(2014/01) January 2014

Morning mommies.. i shld be putting my baby with my parents in the morning. will bring him over to thomson and go to work at TPY.. den after work i can go over to have dinner and my AMORE fitness class then bring baby back.. guess that's the onli choice i can go with as my #1 is schooling at Haig Rd MFS.. n my hubby doesnt like to stay at my mom's place.. so no choice.. cant afford any maid/nanny..

me too..dropping baby at my granny place and picking him up after my work.
Also means i have to wake up earlier to feed/prepare him and send him to granny place....

Haha, looks like we all having a headache trying to see how to manage the kids. For my gal that time, lucky I was mostly working from home and my mom was helping, so I had a nanny come to my place everyday to help take care. But now that I'm not working was thinking to ownself take care, but the trouble is I will need to drag both kids out when I send my gal to and fro to school.

u still have time to go exercise and may i know how ur timing like coz if after ur exercise, would not be too late to bring bb back? I wan to exercise after work but really hard to squeeze time.

Frm my office to my mom's place is abt 20mins. so i can reach there by 630pm (hopefully there's no traffic jam). my mom stay jus opp Thomson Plaza where there's Amore Fitness inside. den maybe go for 1 kickboxing class if not jus a short threadmil run.. probably 9+pm den go back home lor.. it's becoz i already paid for the package it would be a waste not to go for it.. my package alr start n pause very long..

me too..dropping baby at my granny place and picking him up after my work.
Also means i have to wake up earlier to feed/prepare him and send him to granny place....

ya lor.. if not have to pre-express few bottles of milk to put at my mom's place when im not ard probably will formula feed...

Hi mommies, anyone bought Medela Freestyle direct from US before? how much it cost roughly? I saw some SG website selling US set abt $520. My colleague is going to US in Nov and wanna ask him help me buy. but becoz of the packaging is huge. if the price difference not huge den dun wanna trouble him..

Normally I try to leave office by 5.30 pm although by right is 6pm. Pick my boy from childcare and go mil place for dinner. Return home, shower myself and my boy then will change my gal to her pyjamas and feed her milk and put her to bed around 8pm...then by 8.30 pm will put my boy to bed.

i know for My First Skool they dun take in infant from certain mths old onwards.. coz like cutting q to go into toddler class.. sadly my girl's school dun haf infant care for the time being..
Jt, near Thomson plaza have a few cc that take in infants I think :) but if your mom willing to help all the better! Always feel more an xin when own mother/family help to take care

but it's expensive.. which i dun haf so much to spare.. my new hse coming next yr.. so gotta be very thrifty.. unless my girl's school open up infant care den i will put there.. if not i wun wanna run so mani places.. n my hus wun wanna put my girl with my parents.. man's ego!!

Hmm true infant care damn ex! But at least you are working your rebate is higher sigh! I will have to see how long I can tong taking care on my own haha until I give up then will push to infant care.
Haha yah man's ego hard to please! Looks like next year is going to be a very busy year for you! :) But definitely lots of fun!

ya i noe i will be very busy next year.. becoz of my daughter i have no choice but to go back my hus side everyday. she stick to me and always wan me to slp with her.. worst come to worst if i cant rush back to my mom's place den baby will stay over lor.. when my new hse come lagi worst.. my new hse at Punggol.. go where oso not convenient.. zzz. it is when u are not in a hurry.

Wah you will be travelling damn a lot leh! Shiong shiong! Yah better try to safe some travelling where possible

Oh rmb, I mentioned abt baby being low, haha, asked gynae today and she say now much older plus not first baby, everything will become loose and head south! Sigh! If need to will need to get those belly support if too much pressing. So looks like have nothing to do with boy or gal ;)

Joynpeace and ylyn, thanks so much for the tips! I feel a lot more assured now to start to buy clothes for baby. And ylyn, i can super go crazy looking at baby's clothes on carters. How do u keep yourself un-tempted?! I havent even been to mothercare yet...haha, probably will be worse since can touch the clothes and imagine them on baby. @______@!

