(2013/10) October 2013

To all mummies having ms, hang on! I've been through it and everything that went in, even a mouth of water, comes back up with acid and bile. Sorry for the gross description. I tried a few ways which my gynae taught me though they nv worked for me as i nv suspected mine was a serious case. Just wana share with you in case it works for you: (some have been suggested before)

1. Have frequent small meals. Make sure they are of light taste. Strong tasting food may cause you gastric juice to react more even if u have cravings. It may result in more puking.

2. Separate all liquid and solid food. If you eat, don't drink the soup. If you really need to drink, wait for 20 min at least. Or drink some water 20 minutes before your meal. Food expand when they interact with water in our stomach, so we puke even more easily.

3. Keep a couple of dry plain crackers with you. Immediately when you wake up, take 2 pieces before getting off the bed. Rem, do not brush your teeth or drink water before that. The dry cracker will soak up your acid. For mummies like me who throw up even crackers, have plain white bread instead.

4. Stay away from food with diary product. That will include chocolate, butter etc. As our digestion slows down, these food stay longer in our gastric and will cause gas and quesiness.

5. (This is also from KKH) Sip plain water all day long. Try not to have gulps of water as it fills your stomach fast and cause quesiness easily. Esp of you feel like gagging, sip a mouth of water every minute. If you don't mind, sucking on ice cube is effective too. But don't do it too often.

6. If you can, go to the candy store and buy some candied ginger. Chew on it in small quantity to remove nauseasness and metallic taste.

Just some of the ways i can remember as of now. Mummies who have more methods please feel free to add on..
happy.gif

Flower, so sorry to hear this. Hugz.

Blurlemon, don't force yourself to drink large quantity at one go. Sipping water throughout the day is more effective and better for ms. Jia you!

Mintwy, thank you so much for the tips! Been trying not to puke for past 2-3 weeks. Another possible tip is to take a slow walk. Not sure why, maybe because I'm distracted by the surroundings, so don't feel as nauseous.

Blur lemon, yeah yeah, don't drink too much liquids at a go. I did that just now and stoned for one hour trying to prevent myself from vomiting.

I posted this in another thread about some foods to take for preventing constipation:
1. Very ripe bananas. Skin should have black dots
2. (ang moh) pears. Ripe until soft enough to scrape easily. Only ripe pears work.
3. Ripe papayas. Must be RIPE. Unripe papayas can cause miscarriage
4. (ang moh) spinach. What Popeye eats aka puay leng.
5. Yogurt/probiotics (works for my dad!)
6. Prune juice. Maybe start with quarter a cup first. Too much will lead to diarrhea
7. Ripe peaches

Of cos consume all in moderation eg. too much papaya will turn a person yellow lol.

Hi flower, sorry to hear that. Do rest well.

Hi faithangel, I will be going for my DS scan next week too.naturally anxious as this is my first child anf im already 36.

Flower

So sorry to hear that, mini confinement after expelling. U can also see tcm to tiao your body as will be quite fertile within 3 months.

Pls take care.

Wenz

Next week i'll only be seeing baby for the 2nd time and its the test liao...

Flower,

Sorry to hear that... Hugzz..

After expelling the sac, For mini confinement of 2 weeks, remember to replace plain water with Longan Red Date Ginger tea. Eat plenty of food cooked with Sesame Oil + Ginger. Wear long pants and Wear socks to sleep to keep yourself warm, away from the Wind. Do not carry heavy things for the whole month... Have plenty of bed rest. Sleep early every night.
After the bleeding stop, you can start to take tonics such as bazhen, shi quan da bu to nourish your body back for ttc again.... Don't lose hope!! like what Faithangel said, see a TCM to tiao your body back.

Hi Ladies

Unfortunately my sac was empty too. Hugs Flower, be strong ya. I will be doing my d & c on this wed, cos dont wish to drag, just wanna a closure and move on.

Gals, Jia you ya.. Be positive and embrace with open arms to welcome your little bundle soon ya. Though we can't celebrate in Oct together, but I will pop by the chat to see how you guys are ya, Jia you Jia you Jia you. Will keep you ladies in my prayers.

Anyway, I still can't access to the FB page, don't mind if I join in???

Cheers Ladies

<font color="0000ff">flower and akira, sorry to hear that. Hugs..
Dun feel sad abt this, i have two empty sacs in last august, din undergo any operation but with oral and insert medicine to clear it, took a long while cos they both at my csect scar. Whole thing cleared by nov/dec. And now im conceived. Always stay positive okay, and let us know if have good news in the very near future.</font>

Akira, sorry to hear abt what has happened. Do a mini confinement and rest well. God bless u with a healthy bb soon.

Dear all,

Im a mother to a 10 weeks old baby boy currently on maternity leave. I worried alot when I was pregnant. Kept wondering if what i ate and did were right for my baby but I felt much better after made some friends here and joined the support group - it was comforting simply to know that I was not alone in whatever I was going thru. The friendship continues, in fact we are meeting for lunch at Compass Point BK at 12pm later.

