(2013/10) October 2013

Hi Mummies

Nice to meet all of you here!
I am expecting my 2nd one in early oct..
EDD 1st Oct 2013

My elder son is 22months.. Terrible two is coming really stressed up haha..

Nice to meet u all here!
My gynae is Dr Loke from Singapore Womans clinic..

I just passed my first trimester and really things start to brighten up after first trimester so hang on ya!
happy.gif
)

Lilprecious, can confirm join the FB group means it's private, my other friends cannot see what we talk about right? Sorry ah, I not FB savvy, n still don't want to announce pregnancy yet.

Hello all mummies and/or mummies-to-be, im very new to this forum. my due date is on 22 oct this year.
As a first time mommy, i tink i am rather overwhelmed by everything. the morning sickness, the worrying thought of labour (im super scared of pain!), bouts of sadness and being very emotional from time to time.
is anyone feeling as confused as i am?

p/s: my ms is rather bad too. sometimes the nausea feeling is just simply too much to bear. really hope that all our ms will end soon.

Hi hi... My edd is also on 22nd oct.
happy.gif
dun worry you r not alone with this emotional swing. This is my 2nd one and the other day was telling my hubby that I feel empty like the bb not in the stomach, and his reply was... How come u asking me the same qn again. Haha... Cos I kept asking him that during my first child too. MS can really make one feel really bad, rem that I forced my hubby to bring me to 24hrs clinic to see doc during first preg cos was vomiting so badly. Not that the doc can do anything. See the previous post, some mummies really give very gd advice on how to reduce MS.
happy.gif

Opps... Jus realised my edd is 21st oct. haha... Guess cos my first one was born on 22feb, and kept thinking its 22nd. Haha... Guess preg makes one very forgetful.

btw, anyone look for confinement lady yet? Had a bad experience during kiddo#1 and ended up paying deposit to a CL who is brand as a "con" in the forum. Haha... This time round, thought of finding earlier, to my shock, the friend recommended one already got job for mid nov delivery! Wow! That's like so fast! Was wanting to wait till 1st trimester to be over before calling initially...

I confrimed mine once I saw bb hb. She is my mum's sister so no need pay deposit. I ask her how much she cahrge me. She just say anything. Sianz. Cos anything mean muz give at least markwt rate if not dun look nice. Haha i thought she will give me discount like say 2k or 1.8k.

current market rate for confinement lady is 2.3k hor. So ex. My first child confinement done by my mum(just an angpow for mum) 2nd one I did it myself with catering (~1k) but end up I feel very weak alway here pain there pain after 2nd pregnancy. My mum say I didnt do proper confinement. So this time which might be my last one have to do a proper one.

I so scare of doing confinement. Cos I hate drinking the red date tea. Basically during my 2nd confinement. I just drink warm water. Lazy to boil and the one provided by caterer is so thick. And i dun like oily food as well as ginger. The only dish I like is vinegar zhu jiao. Arrghh just think of it I sainz.

my mom did my confinement for #1 and will be doing for #2. It was a simple confinement as she didnt really know alot of confinement dishes to cook besides zhujiaochu, sesame sauce mee sua etc. but simple confinement also works. don't have any aches or what.

Blurlemom, why don't your mom do your confinement for #2 and #3?

XL mum, I booked mine when I was about 7 weeks. N I was told she was booked till August back then already. So I m lucky. She is my previous CL so no deposit required n charges is 2.3k. Think that time a few weeks back i did urge mummies looking for CL to book early as d good ones usually booked quite fast!

This will also be my last confinement so hope to do it well... Hb say to extend to 6 weeks but I m still considering... Quite ex le..

<font color="0000ff">gd morning mummies...just wanted to share what happen this morning in the train.

