(2013/08) August 2013

Hows everyone?

Just reached 20wks ytd. Going for detail scan tmmrw.

Soulffle, just ignore them. As long as u love yr gal thats more impt than anything else. Let them be.

My FIL also same. Prefer boy to girl. So he gave remark "dun be discouraged, next time try again" when my hb told him #1 is girl. I was so pissed off. During my confinement, my PIL didn't visit at all except during my hospital stay. And my FIL was 3-4hrs late for the full month celebration. Now they find my girl cute, wana play with her but she refused to let them carry. She knows who really dotes on her!

Now #2 is boy, we purposely dun let them know. Say we want a surprise at birth.

Ame: What Amanda has listed is correct. Those r safe to take during pregnancy & breastfeeding. Yellow tablet isn't avail off-the-shelf, have to get from pharmacy counter. Get well soon!

I think in modern society today, there r still ppl wif 重男轻女 thinking.. as grandparents, they hope their surname will b carried on n on.. like my mother n mil, thou my #1 is a boy, they still hope my #2 can b a boy.. to think they r women leh.. women should support women mah. Really dun understand wat is their mindset? I wondered would i be like them when i m a grandma next time.. hopefully not. ﹰ

haha my FIL i think i overheard him saying that "even if it's girl also never mind".. that was before he knew that it's more likely to be a girl. so.. i think he prefers a boy la.. or maybe it's because my SIL also had a girl.. anyway the whole family dotes on my little niece la. so i guess overall anything goes!

anyway, my 3+ yo niece so cute la, that day i asked her why my tummy so big.. then she say, "maybe you ate too much"!!! naughty girl. then i was telling her it's big because got baby in my tummy, and that she's going to be a jie jie. I asked her to guess if it's girl or boy. then she said "maybe it's a girl".. "then i can give her my dresses and toys" so sweet!

anyway Ame: you can be quite sure of the list i gave u. cos i very kia see and went to check everything out. kept falling sick in my first trimester. so i can memorize all the safe medication already. haha

My in laws actually prefers a girl as grandchild bcoz my mil was hoping to have daughter but she never had, and didnt have a chance to dress up and doll up a girl. My first is a boy, unfortunately for her. So we are hoping this one will be a girl!

I'm gng to detail scan this Thurs. Should be able to find out. Talking to my baby every night and telling it to be cooperative and show us whether its girl or boy on thurs!

For those who have gals, hopefully your gals will be as sweet as you, cos they say gals have their mother's hearts better. I do wish to have a gal someday if I can still manage after having #2. Just not sure if age and finance will permit.

Fr me, no preference and my in laws are nice not to put any pressure either. But, knowing my hubby is only son and eldest, thankfully #1 is a boy, and now #2 too. Actually I have had 3 preg so far, all are boys. Maybe I won't have much luck with gals!

Usha, must be hard on u.. I think u have to eat in really small proportion. I stop as and when I feel I cannot take it tho I may be still hungry. Even water can come out if I overeat.

Ame, the yellow pill is piriton. I have been on that for nearly a month. Went on antibiotics, cough, phlegm, and ventolin too cos I just didn't recover and the illness was taking a toll on me. Thankfully all is good now. I'm trying to eat healthily.

Gestational diabetes: anyone at risk? I've to take the glucose test in a month due to my family history. Not too sure what to expect if the test is positive, ie I'm at risk or I have it?

I think maybe my in laws prefer boys too. Cos yesterday my mil was saying that its confirmed a girl already la. Then my hubby was like .. YA. Say many times and scan many times le.. Ha. My grandma in law was telling me first baby girl good. She very happy cos she thinks girl born first will help will 2nd baby but next one is boy ah. Then i was like .... My own parents has no preference. My sis loves girl but my grandma was hoping for a boy cos she more traditional but anyway. My grandma dotes on me.. So she will dote on my girl too..

Anyway.. Its april now.. Another 4 more months.. Its like so near yet so far.. I wish its july now. Haha

Wow oisterbaby, now that u said it, I just realized its really only 4 more mths!! So fast indeed! I wish I can get into the nesting phase quickly cos now no motivation to clean up house to prepare for bb arrival. These few days onwards are very reassuring cos I get easily recognizable movements from baby. And I somehow miss #1 more when he's at school or when I'm at work. Kind of feel guilty cos I know #1 will be forced to grow up and may get neglected after #2 comes along.

