(2014/01) January 2014

thanks both.. finished my 5 days course of antibiotics. the cough finally seems to recover. as in i dont wake up in the middle of night coughing already.
though at day time... still some slight cough here and there. but nothing major that will cause me to cough till all red that kind. phew..

hmm.. jackfruit does sound heaty to me also.. but probably it work for you.

tummy getting really bigger and felt hard and firm now. starting to feel some backaches coming already...
baby seems to kicking/moving anytime anywhere also... everyone also feeling baby moving all day round now?

yes bb moving all day and i can feel it :)

I am week 28 now and I have gained 8kg :(

Same here & now i very scare i will hv GD...will be taking this next friday and keeping my fingers crossed. How come u got it and izit due to history, ur diet or hormones? My fren got it due to hormones.

Same here & now i very scare i will hv GD...will be taking this next friday and keeping my fingers crossed. How come u got it and izit due to history, ur diet or hormones? My fren got it due to hormones.

Pyng, I hope you pass!! I got it cos I think I ate a lot of ice cream during my overseas trip about 2 weeks before the test. I dunno la. I got history of diabetes but I myself personally didn't have prior to pregnancy. Mine is very very borderline though. There were about 5-6 mummies who took the test the same day as me. EVERYONE failed :( The lady before me got 9.1. I got 7.9. Anybody who gets 7.7 or less will pass.

Pyng, I hope you pass!! I got it cos I think I ate a lot of ice cream during my overseas trip about 2 weeks before the test. I dunno la. I got history of diabetes but I myself personally didn't have prior to pregnancy. Mine is very very borderline though. There were about 5-6 mummies who took the test the same day as me. EVERYONE failed :( The lady before me got 9.1. I got 7.9. Anybody who gets 7.7 or less will pass.

tks i really hope so can pass...i will try to cut down any sugary stuff from today onwards...hope can pass haha but really depends..juz cross my fingers. Oh u just 7.9...so wasted!!! Btw JAN MTB FB existing...juz let the person in charge know to add u.

I am also going for my GD test this Friday. So scared :(

Good luck and update us.

i was wondering how come my gynae have not arranged me for the glucose test yet.. wait for next appointment when i am 29weeks and see what he says... i had alot sweet stuff!!! so scary!!

Hihi may I ask where are u guys attending the preparation classes?
attending mine with TMC. there are classes by Mt A, NUH, KK as well.. u can go their website and check.
i was wondering how come my gynae have not arranged me for the glucose test yet.. wait for next appointment when i am 29weeks and see what he says... i had alot sweet stuff!!! so scary!!
my gynae also never say anything.. but last appt the nurses did ask if i my parent have diabetic. both my parent dont.. not sure if this will help me save one screening? hahaa

Yup, me too! Downed several tubs of ice-cream the last few weeks because i just felt like it...haha! When do you all have to go for the test? I am already going into 29 weeks this Sat and my next appointment is only on 4th November (when i am in my week 31).

Ya! I also think so... but all strollers soooo expensive!! Have to think properly I need one that lasts till my child is weaned off a stroller!

Hey bubblylove, have you thought of what brands of strollers that you want to buy? I haven't checked out any yet and totally agreed that they can be very expensive! Mummies out there, any recommended brands that are good for newborn? I went to the Baby Fair and was just soo overwhelmed. Just stood at Britax booth to buy a carseat and went off after that. My husband was like "you sure?" cos i was telling him that i probably want to look at a few baby items there. For the first time in my pregnancy, i really felt like throwing up after that experience...maybe cos i was kinda claustrophobic in there. What an experience! Now must go and start finding baby things one by one. :p

my gynae also never say anything.. but last appt the nurses did ask if i my parent have diabetic. both my parent dont.. not sure if this will help me save one screening? hahaa

haha.. i doubt so~ maybe not our turn yet?? different gynae haf different timing bah!!?? hee..

Yup, me too! Downed several tubs of ice-cream the last few weeks because i just felt like it...haha! When do you all have to go for the test? I am already going into 29 weeks this Sat and my next appointment is only on 4th November (when i am in my week 31).

Oh.. im now 27weeks 4days.. when i see my gynae on 30 Oct i'll be 29 weeks! tummy alr stretched until cannot liao.. so big..!! and every meal i dine out i must order cold drinks! gosh.. and last week i went for prenatal massage, the lady say my leg and arms have slight water retention and asked me not to drink too much cold drinks..

start to feel that my shoe is abit tight infront.. but my ankle still okie.. hoping my water retention wont be that bad..

haha.. i doubt so~ maybe not our turn yet?? different gynae haf different timing bah!!?? hee..

my gynae nv say anything abt it all along, so I asked her last visit (26wks that time). she said unless got high risk flags - family history, my own sudden large weight increase or bb suddenly grow v big v fast - she doesn't see the need to test. plus normally my urine test strips all normal.

dun think how much sweet stuff u eat really affects. it's whether your body can process the sugar anot. if cannot means cannot. eat carbo not sweet also can kenna. if can process, eat ice cream etc also can.

Is this test only for those with family history or overweight?

i dun think so.. i rem i went to KKH last pregnancy.. before my scan i had a big cup of mac's ice milo.. den when i did my urine test, the test stripe from light green color changed to dark green immediately.. n they ask me go back to do a glucose test.. but luckily i passed the test.. den when i went to my gynae he say nvm it's okay one..

my gynae nv say anything abt it all along, so I asked her last visit (26wks that time). she said unless got high risk flags - family history, my own sudden large weight increase or bb suddenly grow v big v fast - she doesn't see the need to test. plus normally my urine test strips all normal.

dun think how much sweet stuff u eat really affects. it's whether your body can process the sugar anot. if cannot means cannot. eat carbo not sweet also can kenna. if can process, eat ice cream etc also can.

ya i agree.. it depends on how much our body can process the sugar stuff.. keeping my finger crossed that my body stil the same as previous pregnancy..