I was lucky that someone alight at jurong east stn, and i got the reserve seat. But at the same time, an old lady board the train, so i gave my seat to her but she refused to seat, she say she can stand and ask me to sit. My tummy actually pretty obvious now, like 5 months pregnant. Then another women board at the next stn, but i diden stand up cos she wasnt that old compared to the first women. After a while, the first women ask the china man who sit next to me, to give his sea to the women, that china man look at me, he think i should be the one, simply bcos mine is a reserve seat. Then he ask say why dont two of u sit, and he hint me to stand up. the first women rejected as well.

Then another women board the train, ask me to offer sit to the first women...same, the women say dun need dun need..

So sian....i nearly wan to say, po po pls sit, i dun wan ppl to curse me...altho i also have the priority to sit.</font>

Thanks XL mum for your words of comfort.
My colleague told me to start looking for CL asap too. Unfortunately the one she recommended cannot make it for my EDD. So i have to look for another one.
I just got married end 2011 and I recalled that I was searching for a good bridal studio, makeup artist, etc etc. Now im searching for preggie-stuffs related. and both also the same. everything also must book fast fast!!

hi happy mum, i empathise with you. if only the first popo sat at ur seat. then u wouldnt be caught in this uncomfortable position.
i agree, taking trains at our stage now can be rather challenging. do u gers feel that the trains dont have enough oxygen? I am always so afraid that I will pass out or puke in the train.
rite now, i tink most of our tummies are still not so obvious. so it is rly difficult to show that we have the priority to sit at the reserved seat.

happy mum.. I can relate to you. Before i started driving i used to take train a lot. Very often i see all these old po po who don't want to sit. Usually i'll insist to them nicely as i feel that they rrly need it more than i do. But once i was in the train with my sis and i was feeling faint. I turned white and my sis managed to find me a seat after some stops. But an elderly came in and i tried to let her take my seat. She must have seen my state and she rejected. To prevent her from misunderstanding me, i thanked her and told her that i was feeling faint. The po po was very kind and told me not to worry. Maybe this trick will help others around to realise our situation..

Blurlemon, I agreed with you. Dr Adrian very generous in giving MC.
Anyway, anyone wants to buy Philip Avent electric Single Pump??? I bought it during first pregnancy and I ended up changed to MEdela..

on trains, i board at pasir ris stn. but alot of pple took from tampines back to pasir ris, so usually only priority seats left. since i found out about my pregnancy, if i'm travelling for short distance (say 3-4 stops), i won't find myself a seat. But if travelling further on trains, I will find a seat (regardless if it's priority or not). dun want to risk fainting or throwing up on the train..

but frankly, sometimes i do wonder... which is worse: (1) elderly fell bcos they cant balance on train, (2) pregnant woman fell bcos they cant balance on train? :x

on confinement lady, i oso tot of sourcing after my 1st trim... but seems like everyone is telling me to do so now, else all the gd ones will be taken up... shucks, think i must really start sourcing ard le.. sighz.. *tired*

My mil did first confinement for me.. I did not take ginger cos I was breastfeeding and bb jaundiced was v bad.. my mil is not experienced w confinement.. i usually eat dumplings, nuggets, all except confinement food haha.. I engaged malay masseur and it was good.. although ex.. she cleared my block ducts when my breast were engorged and i managed to breastfeed till now.. and usually after massaging i will fart alot hahaha.. expel wind.. I will encourage mummies to go for postnatal massage if u know of a good masseur
happy.gif
)

Arh.. This mrt thingy is really tricky! I had the same problem yesterday. Haha... A preggie lady came in and I din see and was happy reading our forum, so another lady say and offer the seat and say quite loud that sorry she din notice the lady was big and give me a look. I wasn't even sitting at priority seat. Haha... But the other day, I did give up seat to another pregnant lady. Being a plus sized lady, I simply looks fat and not pregnant. Haha... Plus was feeling ok that day. Yesterday was bad, got those vomiting feeling. Hehe..

