(2013/09) September 2013

I added the above few via email to the fb group... wait for admin approval...

Those that r added few days ago... Have ur been added?

Thanks fel. Waiting admin for the approval
happy.gif

Mm, I bought the twin pack for Avent 125ml & 260ml. And i also have an Avent newborn starter set with 2 bottles inside too. Think that should be enuff liao. If u will be bf-ing ur bb, maybe standby some milkbags or storage bottles as well.
happy.gif

Hello sept mommies,

I'm new here and a FTM due mid-sept. could someone add me to the fb group pls? My email is [email protected]

Gene, I'm keen in the post-natal massage! I am contemplating c-sect though as gynae advised that my baby might be huge at 3.8kg! Kinda worried and not sure if I can start the massage shortly after delivery?

Thanks all!

Haiz brandsfever already 5 days hasn't contact me i call them yesterday no one answer.
Makes me even more suspicious.
Some more I will travel overseas next week
sad.gif
Should I ask hubby to try that on for his opinion. Hm... Totally don't like the rough material and just now seen beco website actually butterfly 2 has been discontinued since end last year
Not sure is it really fake or factory outlet reject kind.
But even the label stitching left and right side different height leh! I believed real one won't have such mistake.

mm
at the detailed scan 2 weeks ago, gynae advised that bb's head circ is on the extreme end of range, as with his long limbs & above avg body circ, thus estimated his full term weight at 3.8kg. one of 5he reasons could be that im quite tall & big as well at 1.76m n 10-12. hoping for the best! alr put on 7 kg at 22weeks! sheer horror!!

hi Claud,

Thanks! I think I will e-mail Beco as soon as I get back from Jakarta..

Going to travel 22-28 May! Will be very tiring
happy.gif
Long time never seen my hometown. 1.5 years already. Huehehe..

My gynea is asking me why now I want to travel a lot becoz during pregnant with my #2 I rarely travel.
Sigh becoz I need to clear leave lor!

Last time I cannot take leave because my #1 hasn't gotten any childcare arrangement yet. all full book in my area. I only get when I am in maternity leave. Very lucky. Childcare newly opened..

I keep all my leave when preggy with #2 that time becoz wanted to save in case my #1 really cannot get any child care arrangement then I will clear leave until end year huehehe..

Now I have leave overflow! and need to clear before september. sigh..

Becoz my co only allow 16 weeks straight maternity taken. Cannot take half half.. Soon also I will ask my boss whether can personal arrangement carry over more than 10 days of leave for next year..

Ollie,

Woowww... But better keep watch food intake as well. No need to be that fussy, but at least not over eat..

I remember one mummy quite big size but when baby is very big gynea also ask her for c-sect.

Haiz I think need to start watching my food intake especially sweet drinks stuff from now!
Gaining 3 kgs in 4 weeks is not very good for me! Once my morning sickness gone suddenly like that. Woops..

Total only gained that 3.5 kgs though in 21 week.

From my own experience:
- during my #1 I didn't eat that much. My mom keeps telling me cannot eat this and that. And even cannot drink fruit juice with ICE! And I obey (not strictly though).
She said ice will make baby wants to be warmer so baby will keep fats and will become bigger and bigger faster.
In the end my #1 is born quite ok weight 2.78 kg, at 37 weeks, but she is a fussy eater until now. Need hours and hours to feed her. I start with 55 kg, and ends with 70 kg when she is born.

- Pregnant with #2, mum never asked me anything, not so concerned anymore. So I slack, eat anything, drink sweet drinks with ice etc. #2 is born 3.185 kg, at 38 weeks. And she is not a fussy eater and can eat a lot more than #1. I start with 58 kg, ends with 71 kg when she is born.

- Pregnant with #3 this time worst my office got free flow of drinks now. Can drinks, green tea, coke, etc! Arghh.. That's why when my morning sickness is gone I suddenly gained lots of weight.
I start with 64 kg and only 21 week already 67 kg
sad.gif

I'm terribly worried about excessive weight gain too, doesn't help that I'm short at 1.55m only! So far I gained 3.5kg at week 22, and I'm targetting no more than 2kg gain from weeks 20 to 24. If I succeed in gaining no more than 2kg, I'm treating myself to high tea at Fullerton bay hotel =)

For those who have been mummies before, is 2kg a month a realistic target from weeks 20 to 36? Means total 8kg gain during this period of 16 weeks?

