(2014/01) January 2014

GBOB, I think if your maid agree to extend contract, you can just renew her work permit yourself online without going thru agency.. But need to confirm with her if she is coming back.. But I think got a few things need to be aware n sort out like getting bankers draft for insurance etc.. I wanted to DIY for my maid but in the end hubby said just pay the agency commission to do for us, so I won't be stressed over this while looking after my mum.
How are you planning to take care of your dad while your maid is away? There's respite care in nursing homes but usually only private got place, n can be quite ex..
Sigh, wanna save money but then again if DIY like jin stressful leh....

My dad is back into SGH again. He was discharged last wed and re-admitted on Sat night again cos his condition worsen when he came home. Shouting non-stop for almost 24 hours. My dh, maid & I all didn't sleep well for three days...slept only a few hours from 6-7am onwards...so I have made the decision to send him back to SGH whilst waiting for a place in Voluntary Nursing Home... I have no choice...I didn't sleep well for that three nights and he's causing a lot of stress to all of us...although we know he didn't wan that too...Initially I tot don't wan maid already since dad is gg nursing home as I am afraid my finances will b tight but then think think think, no maid terok leh...confinement how I handle...with newborn baby, breastfeeding and housework...I think I will go gila.... so now contemplating wanna employ back a maid or not lor

You can call Hart Consultancy at Lucky Plaza and see what they say coz your scenario bit different from mine. I agree that maid agencies r blood suckers. Hate them! I don't like being lied to. Good luck!
Thanks Dear, I will pop by Hart Consultancy one of these days to check...

good morning all...

I know exactly how u feel. I have all these sickening people coming up to me (when I was ttc) and kept asking when's your turn, when's your turn. I don't know if they are just plain dumb or what. One was my ex colleague who has a very irritating way of asking things, and talking. and I was thinking, if everytime u ask me, and i tell you the same thing, won't it be obvious enough to just shut up and not ask?! and another one was my cousin's husband. so proud that his wife is pregnant, also keep telling my hubby... you must work harder. don't all these people know that sometimes people are just trying and without any luck?! I got so fed up, when one day my cousin asked me nicely, i just told her we are having problems. the next time we met up, the husband just shut up. and as for my colleague, I really dread meeting up with her (in a group. I'd never meet her alone). until now, my ex colleagues doesn't know i'm expecting.

That was before I found out i was pregnant. When i did... This guy, was so insensitive... he went "so corinne... I heard that wayne finally got it into the right hole. I hope it's not Jame's".... I'm like WTF? James is this mutual friend that works nearby where i work, so we have lunch together like once a week. and yes. those were his exact words. Even if he's joking, I don't think it's funny. and even if that's the way he always talks, he should know better than to pass comments such as these in such situations. It is just plain rude, insensitive and just shows how immature he is. I got caught off guard, and by the time i had a reply for him, it was a few days later, which is pointless to retort back. I am still very affected by his comments lor. Just hope that his girl will have respect from the guys around her when she grows up, and just hope that his boy will give girls their due respect. But looking at how he's behaving or how he speaks to people, i highly doubt so.
Wa your tis guy mouth like so smelly lor. How can he pass such comments. He got gf or wife ar??

Where are you going in Nov? My hubby only allows me to fly latest by Oct so we going Phuket then. Meantime, next week, I am going Penang and managed to rent 2 bedroom condo at RM1300 for 4 nights. Coz Hard Rock quoted us RM3814 for their courtyard room with playground as there will be 3 adults and 1 toddler.
You're lucky. Your hubby still allows you to fly till October. My htb doesn't allow me anymore. He will always tell me, you know the consequences blah blah blah even if the doctor said that i can go and fly. So to avoid any risk and possible fight, decided not to...hahaha...long bus travel also like KL or Cameron, he will not allow. he said the long travel will tire me and baby...so i will be stuck here until i give birth next year...hahahaha

You're lucky. Your hubby still allows you to fly till October. My htb doesn't allow me anymore. He will always tell me, you know the consequences blah blah blah even if the doctor said that i can go and fly. So to avoid any risk and possible fight, decided not to...hahaha...long bus travel also like KL or Cameron, he will not allow. he said the long travel will tire me and baby...so i will be stuck here until i give birth next year...hahahaha

if he says dat now, then u betta be prepared dat u may not be able to travel soon after ur birth as well. reasons? bb too young to travel, bb too young to separate frm parents (if u wanna leave wif ILs or parents to take care), heartpain to separate from bb, etc...

gm13,
our current plan is Kampah, Cameron, Belum, Perlis, Kedah, Penang, Taiping and Seremban/Malacca. will take about 2 weeks. i can only go in Nov due to work. can't stay ex cos we hv budget,max rm200 per nite.

