(2013) ivf/icsi mummies Support group

Koirc, Oh no, take care ya, try to rest well for today.

Reikibaby, it's not advisable to buy a single pump cos it's time consuming. Did u buy anything?

Where is Joanne? U should go robinson sales today. Still have on the shelf.

Sade, i have a gf who has big cup size. She finds electric pumps too painful for her nipples. End up with avent manual pump. Hence im hesitating. My that gf tried medela and avent electric pump but oni the manual suits her. She even joked dual pump double her torture. Haiz....

Luv, your previous pump was a single electric pump right?

reikibaby, oic, do u have big cup size too?

I rem luv used avent single pump and now she bought a dual avent pump.

Reiki, yup, used Avent single b4. The funnel size is the same for both single and double. Avent has a standard funnel, not so confusing like the Medela pump.

Reikibaby, don't scare me! My boobs are quite big now!
sad.gif

Is it normal to feel cramp at the lower abdomen?

I have been experience this for the past two days. Dont know whether is part of the symptoms for the 1st trimester.

Sade, im quite big...and looking at my nipples... I was wondering how it will feel when the pump starts to suck it....ouch.

Koirc, don't worry, i think can adjust the pressure. Just that i my threshold for pain is low. Now with sore nipples, if accidentally brush it, i will be moaning ...thats how bad i am. So when my gf was describing the painful sucking of the pump...i was visualising it.

Luv, you will be using milk bags or those containers to store milk?

Reiki, I'll start off with containers. If I'm blessed with more supply this time round then I'll consider using milk bags.

Psp, each cramp last a few seconds? As long not long cramps like af cramps shouldnt be an issue. Cos could be due to uterus stretching. However if you are worried, you can ask for an increase in progesterone medication as this helps to relax the uterus. So you be seeing bb next week? ;)

Reiki, hmmm... it's quite hard for me to estimate for u cos everyone is different. Maybe if u wanna b on safe side can get 1 box of milk bags to stand by? Then if need more can always ask ur DH to buy for u?

My dual pump came with a box of storage cups so I'll use those first. Plus I actually have another box of unused cups from b4. So think I dun need more milk bags.

Luv & Reikibaby, what milk bags? Sorry I am still so ignorant!
sad.gif

Psp, is it mild cramps? I had cramps in lower abdomen during 1st tri too. But it comes on and off.

Luv, thanx. Scared use container then gona take up alot space in freezer. But long run cheaper cos can reuse.

Koirc, after pump out milk can store in container or milkbag. Container can reuse but milkbag think cannot. Cos need cut the bag to pour out the milk into milk bottle then warm up.

The advantage of milk bags is that u can store them more compactly. Useful if u have abundant supply.

We can wash n sterilize bottles but not milk bags, so can't reuse the bags.

Hope, just get a variety of NB samples from the different companies first. Then u can decide which ones to stock up after trying them out. The better quality ones are of course Pampers, Mamy Poko and some say Merries.

I'll most likely go back to Petpet if my bb takes to it well. Cheap n good.

Hope, yeah, those are popular choices. Try not to stock up too much on one brand first until u're sure ur bb's not allergic to the brand. Otherwise wasted.

Luv, yah Thot maybe just buy 1 pack for a start coz samples can't last long also right? But of coz buy when nearer to delivery just that there are so many brands out there!

Good morning ladies! Yesterday I received milk powder samples from Enfamama. I tried to drink one cup before I went to bed. Wah, I felt so uncomfortable the whole night! So much wind in my stomach!!!

Reiki & Znatasha, do you feel baby movements within yet?

MTBs who are after week 20, can I know when you will feel baby movements every day? My friend said it usually happens at around same time each day.

Koirc, yah, I can feel bb move every day. Whether same time or not I din really take note. But if I'm hungry he seems to move, as if telling me to get some food, lol...