Bbreeze: i have family history plus i am on the big side, my dr says ogtt is routine cos his urine tests dont show glucose in urine etc.
But i am reluctant to go for the test cos i think a blood test will be enuf plus i hate sweet stuff, i get nauseous when i have to drink too sweet stuff, and i know this ogtt will make me nauseous and puke.. So i am wondering if a blood test will be enuf. (Wouldnt blood test be more accurate than urine test?) i didt do it for my previous pregnancy and i didnt have gdm also.

Serene you're right.. I thought women will support women also but guess not.

It's just so strange that the in-laws all still prefer boys to girls in this day and age. It's not like we are going extinct soon, or have to have boys to work on the farm :/ I think it should be a mentality of being happy whether boy or girl because a baby is a gift and a blessing. Still so picky aiyo.

Thanks for the tips!! Cold has gotten much better, thankfully didnt become cough with phlegm.

I can't believe most of us are more than halfway through - actually i feel time has been moving quite quick. don't know if I'm even prepared but apparently it will all kick in when reality hits. can't wait!!

Guys, want to check with you if any of you are feeling the same as me. In my week 22 right now, today in the evening, felt a very different sensation all together. I know how it feels when baby is punching and kicking..but today it feels like baby is pull something and I have this "stomach turn inside out feeling". Lol..very particular, you will only feel such feeling if you are shock or scare. But somewhat I feel that its baby pull the umbilical cord that cause me to have this feeling. It happened around 3 times then it stop.

Wonder if any of you experience the same thing?

Hello mommies... some updates from me - went for my detailed scan last week and confirm it is a mei-mei... so my children were right from the start! I already have a girl, followed by a boy - but somehow everyone wants a mei-mei to dote on. The only person that dared to say to my face that they are disappointed is my own mom - she always prefer boys. And during CNY, my MIL actually told a relative "So how? Your MIL has 2 boys but your two are girls?? Need to try more lor..." - - rude redefined!

I said I am either on IBS (diarrhea) or constipated. Yesterday, I had the worst case of constipation in my life! Something I wish no mommies need to go through - my advice is to keep to the fruits and veggies - and if you really can't, then need to take regular doses of lactus. Else....

Wlilian: Different mommies describes/feels slightly differently. Sometimes, I feel punching/kicking toward my bowel and it is most embarrasing at times because it goes like this PUNCH>KICK>FART PUNCH>KICK>FART... so I had to switch on the music - else my colleague would hear me!! Other times, after a few kicks I feel the entire womb contracting (gynae says normal)... and other times, I can almost imagine her turning circles in my tummy!

Frogprincess, congrats for having a gal again!:)

Anyone feels tummy getting heavier n heavier? Don't know how I can't endure another 4 more months. Been using farlin tummy support belt n do feel some relief. Weather so hot!!!

how many weeks u start to feel n constantly feel after tat?

I am in 18week.. occasionally I can feel a churning inside n always at home wen I sleep on e side.. not e kickin or e punches yet.. tis boy cant b so gentle.. haha..

frogprincess: haha your description is so funnyyy! I get a lot more gas nowadays too.

chocpockie: I don't usually feel the heaviness ... until bedtime haha
proud.gif
I wake up with a backache almost every other day because the pillow I put behind me just falls onto the floor. Sigh. Very bad sleep so very tired when I go to work.

Morning!

Weather hot is number one problem for me! I hardly even want to step out of home these few days. Our temp is rising from second tri, so it doesn't help..

Chocpokie, I feel heavy towards end of day esp if I have to work. Feel like my back can break and I can hardly walk straight. I have to use hands to hold my tummy up too..lol..just last night i waa aking myself the same question of how to cope til delivery. but when I adequate rest, everything feels lighter and more manageable.

Wlilian, ur bb must be strong to deliver such karate kicks! Hehe.. Mine still bearable, but he likes to kick cervix which can be sensitive, feels like hit some nerve?

Soufflé, haha, by evening time after cooking dinner, I can practically lie on the sofa n can't move. :p Maybe u get more pillows to put beside u as standby?;)

Bbbreeze, I also have the tendency to hold my tummy. Jiatlat.

chocopockie: know what you mean...tummy feels very stretch now...even my thights are like huge and uncomfortable..we are only at our 5 month nia....really worried what is going to happen T.T

soulffles: know what u mean...i cannot get up straight like i use too...now i need to use my hands to shift me up..if i never lie down or wake up properly...i will limp while walking and it will last for 3-4 mins before my legs recover...