Ya..i have been sourcing for CL ever since my friend's CL told me she is BOOKED till end Oct..i checked with her when i was like wk 6!Gosh..how early do we need to confirm!
Managed to get one lady whom i was quite comfy with on phone, will be confirming her tml, but shes rather ex..$2600 ..ouch...
So do start calling CL soon, if you all intend to have CL..i think its too hot a market...

all my colleagues keep asking if i'm preggie. And i cant tell them yes cos still in first tri and don feel like announcing yet. but i don think i'm showing yet cos i'm only 7 weeks! and i'm a first time mom. arghhh...

I have just confirmed my CL today. She charged 2.4k. Inflation... Haha... Two years ago it only cost me 2k. But my friend speaks good of her and she was quite honest to highlight that if my child comes early there may b some overlap issues cos she need to b in Malaysia for a min period before she can come out again. Based on my previous experience (first kid is overdue), chance of bb arriving early is quite low.

<font color="0000ff">on my way and again, got myself a reserve seat. Hope a smooth journey. My MS always get worse during now till night time. I even prepare myself plastic bag just in case i cant tahan anymore. Another 3 weeks to end 1st trimester. counting down.

My mom also wan me to hire a proper CL, my first was done by my mil, amd my mom feels that i din do a gd n proper confinement. So this time round will more likely engage an experience one. still dunno her charge price, from MY.</font>

Most CL are from Malaysia. Heard this year market rate is around 2.3k. Quite important to have a nice CL, especially for first time mum attempting to do breastfeeding. Some CL can really be nasty and pointing at the mum not producing enough to feed the child. Well, at least on breastfeeding part my previous CL din comment much, thou she is lously at cleaning my kitchen after use and spoilt my induction cooker plus steam instead of cooking wine w chicken (thankfully I din get intoxicated, haha..)

hi ladies, are all your ms happening only in the morn? mine seems to be through out the day. and it gets even more horrible when my stomach is empty. also do u gers eat more often now?
i eat small meals throughout the day, but i still get nausea.

hi mummies,
what tests do we have to go through now?
i thought oscar was to be done during 20 weeks?
now, oscar can be done at 12 weeks?
thanks

Hi yunzz, i understand that there be 2 oscars
happy.gif
One at 12 wk and one at 20 wk
happy.gif

RS: i get ms throughout day and night..sigh

XL mum: i feel so ouch!!2.6 sounds like alot compare to the mkt rate
sad.gif

My tummy is quite obvious but no one gv up seats for me
sad.gif
sometimes I even hv to squeeze up a packed train cos running late
sad.gif
can't help but thinking if tummy gets bigger, how do I squeeze? Will ppl shun me or nice enough not to push me?

My ms will get worse towards evening time. No rice for me at night. Only porridge n soupy stuff. During work I hv to standby biscuits or bread to munch abit every 45 mins or so else I will gag...haizzzz

Oscar scan is at 12-13 weeks n detailed scan which is compulsory at 20 weeks...

Wow! 2.6k on CL is v ex n not to mention we still need to gv them Ang pow when they arrives n goes back!

Babychlor: hang on there, ms should get better. The good news is ms usually means high hcg according to my gyane last time round. This time, I do have ms but it was so much better than kiddo#1, ironically it make me a bit worry. Haha..
But this one seem to like spicy food better. Hehe... So now is curry for me, which I'm trying not to eat too much of that, since I'm already a plus size, room for weight gain is really minimal.

Do envy you'll that tummy showing. Always think pregnant lady is the prettiest. Hehe... My tummy jus look like part of my fatty physique
I should be skipping Oscar scan. Din do for kiddo#1
Rian: maybe your CL provide some extra services, just take it that she is premium services. Usually recommend by friend should b ok bah.

Ya though ouch but I try to think it as paying a little extra for a better experience. Hopefully no nightmares and happenings !
I didn't get to choose if I wan Oscar wor... Was automatically booked for it.. Hmmmm

While ms make us very down, but I try to think it as our bb growing well.. All for them ! Lets jiayou

XL mum, i was hoping my tummy dun show so early cos I dun intend to disclose till 12 weeks but it shows v early at 5 weeks... Haiz... So d whole office already knows n starts asking. I can only smile...

