(2013/10) October 2013

Hello mummies,

Have been following the thread but didn't say anything yet as I wasn't feeling well even before I tested positive..lol. cos I had been having stomach flu for every month since Jan, at first when I felt very nausea I thought I had stomach flu again..=p but my mensus did not come, started to worry n went ahead to test, wasn't part of our plan though me n my hb said to try in mid of this year so I can give birth next year instead.. hehe so I guess it was all part of God's plan n his gift to us..

This will be my #3..I have 2 boys, so of cos, I hope for a girl now, if possible..this preg is much more difficult for me, feeling nausea & vomitting non stop till now..having breakouts too, things that did not happen for my past 2 pregnancies are happening now..make me feel like quitting my job, so xin ku everyday..sigh..

Kel, I've heard and know of ppl who have 6-7 boys... I shiver at the thought..so i salute u! my hb said this time round when finding out the gender he's not gg into the room..lol..

Happymum pls add me too, thank you!

Child: #3
EDD: 27/10/13
Gynae: Doc Douglas Ong (Mount E)
giving birth at Mount Alvernia
Staying at: Pasir Ris

Currently both my kids is in cc. My maid will be at home do house work and cook the kids dinner and our dinner. Morning my hubby will send the kids to school. But evening most of the time is my maid who fetch them. By the time im home both alr3ady had their dinner and bathed. So my duty is to read story/play with them and put them to bed.

I think filipino maid is the most vain and horrible. They come to find bf one. So far the current one and my first maid from Indonesia seem good. My advice dun get filipino and young one.

Now my ms seem to reach the peak. Eat or dun eat also want to puke. Super sianz. Weight check i lost 2 kg. Feel so weak alway go gp take mc. Haha think b4 may my mc will finish.

heya! mia over the weekend.! now in btw jobs. haha.

the preg symptoms seems to have subsided as with the bloating. tml seeing dr.. *nervous* le. dunno gd or bad..

heard taking more vit c helps to curb MS.. maybe that works?

morning mummies,

can see during wkends most mummies MIA, bz wif family i guess, just like me...

@blurlemon: so envy! only 6kg previous pregnancy? wow! i gained 16kg previous! hopefully current wont be as much as i didnt get back my pre-pregnancy weight after giving birth...dont wanna look too bloated!

good morning ladies!
wah soo many posts last night!

hi cayenne,
your nick sounds familiar. are u dec 09 mummy too?
have u considered putting #2 in infantcare after your maternity leave?
some of my frens are doing tat

littlefren,
u r scaring me... i love sour plums and have been eating alot!
oh no! i better stop!

babychloe,
1.2k for babysitter is for 2 kids? how old are your kids?
if big, can just leave at home since u have cctvs. if not, your maid very good life.. only need to cook and clean house.
it's cheaper too.. can save 1.2k
wah now maids soo exp??? why $530?
is she very experienced?
wah maids' salary go up sooo fast!
when i hired mine in 2011, i paid $450, considered very expensive liao!

chinzilla,
tink on the positive side!
tomorrow, we are seeing dr liao!
soo fast, hor? hope we can hear baby's HB!

Yunzz, yes 1.2k for my twins... They are only 21 months n doubt my maid can handle alone n plus they dun really know how to talk n complain yet so I dun really feel safe leaving with her. Perhaps I hv read too much negative stories about maids regarding childcare so I dun trust them at all. Prior to my pregnancy, my maid dun nd to wash their milk bottles n prepare their meals during weekends. Even now after she wash I will check n sterilize n assemble back myself... I m still preparing my kids meals n shower them... But in a few mths time I guess I hv to slowly handover to her reluctantly...

I feel nowadays d maids are vain irregardless of d country they are from... I hv been sahm for 7 mths n everyday I bring my boys down for strolls n I see all sorts of maids wearing scantily when their employers are not around... There is once I saw one indon maid stuff a pacifier full of mud into d bb mouth jus bcos she is bz talking with other maids n playing with hand phones... I chided her n thereafter whenever she saw me she avoids me....