My sister is expecting in June, so I started creating a group for her and then I thought I can start the ball rolling for others too. On retrospect, my approach may appeared too aggressive, coming out of nowhere and started to promote the groups. Sorry if this has caused any unease. I try to do as much with the little pockets of free time when my boy is asleep and I didn't read that there an existing group already.

My heartiest congrats to all of you.. enjoy pregnancy! Cheers...

Good morning mummies.

I went for my checkup yesterday, i'm about 7 weeks and i saw the heartbeat yesterday.
happy.gif

I told my doc about me travelling in 2 weeks' time. He advised against it. He says he is usually against travelling in 1st trimester as there is no doc or help if anything happens on board or in a foreign country.

But i made up my mind to go because my flight is booked and this meeting is important to me.. so far has anyone travelled before at 1st trimester?

Btw, my EDD is not in Oct but early Nov! I hope u all dont mind i remain in this thread. Haha.

Flower and Akira: pls take care and rest well.. hug hug

My first pregnancy I travel to Europe for my honeymoon at ard 6wks. Booked long ago and dun expect me to be pregnant so fast. So just go even though the gynae dun encourage. But just play safe bring along common medicine suitable for preggie. Enjoy your trip. Im going holiday at end of march too. For me i think as long as your pregnancy got no complications (cramp, blood, severe ms) go enjoy your trip.

Kayliz, for my #1, i did travelled when i was at 9wks.. just have to be very careful ba. my gynea at that time was very helpful n he offered a a week HL to stay at home to rest enough before i travelled.. i didn't take up the offer since it was a 10 days trip n i had to make sure i clear all my work before i go off. i brought vitamins n duphaston along for the trip.

flower &amp; akira: so sorry to hear dat...stay positive &amp; rest well..

now im kinda kanchiong oredi...by now everyone has heard their baby's heartbeat...ive yet to hear mine now @ 11wks...so many 'what if's in my mind....

KS Lover: u have not went for your 1st checkup right? Dont worry, on your next appt sure can see at 11 weeks.

Oh ya, i also did a blood test at 7 weeks, nv before in my previous pregnancy.
I wonder what they check for?

Flower and Akira,

sor sorry to hear about that.. pls rest well and yes, you girls are definitely still welcome if you wanna join us!

to all mummies, to make things easier, I switched off my private settings in FB, pls add me in FB and then MSG me and tell me you are an OCT mummy then I'll add u straight into the group from there.. =D hope it works better then!! hehe, maybe FB problem, but i added all of u the same way, some gotten it some didn't.. hope to see u girls in FB!

my email address for FB: [email protected]
my nick in FB: Jeslyn Genevieve
my profile pic is my family pic of us cutting a b'day cake.. =P

should be able to find me la hor? =P

Hugs to Akira. So sorry for your loss.

KS Lover, don't worry too much. I understand how important it is for mummies to hear the hb. But i keep reminding myself my emotion can be passed on to my baby. So try to think of the brighter side always.
happy.gif

Hi Lilprecious,

added &amp; pmed u
happy.gif

Hi Mintwy,

Thanks for the encouraging words...just hope for the best this fri...
happy.gif

KS Lover, did you see blinking of the heart? last time my gynae dint let me hear the heartbeat cos her machine not so good. i heard heartbeat during the oscar test at tmc.

I am seeing gynae next week...hoping for the best too actually....

Wow.. Seems like a few mummies had done the DS scan. My DS scan is on 3 April. But TMC fully booked. So must join in the WALK IN queue early in the morning and was told to expect to wait for at least half a day. The whole week is fully booked! Gosh.. I had seen the heartbeat of my baby during my previous scan at about 9 weeks. Now school holidays, thinking that can rest. But my son wants me to play with him. Shagged...

Hi Mummies, am back to this thread after missing for a while. Nursing a sick child is so tiring.

Akira and flower, sorry to hear that and take care and nurse your health back.

Some of my colleagues are starting to ask abt my growing tummy. Anyway I read that some of the mummies are gg for a trip next week. I presume should be okay if we do not have spotting and stuff right? Am going away next week too.

Hi mummies, have been following the post and never create an account. Have always been a silent reader. Decided to join this time round. Having my 2nd Child. Since have got very good advice /info from the forum during my 1st preg, decided time for me to join and share info. Not sure how this works, so appreciate some guidance.
happy.gif

long weekend next week, think airport should be quite packed.. and my family shall be one of them.. hopefully by then my giddy spell is over.. if not shall bring a wheelchair along for me.. sob sob... anyway enjoy the long weekend

fynn, maybe i will get to see u at 3rd Apr waiting at TMC.

hi kayliz: yup my 1st check up will be this fri...hopefully can hear/see baby's hb...fri pls come fast!!

snakey: havent go for my 1st appt...mine late coz im a subsidized patient...

blurlemon, realised we are seeing the same gynae and our EDD is the same! Haha! Are you also walking in for the scan??? Haha! Or you have appointment??