All d food I once craved for no longer attracts me... It fact it puts me off...now I eat only for d sake of eating!!

Everyday can't zzzz well n plus d ms n needs to work is tiring me out to d max. Every night I need to rest on bed at 9 plus... Luckily my boys zzzz early...

Cos my mum need to take care of her grandson and she stay too far so abit Difficult. The first one i did the confinement at her house. 2nd one like no place to stay too. But weekend she will come over to cook for me.

3rd one I muz do a proper one. Although I secretly hope I have the fourth one. Hee. But hubby say max is 3. Sob. Actually he wan to stop at at 2.

I booked my confinement when i was 4 weeks pregnant cuz a lot good ones r alrdy fully booked. My first pregnancy no confinement lady. Is a torture!
Gonna stop at #2... cannot tahan the MS...

Did most of u book confinement nanny tru agencies? I intend to book after 12 weeks to cfm.

have ur heard of PEM agency? R they good? any reviews on their nannies? its my 1st time and last time hiring cos for my 1st child I didn't hire and I did not have a gd confinement.

Wow... Seems like many alrdy started looking for n confirming CL.... So clueless as to where to start as this is my first.... Also saw quite a few recommendations from the forum for PEM...
But I guess is also matter of luck, some met gd ones.... Some not so gd...... :s

Always just feel like sleeping the weekends away! Enduring n hoping will b better after week 12....

Dear mummies, I only knew about this support forum today. Am a first time mummy with Edd 27 oct. Did not tell my colleagues or friends about it as was waiting for 12 week.. feeling ms sometimes and moody cos of this.. now still early days but one of my friend was advising me to apply clarins stretch mark cream. I heard the oil based one is very good but do not know the name. Can anyone advise?

Congrats jasmine and welcome!
happy.gif
think some of the mummies r already applying. I did not cos was simply too lazy plus first one already had the mark...
Hi mummies, I went to the expo fair today. Super small and was super jam to get to expo becos of the electronic sale. End up me shopping at the bb expo and hubby go electronic fair to get DVD player and electric kettle. Keke...but in anyone looking for cheap maternity wear for causal or sleepwear, they do have some. Most of the usual bigger name r not in this round. Think there is another one in may.

Thanks for the advise xl mum!

Just wanted to share how i feel : Recently I feel so tired during work that I make it a point to go back home early. Feel so tired when I stay past 7 at work. I aim to go to bed at 10+ during weekdays now. Always feel that time is not enough cos i sleep early now.My usual bedtime before pregnancy is 11 or 12.. i think most of the mummies feel this way too right?

Jasmine, I feel the same too... Everyday struggle to wake up to go work.... At work so tired.... By the time I go pick my hubby in the evening.....I'm sometimes tired until no mood to eat dinner...
Usu will just eat quickly... Reach hm.... Bathe n just stay in bed watch tv till I sleep..... Hehe....
I hope iris just a passing phase for us..... :s

Thanks rian and babychloe. i forgot about the detailed scan..only remember oscar..

anyone still taking utrogestan?
when can we stop taking that?
it makes me even more sleepy after taking

Ankh..yes, secret one only us who are in the grp can see...

Twinkle, I cannot find u in FB..can u Find me instead?

Welcome Jasmine.. We have the same EDD..pls add me in FB and i'll put u in the secret grp..pls pardon me if I nvr add u girls fast enuf cos last week I had events..n kept throwing up all over again.. Pm me if I miss u okay..thanks all.. I'm trying to find the way to make someone else a co admin so she can help me when I miss anyone out.. Anyone able to do so? Lol..

Yes yes JHW!!!! How r u??? Thanks thanks ..fingers crossing
happy.gif

Hi lilprecious, I pm u on fb too, didn't rec notification yet. Will bomb u again
happy.gif

I'm taking dupherston, think its similar , heard take till wk 12

Back