For me I can't hire indon maids cos their hygiene level are terrible n plus I can't speak bahasa... Has hired a few n the experiences are bad... My current Filipino is fresh maid... Nowadays d starting pay for a Filipino is $500 for fresh. Recently she told me she not going on off after learning my pregnancy. I m touched so I compensate her $30 for d off day.
She is not d best but so far she is guai... N takes instructions well though forgetful n clumsy at times...

Yes she is considered v good life but I do gv her timetable everyday what to do for that 12 solid hours including her lunch n tea breaks... Has done spot checks randomly n so far she has been doing well...

This is what I ask for now... What to do? Can't do without them now..

yunzz, are u in my fb friend list? This is accident...anyway haven seen gynae so duno how yet. Have you seen doctor? My gyane asked me to stop pumping now.

hi babychole,
u are soo hardworking. i leave everything to my maid and is lazy to check on her. i am hands off mummy, shower, cook, go toilet, all is done by maid..
i only touch my boy during my maid off days.
i have cctvs which i will look at occassionally.. as long as she dun torture my boy, i am fine.
i left my boy with maid and cctc at home since he's 10mths old.
i also will not hire indo maids! yes, their hygiene level is terrible... they dun wash their hands!
i also noticed that those maids who torture the kids are mostly from indo.
wah that's very nice of your maid!!! .. so now your maid has no off day at all?
i tink your maid is very good liao..
is there sooo many things to do for 12 hours???
anyway u have cctv at home, so u can juz check the cctv, right? dun need to go home to check.

manu,
not sure leh. hahaha
yes i very kiasu... seen doctor twice liao.
going to see again tomorrow.
yes, better stop pumping liao

<font color="0000ff">morning mummies....

thanks elya for sharing dr. benjamin package. He is much cheaper than my gynae. May consider to change.

Hey Rian, I wish to deliver my #2 on my birthday (16 Oct)..hahha, but I think will be early than that cos my #1 was born in week 36 (low lying placenta) via c-sect.

Now I have MS in the night also, yesterday rush to toilet and puke, my #1 saw me and ask daddy to *save* me. So funny...

Hope everything will be fine, 2nd appointment on this coming Thursday, supposedly today but I changed it.</font>

<table border=1><tr><td>name</TD><TD> </TD><TD> child #</TD><TD> </TD><TD> EDD</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Doctor</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Hospital</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Gender</TD><TD> </TD><TD>staying at</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>KS Lover</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 2</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 04 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> NIL</TD><TD> </TD><TD> NUH</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Fernvale</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Eli</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 2</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 05 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Dr Tan</TD><TD> </TD><TD> KKH</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>happyenough</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 2</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 05 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> HK Ho</TD><TD> </TD><TD> M.Alvernia</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> AMK</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Elya</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 1</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 07 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Benjamin Tham</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babychloe</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 3</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 09 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Paul Tseng</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Hume Ave</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Stella</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 1</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 11 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Heng</TD><TD> </TD><TD> PEH</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kel</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 5&amp;6</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 12 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Paul Tseng</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>blurlemon</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 3</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 13 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Adrain Woodworth</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> SengKang</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Fynn</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 2</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 13 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD>Teban Garden</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Littlefren</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 2</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 15 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> John Tee</TD><TD> </TD><TD> KKH</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Buangkok</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cayenne</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 2</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 16 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> WK Tan</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Pasir Ris</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>snowflake</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 1</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 17 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Tham Kok Fun</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Gleneagles</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> T.Blangah</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>happymum</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 2</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 21 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Yvoone soong</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD>B.Batok</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>mag</TD><TD> </TD><TD>2</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 21 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Vincent Lee</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Mt. A</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Bishan </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Rian</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 1</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 21 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bonnies</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 2</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 22 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Hii HC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Mt.A</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>akira</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 1</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 23 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Paul Tseng</TD><TD> </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Tampines</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ryy</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 2</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 26 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Paul Tseng</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> West Coast</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>blurblur</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 3</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 27 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Fong Chuan Wee</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Gleneagles</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>lilprecious</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 3</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 27 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Douglas Ong</TD><TD> </TD><TD> M. Eli. </TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Pasir Ris</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>monmon</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 2</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 28 Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Paul Tseng</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Marsiling</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>manunited</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 3</TD><TD> </TD><TD> end Oct</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>ankh</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 2</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 02 Nov</TD><TD> </TD><TD> WK Tan</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD>Kovan</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yunzz</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 2</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 04 Nov</TD><TD> </TD><TD> benjamin tham</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD> Farrer Park</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chinzilla</TD><TD> </TD><TD>1</TD><TD> </TD><TD> 30 Nov</TD><TD> </TD><TD> benjamin tham</TD><TD> </TD><TD> TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> TBC</TD><TD> </TD><TD>Tanah Merah</TD><TD></td></tr></table>