Ankh, my parents not around already.

<font color="0000ff">Lunch time is over, 3+ hours more..yicks

My nauseous is bad especially after meal time, then night time getting worse...>_<

My DS scan scheduled on 18Apr, by then is about 12 weeks, then go weekend cruise the next day, hope my MS subside by then.</font>

<table border=1><tr><td>name</TD><TD> </TD><TD> child #</TD><TD> </TD><TD> EDD</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Doctor</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Hospital</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Gender</TD><TD> </TD><TD>staying at</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>mintwy</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 1</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 01 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Chen Lin Han</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Mt.A</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>KS Lover</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 2</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 04 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> NIL</TD><TD> </TD><TD> NUH</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Fernvale</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Eli</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 2</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 05 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Dr Tan</TD><TD> </TD><TD> KKH</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>happyenough</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 2</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 05 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> HK Ho</TD><TD> </TD><TD> M.Alvernia</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> AMK</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>wenz</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 1</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 06 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> CCK</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elya</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 1</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 07 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Benjamin Tham</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>faithangel</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 2</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 07 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Watt Wing Fong</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Raffles</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babychloe</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 3</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 09 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Paul Tseng</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Hume Ave</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Stella</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 1</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 11 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Heng</TD><TD> </TD><TD> PEH</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kel</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 5&amp;6</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 12 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Paul Tseng</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>blurlemon</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 3</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 13 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Adrain Woodworth</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> SengKang</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fynn</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 2</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 13 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD>Teban Garden</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Blueberi</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 2</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 14 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> John Tee</TD><TD> </TD><TD> KKH</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Compassavale </TD></TR><TR><TD>Littlefren</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 2</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 15 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> John Tee</TD><TD> </TD><TD> KKH</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Buangkok</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cayenne</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 2</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 16 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> WK Tan</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Pasir Ris</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>snowflake</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 1</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 17 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Tham Kok Fun</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Gleneagles</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> T.Blangah</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>happymum</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 2</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 21 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Yvoone soong</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD>B.Batok</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>mag</TD><TD> </TD><TD>2</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 21 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Vincent Lee</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Mt. A</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Bishan </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rian</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 1</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 21 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>XL Mum</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 2</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 21 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Fong Yang</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Mt. A</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>JV</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 1</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 22 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Eunice Chua</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bonnies</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 2</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 22 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Hii HC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Mt.A</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ryy</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 2</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 26 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Paul Tseng</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> West Coast</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>lilprecious</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 3</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 27 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Douglas Ong</TD><TD> </TD><TD> M. Eli. </TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Pasir Ris</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>monmon</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 2</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 28 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Paul Tseng</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Marsiling</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>susan</TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> 30 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>snakey</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 3</TD><TD> </TD><TD> end Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>SN</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 2</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 01 Nov</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Chan Kong Han</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Gleneagles</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> T.Payoh</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ankh</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 2</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 02 Nov</TD><TD> </TD><TD> WK Tan</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD>Kovan</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yunzz</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 2</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 04 Nov</TD><TD> </TD><TD> benjamin tham</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Farrer Park</TD><TD></td></tr></table>

ehhhh... i only received pm in FB from mintwy..but added 3 others, do rem to send me msg arh! else i dono u are oct mummy, i wont add u in the private group... =Pp

Me also walking in early morning for my DS scan on 28th then see gynae at 1030am... That's how I am going to spend my birthday! Hahaha

See that some of you be travelling or wonder how safe is travelling. Some gynae are very gung-ho and allows us to travel, some are more cautious. My gyane is super cautious type and has advise against travel during 1st trimester. Too bad that my work overseas trip has pre-scheduled long ago and went ahead for a wk in Shanghai.
During Kiddo #1, did travel for both holiday and work but only during 2nd trimester. So this was the first time that have travelled when bb was only wk5. Because of the travel, had went to see gynae pre-travel and he ask to see me again post travel, so i already went to see him twice @ wk 5(see only sac) and wk7 (hear heartbeat and see the fetus). Now is at the same stage as many, MS... haiz... dinner is the most challenging moment of the day, on what to eat and still have to pretend to be eating well.
happy.gif
(haven't inform family abt being preggie except for hubby)

XL mum: i did a lot of research and mostly all mentions it is safe to travel during 1st trimester.
Travelling will not increase the chances of miscarriage or anything but i believe, like my gynae, many docs are just worried about lack of medical attention should it be needed.
My hubby told me to go ahead if i wish to, he said if i keep worrying or being negative, things will just turn out that way.
if i were to cancel my trip, i need to have a valid reason thus everyone will know about my pregnancy.

My flight is about 4 hours so i guess will be manageable.. i enjoy biz trips because every trip is a learning experience for me and i dont wish to miss it.
But like u said. Kinda hard because i also have slight MS so must try to hide it from everyone.
Let's be positive.
happy.gif

Back