(2014/01) January 2014

GBOB, ur porridge looks gd! It must b difficult for you to hav so much responsibilities but must rest well also.
Eh gross lah! Fallopian tubes! Yukes.

Nope. He just shouts now n then for my helper. Sometimes shouts for me. He cnt really sleep well at night n when he wants something, he shouts. Plus he's deaf so he can't hear how loud he is. It's v tormenting for me cos we can't have peaceful sleep. He shouts v v v loud.... :(
Oh it's a period where u need alot of patience. Hope u can do it. Hugs

Mayb can nap in the afternoon. So at least not so tired in tio disturb at night. Take it as a training to take care of your newborn in few mths times. Different is newborn cry all the time. Your dad shout all the time.

Just had my scan at 17 weeks! :). Everything looks ok. Couldn't see baby's face clearly though cos she's shy today, but confirmed girl.. :). She's kind of quiet.. Was hoping she would wave to us, but I think I just ate breakfast, sugar haven't reach her yet so she still sleepy..

At least now my placenta is higher up! But my gyne says if have intercourse, either withdraw or use condom, cos semen can cause contractions..

godblessmybb - be careful if u need to carry ur dad & r u staying with ur dad? u seem like a good cook and i like bb food too hee...but now after pregnancy, i quite scare of puree thingys...duno why.

i will sometime not really cramping but a heavy type of feeling feel duno izit placenta...at times i scare if my movement too vigorous will drop it (touchwood). I also can't wait for my detailed scan this mth end!

My tastebud changed too when i on lst trim...used to love bread, red bean, pumpkin which i can eat daily but i can't stomach it at all. Now ok leh...ur tastebud still not ok till now? Found that i prefer savoury food than sweet now..i used to like sweet than savoury.
Try not to exert urself too much n don't carry heavy things

Just had my scan at 17 weeks! :). Everything looks ok. Couldn't see baby's face clearly though cos she's shy today, but confirmed girl.. :). She's kind of quiet.. Was hoping she would wave to us, but I think I just ate breakfast, sugar haven't reach her yet so she still sleepy..

At least now my placenta is higher up! But my gyne says if have intercourse, either withdraw or use condom, cos semen can cause contractions..
Congrats on your placenta moving up :)

Has anyone tried pure yoga at Ngee Ann city? They have a free trial class but the person I spoke to ver the phone was kind of evasive about the charges, saying they have a lot of packages etc.. I scared that if I go for trial class will kena hard sell...

Congrats! :)

Congrats Joy. :)

so many days nvr come in here! I going to see doctor soon, having diaroea and stomach not very good. Seem we have more girls than boys here, hehee! I am having a girl too, happy!! 2 pairs of 好, happy happy!

Thanks girls. My dad last night slept from 10:30 to 2am woke up n shouted till 4+ then slept back till 7am... All of us didn't get good night sleep. As for me, I was so vexed till I didn't sleep the entire night. V pek chek n wondering y must this happen to me when I'm pregnant. N y isn't there any solution for me. Sigh... Stress... Ya I also kept telling myself take it as training before baby comes but the thing is he really made everyone cnt sleep. My poor dh has to work n he looked so tired in the morning. Lucky today I work afternoon n just now managed to catch some sleep... My Dad's condition seems to fluctuate between good n bad.

Yo joy, congrats on the good news!! Princess!! Wonderful! N glad your placenta moved up! My baby nvr waves at me de :(

so many days nvr come in here! I going to see doctor soon, having diaroea and stomach not very good. Seem we have more girls than boys here, hehee! I am having a girl too, happy!! 2 pairs of 好, happy happy!
Gal diarrhea muz fast fast see dr. N please drink lots n lots of water

Hi deary, take good care n wish u god speed recovery ya. N congrats on having a princess! :p

Thanks girls. My dad last night slept from 10:30 to 2am woke up n shouted till 4+ then slept back till 7am... All of us didn't get good night sleep. As for me, I was so vexed till I didn't sleep the entire night. V pek chek n wondering y must this happen to me when I'm pregnant. N y isn't there any solution for me. Sigh... Stress... Ya I also kept telling myself take it as training before baby comes but the thing is he really made everyone cnt sleep. My poor dh has to work n he looked so tired in the morning. Lucky today I work afternoon n just now managed to catch some sleep... My Dad's condition seems to fluctuate between good n bad.