Joy, I found this from the mothercare website http://www.mothercare.com.sg/pdf/NewArrivalChecklist.asp which you have recommended. Definitely will help noobs like me!
Esthergal, they don't ship directly to Sg. Can join the sprees! Agreed about vpost also, I lost an entire shipment because of them before. *heartpain*

Do any of you know if the expo events sell baby's clothes as well? There's the Baby Market and Baby Fair in October right?

My #1 will be primary school next year, #2 will sent to childcare in March / April once she hit 18 months old. #3 should be at mil place in the day time with maid until he hit 18 months before proceeding to childcare.

For #2, as she is a dragon baby, we made a mistake .. never waitlist in advance when I was pregnant, could not get any infant care when I need to return to work and helper fly me aeroplane. Luckily managed to find another helper before I return to work. But still have problems here and there.

Personally I feel there is no 100% good in any choices as compare to us taking care of them ourselves. So everything have to give and take.

seems like i sibei kiasu. #1 i waitlist 3 mths in advance, now #2 i alrdy waitlist at 2 ctrs cos 1st ctr say mite not hv vacancy then

i know for My First Skool they dun take in infant from certain mths old onwards.. coz like cutting q to go into toddler class.. sadly my girl's school dun haf infant care for the time being..

but heard now dun have le. when i asked my gal's P abt ifc, she mention infants dun hv priority to go toddler class alrdy

Yeah been thinking all possible method, but unfortunately my mom not willing to stay over my place, she said cant do her errand during the day. my house at upp bkt timah and mom place at AMK, so its quite a distance. if want to consider infant care , we need to register from now? for hiring a maid i believe need to pay a sum of upfront $$ around 3-4k right and its costly. well lets see during the 4 month, at worst i might quit my job:(

Esthergal, they don't ship directly to Sg. Can join the sprees! Agreed about vpost also, I lost an entire shipment because of them before. *heartpain*

Do any of you know if the expo events sell baby's clothes as well? There's the Baby Market and Baby Fair in October right?

How good will it be if they ship direct right? like ASOS! But my express order from them has not reached me yet (this Toll Global Express is really lousy! that day waited one whole day nobody turned up!!) instead my standard delivery has reached me. I like the dress :)

Not sure if should go expo this time, last time i went came back empty handed as i feel nothing much leh...

seems like i sibei kiasu. #1 i waitlist 3 mths in advance, now #2 i alrdy waitlist at 2 ctrs cos 1st ctr say mite not hv vacancy then

Ju.. not kiasu la. Its me.. too lax..keke... That time I really call up a few centres and all infant care fully booked. Maybe bcos of dragon year and most infant centres max like 10 babies only.

shir, you make me panic now :) maybe need to start scouting soon!

ylyn, if you really need to put baby in infant care.. you can already call the centre up. Thats what I learnt when I went around to scout for my gal early this year. They just put the parents name, other details not needed.

Ju.. not kiasu la. Its me.. too lax..keke... That time I really call up a few centres and all infant care fully booked. Maybe bcos of dragon year and most infant centres max like 10 babies only.

Hmm... The ifc opp my blk hv more babies, but they also hv more tchrs. Depending on the age of the current bbs n tots too

ylyn, if you really need to put baby in infant care.. you can already call the centre up. Thats what I learnt when I went around to scout for my gal early this year. They just put the parents name, other details not needed.

Pte ones jus call to chope. MSF hv to fill up registration online and double chk nearer to enrolment date

Morning mummies! Does anyone know how good the discount would be at baby fair? I went to some places to recce the strollers and cot.. There's really very minimum discount given! (I.e. the Capella cony s230t is $399 with 10% at babystudio in Chai Chee; pine wood cot is ard $409 with antidustmite mattress, not inclusive of bedding set ) wondering I if i shld get things from the baby fair or even robinsons..

P.s baby stuff are so expensive!!!

Morning mummies! Does anyone know how good the discount would be at baby fair? I went to some places to recce the strollers and cot.. There's really very minimum discount given! (I.e. the Capella cony s230t is $399 with 10% at babystudio in Chai Chee; pine wood cot is ard $409 with antidustmite mattress, not inclusive of bedding set ) wondering I if i shld get things from the baby fair or even robinsons..

P.s baby stuff are so expensive!!!