Mummies, thanks for sharing ur maid experiences.. ya last weekend juz went to the supermarket, saw a maid standing one side with her trolley and a Bangladeshi trying to get her number.
He kept stuffing a paper into her hand asking her to write her number.
I know all these kinda probs cant be prevented.. in the end it's really our luck who we end up with.
Even if the maid performs well during initial stage, we also nv know after some time her true colors will show.
I also damn scared one day she bring a guy and have sex on my bed. Which is so yucks. Or wear my clothes and makeup.
All these still nvm... very worried of child abuse or purposely mixing menstrual blood or whatever in our/bb food... all the horror stories i heard.

Im still KIV.. But most prob i really need 1 coz if i send #1 to CC.. I will be like a mad woman rushing to CC after work to pick her, then later #2, then at home do housework and look after kids.
Not even time to buy dinner. With 1 kid, my mum already nagging sometimes when i need to work late. I wonder hw she can cope with 2?
My hubby too, to be frank he nv help much. He can make milk or do washing but he really poor at handling babies. My #1 sticks to me a lot more than him.

Maybe i'll engage one after my 1st trimester.. i'll have time to monitor her and with 4 mths ML i can also see how she performs..

Back to preg.. im approx 6 weeks today and MS kicking in! Kept wanting to puke but nothing yet. Juz have a feeling that something's stuck in my throat all the time.
Had 2 slices of bread but it seems to be stuck in my throat.

<font color="0000ff">About how to cope with more than 2 kids.
Hubby is the only son, so we stay together with PIL. Currently my MIL is taking care of #1. When #1 is less than 2 yrs old, she did mentioned that if have #2, gotto hire maid, she cant cope. But that was when Khloe (#1) need more care, now she grow up, she can communicate well and play by her own.
We did somehow say a bit on the arrangement. Plan fow now, send Khloe to childcare near my home (PAP) in Sept, for working mom after subsidy is around $150. Then my MIL will be able to take care of #2. Pick up by either us or PIL if we are late.

The other option is hire maid
sad.gif
, but at least my PIL is at home, can jaga the maid. The maid mainly doing house chore. If hire maid, monthly expenses is much higher.

This problem will never disappear, even government can't solve..haiz</font>

Wow! After seeing all the problem, i guess i'll just stop at 1. My hus have no family &amp; my parents dont know how to take care of kids too..
I have 1 maid at home now, work in my family for 11 yrs already but i dont think she can handle 2 kids too. so really must stop at 1.

afternoon mummies!

yunzz and manunited, i'm from Dec 09 thread as well! so qiao we bumped into each other here again.
happy.gif

yunzz, my mother did suggest me to put #2 at infant care after my ML, but i kinda dreaded the idea given tt kid tends to fall sick quite often when they go infant care.. think it may be more stressful if #2 keep falling sick n hubby or myself gotta take leaves to take care of him/her.

akira, i dunno how much it costs to engage a nanny.. but given tt my mother dun want to help eye power the maid after i go back to work, i dun think i will hire one to look after #2.

yah, now 1st trim always so sick n tired... dun have the energy to find a solution to the caregiving problem.. will wait till after 1st trim then see how..

