(2013) ivf/icsi mummies Support group

Marble, you did the right thing. Sometimes cramps are due to uterus contracting. So by taking those progesterone jabs and medications, it helps the uterus to relax. Now you just need to relax and take those support medications. Don't carry heavy stuff and bedrest more. When will be your next visit to the dr? If you still have bad cramps, do go back for a jab. As long no red bleeding..a little cramps is alright. As long not bad cramps esp at the centre.

Hi Ica,

thanks. that's very reassuring.

Hi Reikibaby,

Dr has given me enough pregnyl jabs to last till week 12. As for proluton I have to jab 2x weekly also at GP clinic until I see him again 3 weeks later.

I was not asked to go on bedrest. It is necessary? I also have a cruise holiday booked for next week..forgot to ask the nurse if I can still go..

Hi Sade, thanks. I'm 18 weeks. Now n doing detailed scan next week. So is the prenatal course Childbirth education course n recommended for 1st time parents?

Hi marble, congrats to u. Read your story from the other thread.
Ya agreed with reikibaby, Bed rest more so that it can relax your uterus. Try to Cut down on walking too much n carrying heavy stuffs. The first 3 months is the most important n risky. So have to be careful.

Marble, going on cruise shouldnt be an issue. Just make sure you dun walk alot. Bed rest is to let your body relax, let your uterus relax. Don't bend too much, don't stretch too much. Now you just be good and relax. Treat yourself like you are in the 2ww after ET. Heee... Cos this moment we just want make sure bb stick tight and well to your uterus wall. So we dun wan to do anyting to disturb it.

Tutu, who will be doing confinement for you? After maternity leave, who will be taking care of your baby. Personally I did not attend the class cos i feel i probably will not remember all these after i gave birth. My mum will be doing my confinement so i can learn from her. Also i do some reading up so that can exchange ideas with my mum.

Adeline, i'm still using what i used before preg.

Sade, Reikibaby,

Thanks. A bit hard to do bedrest as I am still working...now trying not to leave my office chair unnecessarily..

Clinic just called. My HCG level is good at 29,000+. Praise the Lord!

Marble, the cruise itself shldn't be a prob so long as u take it easy, but the queuing n waiting to board n alight from the ship can be horrendous from my experience last year. Not sure if u'll meet with the long queues like I did. But I wldn't be able to tahan it in my condition now.

Marble, congratulations on your natural miracle! Try not to exert yourself too much, avoid all forms of raw food (uncooked meat, fish, or eggs) and if possible avoid crowded places as you may catch flu easily. But most of all lots of prayer and positive thoughts
happy.gif

Sade- still got 1 more lesson to go.

Dr talk was interesting. He talked about various issues new parents raise, about their newborn and manage expectations.

After the dr talk, was the tcm talk which was nothing new.

Actually, now that almost finishing the course, felt that it is not worth the $$$ paid.

Have u decided on the PD? If to use one from Thomson.

Whiteclover oic, read before in older threads that the doc talk is v boring, hence I skipped that. Seems interesting aft what u had described.
Ya me also felt not that worth it initially but then now I felt at least it's a bonding time with hubby, n also hb not reading up so it's good for him to attend n learn more hopefully.
The last class is more interesting cos it's hand-on on taking care of baby.

I have to check with dr Loh on PD issue. Will see what he has to say abt not using the in house PD.

Yup. Am more concerned abt when my own pd will turn up to check on the baby if I choose outside pd. My sis said hers arrived end of the day to check only, and she delivered in the morning.

I hv not been sleeping well recently. Keep waking up at night every few hrs, low energy levels in the day and the indigestion feeling came back with a vengeance. Do u experience that too? Last night, I woke up at 2am and couldn't sleep. Then 4am went to fry an egg to eat.
happy.gif

Good morning ladies! It's so good that it's a holiday today! :D

Does anyone know where I can get strapless bra without underwire? And can we wear silicone bras?

