dont really like cocoa butter smell.
after finished that bottle, now i started using the palmer strechmark milk spray. this has a slight node of lavender smell and also lighter.. so i quite like it.
but wondering is this not strong enough.. or something inside is causing sensitive skin.
it only happens after bath though..
anyone has this as well?

Same as u i like biscuits & will choose those healthier type...actually biscuit is not a healthy snack, however i still eat daily :( Fruits is good but has natural high sugar content...pick those less sweet type. I dun really like fruits but i still eat after dinner as it help in passing motion.

Huh...only half glass water :( Then before we go for blood test, can drink 1 to 2 glass of water? Is there any urine test involved for this GD? Natural sweetener like Stevia & Xylitol? Not sure is maltitol a good alternative as i often saw this been used in certain products suitable for diabetes. Ya honey though natural is still high in sugar so hv to control the portion.

no milo n Horlicks for pple with GD... not even kosong type........honey as well.....biscuits can only take those wheat or high fibre type.....fruits hv to be selective....definitely durians are not allowed......

hmm.. like this abit worried lei.. i also take a lot of sweet stuff... but BabyGN experience.. seems like there is also slight possibility?

anyone has the tummy area skin turning mild red after bathing? wonder was the skin too thin n sensitive or what.. since this week i realised the pinkish tone all over the tummy area after showering.
could it be my stretchmark lotion not strong enough.. previously was using the palmer stretchmark lotion. but i felt too thick and sticky. plus dont really like cocoa butter smell.
after finished that bottle, now i started using the palmer strechmark milk spray. this has a slight node of lavender smell and also lighter.. so i quite like it.
but wondering is this not strong enough.. or something inside is causing sensitive skin.
anyone has this as well?

hi sherlly, think most prob the skin is stretching ba...recently my skin keeps itching...dun worry about the diabetes...your doc will see as necessary..some women dun hv it.....if u hv yeast infection, there might be a possibility of gestational diabetes...

Hi all! Thank you for the warm welcome! :))

Like most of you, I'm also very worried about my upcoming blood test for diabetes! Gonna take it in early Nov! I'm worried for the results and also very scared of pain... =S

hi & welcome Jing Han

My obstetrician nurse said no water fr midnight before the test.

no milo n Horlicks for pple with GD... not even kosong type........honey as well.....biscuits can only take those wheat or high fibre type.....fruits hv to be selective....definitely durians are not allowed......

very sian if hv GD...can't even hv biscuits & sweet things...gosh hope i pass this friday.

anyone has this as well?

If u not doing the test, dun worry too much. Yes i have the patch of red after bath...not sure why.

My obstetrician nurse said no water fr midnight before the test.

There is a note attached in my form that a glass of water is allowed before the test. And no food and drinks is allowed before completion of OGTT.

Yesterday night my right calf also cramp I tried to flex n straighten but instead pulled by stomach muscle , really scared hurt baby

Btw for all mummies who are experiencing calf cramps at night, immediately flex your feet and it will go away IMMEDIATELY. Its very miraculous! I tried it so many times and prevented many many painful calf cramps ever since!!!

Back