<font color="0000ff">stella, last time i also think 1 is enuf, but after seeing how khloe love to play with almost same age kids,i decided have more。 at least they have someone after we are gone

now we just happily be queen, embrace the ms。。2nd trim v soon will come。jia you </font>

Afternoon mummies,
seems most of u are mummies to more than a kid! Must be really tiring! Cant imagine how it be, trim 1 is already tiring enough..
Happy Mum, i'm hoping a earlier edd, e.g 18 oct too..hahaa, to coincide with my wedding anniversary. Your No. 1 is sooooooooo sweet!!!!

hi all, I am new here and am so glad to see so many interesting exchanges.

Here's my info :

Child:no 1
Edd: 6 Oct
Hospital:TMC
Doc: Dr Jocelyn Wong
Staying : Choa Chu Kang

Stella, same like happymum, i tot 1 kid is enough.. but when my gal started pre-nursery, she becomes more sociable.
Sometimes i find that she seems bored and really need a sibling to play with. Esp when i see her talking to herself, etc when me and hubby got no time to entertain her.
I wish i have another gal, although many ppl say 1 boy 1 gal wld be perfect.. but i really prefer gals and hw nice if i can deco their room into a princess room.
Who knows, maybe when your bb grows up, u will want another 1, like us.. hehehe

Cayenne, thats the reason i hestitate to send #1 to CC.. since young she was looked after by mum. I can say she seldom falls sick and is generally well-behaved.
She has the comfort to sleep and eat well under my mum's care.
I cant bear to "throw" her into CC for a whole day and change her entire lifestyle juz because of a new baby.. its so unfair to her.
She is doing well in her current preschool and she enjoys it.. so i hope she can remain there.

yunzz! all the best tml. yup its so fast.

hmm seems like its difficult to get quality childcare for the bb. i was thinking of placing in infantcare but not sure if its possible.

We cant hire a full time domestic help...... seems like the only solution is to leave with my mum for now, but im afraid she gets tired.

hows everyone today? hope MS and monday blues isnt too bad =_

Stella, haha, yeah, when your #1 grows older, may start asking (or demanding) for a sibling. Mine started asking when she was four why couldn't she have a little brother or sister, like her friends. Now she's five, and asking because she gets so bored alone at home. Poor thing tho. The age gap between her and my #2 will be so big. By the time #2 is in P1, #2 will be in Sec 1. I get envious of friends whose kids' age gaps are only a few years apart. The kids are forced to understand they can't be self centered, and that sharing with and caring for each other is part of life. Best thing, they get playmates right at home.

Just some stuff to consider la. Give birth and enjoy your #1 first
happy.gif

Hello everyone!
wow.. this thread is so active..

hows everyone today?

Kayliz, same as your reason, that's why having second one :) at least they can share burden when they are old. But, I want to have boy this time round :p

Stella, I always believed in having 2 or more kids...if I can afford I don't even mind having 4 or 5..but SG really too ex to have babies... 1 kid can be really lonely, my hb doesn't really like kids in the first place but becos I loved kids he decided we should have 1.. And after 1 he felt it wasn't enough and decided to go for #2 and now he feels 2 kids really ain't that crowded so we went for #3..lol.. Ok la, but I siao kids one, that's why I studied Early Childhood and worked in CCs..really fun to work with kids!

How I cope with 2 kids...
Now that I'm working office job, my mum helps me fetch both my boys who are in CC when my hb is staying in..my hb stays in every 2 nights, weekends included so I look after my kids myself..my mum will cook dinner for the boys and when I reach home I'll do some educational materials or play with them and send them to bed while I iron their clothes &amp; pack their bags...I feel CC is very good helps kids to be really independent.. =P

Monmon: hehe.. okie jiayou!!! I dont mind boy also, new shopping experience for me buying boy's stuff. Lol.
Just that no gd experience with boys in my family. All so naughty!

