(2014/01) January 2014

Old wives tale on crabs.... not to eat those seafood with alot of legs.... so far i nvr eat sotong and crabs since i preg. Used to be my favourite....

faye, NZ so good eh. here all about $$$.

oh for crabs, I heard is crabs are very 'han', colder than cold. our womb needs to be warm. Thus that's why people avoid crabs.

For me, I am like some of you.
Eating the no no in the list...
Last 3 weeks, i have taken crab, nasi lemak, curry, fried sotong, bat ku teh, black duck soup etc.

Somehow i cannot eat plain rice + dishes.
Since i am pregnant, i cannot eat a single day of homecook food.
Sometimes, I rather eat biscult for dinner than eat the food cook by my maid.

So all my meals are settle outside. Lunch + dinner.
My craving so far are bandung, milk tea, ice lemon tea, duck hor fun, ice kachang, fried prawn noodle and noodlesoup. These are the food i eat very frequently.

Nidellia, yeah, the system here is very good. The cost all covered by the government.

I craving for crabs but mum says cannot eat... I actually don't mind eating but my hubby is very uptight with this .
sad.gif
my mum also say cannot do painting else bb will have birthmark on the face... Hahaha a lot of old wives tales... When I share with my kiwi midwife she actually laughed hehehehe

Mommies... I recently started eating NIMM2 candies (fruit candy) to curb my MS then i find it quite ok for me.. it's not too sweet and it's juicy (sour) in the centre. But bcos I am afraid of taking too much sugar, I limit myself to 2 per day..

can try buying the tube form to try first for all the mommies facing MS problem.. hope this helps!

faye, i heard of the painting part too.... i was into decoupage as hobby before i was preg..which requires to do some painting. But i immediately stop after that. Some tales says cant use knife, scissors or any sharp object in bedroom also.

Crystalbelle, I cannot stomach rice..so I often cook plain porridge to go with the dishes.

fanntasy, only hear cannot do all these on our bed..

0re0,

if i'm not wrong, oscar scans for down syndrome.

NT scans mainly on baby's organs whether they r functioning well n any abnormalities

oh, i mixed up with FA scan. hahaha...

NT scan n oscar scan are the same.

What does OSCAR involve?
1. Ultrasound measurement of Nuchal Translucency (NT) at 11-13 weeks + 6 days gestation of the fetus.
2. A sample of the mother’s blood is analysed for levels of free beta hCG and PAPP-A (Pregnancy associated plasma Protein A).

oops heard from my colleague that we cannot eat too much fast food. as fast food has msg and sugar which might lead to gestational diabetes and high BP. she craved for fast food that time, ate often and then got diabetes. bb can becomes hyperactive too due to high sugar level. ladies, take note.

next mon, im going for my amnio le. hope everything will go on smoothly. my detailed scan and gender scan have been arranged on 10 Aug. So looking forward. Who knows i might have known my gender and test results before the detailed scan on 10th Aug. nervous. but think i need to relax and tell bb to be good during the amnio too!

fantasy, FA scan and amnio is not the same.

FA scan, also the detailed scan. scans the baby parts and measure the parts, organs, blood flow, heart beat of the baby. can even determine the gender at this stage too. check for normality of the organs. count the fingers i think. non invasive. just scanning.

amnio is to test for down's syndrome and chromosomal abnormalities. this test accuracy is 99.99%. Can test for gender accurately as well. this is considered invasive. they use a long needle poke thru the tummy into the water bag and extract some amniotic fluid. after that the fluid will be sent to the lab for analysis. mummy will have to rest after this for 2 days. risk of miscarriage of 0.3%.

Hohhot.... Ok. Thanks... I'm going for my Oscar scan next Tuesday.

Now all my friends know I'm preggers although intend to announce after the Oscar. All because we saw one of them at the bb fair last weekend. And that fella big mouth. Sian...

I just went to straighten my hair, and in the middle of it, realized I shouldn't be doing it.... :s

Haha Oreo, all the best for your upcoming Oscar scan. Ai ya in life we will all have such big mouth friends de... Lolx... Straighten your hair le then bo bian lor.. Dnt think will affect much ba
happy.gif

Hi gbob!

Hi all,

Haven't been in a long time...
happy.gif

Yah... But I was actually quite offended by one other thing someone else said. No brains.....

Yah lo... Do already also can't undo.... Just emailed my gynae to ask if okay, cos I can't wait till Tuesday..

Ya Oreo I noticed u MIA for awhile too nice to have u back here dear. From what I read from xiaxue's blog, apparently she says colouring hair during pregnancy is ok (seems to b told to her by her Gynae) so I reckon straightening hair shd b fine too since not as if we do that every week...

Wahhabi... U read her blog???
Yeah... But heard like some chemicals in the dye and the perm and straitening cream (or what ever u call that) is different...