Joyful: feel it when i am starting week 20..the kicks and stuff start...there was one time i film it...lol..movement is quite fast..you can see my tummy like pop and drop..like 1 second nia..

P: hmm..yah my BB gal kicks me quite hard when she feels like it...the first time i let my hubby experience it..he was like "woah"...lol...but the feeling of stomach dropping is different from kicking and her turning...to me it really feels like she is pulling her umibical cord...like tugging it...read online...it seems that some of the BB will play with the umibical cord if they can grab it...one of the previous mum say when she did scanning the doc told her to see the scan and apparently her baby was putting the umibical cord in the mouth and out again...O.O

Ya. Sometimes i am really wondering how am i going to cope when the tummy gets bigger when its already uncomfy now.
Sometimes my chest area feels so tight that I really feel like I need to breathe deeply.

Then i really do not know if the little one has sufficient space to grow or not. But really thank god I am not carrying twins. It will be a nightmare and my body will definitely not be able to take it.

Wlilian, oisterbaby's, we have to be mentally prepared that last stage will be really uncomfortable cos bb grows bigger n space in our tummy too cramp for them. They will be wriggling, punching n kicking around. Haha.

Then we will start to think hopefully bb quickly come out. Then come out another headache cos we have to be on call 24/7 for their needs Liao. Hahaha. Really dilemma!!!

Frogprincess: ur description so farnie lah! But seeing what u go thru, i should be thankful this baby only kicks my bladder. Not fun to suddenly wanna go pee but better than farting..

Hi mommies,

I have the following items to clear. Please watsapp or sms me at 98482804 if you are keen.
Thanks

1)Brand New Pigeon cultery set - $5

2)Brand New Tollyjoy 2 in 1 warmer bowl - $5

3)Brand New Pigeoon Nail Scissor $8

4)Brand New- Mag Mag training cup full set $ 20.
(http://www.pigeon.com.sg/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=260&category_id=25&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=49)

5)Brand New Pigeon Self-educational Bowl and Fork set - $10 (http://www.pigeon.com.sg/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=110&category_id=28&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=52)

6)Brand New vitamin world fenugreek from US. Expire on Jan 2014. 2 New bottles avail at $15 each. $28 for both.

8260129.jpg

Hi mummies, hope all of you are enjoying our 2nd trimester.

btw, just out of curiousity, mummies intended to buy cord life or donate it? Any advise?

Yuki, I m not sure if I will be storing my current bb's cord blood cos I have stored for my 2 kids. The fees are not cheap. Headache!

But if this is your 1st bb or 2nd bb, shld go for it. The benefits are there.