Whoa.. that's a long way to go. Bringing your #1 with? Penang seems to have lots of kids activities. You can consider renting people's condo as it's so cheap.

My dad is back into SGH again. He was discharged last wed and re-admitted on Sat night again cos his condition worsen when he came home. Shouting non-stop for almost 24 hours. My dh, maid & I all didn't sleep well for three days...slept only a few hours from 6-7am onwards...so I have made the decision to send him back to SGH whilst waiting for a place in Voluntary Nursing Home... I have no choice...I didn't sleep well for that three nights and he's causing a lot of stress to all of us...although we know he didn't wan that too...Initially I tot don't wan maid already since dad is gg nursing home as I am afraid my finances will b tight but then think think think, no maid terok leh...confinement how I handle...with newborn baby, breastfeeding and housework...I think I will go gila.... so now contemplating wanna employ back a maid or not lor

Whoa.. all the best hey. I find helper useful in doing household after delivery as newborn needs regular feedings.

I agree with bb_hopeful. Even more so no travelling after delivery. Best time is now.. i even travel long haul to UK when I was week 20. Will be week 30 when i go Phuket in Oct.

Whoa.. that's a long way to go. Bringing your #1 with? Penang seems to have lots of kids activities. You can consider renting people's condo as it's so cheap.

yup, #1 is going as well, she's been gg wif us since she was 9mo. prob not condo, we stayed before, the water was not very clean & thr is smthg abt staying in a stranger's condo dat bugs us. lol!

hb loves driving in Msia, dat's why we can go such long distance. but i told him dat we prob nid to factor in more toilet breaks since im gonna be heavier then

if he says dat now, then u betta be prepared dat u may not be able to travel soon after ur birth as well. reasons? bb too young to travel, bb too young to separate frm parents (if u wanna leave wif ILs or parents to take care), heartpain to separate from bb, etc...

Hahahaha...this one we already talked about. As much as he wanted to say no, but i stood my ground. The baby and I will be flying about 2 months after the baby was born as my relatives and my parents would like to see my baby. I will be staying home until the end of my maternity leave. He will send us off, then pick us up as well, so more or less around 1 month...

I agree with bb_hopeful. Even more so no travelling after delivery. Best time is now.. i even travel long haul to UK when I was week 20. Will be week 30 when i go Phuket in Oct.
Actually, we had a planned travel to Canada this November (before we know we're pregnant) to see the northern lights. My cousin is picking us up from Hongkong since she's paying for our fare. I told him we can adjust to September then we'll just pay for the fare, at first he was okay with it, then backed out because he's thinking about the risk...hehehe

yup, #1 is going as well, she's been gg wif us since she was 9mo. prob not condo, we stayed before, the water was not very clean & thr is smthg abt staying in a stranger's condo dat bugs us. lol!

hb loves driving in Msia, dat's why we can go such long distance. but i told him dat we prob nid to factor in more toilet breaks since im gonna be heavier then

Mine too! She's been travelling with us everywhere since she is 2 months. Kids these days are really lucky.

Mine too! She's been travelling with us everywhere since she is 2 months. Kids these days are really lucky.
I am trying to convince hubby too but think he isnt comfy with bb younger than 2 or 3 yrs old travelling. Especially since he is not a travel fan. So, we'll see.....

Hahahaha...this one we already talked about. As much as he wanted to say no, but i stood my ground. The baby and I will be flying about 2 months after the baby was born as my relatives and my parents would like to see my baby. I will be staying home until the end of my maternity leave. He will send us off, then pick us up as well, so more or less around 1 month...

oh... ur parents r not in SG?

I am trying to convince hubby too but think he isnt comfy with bb younger than 2 or 3 yrs old travelling. Especially since he is not a travel fan. So, we'll see.....

Haha... I missed those days when we traveled with my #1 before him turning 2... almost FOC airfare, beyond that, almost full fare.

Haha... I missed those days when we traveled with my #1 before him turning 2... almost FOC airfare, beyond that, almost full fare.

Yup, i agree! This Penang trip will be her first with own seat. Wonder how to make her be seated when taking off. Norm, she is in my hubby or my lap.

Whoa.. all the best hey. I find helper useful in doing household after delivery as newborn needs regular feedings.