Baby stuffs are really expensive and we may not be able to use everything that we buy. For baby cots, if you dun mind, you can try to find 2nd hand one, some 2nd hand are really quite new as most people in the end prefer to let baby co-sleep with them ( I am referring to myself..kekeke). Anyway the cots are wood which you can really wipe clean. Just get brand new mattress can liao.

For strollers, depends if you have certain preference. Sometimes Robinsons have special buy and the stroller price is much more attractive. Try not to get everything at one go or else you really feel the brunt of it. Take your time to shop :)

morning mummies! :p i see alot of brands participating in the 4-6Oct baby fair. Im planning to buy 2 cots and strollers during this fair as need some time to "air" the cots and stroller so will not have those brand new plastic smell when baby arrives in jan.

Just wondering how is the discounts at the baby fair. Need to get milk powder for my #2. May need to get additional car seat but unless buy bigger car..or else also no place to put :(

oh yah! milk powder and diapers..totally forgot about it.
Any mummies here can advise which brand of diapers to buy for NB? i heard Goon and Pampers is good....

Just wondering how is the discounts at the baby fair. Need to get milk powder for my #2. May need to get additional car seat but unless buy bigger car..or else also no place to put :(

Hi Shirlynn,

Do you noe if wat is e age requirement or height limit for kids to take the front passenger seat?

Hi Shirlynn,

Do you noe if wat is e age requirement or height limit for kids to take the front passenger seat?

Dun think there is any certain limit. Just that for infant we need to put facing opposite direction. I always place my infant in the front seat as I am alone, if cry, I try to pacify by talking to them. If I place behind.. die liao :) have to stop car and carry till they stop crying.

hi mummies... on the topic of position of car seats in the car, does anyone of us have two car seats in the car? i have a 16 mth old baby right now & i'm expecting my #2 in jan. how do i fit two car seats & what brand of car seat is compact/less bulky? i wanna avoid putting either one of them in the front seat coz i heard its more dangerous (if you get into an accident, the inflated airbag might injure them) but i can't think of a way to fit two car seats in the back seat. i drive a mazda by the way. pls help if you have faced a similar situation before. thank you!

my car seat in car is jus for show.. my girl doesnt like to sit inside.. if i drive alone, she will sit infront with seat beat. although it's not allowed.. but i rather i throw her my phone n let her play quietly than to keep crying and shouting and distract me.. even i bought her booster seat she oso dun wan.. quite a headache for me too... hopefully my #2 will be more tame than #1..

Dun think there is any certain limit. Just that for infant we need to put facing opposite direction. I always place my infant in the front seat as I am alone, if cry, I try to pacify by talking to them. If I place behind.. die liao :) have to stop car and carry till they stop crying.

Hi Mummies,

Happen to chance this on Asian parent website.

http://sg.******************/singapore-rules-on-child-safety-in-car/

hi mummies... on the topic of position of car seats in the car, does anyone of us have two car seats in the car? i have a 16 mth old baby right now & i'm expecting my #2 in jan. how do i fit two car seats & what brand of car seat is compact/less bulky? i wanna avoid putting either one of them in the front seat coz i heard its more dangerous (if you get into an accident, the inflated airbag might injure them) but i can't think of a way to fit two car seats in the back seat. i drive a mazda by the way. pls help if you have faced a similar situation before. thank you!

@instantlove, recently, we bought a booster seat cushion (using car seat belts) and oso use e infant car seat for no.2, as infant car seat needs to be secured with e car seat belt, we didn't remove it. jus e booster seat. we intend to only faster e seat belt when no.1 sit on it. so I will be in e centre. with left(no.1) & right(no.2).

but heard now dun have le. when i asked my gal's P abt ifc, she mention infants dun hv priority to go toddler class alrdy

ur gal also in MFS? i think as soon as they have slots for the infants to "promote" to toddler, they will go by a batch.. my girl suppose to go playground this Oct when she's 30 mths. but becoz no space, she and a grp of frens will go to PG in January 2014. at least they have a placing in the school which i am more concern of.