Hey bubblylove, have you thought of what brands of strollers that you want to buy? I haven't checked out any yet and totally agreed that they can be very expensive! Mummies out there, any recommended brands that are good for newborn? I went to the Baby Fair and was just soo overwhelmed. Just stood at Britax booth to buy a carseat and went off after that. My husband was like "you sure?" cos i was telling him that i probably want to look at a few baby items there. For the first time in my pregnancy, i really felt like throwing up after that experience...maybe cos i was kinda claustrophobic in there. What an experience! Now must go and start finding baby things one by one. :p
Bubblylove and deedeez, I just got my stroller over the last weekend! Thx to estergal's reco, I went to check out the maclaren at baby hyperstore. Got a slightly older model, but was at quite a good deal so quite happy with the purchase!

Any of you mummies sign up for cordlife or stem cord already? How long does the process take? Looks like have to do some test with maternal blood and all first? Also if signing up at fairs has a better deal?

Any of you mummies sign up for cordlife or stem cord already? How long does the process take? Looks like have to do some test with maternal blood and all first? Also if signing up at fairs has a better deal?

my gynae arranged for someone from stem cord to have a chat with me. not sure if fair has better deal, but if you are delivering at Mt A and signed up the Alvernia Ladies Card, there's a special rate given.

ya I agree....our hormones lo....haiz...no choice for bb and myself...worst case scenario is jab insulin ourselves.

Thx cheer_bb will ask my gynae during my next appt. I'll be delivering in TMC, think the SBI card has some discounts, will check that out!

How much is it roughly?

Bubblylove and deedeez, I just got my stroller over the last weekend! Thx to estergal's reco, I went to check out the maclaren at baby hyperstore. Got a slightly older model, but was at quite a good deal so quite happy with the purchase!

Details please!!! I do like Maclaren so far! :)

Omg deedeez I wanted to throw up too!! It was SOOOOOO overwhelming!! long queues, so many other couples!! I didnt buy a stroller la in the end cos cot and carrier more impt. After baby is born I go find stroller also ok... :(

Details please!!! I do like Maclaren so far! :)
Good morning mummies! TGIF! I bought a quest 2011 butcher stripes for 239, if baby is a girl can get the 2009 model, which is slightly pink at 199. Though it can recline but only suitable for 3mths onwards. But for me this is fine, as won't be expecting to go out too many times before then plus I still have my carriers!

Last edited:
Nidellia I same boat as u, we shld be same EDD n my glucose test level very high at 11.0 mmol/L.

Dear all mummies the glucose test is for 24-28 weeks n like some of u all said it's dependent more on genetics n ur body reaction to sugar plus change in hormones. So if ur 16weeks report is above normal n with family history then u have to take . Otherwise if ur obstetrician does not send you then good news cos it's a time consuming 3 hrs tests with 3 blood extractions and 3 urine test. It also cost a fee.

For CordLife n stemcord, it's cheaper to get at the fairs. They have special price and additional disc of u have the Thomson/ raffles / Alvernia cards. But I will not be signing . For those signing better to use CDA n opt for 21 years cos CDA only can be use at age of 7, no point subscribing yearly if u storing till 21 years. Yearly is more costly

Nidellia I same boat as u, we shld be same EDD n my glucose test level very high at 11.0 mmol/L.

Dear all mummies the glucose test is for 24-28 weeks n like some of u all said it's dependent more on genetics n ur body reaction to sugar plus change in hormones. So if ur 16weeks report is above normal n with family history then u have to take . Otherwise if ur obstetrician does not send you then good news cos it's a time consuming 3 hrs tests with 3 blood extractions and 3 urine test. It also cost a fee.

For CordLife n stemcord, it's cheaper to get at the fairs. They have special price and additional disc of u have the Thomson/ raffles / Alvernia cards. But I will not be signing . For those signing better to use CDA n opt for 21 years cos CDA only can be use at age of 7, no point subscribing yearly if u storing till 21 years. Yearly is more costly

oh BabyGN, mine was 9.4 mmol/L. hope can control via diet....if not will hv to inject insulin.

i just called up my gynae's clinic.. the staff told me that if family history no one has diabetic + every visit we did the glucose-protein urine test, test result is ok, den dun need to do the glucose blood test.. unless the urine test have something, den require to do.. *phewww* can save the cost.. hee

i just called up my gynae's clinic.. the staff told me that if family history no one has diabetic + every visit we did the glucose-protein urine test, test result is ok, den dun need to do the glucose blood test.. unless the urine test have something, den require to do.. *phewww* can save the cost.. hee
ok.. that's good! seems like we both will get to skip one lengthy test!

got my medela freestyle breast pump delivered today. bought at the fair at expo.. this set comes with total of 6 bottles and no teats.
i'm preparing to do bf directly.. but maybe sometimes can get my mum to help feed at nights where i want to rest. think i need to get more bottles? or just buy storage bag?
and also... any recommendation of teats?

Good morning mummies! TGIF! I bought a quest 2011 butcher stripes for 239, if baby is a girl can get the 2009 model, which is slightly pink at 199. Though it can recline but only suitable for 3mths onwards. But for me this is fine, as won't be expecting to go out too many times before then plus I still have my carriers!

Wow the stripes are really unique! Good choice mummy ylyn!

Glad to hear that!

Omg deedeez I wanted to throw up too!! It was SOOOOOO overwhelming!! long queues, so many other couples!! I didnt buy a stroller la in the end cos cot and carrier more impt. After baby is born I go find stroller also ok... :(

I knowww right....Me too, havent got stroller yet. But thanks for the tip about the carrier and cots...will probably get them first. :)

Back