Whiteclover me too, suffering from insomnia. Woke up middle of night n can't sleep back till 1-2hrs later.
Oh I see that's the pro with outside PD. If that the case then I rather choose in house PD even thou more exp cos prefer immediate attention.
Thanks for informing me abt that. Din know abt this at all.
Wow fried an egg at 4am. Hehe.

Hi All,
I am a mother of two independent kids 7-yr old boy and 6-yr old girl who can help to look aft your kids if you are planning to spend a private/quiet night out wit your friends/spouse. I work from 6pm-12 midnight. I only take maximum 2 infants or 4 children per day. On weekends, i also take in overnight care.

Infants = 0-2 yrs old
Child = 2-12 year olds

Charges:
Nights: $40/infant or $30/child
O'nite : $70/infant or $50/child

Call me at 97708547 if you need to ask for more details.

Koirc, if im not wrong, burp cloths are for you to place on shoulder when burping the baby. They are slightly bigger/longer compared to hankies.

Psp try to eat 6prunes in the morning with empty stomach n then drink 2 glasses of warm water. Should help to pass motion easily.

Psp yakult is not so effective for me. Or u can try yoghurt too. Prunes work for me. N also no fried food now sin u r constipated. Eat more apples or guava.

Psp,

Brand's has this bottled prune essence.. More concentrated than prune juice and pretty effective.. Maybe u wanna check with the dr can take or not..

Psp, drink 3litres of water everyday and eat more guava and prunes. If still cannot, you can tell your gynae and he will prescribe done stool softener meds. Water is still the best solution.
happy.gif

ladies,
i remembered there's some mention abt confinement caterers. may i know if any1 has any recommendation?
i'm looking at tmc n natal.

Chevy just a suggestion. It's better to look for confinement caters that is near ur place for faster delivery.

the last time i attended a prenatal class... the nurse mention that apple juice is good for constipation... true enough whenever i take apples or apple juice it'll be easier for me to go toilet.

chevy,
it'll be good if u can get more help for confinement. you really need all the help you can get during the transition period of having a newborn... your mother would need to have experience cooking confinement food and taking care of newborn. my first born experience was quite stressful even tho i have my mum and a maid cos my girl was the first grandchild of the family so my mum had zero experience (bringing us up was like eons ago and really not counted seriously) and even with me, hubby and mum plus the maid who only takes care of the housework, i also find it very stressful cos no one had experience. just my two cents worth.

Reiki, my scan today went well!
happy.gif
My hubby and I already have been thinking that I'm expecting a girl... It turns out to be a boy! We were both surprised... I'm ok with it but just that I have wasted so much time looking at bb girl stuff... Now cannot buy! Haha...

Koirc, is a boy! Hehe rem last week I was saying abt ur belly button, n really turn out to be boy.
So u went for the detailed scan alrdy right? Can start shopping soon. Hehe

Sade, yes! I told my hubby you mentioned that it's a boy! Haha... Anyway, it was really a surprise...

Sade, okok thanks n noted. the nearest now for me is tmc liao.

Eskimobaby, we r engaging caterer so as not to tire out my folks and further more, my mum took care of my 1yr old nephew for a period of time hence I guess she has kinda "re-gain" the momentum
happy.gif

I suggested to dh to get a part time maid to clean house maybe like once a wk but he insisted he can handle wo. I am quite skeptical lor. Hiaz.... he so gung-ho! hahahaaaa....

Now i need to look for a good caterer to settle my meals so hope to get more recommendations here.

Congrats koirc! And all your worries abt not feeling any movt was unfounded!

Im down with headache, sore throat, cough n blocked nose. Taking a long time to recover as i refuse to take medicine except panadol. This has brought back my puking n nausea
sad.gif

Do u know if im doing the right thing? Not sure if my headache, cough n blocked nose will affect bb. Im feeling so much bb movt this week its funny!

Chevy, my mum and dh will also be helping out with my confinement. Mum will be doin the meals for me. Confinement catering not cheap right?

Koirc, congrats! So next scan a month later?

Tutu, try honey lemon drink. Soothe the throat, help w cough and flu. But if realli don't get well, pls see doc n take medicine. Cos it wont be good to be sick for so long and let the virus linger in your body.

Back