(2013/09) September 2013

Ollie - whats your name on fb? Maybe i check if you're already added? cos i tried a few times. cant seem to add u. cos it says you're already invited to the group alr.

Hi mummies

If u need a referral for stemcord, can pm me.... Think can get a one time $50 off.
happy.gif
cheers!

Ollie, thanks for sharing =)

Will there be good deals at the motherhood fair, any feedback from experienced mummies? Cos hubby is busy with work and wonder if it is going to be worth me making a trip to expo alone?!

viiv, no problem.

mommies who have visited the expo fair, kindly update on good deals too? am hoping to get a baby cot, manduca carrier and peg perego stroller..
the origami stroller looks really good but so ex and I read that it's only for 6m up..

Crystal - i cant add u as well. As u have been added before already...

Ollie - i cant find u at all... cant add u as well... =(

Ollie, I've emailed mybeautyloft and the price is $460. Are you getting your set from beautyloft? Or do you personally know anyone who did and the pumps are original and working well? The price is attractive but I'm concerned with authenticity and warranty issues.

Dreamnic- cant add u as welll... cos apparently u have been added before lei...

How come so many of u having this prob? can anyone enlighten?

Hello ladies, went with hubby to motherhood fair yesterday, we arrived there at 4 pm and you guys won't believe the crowd! I think the best deal are the diapers, all brands avail and on offer. We got sucked into the Huggies promo, bought close to $200 worth of diapers (partly also is the little tikes cupcake kitchen free gift). Told hubby our baby girl (hopefully wont change gender) is not even out yet, he said never mind can keep or give to niece. Other things I found good is nursing bras from this brand called autumn (sold online) soft and very comfy. Another good deal we bought is this cute pair of leather shoes (Japan brand) for $9.9 selling like hot cakes cause in taka it was retailing for $49.9. Only size 0-6months avail yesterday though. Other things we got are organic breathable pillow (contour in the centre) to prevent flathead and pillowcase, plus other essentials (insulin bag, breast soothing pack) from Avent. All in all there are lots of stuff there so be sure to know what you want and need.

We also spoke to cord life consultant at the fair. Any of you signed up with cord life? There are 3 massage booths there too (origins jamu, baby bellies and Bella Luna) hubby bought this voucher for one time prenatal massage from Bella Luna (anyone tried this place?) cause the lady friendly, and she offered me a quick shoulder massage while hubby paid which is a nice gesture. FYI heard sat/ sun got it fair there so parking may be a problem. Hope this info helps.

I'm selling a Medela advanced pump in style backpack. Includes dual pump and standard funnels, plus 2 extra funnels for larger nipples. The pump is 2 years old but not heavily used because I prefer to latch on.

See photo of how this model looks like.

For only $200, I will also throw in one box worth of breastpads , pigeon nipple cream, pigeon breast massage lotion and one package of milk bags.

Optional to buy: adjustable handsfree bra for pumping $25 (pink colour)

Optional to buy: mybrestfriend breastfeeding cushion in green fabric $25

Self collect at amk area. Please text 8131-3170

viiv, as mentioned, i bought mine off ebay so can't help with the authenticity issues but i m pretty sure many mommies have sought this option since it is alot cheaper than buying a BN local set.
you may wan to do further research if needed...

Hi Mummies,

Went to the motherhood fair yesterday around 2 plus. It wasnt that crowded and we are able to walk around comfortably with my gal in her stroller..

Great deals on diapers but I did not manage to get Merriers XL coz the sales person told me SOLD OUT!! cant believe it as it is only 3 hours since opening! Heng my hubby smart, he said lets try the NTUC at Changi Biz PArk there maybe have same discount.. we went there and true enough, they have the same package price as at the EXPO.. Merriers walkers XL (6 pack) for 79.15.. and we happily bought the diapers there without any queue.

Bought some maternity shorts and 3/4 leggings from milky way (cant rem the actual name now), 2 shorts and 2 leggings is 50 bucks..

Also bought milk powder from NTUC booth, $5 off per tin which is really worth it.. Bought alot of stuff from Pigeon (baby 2 in 1 shower/shampoo, detergent, wipes, etc) and also other misc stuff.

Mummies who wana grab diapers have to go down really early before the stock runs out for the day.

Wendy

Any mummies here still nursing elder kids?
My almost 1 year old doesn't want to latch ever since she is 9 mth old.. Becoz supply drops drastically when 3 mths preggy then she is one of the big drinker so she doesn't want anymore...

Coincidentqlly her 2 teeth also comes out at that time.

Very funny my elder one also stop latching once her teeth comes out at around 5 mths old. So I never experienced biting..

Was getting discouragement from a mummy saying I won't be able to latch back or do tandem nursing huhu...

Last time she was very close to me as she nurse but now I put a distance already.. Quite pitiful, but I also want to have a better rest when baby is born.
So far she is still drinking using bottle not straw cup.. Hoping that she will want to latch back once there is supply..

But my friend also said her baby doesn't want to latch anymore at 8 months old. Maybe really it's God's will she weaned herself. But I just feel pitiful becoz last time very convenient I latch her everywhere including in mrt, church
sad.gif
. Was thinking to latch her until 3 years old but who knows preggy again huhuhu..

Now I no more milk at all and don't dare to squezze milk anymore.
I experienced loser urine, everytime coughing urine comes out. Now very afraid of premature baby huhu becoz the gap is very near.

I know a mummy gap very near preggy when elder one is 4 mth old in the end premature becoz keeps coughing...