Hi all,

I'm new here. EDD is mid sept.=)

I think 500g weight gain per week's very reasonable. I've been gaining 500g per week since week 19..Now 22weeks 4 days, total weight gain 2+kg.

Vivv I think depends on your BMI as well. I am on the average size and my weight gain during #1 is 15 kg, #2 is 13 kg. it is considered ok.

I remember reading somewhere if u are underweight can expect 15-20 kg gain, if average 10-15, if overweight max 10 kg the whole pregnancy.

From week 32 till birth the weight gain can be 1 kg per week so we can do the maths...

Hi Li Suan....Felina here... =)

My last gynae appt, i gained 3kg in 4 weeks... Gynae say good!!!

Finally i'm gaining weight... One shot gain 3kg sia...I'm still 1.5-2kg away from pre-pregnancy weight... Lost too much weight during first 16 weeks...

Hi Li Suan & Ally, Welcome here!

So far that time at 20wks my weight gain is 3.9kg. That is consider less alrdy compared to my earlier 2 pregnancies. My first one i put on 24kg. My pre-pregnancy weight was just 43kg. Then 2nd one i put on 12 kg.

I wished I could gain a few kg like u gals ... but my wt gain is oways way out ... at wk 25 ... weight gain 10kg!

I gained a total of 27kg for my #1 and she came out almost 4.1kg =p I didnt really eat a lot of sweet stuff or salty stuff during my #1 ... n gynae also say she can c I got control so most prob is my placenta healthy n bb can absorb dats y ...

My #1 is still chubby nw .. nt exactly fat thou cuz shes tall hehe

mirai, wow...ur #1 is a big bb! Mine i put on 24kg and came out 3.4kg only. But still my relatives said she is big. Hope this #3 will hit slightly more than 3kg but nt more than 3.5kg.

huh.. actually at 22weeks, im already 8.5kg heavier... but i guessed im bigger size , initial weight is 60kg, height 1.64m. and partly my breats grow from B to big C and its heavy i can see its dropping anytime.
sad.gif

my gynae keep asking me to eat healthy but i cant stop eating in 2nd tri, my appetite grew so much, i keep eating and snacking, i tried to snack on fruits and biscuits if i can.

its worrying i just saw my baby weight is only 414g..how come i grew so much
sad.gif

oh ya.. i have a common question.. how much do u all pay for confinement?

thing is my auntie is looking after my confinement food and housechores, my mum is looking after newborn. so im asking for advice..

thanks!

Hi twentyseven, my CL charges me $2300.
Think if your auntie just cooking and doing house chores, you might want to consider paying between $800 - $1200. Coz bb taken care by ur mum..
happy.gif

Ms blur .. yeah shes big even now ... lolz
Guess my #2 will be big too cuz from the last 2 scan .. bb's wt is 1 wk+ in advance hehe

Thanks Ann and Angelic
happy.gif
i think total will add to around this range le.

Hi Jac, welcome!
happy.gif

Tweetie.. i think so.. im like double ur weight gain in wk 22.. i dunno how to reduce it now.. heard they say 3rd tri be faster.. means heavier..

im already having lower back ache.. but i cofirm i sure need epidural.. hehe..

Fel
Can you pls add me to fb again. I think i must have clicked sth by accident cos it shows 'I'm no longer a member' [email protected]

Thanks!

Also anyone went through natural for 3.8kg and above baby? Heard that checking for dilation is pretty painful too?

I've had constipation issues all my life but I'm sure it's now magnified x10 and the belly at 23weeks is almost that of a 28weeks. It simply bloats from right under the breasts all out front. Any remedies on easing such discomforts would be appreciated!

so far i've gained 8 kg based on last appt at 24 weeks.. but tink bb only ard 500g >.< omg..

does any one of u experience heartburn?
tink i ve been feeling this irritating feeling in my throat recently.. but weirdly only happens in office, when at home wun have! haha

Ms blur .. mine's nt exactly a fussy eater but shes a milk monster ... maybe dats y~ 33 mths nw n shes already 18kg! Htabt 98cm ... n her feet r the abt the size of a 4yo loh ..

Hello all, long time have not post been busy with work. Looks like we all know the gender of our babies by now. ;)

Just a quick question anyone went for prenatal massage before? Is it beneficial? My shoulder aches so much! I went to discovery before n also another chiro during pregnancy but my hubby worries as he sees how they crack me haaa... And now tummy rather big too not so convenient.