Koirc I guess my bb is more active in the mornIng n night time, maybe she knows I m working cannot disturb disturb hee... Bb kick n Punch is becmIng stronger le, ytd my hubby listen to my tummy n he get kiss on his face haha... We were both shocked.
happy.gif

Bbshower, so cute! I am waiting to feel more of bb movements. These few days a bit quite. I do feel on and off but not as distinct as when I felt it earlier in the week.

hope,
i like pampers. mamypoko i find it quite thick but it's good quality and absorbent. cold storage always has promotion for pampers while giant has promotion for mamypoko. must see which brand is suitable for your baby. if ur baby can take the cheaper brands it'll be good as it means more savings for you. huggies is also a popular brand but my girl gets allergic to it, always end up with nappy rash.

koirc,
i feel movements on and off throughout the day but he's most active at nite especially when i lie down on the sofa to watch tv. now i can feel his hiccups too.

bbshower,
my hubby is still waiting to feel his movements. it seems like every time my hubby comes over and puts his hand or head on my tummy, he doesn't want to move haha

Koric, I'll feel small little "pull" below belly button, I guess that's bb movement. I usu feel that at night when I lie on my side. Sometimes, bb will be very active when I'm feeling hungry in wee morning.

I just went to interview a maid yesterday. Still thinking should I hire one now. But I don't really need a maid now and my edd is next mar...
But my aunt advised me to hire one now as next yr all the new rules and new charges will be implemented.She even trained her maid to cook maternity food for her daughter-in law. But I already booked my confinement lady, will feel pai-seh to drop her...

Hmm...all these pulling also considered? Think i really cant differentiate....when hungry, tummy will have noise and movement...all along also like that so now i also duno if thats baby movement,

Znatasha, I think u should hire ur maid ur EDD to train her and set the rules lei. But maybe those ladies with maids can give u a better advice?

znatasha,
with a maid doesn't mean you don't need a confinement lady unless your maid is very experienced with newborns. yes, next yr the new regulations will start, so if u can get one by the end of the dec will be good, that is if you would need one to help u take care of baby when u return to work. u need time to train her and she can also learn the ropes from your CL. before your EDD, she can help you to really clean up the house and clean every nook and corner. just my 2 cents worth. even tho the maid is extra help but i feel that i dun wan to stress myself during confinement having to teach and monitor how she takes care of baby... all these can leave it till after ur confinement.

reiki,
baby movements will come from the lower tummy, it doesn't feel like hunger, more like little bubbles of gas or a butterfly flutter from the inside.

Ladies, I am in low mood again. Cos I could really feel more distinct movement earlier this week but these two days not so much. I want to feel my baby... Some people told me distinct movements come only in week 22. Is it true?

Sorry ladies to reply so late. My cramp lasted for an hour. Is on and off. I tried to take some snacks or biscuits and become better. Called up KKH O&G, was told to take Panadol if pain persists and is normal for 1st trimester.

Seeing doctor next Thur. I guess I will just bear with it, don't want to rely on Panadol to ease e pain, moreover I'm alleged to Panadol.

Bought the pigeon multi function bundle. Comes with bottles, brush, cleanser $188.

Would have bought more if my hb hadn't started to grumble abt the crowd and queuing. Feel like going again tom.

I also bot aden swaddle muslin: $10.

Carseat - they hv maxi cosi, joie,cybex etc there. As usual, long queue at pampers counter.

Whiteclover, how much did you pay for the cot?

My gf went there this afternoon too and told me I should go. Tomorrow sure very crowded!

Wash cloth, I think same as burp cloth. To wipe baby's mouth after they feed or drink.

Bought the cot from baby kingdom $509 (with latex mattress). There is another cot from spring maternity just next to it _ cheaper four hundred plus inclusive of bedding, oktotex mattress and also convertible.

When I bought the cot already, then I saw another cot near the front door which looks nice too. Big and solid, but can't rem if it is convertible.

Another thing, medela coming up with new pump next year called maxi swing. That is why pisa will be discontinued this year. Both pisa and freestyle at six hundred plus.

Pigeon queue and staff very inefficient and slow today. Hb queued for half an hour just to pay. So if u getting that, get hb to queue first.

Hi Eskimo and hope, thanks for the advice.
I'm actually doing part-time now and this is my 1st child, currently nothing to keep the maid busy at home till next yr. I was thinking if it's a waste of $ to hire now.
I wish to take up a Full time job after confinement, I think I'm the worrisome sort of person so my mind will be running wild if nothing to keep me busy.
Just keep thinking if it's too early to get now to train.

Back