Agreed that why i badly need one and told my hubby abt it. He said he can help as he want save money but i really object coz during my lst pregnancy, very tiring as i need to bf...so need one helper to do washing & houseworks cook etc. Hope i can find one suitable by nov. Anyone has any can recommend me & many thanks.

my hubby also dunlike travelling coz he said tired and prefer when bb older like 4 to 5 yrs whereby they can dun wear diaper and has less milk feeding. He also scare bb will fall ill when travel...

my hubb was the one who asked me wanna go holiday.. but im the who reject.. how to enjoy with the then heavy big tummy~ walk abit.. backache.. leg ache.. lolz.. onli thing im interested is to Genting in Oct for our anniversary~~

Went for the detailed scan today. Mummies who haven't gone yet, please be prepared for it to take at least an hour, depending if baby is cooperative cos they really scan every part of baby to make sure everything is fine. I did my scan at Radlink (Paragon) and it started on time so that was good. Radiographer start with bb head, then take face, nose and lips also. Measured both arm and both legs, make sure can see all 10 toes and 10 fingers. Then also took scan of spine, showed me lungs, kidneys, bladder etc.

She even took scans to show blood flow from placenta/umbilical cord, as well as 4 chambers of the heart and the blood flow within the heart. so all very detailed. Looks OK from my layman perspective but have to wait till results get back to my gynae and I discuss with her next Tues. Fingers crossed! :)

Bb very restless, keep moving around but luckily managed to complete scan in abt 1hr, so still quite cooperative. Phew! Cos went during lunch time, then rush back to office! Luckily bosses are all very understanding and are willing to let me take a long lunch to settle these scans.

how much was the detailed scan?

Went for the detailed scan today. Mummies who haven't gone yet, please be prepared for it to take at least an hour, depending if baby is cooperative cos they really scan every part of baby to make sure everything is fine. I did my scan at Radlink (Paragon) and it started on time so that was good. Radiographer start with bb head, then take face, nose and lips also. Measured both arm and both legs, make sure can see all 10 toes and 10 fingers. Then also took scan of spine, showed me lungs, kidneys, bladder etc.

She even took scans to show blood flow from placenta/umbilical cord, as well as 4 chambers of the heart and the blood flow within the heart. so all very detailed. Looks OK from my layman perspective but have to wait till results get back to my gynae and I discuss with her next Tues. Fingers crossed! :)

Bb very restless, keep moving around but luckily managed to complete scan in abt 1hr, so still quite cooperative. Phew! Cos went during lunch time, then rush back to office! Luckily bosses are all very understanding and are willing to let me take a long lunch to settle these scans.

Had my scan probably during the same time with you too! Mine's at KKH. Mummies must remember to talk to your babies before going ok? Mine didn't quite cooperate. I had to go for breaks in between (4 times in total) to walk around cos they can't locate baby's heart! *gasp* Tried eating, drinking, walking... just stopped short of dancing around! All in all I took half a day at the scan clinic. Thank God all is well. *phew* Whatever it is, it is pretty amazing to see baby at this stage of development. Enjoy the experience!

Oh my, not much of a choice then. N sometimes rather spend money to achieve some level of sanity.

Welcome Kimho!

good morning all...

I know exactly how u feel. I have all these sickening people coming up to me (when I was ttc) and kept asking when's your turn, when's your turn. I don't know if they are just plain dumb or what. One was my ex colleague who has a very irritating way of asking things, and talking. and I was thinking, if everytime u ask me, and i tell you the same thing, won't it be obvious enough to just shut up and not ask?! and another one was my cousin's husband. so proud that his wife is pregnant, also keep telling my hubby... you must work harder. don't all these people know that sometimes people are just trying and without any luck?! I got so fed up, when one day my cousin asked me nicely, i just told her we are having problems. the next time we met up, the husband just shut up. and as for my colleague, I really dread meeting up with her (in a group. I'd never meet her alone). until now, my ex colleagues doesn't know i'm expecting.