Any mummies here can advise which brand of diapers to buy for NB? i heard Goon and Pampers is good....
Babe IMO NB poo alot. No point buying exp pamper. ESP bf baby baby more. I'll juz buy the cheapest. Wen older den I'll use better absorbent pamper for overnight. N need to trail n error. Some baby might b allergy to certain brand, so barrier cream is important. N NB size they will outgrown very fast so don't stock up too much.

for what i rem.. i din buy any pampers for newborn.. purely cloth diaper.. buy disposable liner to put on top of the cloth so when NB poo, wun stain too much on the cloth.. only after baby shower den start to use S size pamper when going out..

Yes, Pampers is good, my boy has been using it since baby until he is toilet trained :)

Last edited:
ur gal also in MFS? i think as soon as they have slots for the infants to "promote" to toddler, they will go by a batch.. my girl suppose to go playground this Oct when she's 30 mths. but becoz no space, she and a grp of frens will go to PG in January 2014. at least they have a placing in the school which i am more concern of.

Yup, MFS too. Dat's wat the P told me whn i asked abt ifc. She said no more priority for Toddlers class

Hi Mummies,

Happen to chance this on Asian parent website.

http://sg.******************/singapore-rules-on-child-safety-in-car/

@instantlove, recently, we bought a booster seat cushion (using car seat belts) and oso use e infant car seat for no.2, as infant car seat needs to be secured with e car seat belt, we didn't remove it. jus e booster seat. we intend to only faster e seat belt when no.1 sit on it. so I will be in e centre. with left(no.1) & right(no.2).

but when can a child sit in booster seat? i think its only for 4yo and above right? my #1 & #2 will only be 22 mths apart. he still has to be in his car seat so the only think i can think of is put him in the far end, then newborn car seat in the middle and me beside the newborn. but if my #1 needs anything it'll be hard to reach him. if put both seats on both ends and me in the middle, i don't know if i can squeeze through when getting in and out of the car. lol.

anyway for my #1 i used mamypoko since birth till about 10mths. then we saw a promo for Pampers active and decided to try it & love it! now my boy use both mamypoko and pampers depending on which has promo.

i use both pampers and mamypoko alternately for my baby girl. pampers during the day when we diaper change her most frequently, and mamypoko at night 'cause we feel that it can hold more volume (thicker than pampers). we always stock up on both when there's promo :)

but when can a child sit in booster seat? i think its only for 4yo and above right? my #1 & #2 will only be 22 mths apart. he still has to be in his car seat so the only think i can think of is put him in the far end, then newborn car seat in the middle and me beside the newborn. but if my #1 needs anything it'll be hard to reach him. if put both seats on both ends and me in the middle, i don't know if i can squeeze through when getting in and out of the car. lol.

my #1 is 25 months now n we change him to booster seat already. but we haven try out putting him in front yet.

this website explain better on the use of booster seat. http://www.spf.gov.sg/mic/2011/111223_seat_belt.htm

Hope it helps.

i use both pampers and mamypoko alternately for my baby girl. pampers during the day when we diaper change her most frequently, and mamypoko at night 'cause we feel that it can hold more volume (thicker than pampers). we always stock up on both when there's promo :)

Yes. mamy poko can hold better than pampers. But I feel the cutting getting smaller or what. Base on the weight indicated, my gal suppose to be wearing M size, but I feel its getting tight for her and it cannot really last through the night. So I will use M size in the day time and L size at night. Normally I just order bulk from Kim Sang medical hall. Never really check out promotions in the supermarkets

my #1 is 25 months now n we change him to booster seat already. but we haven try out putting him in front yet.

this website explain better on the use of booster seat. http://www.spf.gov.sg/mic/2011/111223_seat_belt.htm

Hope it helps.

Think when having 2 is still much easier. Bcos now facing problem of having 3. #1 still need to use booster seat. #2 will be 14 months old.. definitely need to be in car seat ..#3 too.. sigh.. why they do not have discounts for family car..kekeke

Think when having 2 is still much easier. Bcos now facing problem of having 3. #1 still need to use booster seat. #2 will be 14 months old.. definitely need to be in car seat ..#3 too.. sigh.. why they do not have discounts for family car..kekeke

yes, tats true. even if I have space for now as only 2. but still the prams would also take up a lot of space in e boot. n there wouldn't be anymore space for additional passenger.

Looks like the forum has been very quiet lately! All geared up to celebrate mid autumn festival? :) Happy mooncake festival all!

Back