<table border=1><tr><td>S/n</TD><TD>Nick Name in SMH forum</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Expecting Child</TD><TD>Hospital to deliver baby</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>poky</TD><TD>2/8/13</TD><TD>caroline khi</TD><TD>#3</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>wenditan</TD><TD>2/8/13</TD><TD>Dr KC Yeo</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Joelle_024</TD><TD>2/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Serene (reneisme)</TD><TD>3/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Usha RajKumar (usha_rk)</TD><TD>4/8/13</TD><TD>Dr. Khoo</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>soulffle</TD><TD>4/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Tan</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Thiasy</TD><TD>4/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Babyxi</TD><TD>6/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>chirpychirpy</TD><TD>6/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Karolyn Goh</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>mymelody79</TD><TD>6/8/13</TD><TD>WK Tan</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>wlilian</TD><TD>6/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Anthony Siow</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>East Shore Hospital</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Elaine (bdpanda)</TD><TD>6/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Ben Tham</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Bam</TD><TD>7/8/13</TD><TD>Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Oisterbaby</TD><TD>7/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Chan KH</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Gleneagles Hospital</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>bb_hopeful</TD><TD>7/8/13</TD><TD>Vincent Lee</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>jeslynx87</TD><TD>7/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Lee Keen Whye</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Gleneagles Hospital</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>sheepysheeps</TD><TD>8/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Kenneth Edward Lee</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Annpaul</TD><TD>8/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Tan Kim Teng</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>piggy_cheng</TD><TD>8/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>Mrstham2011</TD><TD>9/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Wee Horng Yen</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>gyyl</TD><TD>10/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Kang Wee</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>Milis</TD><TD>12/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Chan KH</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Gleneagles Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>stella1805</TD><TD>13/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr T B Lim</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Mount E Hospital</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>Chocpockie</TD><TD>13/8/2013</TD><TD>Dr June Tan</TD><TD>#3</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>Babys</TD><TD>15/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Ben Choey</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>Serene (coolman)</TD><TD>15/8/2013</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>diorly</TD><TD>15/8/2013</TD><TD>Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>Vinette</TD><TD>15/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Henry Cheng</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>Ellen</TD><TD>15/8/2013</TD><TD>Dr Chua TM</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>Skymummy</TD><TD>16/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>rachyo</TD><TD>17/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr. Watt Wing Fong</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>Monmav</TD><TD>18/08/13</TD><TD>Dr Lee Keen Whye</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Gleneagles Hospital</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>baby20_manja</TD><TD>18/08/13</TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD>#3</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>Elainetly83</TD><TD>18/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Chua Hong Liang</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>35</TD><TD>cyee</TD><TD>18/8/2013</TD><TD>Dr Henry</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>Usaginoko</TD><TD>19/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Henry Chen</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>37</TD><TD>Sueann18</TD><TD>19/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Tan HH</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>38</TD><TD>Von</TD><TD>20/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Kenneth Edward lee</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>39</TD><TD>ttcing</TD><TD>20/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Henry Cheng</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>40</TD><TD>Amegoh</TD><TD>20/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Heng</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>East Shore Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>41</TD><TD>Nil</TD><TD>23/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Edward Lee</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>42</TD><TD>Lyra</TD><TD>21/8/2013</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>43</TD><TD>Happy</TD><TD>23/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>44</TD><TD>Hyperangel</TD><TD>24/08/13</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>45</TD><TD>bear bear</TD><TD>24/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>46</TD><TD>nefariouskat</TD><TD>24/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr John Tee</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>47</TD><TD>zhaqqie</TD><TD>24/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>East Shore Hospital</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>48</TD><TD>Jos</TD><TD>24/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr HC Han</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>49</TD><TD>simplygreen</TD><TD>25/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr. Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>50</TD><TD>Scent</TD><TD>25/08/2013</TD><TD>chan k h</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Gleneagles Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>51</TD><TD>Qin83</TD><TD>26/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Mariam</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>52</TD><TD>Yuki @ East</TD><TD>27/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>53</TD><TD>joyful</TD><TD>27/08/2013</TD><TD>ch koh</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>54</TD><TD>mab3ru</TD><TD>27/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Ang</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>55</TD><TD>Bubbly</TD><TD>27/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Kek Lee Phin</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Mount E Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>56</TD><TD>Poppysead</TD><TD>27/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Henry Ch</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>57</TD><TD>Avuvia</TD><TD>28/08/2013</TD><TD>Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>58</TD><TD>sotongberry</TD><TD>29/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>59</TD><TD>mumtobe0813</TD><TD>29/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Loh Seong Feei</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>60</TD><TD>Yippeeapple</TD><TD>30/8/2013</TD><TD>John Tee</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>61</TD><TD>Angela Tan</TD><TD>30/8/2013</TD><TD>Dr Selina Chua </TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount E Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>62</TD><TD>amee13</TD><TD>30/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Kang Wee</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>63</TD><TD>Xav (Xav_mummy)</TD><TD>Aug</TD><TD>Dr Christopher Chong</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>64</TD><TD>Coco69</TD><TD>4-Sep</TD><TD>Dr w k tan</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD></td></tr></table>

I was having tummy pain and crampy these few days. At first, the pain is on my right side and i can almost feel the intense building up when i move around. My gynae told me due to ligament stretching which normally happened when we reach 20 plus weeks as our uterus is growing. asked me not to walk too much and rest well. Then on and off i feel the crampy feeling and is now spreading across my whole tummy. How to rest well when we still need to work?? Wondering if any ladies having the same symptom as me. I read my year06 mtb thread and realised i have the similar crampy feeling back then when i was in my early week20plus. now I feel more an xin.

frogprincess, p(bbreeze) &amp; xo: Hi mummies, so sorry I can't seem to find you on the list, just in case if mummies wanna update your details, you can fill it up here.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dE1WcVNKbjY1VTNaZllqY3ZwTlFRUmc6MQ

or just let me know okie
happy.gif

Mummies, so sorry if I've miss you out but do let me know and I'll update ya
happy.gif

Oisterbaby, Chocpokie, I feel so breathless too, kind of like having difficulty breathing too...does the support belt helps, guess I should go and buy too...feel like some fatty woman..