Knocking off liaoz.. what u mummies craving for dinner? Im packing food home, gonna have mee hoon kueh. Yummy.

Hi, I was just reading all the posts and realised that no one is putting baby in infant care? I am trying to avoid getting a maid cos hubby is a super private person and MILs are both working so I need to look for alternative.

Myself will be joining a new company in May when I am abt 4 mths Preggy so doubt I will ask for more leave.

Any one has exp w infant care or nanny?

lol merlion scale.! thats damn cute.

wenz im thinking of infant care coz same as u family is quite pte. but cost is rather prohibitive plus the waiting list near town. so thinking still.

are u taking ur full ML? im oso joining a new co.. so i think they will get irritated.. thinking of splitting my ML into two months and two mths after peak.

hmm craving for duck porridge!

lilprecious, waw! you still manage to do some educational materials.. I was totally WOW!!! For me I will stop at #2. that's enough for me.. raising kids in SG is not easy..
sad.gif

ankh, LOL

Btw, how much have you all gain now? I gain 1kg+ though I din eat much horrible..

Kayliz, I want boy coz I never had boy siblings in my family :) kinda want to have boy to please my mom actually. My dad just passed away last september, and he really want to have a grandson.
happy.gif
Hopefully I can have one son to full my parent's dream.. but if I can't hope my sister can give one :) LOL.

You so suang! knocking off so early.. ENVY* .. I want something with lots of chilies :p

Wenz, last time my #1 was taken care by nanny, if i continue to work, i will let my previous nanny takes care my #2, but I decided to stop working..

I like my previous nanny, off course she is not perfect, but for me still alright, as my gal was very close to her, if a child can be so close with the nanny, then the nanny should be loving them, right.. :)

Hi Chinzilla, I have no idea abt taking full ML or not cos my new role is a regional one so I need to travel so have to see my schedule i think.

As for nanny, I have no idea where to start looking ? Are we talking abt some professional help or those SAHM that looks after infants too ?

I would also like to have many kids but I am 36 now with my first so let's see ...hehehe

Monmon: I used to it very regularly.. But now cos pretty very tired, so i don't do it everyday but still try to do some on Sundays..lol.. U are right, raising kids in SG ain't easy...

Wenz: you can do it!! I know if someone who had her #2 at 40 years old! inspiring!

Wenz, hm, I personally know of two mothers who each gave birth at 37 and 38, another mother who gave birth at 42 to her #3! My friend is 39 and should be 5 months pregnant now with her #1. And I'm 38! All naturally conceived hehe.

Wow!! The thread is so active today!!!

yunzz, yes my maid got no off days now which is the best thing which will ever happened if we hire pinoys cos they love freedom...

Yes I hv CCTVs all around the house and once she open the main door, me and hb hp will ring...we can watch her online too...but me lazy...since no children at home, I dun bother most of the times unless she climb the windows down...LOL...

kayliz, I also hv a "stuck in the throat" feeling whole day long affecting my appetite
sad.gif
My appetite seems to go worse...wonders when will MS subside..I am getting v v upset when I feel hungry and yet can't eat much...Usually a maid's true colors will surface after 3 months...some even faster!!!

happy mum, if really needs a maid then no choice...just hv to get one...I am one whom dun like that extra person at home and having to lock up my valuables all the time is such a hassle....sometimes when I am on leave or on MC, I hardly step out of my bedroom...I simply stay in the room..haiz...

Stella, dun be scared off by our problems...each family is different...so dun stop at 1 ya...1 is kinda lonely..

Cayenne, market rate for nanny is btw $550 to $700...When the bb starts on solids then there will be extra charge of $50-$80.. My current nanny charges $600 per child but I provide my boys fishes and pork cos they only takes cod fish and "yao" meat..zzzzzz....

Mummies who places your child in CC, do they fall sick often?