Yo joy, congrats on the good news!! Princess!! Wonderful! N glad your placenta moved up! My baby nvr waves at me de :(
Try to b more tolerant ba. Think back wen we baby parents also took care of us wen we cry n scream. But we not saint la, sure will complain n think y are things happening like that. Try to think of the positive side. Nothing can change, so keep thinking of the negative things also no use.

Has anyone tried pure yoga at Ngee Ann city? They have a free trial class but the person I spoke to ver the phone was kind of evasive about the charges, saying they have a lot of packages etc.. I scared that if I go for trial class will kena hard sell...
then u act tummy pain then go away lor... ;p

Try to b more tolerant ba. Think back wen we baby parents also took care of us wen we cry n scream. But we not saint la, sure will complain n think y are things happening like that. Try to think of the positive side. Nothing can change, so keep thinking of the negative things also no use.
Ya lor. I always think of that too. He dotes on me alot when I was young n I'm the only child. I have to take care of him. It's just that I feel v pek chek cos I dnt knw wat to do with him n heartache y he became like that. I oso heart pain my dh n helper gotta suffer with me... Sigh... Anyway I'm just ranting la... There's nothing I can do abt it anyway. Hehe

hi mummies, just wondering any mummies still experienced mild cramping at lower belly, dont know isit i walk too much today, have been having a nagging lower mild pain at my lower middle belly.
I have this...I'm worried too, but until there's bleeding, I'm trying to calm myself until my FA scan. I can get this anytime within the day. Sometimes, it makes me pee more, and I'm wonder if it's the baby already sitting on my pelvic area and pushing that part that's why i have to pee more. I'm loading up with water since I'm peeing more. For some reason, my 1st trimester peeing issue is coming back...hahahaha

Congrats Joy! I will confirm mine by the end of this month. the doctor said that 80% I will have a princess, but my htb is still counting on the 20% chance that we will have a prince. :)

Yes, me too have mild cramps at my lower abdomen, think it's because our uterus stretching huh?

These few days started to feel baby movements, not very strong movement, but it's like someone knock knock my tummy wall, haha :)

Also, i tried to sleep on my left side as my gynae advised so (he said from 20 weeks onward but I do it earlier just to have myself used to it), but still feel that sleeping on back is more comfortable...

Ya lor. I always think of that too. He dotes on me alot when I was young n I'm the only child. I have to take care of him. It's just that I feel v pek chek cos I dnt knw wat to do with him n heartache y he became like that. I oso heart pain my dh n helper gotta suffer with me... Sigh... Anyway I'm just ranting la... There's nothing I can do abt it anyway. Hehe

GBOB, yes, everyone will grow old one day... but i know it must be very hard on you, hug hugs... stay strong, ok?

GBOB, yes, everyone will grow old one day... but i know it must be very hard on you, hug hugs... stay strong, ok?
Thanks sweetie. Lucky got this forum to let me rant abit. Let me "niam" out my frustrations. Frustrated not because my old man shouting but frustrated cos there's seems to b no other way out. Can't imagine when bb arrives, old man shouts n baby will wake up... Faint.... Lolx

then u act tummy pain then go away lor... ;p
Haha.. Good advice.. :) maybe I should try that..
Yes, me too have mild cramps at my lower abdomen, think it's because our uterus stretching huh?

These few days started to feel baby movements, not very strong movement, but it's like someone knock knock my tummy wall, haha :)

Also, i tried to sleep on my left side as my gynae advised so (he said from 20 weeks onward but I do it earlier just to have myself used to it), but still feel that sleeping on back is more comfortable...
last night while sleeping I thought I felt baby movement.. Very clearly like got a foot kick my tummy wall like that.. Then I woke up.. So now dunno whether dreaming or not.. :)

godblessmybb - Be more positive k & try to tolerant and it our responsible to care for our elderly nw as it not easy for them to bring raise us up. Only child tend to have more burden and i can't imagine if i the alone when my parent very sick coz my mum health is not good and luckily i have 3 others sisters to rely and depend on.