Serene, No prob.....me too having such cramps but i dont remember having such cramps when I've #1. My gynea also mentioned the same thing ask me not to walk too much but cos I'm in a sales/project job have to drive and walk a lot, just wonder how to rest as well...

Monmav, tks for remembering me! im not putting up my data yet...still remember my trauma from my past MCs, so ill put up nearer to delivery date
happy.gif

Breathless, i feel it on some days too, esp nearer evening if i had a busy day..when the tummy gets bigger in evening as well. then start feeling backache too. a sign of getting old!!

Do u all feel craving for food u never had before?! hahah.. today i actually ate lady's fingers, stuff i will never eat! and it tasted so good!

Monmav, I feel the tummy support belt helps when I go out. Especially when I need to send n pick my little boy fm school when I need to walk a slope up to reach the church. But not sure it will help with your breathlessness or not. My gynae told me if I feel breathlessness for no reason, then it is high chance my iron intake not enuff.

Btw, Tks for updating the table for us!

Iron intake nt enough? Oh no I think I better start eating my iron pills I've been stopping for quite a while cos I kept having constipation and at times bleed when I 'poo'..any mummies experiencing this?

monmav, I agree with chocpockie, breathlessness might be due to low iron and low blood count, not enough red blood cells to carry the oxygen. Was breathless in first trimester, then gynae found that my blood count was low after the blood test and prescribed me iron pills, and it's getting better now. I don't have much side effect from the iron pills though, just that the poo is a tad greener than usual

Morning mummies. Thx for the advice. I guess most mummies will donate more than saving the stem blood. Guess I need to reconsider again

Cord blood - I donated for #1 and #; and will donate for #3 as well. After donating, I actually called to check if there are any abnormalities etc and whether it was banked. I was informed that for both #1 and #2, it was not banked because of insufficient volume. However, since I have consented to it, it was used for research. A bit disappointed, but at least it was put into good use. Cannot imagine having had it banked privately, and paid for... say, 20 years - and then when crisis comes..... urh... not enough!!

Frogprincess: i think they will check the volume too before it is banked. Cos my friend banked hers and when they check that it is infected cos of yeast, they told her its not bankable and refund her.

I will be banking mine probably cos my hubby likes the idea. I was leaning towards donating. But see how ba. I will decide in 3rd trimester.

Yuki@east: I am thinking of donating but my hubby seems to be on the fence...but the cost is really quite a huge amount to be storing the cord...at this point we are not really able to afford it...
sad.gif

Lol...base on the list seems like auguest babys have more girls...

P(breeze): Does your hubby like lady fingers?? maybe that is the reason why...ho ho ho...nowadays i eat stuff that my husband likes..
sad.gif
Wanton mee, pizza

Vinette: no worries..i believe everything will be fine...hope you have the gender that you want..
happy.gif

monmav: take prune juice..it really works...constipated for 2 days...i drink prune juice at 7pm and by 10pm..i went to the toilet to do big bussiness..

After giving birth to #2, i intend to slim down since closing production.

Any fast way to reduce waist and hip size? when can start exercising after birth? Any cheap slimming company to recommend? Any good body shaping wear to recommend?

baby20:i didnt source but found out one at the previous Mothercare expo. U can try looking for the massage service at expo. but colleague later told me the massage lady she know only charge $38/hr, so much cheaper than the one i bought at expo. U may ask around for recommendation from those freelancer.

Hair Salon: is it true that there's pantang that we can use any scissors? like no cutting hair during pregnancy? I was thinking to go for hair treatment due to terrible hair loss but seems like not so recommended? any advice?

Yuki, previously i used a freelancer to massage me but i dont really feel that great. Wat i meant is my body is pain n tired but she nv really do it well to ease my pain. I love my 1st one but i lost her no. This time round i hope to do it for 10 days but hoping to find nt so exp one. Previously charged 350 for 7 days if nt rem wrongly. Hoping to find cheaper but gd. Hee. My body really tired. Quite a no of friends ask to massage during pregnancy but i am scared so i rather wait aft giving birth.

Back