Now with no.3 coming, me and hb plans to send them to CC and no. 3 to current nanny...but we also scared they fall sick and bring germs back to newborn....v headache...My fren suggested sending my boys to CC 6 months prior to my delivery but the nanny can't go without salary for 6 months just to wait for me ma...and I think its impossible...So now quite headache on the logistics...sigh!

Now no kid yet really can't imagine how life with kid. But i like kids a lot too so hope if i can find way to solve the problem I'll want to have #2 or #3 too! Haha very excited now! Now only going 10 weeks, still long long way to go!

Hi lalalee, I am going 10 weeks too ! When's ur EDD ? Mine is 6 Oct but it keeps changing ...hehehe

Hi all, thanks for the encouragment! I would definitely love more kids..hehehe

Babychole, my gal went cc since she was 18th months. Be mentally prepared that they will start falling sick very frequently can be as fast as almost every 2 weeks... Have to be prepared once sick cannot attend school and you will need a care taker..

Once attended cc u have to pick them on time cannot go out after work unless someone is available to pick them up and take care of them..

Flower, that's d reason y I din put them in cc in d first place n decided in bbsitter cos I can't afford to go on urgent leaves frequently n no back ups to help me tk care of them.

Do they take 6 months to adjust in this area? Picking up is no problem cos now with nanny also d same... But still thinking when I shd start putting them in..

My gal took a month and and after that she seems to be enjoying. But the initially stage was a terrible. Everynight she came home she will throw temper and cry non stop. She learnt a lot of things from school but also bad things from her classmates and teachers.
sad.gif
but I guess we will have to tell them what is right and wrong and what they should not be following.
Your boys have company so I don't think they will take long to adjust bah...
happy.gif

Some parents have no choice, gotta send the kids to CC.. if u need to i actually think better to send them to infant care when they are young.
Although prone to get sick, but at a young age they cannot recognize ppl. So there is no problem with separation anxiety.
When they are older, they will hv lesser prob adjusting to CC.

My gal went infant care at 13 mths. It was terrible. Everyone asked me to hang on, but i couldnt.
I cried when she cried.. i couldnt focus on my work &amp; kept thinking abt how she was doing in school.
In the end i withdrew her.

At 18 mths, she went to another CC.. Same case. Crying everyday and she fell sick soon after. My mum asked me to withdraw her and she will help..
So i did.

If u can get a nanny to give 1-to-1 attention, wld be good. There are pros &amp; cons to attending a CC..
Some will say.. it makes the kids independent, follow routines, etc.. but like what Flower said there could be other kids who has bad influence on your kids.
If u minus the nap time, meal times, bathe times in a CC.. the actual learning time is just what u can get in a half day sch and they get proper naps/meals at home with the nanny.
I also send my gal to enrichment class to interact with other kids. She has been there since 18mths till now.

Morning mummies!

went for my gynea appt ytd, still feeling paranoid as almost no preggie symptoms.. sore breast now only on n off thru the day. bb was 9wk 1d during the scan. prior to scan, gynea said should be around 28mm but bb measured only 24mm during the scan though gynea said the size is ok. saw bb heartbeat again makes me feel more at ease. we can now see bb's head and butt in the scan n the hands are now little buds at the side starting to grow. edd push back a day from 13oct to 14oct.

my next appt is 6wks away!!! dunno why fix so far at 15wks. but i'm doing first trimester screening on 08Apr, should be 13wks by then. blood test for the test was taken ytd first so we will know the final result on 08Apr itself after the ultrasound is done. was told we will see a specialist aft the ultrasound instead of gynea to explain the result.

Happy mum, pls help to update my info. Thanks!

Child:no 2
Edd: 14 oct
Hospital:KKH
Doc: Prof John Tee
Staying: Compassvale

i sent my gal to cc when she was 20mths in feb'12. no prob from day 1 coz she enjoys it. she had hfmd once but she didn't got it from cc since she was the first to got it. out of cc for 3wks n she got a little whiny since then. but teacher said she's still considered the most outgoing kid in the class. actually my mum can help to look after my gal but her age is catching up, already 65yrs old. plus staying home means she will keep on watching tv, not good coz will get addicted. i send her to enrichment at julia gabriel at 18mths but i stopped aft 2 terms coz it's exp and they learn the same thing as in the cc. This yr we started her at berries for chinese enrichment.

for #2, i told my mum to take care till 6mths then i will send for to infantcare.