Btw Wei Wei when you were in BKK, did you go for any massage? Other than the milk storage bags anything else worth getting? Hubby n I will be going in 2 weeks time.

hey Minnie...

Naw didn't go for massage. For one thing, toddler was with us, so a bit hard to go. She gets upset when either daddy or mummy disappears LOL BOTH must be around. The second thing is I just to be careful lah.

I do go for prenatal massage; just went yesterday actually. But it was more to de-bloat me so that legs dun feel so heavy. Prenatal massage doesn't really help with my aches and pains actually. Stretching and some back exercises, plus the chiro worked for me so better so far.

Oh, and I didn't really shop either. I'm getting hand-me-down clothes mostly and this is second bb afterall.. Ms blur will tell you hello kitty there is very cheap. You hello kitty fan?

weiwei, haha...yes the first thing i went to shop when im in BKK are hello kitties! Coz they are really cheap there, esp the bulky items.
happy.gif

Hi Wei Wei, thanks for the info. Where do you go for prenatal massage? Did you do post natal massage with a freelance masseuse? I am not a huge hello kitty fan though I do own a number of things and use to collect all kinds of stationary and the la di da from Sanrio during primary school haaaa... ;)

Anyone here going to deliver at gleneagles? How bout CBE class by mdm Wong Boh Boi?

hey gals, finally logged in after many hectic days at work!

i went for my detailed scan on mon and dear baby wasnt cooperating. we took almost 45mins and it was quite tiring for me. hubby was very happy cause we are having a baby boy! i have already put on about 7kg and baby is only 362g..
sad.gif

after the scan we went to baby kingdom and baby hyperstore to look around. there are so many things to buy...... its so stressful gettin ready for our dear boy.... we ended up not getting anything cause want to wait for the upcoming motherhood fair.

anyway, hope everyone is feeling good and great now that we are in our 2nd trimester!

I went for my detailed scan last week. Was really upset after it cos the sonographer said my girl's head is longer than usual and her neck thickness was also higher than the norm. I was alone there as hubby was at the mechanic w his car. So I went to see Gynae alone after that, feeling really scared and uncertain. But Gynae was very reassuring and said the numbers were only very slightly above the norm, so no need to worry and other vital stats are ok like the heart and nasal bone etc... So doesn't warrant a need to do invasive tests. Was still quite hesitant when I left but after a few days of letting the info sink in, I think he is right so now back to feeling normal! Sigh!

2nd trimester now but still very tired cos working very hard haha! Looking forward to my leave end mth and jul where we are gg for a short trip as well as staycation this weekend!!! Still din gain a lot of weight so everyone is questioning me as I don't look like 21 weeks, but I will tell them this is a marathon! Better be slow and steady! Dun wanna be slapped w 20kg to lose again.

Happy hols everyone in advance!

S Huang, congrats! I haven been to baby kingdom and baby hyperstore yet though wanted to go there. Are there many varieties of strollers and car seats there?

cookiezz, yes...since ur Gynae reassured u that everything should be fine, so try to enjoy ur trip &amp; staycation first. Though i can understand as mothers its kinda difficult not to think abt it. We will keep worrying until the day they are out and we saw that they are all well! When i did not receive any calls after my Oscar test &amp; blood test im very worried too.

cookiezz, dont worry so much ok about the scan ok? its not good to be upset for you and for baby.. im sure things will turn out fine. sometimes its the angle like how the sonographer captures the baby features, so dont think too much now..

i think i have gained so much weight that i dont really dare to look at myself in the mirror! oh wells..

me n hub went baby kingdom one of e wkends and got almost everything there.. they have a variety of cot, car seat, stroller, baby carrier etc etc on the first floor, and whatever u need for baby neccessities eg. clothes, steriliser, detergent, bathing stuff etc etc on the 2nd floor..

maybe coz not much ppl, so the sales stuff actually provided quite personalised service (explain to us every single model, feature, give reccomendations) which we were very impressed, made us wanna buy more.. and can bargain too! haha

for baby hyperstore, they carry brands of stroller like quinny (more ang moh type of brands), they have a variety there also, but maybe coz the staff at kingdom is more 'sincere' so we end up shopping there.. haha

Back