The hair dresser also told me should b ok cos his wife also do when she was preggers and his babies turned out okay.... Only that he said if I had told him earlier, he won't put the cream too near to my scalpt.... Oh well.....

Ok i check with my mum
She said abt coconut milk .
Coconut is fr fresh not drink -all the cooling already pass to the drink so the fresh is ok.
my mum squeeze the fresh herself to made curry.
Usually outside will get those pkt coconut milk - process food which s not healthy

Mummies, sometimes awhile after eating right, I will feel ma chiam got food or something stuck at the chest area... But no burning feeling... Just ma chiam something stuck there. Is this considered heartburn ah?

Hihi, back from 12th week scan! Bb very active. Gynae got new machine, so played longer with it on me.

Gynae bet it is Likely a girl.. My blood test all ok. So wait for Friday's Oscar test and Down syndrome test. Next visit will confirm more on gender.

Gbob,
Sounds like it is just stuck..heartburn Normally got burning feeling leh..drink more water!

Thanks jasmommy. Now night time I dnt dare drink too much water ah bo midnight keep waking up to pee non stop. Haha. Good to hear your 12th week visit went well dear n all the best to your Oscar scan!

<font color="aa00aa">GBOB, same thing happens to me all e x! Esp at nite..I'd jus tink I ate too fast..v xinku hor I noe.. :-(</font>

My stomach is showing already...need to buy new clothes already...

Im also thinking of straightening my hair! i think should be safe lah..

I have abit of problem bending down now...like reaching below my work desk to pick up something..abit "xin-ku"

aiyo talking about crabs.... tomorrow i got team dinner and it's seafood dinner..... i was looking forward to the crabs..... how.....

I don't know if I'm just fat or my tummy is showing a little..... Lol....

Peanut, go straighten ba.... Think should b ok. Just ask the stylist not to put the chemicals too close to ur sculpt

Oreo..at first i thought im fat...until i did a test...

try bending down..if u are fat, ur tummy with "fold"...if ur tummy is still rounded when u bend, then its the baby....

Cos i have 3 "layers" of fats before...u know..when u slouch, ur tummy fats will "fold" to 3 layers...

Now i bend down...no layers..like a ball..

NO!!! Dun straighten hair! Chemicals for this is stronger than colouring. I suspect my jan loss was bcos i went for rebonding. I bled 2 days after i did rebonding.
My hairstylist ok to colour hair but wun do rebond for preggies.

I don't recommend doing any rebonding, coloring and perming during pregnancy. Better safe than sorry. I long wanted to perm my hair but now have to KIV long long.
sad.gif

Aiyoh...... But already straightened.... So far no spotting or bleeding.... Only got tummy ache. Would be the normal tummy ache...no cramps or what.....

Aiyah.... Wait till Tuesday then see how ba.

Peanut..... Then I think I'm just fat... Haha

OreO, since done..dun worry so much.. normally if hairstylist know you are pregnant.. will try not to have the chemicals touch your scalp.

Like last year end when I was breastfeeding.. my stylist make sure all the chemicals dun touch my scalp.

GBOB, you can try gaviscon. I had severe heart burn for last pregnancy. Gynea say I can have that. Initially I dun know... I try to avoid tea / coffee / chocolate / cabbage / apple / bananas..these food will cause heart burn.. And when I had that problem.. I will take some ice cream
happy.gif

Peanut and Oreo, my gynae says it's fine to do hair stuff after 3 months, also mani n pedi. But to b safe can let the person noe. And there are some dyes or chemicals thats not harmful to bb but I duno which salon has it. But I noe cityhall has 1 for mani n pedi tt is safe for preggers.

GBOB,

I had the same pro as you .. like food stuck rite at chest/ throat... feel better after having dinner...

I going for my Oscar later... hopefully everything will good.
happy.gif

morning *yawn

please motivate me to work... haha! the weather now is making me to apply 1/2 day later to sleep...

I so touched by a PRC lady yday nite when I was going back from outram mrt *she give up her seat to me hee

Shirlynn, thanks. So mine like that is considered heartburn ah? I was like mmm what is this... No acid or burning feel wor just something stuck at chest bone area. Jin gao Wei.

Lyn hope, all the best for your Oscar! Have fun dear!

Ya lo. Do already also can't un-do....nvm la....Tuesday going to see gynae already.....

Can tell the gender during the Oscar?

0re0,

i rebonded n coloured my hair when i was having my first. straightened my hair when i am carrying my 2nd now.

no scared no scared.

it's all up to individual's choice.

Oreo, some sonographers I think they can tell esp if u having boy I think. But depend whether the sonographer wanna reveal to u or not. Like mine, she dnt wanna comment... Zzzz

Back