Kayliz, yeah agreed with you that it could be other kids who has bad influence on your kids. And sometimes, teachers may not have same view or value with you or your family. Attention is lesser coz one teacher needs to handle so many students. But I do agree that cc teach my gal to be more independently, have a good table manner, can do lots of daily task independently, brush teeth, wears clothes, etc. Some teachers are really do their job passionately and you can see the relationship between the teacher and your kid

My gal has been in cc since she was 18 months old, till today she still crying. Partly because she is very attached to me. when she was in playgroup still much better, she still happily went to school, though she would cry initially. She is so closed with her teacher and love her so much. After moved to N1, changed teacher, everyday is nightmare, drama every morning, and she keep telling me she doesn;t like teacher and form lao shi, she told me lao shi stubborn and she doesn;t like them. I think she insisted not want to wear diaper (she is toilet trained) but teachers want her to wear in school, though i kept telling them that she doesn't need diaper anymore. But, recently she keep pee in the pants and reject to go to toilet when teachers asked her to pee.. but when she is at home, or outside she totally fine.. she will tell me when she need to pee/poo. confusing rite? my friend told me it could be her rebellion action againts teacher. Recently I got my mom at home, so more worse, everyday wanna to stay at home with amah, and amah give her support, keep tellin gme to withdraw her haiyoo.... i think it is because of we letting her stay at home earlier for 2 weeks, and back to school (somemore with new teacher) then she starting to behave like this..
sad.gif

I don;t have much time for her, we left home at around 7am, reach home at around 8pm, having her dinner and play with her around 9-10pm forcing her to go to bed. She is too tired for every day journey, not enough sleep for her age.. that's why I called it enough, i want to be her side, childhood is only once, we can;'t rewind.. will take this opportunity to enjoy her childhood ..
happy.gif

anyone still having on-off discharge and bb is well? im kinda worried. my next appt is next mon. i'm 6 weeks now.

Hi Stella and Wenz! Me at 10wks too..yar still looong way to go. But put it this way, we are a quarter done! 3 quarters more! my ML ending soon ;'( going back to work this thurs.. will be dragging myself. How r u feeling right now? MS still have?

think i will oso stop at #2.. bringing up a kid in SG not easy.. if not to have a sibling for #1, think i will stop at one. :x

babychloe, ur twins very smart, noe how to choose the best fish n part of meat to eat.. hehe.. $550 - $700 per mth for hiring nanny is for full day care? to provide all bb necessities? does it include helping to wash bb clothes? wat are the things to look for when hire one? sorry so many qns... :p

i think it takes abt 6 mths for children to build their immunity at CC. when my #1 started going CC at 2yo, he fell sick for 1 mth immediately, then after recovered, on n off will fall sick for 1 wk.. after 6 mths, he got better n fall sick less often.. but cough n running nose is unavoidable even after the 1st 6 mths... juz gotta continue give them vitamins n probiotic loh..

kayliz, i had oso tried sending my #1 to those enrichment classes.. but always failed. even till now, he still clings on to my hubby or myself whenever we send him for enrichment classes... end up we always gotta pull him out of the class after 1st term cos it's difficult to send him to those classes (#1 will refuse to go) n my hubby always soft hearted n take him out of the class.. zzzzz..

bluberi, envious u dun have much preggie symptoms.. really gets uncomfortable to be down with them.
sad.gif
but at same time, understand as mother, got symptoms we dread it, no symptoms we worry oso.. never ending worries of parents. haha.. n indeed weird why gynae fix ur appt 6 wks later... will u miss OSCAR test then? OSCAR test supposed to take place during 11 - 13 wks pregnant right?

Back