Joy - congrats tat ur placenta shifted up and hving bb gal :)

chiching - me too can only know gender this mth end. Duno why i really hope it will be a boy maybe i want a 'hao' zhi and also give my mother a grandson. But healthy is really impt.

godblessmybb - Be more positive k & try to tolerant and it our responsible to care for our elderly nw as it not easy for them to bring raise us up. Only child tend to have more burden and i can't imagine if i the alone when my parent very sick coz my mum health is not good and luckily i have 3 others sisters to rely and depend on.

Yes deary. Am trying my v best to stay positive n b as tolerant as I can. Pregnant n cnt get sleep is actually v tiring... Sigh...

Thanks sweetie. Lucky got this forum to let me rant abit. Let me "niam" out my frustrations. Frustrated not because my old man shouting but frustrated cos there's seems to b no other way out. Can't imagine when bb arrives, old man shouts n baby will wake up... Faint.... Lolx

i think most of us with aging parents understand your situation. My daddy after he stopped working unfortunately became a headache for us and for my mom as well. he's in the very early stages of dementia but not when it comes to money..hahaha...somehow become greedy after he starts getting his pension and doesn't want to share household expenses with my mom. I guess it's because he dotes on us too much when we were not working and now he wants to enjoy his earnings for himself...This is what i tell myself and my mom now. Also, he throws tantrums, fights with my mom for very trivial things then act as if nothing happened after a few hours. This drives my mom crazy. . Now, I'm my mom's sounding board, my mom always complain to me since I'm the only girl and my brothers can't understand her...hmm...now I'm ranting..hahaha...gotta stop now...not good for the baby...hahaha

i think most of us with aging parents understand your situation. My daddy after he stopped working unfortunately became a headache for us and for my mom as well. he's in the very early stages of dementia but not when it comes to money..hahaha...somehow become greedy after he starts getting his pension and doesn't want to share household expenses with my mom. I guess it's because he dotes on us too much when we were not working and now he wants to enjoy his earnings for himself...This is what i tell myself and my mom now. Also, he throws tantrums, fights with my mom for very trivial things then act as if nothing happened after a few hours. This drives my mom crazy. . Now, I'm my mom's sounding board, my mom always complain to me since I'm the only girl and my brothers can't understand her...hmm...now I'm ranting..hahaha...gotta stop now...not good for the baby...hahaha

Ya lor my dad I think also got dementia plus his head injury after the fall, he became delirious esp at night. It's really tough n no joke to take care of dementia elderly esp my dad who's deaf somemore plus noisy. Imagine I using a ear plug that's supposed to reduce 21db noise I still can hear him.... Wah your mum must b having a tough time too n lucky she got u to rant to deary....

she is having a hard time. my dad is really driving her nuts. some more she has hypertension as well. So i tell her to take it easy, sometimes we joke that if she continue think about the things my dad is doing she will die early...hahaha...

My tastebud changed too when i on lst trim...used to love bread, red bean, pumpkin which i can eat daily but i can't stomach it at all. Now ok leh...ur tastebud still not ok till now? Found that i prefer savoury food than sweet now..i used to like sweet than savoury.

yup, now still not ok. very sian. as opposed to #1, #2 realli giving me a tough time. hahaha!

if u dun mind gg orchard for yoga, can try mother & child @ tanglin mall. they jus explain wat they hv & leave it to u to decide

Good morning everyone!! TGIF!! Finally my hubby is coming back from his business trip tonight.. :)

Anyone going to toysrus sale at Novena?

Got a question, has any of the mommies experience that when they are about to eat (bfast, lunch or dinner), the urge to sneeze is always there? I just find it weird that every time I'm eating any of these meals, I will always have this feeling of wanting to sneeze. Then later on, maybe after 20 minutes, I will be sneeze two consecutive times...hahaha

Got a question, has any of the mommies experience that when they are about to eat (bfast, lunch or dinner), the urge to sneeze is always there? I just find it weird that every time I'm eating any of these meals, I will always have this feeling of wanting to sneeze. Then later on, maybe after 20 minutes, I will be sneeze two consecutive times...hahaha
hehe. maybe it's the food smell that makes u want to sneeze? i sneeze at all times of the day. LOL

Maybe...but it's actually regardless of the food...it only started after the second trimester. It's funny because the moment the food is in front of me, and i start to eat, my nose will start to itch...hehehe

Raineraine > nope... Detailed scan and 3D scan is different. Hv to pay extra for 3D scan and picture, and only can be done within certain weeks of the pregnancy...