That was before I found out i was pregnant. When i did... This guy, was so insensitive... he went "so corinne... I heard that wayne finally got it into the right hole. I hope it's not Jame's".... I'm like WTF? James is this mutual friend that works nearby where i work, so we have lunch together like once a week. and yes. those were his exact words. Even if he's joking, I don't think it's funny. and even if that's the way he always talks, he should know better than to pass comments such as these in such situations. It is just plain rude, insensitive and just shows how immature he is. I got caught off guard, and by the time i had a reply for him, it was a few days later, which is pointless to retort back. I am still very affected by his comments lor. Just hope that his girl will have respect from the guys around her when she grows up, and just hope that his boy will give girls their due respect. But looking at how he's behaving or how he speaks to people, i highly doubt so.
OMG, this guy is so rude to say something like that to you isn't it....so glad he didn't say it in front of your hubby. Did you tell your husband what he said? If your husband knew him, he'll probably give the guy a punch in the face! It's so hurting that people just can't be nice with the words they use....it's so horrible to receive comments like these. I feel for you babes!

yucks! ignore ur cousin! maybe jealous dat u hv another child?
yeah maybe. When I remarried after 7 yrs, she's like OMG, why would you want to do that...are you sure....and then she goes on to say she'll NEVER EVER get married again blah blah blah, prefer to be single the rest of her life...

thanks for the update, just what i needed for info for my upcoming scan. haha

Tokking bout travelling, I'm gg phuket next week too w hub n #1! Her first trip overseas..haha..but jus now she complained of something in her throat n I saw an ulcer (I tink) at e back of her throat!!! Omg so scared it's hfmd then how to recover by next Tue..sian max..
Wanted to go hk but scared too much walking n stuff v tiring so decided to go chill at e beach b4 #2 pops out then totally no life liao..haha

Yup, i agree! This Penang trip will be her first with own seat. Wonder how to make her be seated when taking off. Norm, she is in my hubby or my lap.
If I'm not wrong even they've a seat by themselves, u still can request for an infant seatbelt so tt she can sit w u for takeoff n landing..but if she's been a seasoned traveller shouldn't haf prob for her to sit alone la..mine I noe sure will b gan jeong n scared maybe..cos of e sound n acceleration during takeoff..so sure haf to sit on my lap..

yeah maybe. When I remarried after 7 yrs, she's like OMG, why would you want to do that...are you sure....and then she goes on to say she'll NEVER EVER get married again blah blah blah, prefer to be single the rest of her life...

Aiyo... Is she married? This is personal preference mah

wah, finally manage to back to this forum....good to hear everyone is doing great...i am also looking for a mid before #2 coming. shall try the recommended one.

I am still not in the facebook group. i know i am invited but i cant seem to find the invite. any mummy can help me please?

btw, already done my detail scan and i hv a girl..

Had my scan probably during the same time with you too! Mine's at KKH. Mummies must remember to talk to your babies before going ok? Mine didn't quite cooperate. I had to go for breaks in between (4 times in total) to walk around cos they can't locate baby's heart! *gasp* Tried eating, drinking, walking... just stopped short of dancing around! All in all I took half a day at the scan clinic. Thank God all is well. *phew* Whatever it is, it is pretty amazing to see baby at this stage of development. Enjoy the experience!
Hi deedeez, can I know hw much is the detail scan at KKH? and u remembered who is ur sonographer? hee

wah, finally manage to back to this forum....good to hear everyone is doing great...i am also looking for a mid before #2 coming. shall try the recommended one.

I am still not in the facebook group. i know i am invited but i cant seem to find the invite. any mummy can help me please?

btw, already done my detail scan and i hv a girl..
hi freedom! pls leave ur email address again or find the email in ur junk/spam box..

Make sure you give her something to nibble, as the change in air pressure during take-off and landing may bring discomfort to the ear drums of your toddler... e.g. Something that she really really likes to eat but on normal days you don't allow her to eat? :) Also bring along some small toys, color pencils, or books to keep her occupied.

Make sure you give her something to nibble, as the change in air pressure during take-off and landing may bring discomfort to the ear drums of your toddler... e.g. Something that she really really likes to eat but on normal days you don't allow her to eat? :) Also bring along some small toys, color pencils, or books to keep her occupied.
She is experienced in flights and so far, no issue on taking off and landing (touch wood). Just 1 hr flight.. will bring her to airport earlier to exhaust herself so no fuss on plane. Good to know that airplane wil give baby seat belts, even though, she has a seat. In case, she doesn't want to sit on her own.

i miss Msia road trips! mine coming up in Nov. can share where u went?
bb_hopeful, I went to Melaka, KL and finally ended up in Cameron Highlands:) looks like you are attempting more places, quite a drive! But I love the fresh air and greenery in Cameron so thought that it would be a good change. Stopped both ways in KL to break the journey so that won't be too tiring for the bums and back hehe

Those going Genting, may I ask are they not closed for renovation from Sep till year 2016? I have not been there for donkey years and would like to go there with my 2 yr old but I think she bit too active for long coach ride. Was thinking maybe next year will be better till I heard news about the closure in Sep.. so sad!

Back