Mine younger girl is 6.5 mth old when preggy again, don't want to take risk..
Already told my hubby even to pick my elder girl 2.5 year old from her childcare when 3rd trimester becoz need to take 2 buses home after picking her and she is quite short need to be carry up to the bus.

Fel thank you for adding me to the group but i still cannot see the group on FB page. Anyone knows how to solve the problem? Thank you
happy.gif

Hi Ollie,

At 1st we decided to go for TMC since gynae's clinic at TMC. but after reading much review about TMC and Mt. A, i am gonna ask my gynae if he does delivery at Mt. A!

Hi mummies, i'm selling my Preloved Medela Swing (local set) @ $130; brought in April 2012 lightly used for 4
mths last year. Scan receipt is available upon request.

Items included
- adapter
- motor unit
- breast shield connector
- 1 valve with membranes
- neck strap
- drawstring bag
- information guide
- funnel
- 6 preloved 150ml storage bottle

Link to item : https://www.dropbox.com/s/pf8lzjhp9q4zpzf/Photo%201-6-13%207%2032%2054%20AM.jpg

Self collect at Punggol as need to test.
Interested, kindly pm.

Matsuoamane
Likewise we couldn't quite decide tmc or mt a. Quite a no of bad reciews on tmc but I din really like the atmosphere at mt a. A bit dark for my comfort. So we signed up FBI w tmc. Gg for a single bedded which hopefully brings about better service.

I am down with diarrhea and cough and sore throat.
Whole body muscle ache...
But doctor only opens tomorrow huhu.. Now resting.

Going to see doctor tomorrow hopefully it is not panel doctor otherwise cannot ask for antibiotic. Whole body ache I saw in internet might be a more serious bacterial onfection huhu...

Just came back from the gynae. Baby is now of average size and weight but gynae was concerned that the amniotic fluid is too low at 8. Anyone encountered the same problem? I've just passed my 24w.
What can be done to increase the fluid?

Ollie,

We decided to stick with TMC, cos my hubby says in case of emergency at least our gynae is nearby. Fingers cross hopefully everything goes well. Did u ask ur gynae how to increase the fluid? I just went to see my gynae yesterday, he told me my amniotic sac has lots fluid. Maybe i drank alot of water?

Shucks kena relief doctor again and saying mine is not bacterial infection said viral and he won't give me antibiotic.

All my kids got the cough and better using antibiotic leh!

I got diarrhea very bad also won't give me
sad.gif
A bit suspicious on his credibility. And I have already told him I came 3 days ago gets another relief doctor and medicine doesn't work
sad.gif

Now he give me prospan cough syrup anyone taken it before?

Sigh I wonder should I go again when the real doctor is in...
I got unlimited visit to gp from my company no need to pay at all...

Sigh after leaving my maid for 1 week alone at home and giving her long list to do, she didn't do most of it. Dunno what she does in 1 week without kids!!
- never finished ironing clothes
- never wipes the kitchen utensils
- did not even put all the plates and spoons in the kitchen into cupboard
- never clean dining table properly
- only clean big toys but never clean and still did not put the small toys in order or put into cupboard
- only fried last minute the keropok I asked her to fry and it is only very very few even though I asked her to fry a lot for my daughter 1st bday
- never clean the guest room

I do not have a high standard of cleanliness but I expect she does more things when the babies are not around leh!

In the end we need to spend lots of time cleaning this weekend and I have not spend any time to make my almost 1 year old a scrapbook. Sigh!!!

I have installed cctv at home but didn't check afraid later disappointed.
Sometimes she is on the phone too much when we leave her alone shopping whole day also never finished ironing...

She also never cleans her own toilet (the common toilet). Now it is very dirty.

Haizz and my parents will come tomorrow already I don't think she got time to clean.

If only I am not sick yesterday...

I supposed to call her more often from Jakarta in the end only call her twice when we almost go back!
Becoz coincidentally hubby's uncle pass away when we arrived in Jakarta then that handphone is held by hubby, everytime I want to call then both babies will take that phone when they are around
sad.gif

Lesson learnt! Must call everyday and give proper schedule what she need to do day by day. I mean day 1 do what, day 2 do what etc..

She is usually very okay when she does not have her handphone becoz we only give her handphone during weekend..
She took care of my baby-almost 1 year old ok and can even handle 2 at home when my elder one 2.5 year old is sick and cannot enter childcare. Also did general cleaning, washing, ironing, cooking everyday..

But once she has her handphone, she will be on the phone at night until 1 am in the morning, still wake up at 6 or 7 am but I guess when we leave her then she cannot really multi task using hands free phone so when she is on the phone will be on the phone all the time...

My life depends on her now so cannot really scold her as well also don't dare to see if she makes any mistakes in the camera. She has been in the house for 1.5 years already.

Handphone now becomes a need for helpers becoz they want to call friends here lor. Even though we are both indonesian and she can talk to me but still... I only allow her to have handphone after her debt finished though and allow weekends only

Hi mummies,

I'm selling pre-loved "yaolan " at $60. Used less than 3weeks. Suitable from newborn to about 12kg.

Self collection @ Yio Chu Kang (near AMK Ave 4).

Pls pm me if interested. Thx!

Haizzz so tired! Supposed to be on mc but hubby forgot to feed antibiotic to my elder one this morning so I need to bring it to her childcare
sad.gif

Groovy2009, which maid agency did u went to for your Indonesian maid? I wanna hire one for my newborn too but too many horror tales :p

Back