Hi mummies, just to share on this article.

I think this is very good info especially for first time mummies! :)
To think of the first 3 months of your NB's life as the fourth trimester.
Very helpful to manage the stress of handling NB cries...

http://www.happiestbaby.com/why-newborn-has-plenty-of-reasons-to-cry/

I bought 4 books for reading:
The Wonder Weeks (recommended by a friend)
The Happiest Baby on the Block
Secrets of the Baby Whisperer
Secrets of the Baby Whisperer for Toddlers

Currently reading the Secrets of the Baby Whisperer.....

I bought 4 books for reading:

If wanna bf do read up lots of information and b well prepared what you will b facing. Juz my tots ;)

Hi mommies

My Edd is 21 jan 14. My elder one is 18mths now.

Congrats to all! May all our pregnancies be a smooth n enjoyable one.

Have you all know the gender yet? Is it accurate as of now?

Ppeanut, "ppeanut, post: 6223478, member: 137022"]I bought 4 books for reading:

Currently reading the Secrets of the Baby Whisperer.....[/quote]
Ppeanut, how much did you spend on the wonder week book? Can we get it from popular bookshop?

ok thanks alot for your help ladies :) by the way any mummies feel baby movement yet? can any mummies share where you normally feel it (eg. middle below belly button or side belly button ) and how does the sensation feels like? im still trying to learn to recognise baby movement :)

I think i'am, but I'm not sure. They said it should be something like gas feeling. But I'm feeling it in around the abdomen area so im not sure if that was it. By the way, here's the birdnest that my soon to be MIL prepared tonight for dessert...hehehehe
photo.JPG

Ppeanut, "ppeanut, post: 6223478, member: 137022"]I bought 4 books for reading:

Ppeanut, how much did you spend on the wonder week book? Can we get it from popular bookshop?[/quote]

Hi Molk,

I bought the Wonder Weeks and Happiest Baby on the block from Amazon.com

I search Kinokuniya online and saw that they were selling the Wonder Weeks for SGD 60.

The total I paid for Wonder Weeks (USD 25.44) and Happiest baby ( USD 10.86) = SGD 68.89 (including SGD 20.12 shipping fee)

= =
Secrets of the Baby Whisperer (SGD 13.67)
Secrets of the Baby Whisperer for Toddlers (SGD 25.73)
Both books from Kinokuniya

Hi raineraine, i felt my baby movement when i was about 17/18 weeks.
Now im same 20 weeks as you...the movements i experience is obvious. I put my hubby hands on my stomache and he felt it too.
I felt the baby touch the inside belly wall (below belly button)...i feel it about lunch time, evening time and most at night..normally 11pm.

ok thanks alot for your help ladies :) by the way any mummies feel baby movement yet? can any mummies share where you normally feel it (eg. middle below belly button or side belly button ) and how does the sensation feels like? im still trying to learn to recognise baby movement :)

Actually it depends on where ur placenta is situated. For mine I feel it below the belly buttom most of the tme but sometimes bb will move to the left or right nearer my thighs. It feels like someone knocking softly on the inside of the tummy when it's below my belly button and nearer to my thighs I feel uncomfy coz the 'kick' is generally harder n can give me a shock. I guess it's more sensitive there for me. If I lie still and don't move, I can generally see the thumping movements on my tummy. Hb can also see and feel but muz hav patience.

I feel it most of the time below my bellybutton. It's a very soft thumping inside. I felt it in the office starting last friday and I've been trying to be very sensitive about it so i can feel it again. Normally, i will feel it in the afternoon or in the evening.

do you all feel it in the middle or also at the sides? mine is always middle but below belly button , more like pulsing feeling. sometimes i feel might it be just a major nerve that is pulsing instead of bb move.

Back