(2013/08) August 2013

I engaged my Neighbour to do post natal for me. Charged me discount. She said she originally charge $80. How come urs is so cheap? $350 for 7 sessions! But then I'm not gng for package as I had done it before n the lady (free lancer) kept changing time n date until she dragged my 7 sessions to longer than the date it shd end. Sigh.

Catherine, for slimming, u can try Breastfeed as much as u could after childbirth. It helped me slimmed down after I gave birth to number one. It's equivalent to 2 hr of exercise!

mine was signed during the roadshow at baby fair. that's why it was super cheap. Promo price for that few days only.

my #1, i also breastfeed, but only for 2 mths. hard to slim down leh...

Hi ladies, speaking of my tummy cramps, it got better last nite. But i had a scare yesterday when i see pinkish-red blood when i peed. I oni see blood when i peed. As tis morning still e same, i visited my gynea again as i suspected could be bladder infection after googling in e web. But i did not hav other bladder infection symptoms except for cramps. My gynea did a urine test for mi. It turned up to b really bladder infection. So e cramps i hav these days could b both ligament scretch n bladder infection. I also read tat pregnant is prone to bladder infection, uti as our bb might b pressing on our bladder causing some urine to stay inside e bladder for too long. So ladies be careful of tis n do not hold ur urine for too long. Also remember to drink more water.

I didn't have time for massage after CL left coz bz handling bb on my own. I was also afraid my csect wound not healed yet. So even though i did book massage lady w/o deposit, didnt have massage in the end. I took 4mths to lose all the preg weight and another 2 mths b4 i regained pre-preg figure. I partial breastfeed for 6mths.

Vinette: My appt was 12.30 but i was late. End up as last patient at 2.30pm. Signed up package tdy. $900+ poorer....

i'm wondering if massage is really effective too.. its costly! oh anyways the mummy's massage, i read that it's because they use those freshly trained massage ladies to help them to get back to work or something one.. think they are just starting this year and that could be why it's so cheap during the earlier expo.

I engage the Malay massage lady that was recommended in the forum, can't remember her name but she charge me 45 for 1 session. I actually booked her for 7 days but after the 4th day she told me I can to opt not to cos I don't much water retention and tummy quite small..but I continued as the massage was quite good.
This time round I ask mdm Layla who was recommended in the forum who charge 50 a session..haven't try her pre natal massage, thought of trying her next week cos she say after 18 weeks can do massage..

Wlilian: talking about prune juice, guess it really help drank a big glass and its like causing me to diarrhea

All that talk about massage is making me more aware of all the aches I have now! Haha. Wish I can go for a massage now but I really dun dare. Last time c sec took very long to heal too so I didn't even have time to think about massage. Does it really aid slimming? I have lots to lose from the accumulation over the years so I doubt the massage will help. When I breast fed 9 mths, I really slimmed down a lot. So I will bank on that instead. And also, if I can successfully vbac this round, I will opt for massage too!

Monmav, maybe try half glass prune juice next time? A big glass sounds a little too much! Hehe.. How about other fruits? I have been taking apple about once a week when I start to feel constipated.

Serene, wow ur hunches were right. And I think u did right thing to consult gynae too. At least now u are fully aware of what's happening and can feel mor assured that bb is ok. Do take care!

Bbreeze, my 1st c section, I din dare to massage cos scared of the wound. 2nd c-section I did it (abt 20 days later) n had no regrets cos it helps to slim down n get rid of wind in my body. If u are those kind that easily slim down after birth, maybe can do without massage.

My CL always tell me if I m the sole care giver to my bb after she leaves, very very likely I will slim down fast due to stress. Hahaha. N true enuff, 1st one no massage but really slim down fast cos no one helped me that time after my confinement.

Bbreeze, thanks. I will dutifully complete my antibiotic n drink more water to clear my infection. Tats e power of google.. but sometimes read too much info in e web will cause us to b more paroniod also. Veri contridicting.

Speaking of postnatal massage, i been wondering whether should i engage ornot. Coz during my #1, my ml told mi i dun hav much water retention, not much wind in e womb n my tummy strink down alot. End up i did 5 sessions instead of 7 sessions as agree. But after so many years n older nw, wondering whether my tummy will slim back as fast as my first time.ﹰﹰ

I had a postnatal massage lady that uses hot stones. $50 per session. Unfortunately I lost her contact and don't even remember her name! Anyone here has any clue?

Just want to rant... Lousy day at work. The freaking aircon has been down for 2nd day. My office is on a higher floor thus the windows cannot be open and im facing the window. They have given one stupid standing fan for the whole office!! it is sooo freaking hot!!! I oredi feel very humid nowadays and now this hot feeling is just giving me headache and flushes!!

Anybody has problem sleeping nowadays? T.T I keep waking up every 2-3 hours just to adjust my back... It hurts.

Usha: i know what u mean...when i sleep i always cover myself with my comforter...and yesterday night onwards, it was so hot that i sleep without my comforter...apparently as baby grow bigger, our body temperature increases like mad....drink more water to keep yourself hydrated....if you have low blood pressure need to be more careful.

Usha: ya its hot these days and plus no aircon in an enclosed place its terrible take a break go early lunch

wlilian: yes these days I wake up very often too just to adjust but back doesn't hurt cos I sleep on sides
and yes I feel h0ot even with aircon on these days until I take my blanket away
my husband had to sleep with blanket on

wlilian: thanks babe!! yeah so thankful everything is ok :D yay double confirm is boy!

usaginoko: wah!! if not, i could have bumped into you. i left around 12ish! haha yeah 900+ poorer.. gynae earns good money..

Serene, ppl will get tummy cramps due to bladder infection! No wonder I went to ttsh for tummy cramps, diarrhea n vomitting today (3am so went to emergency dept) n the nurses kept asking if I urinate blood. Lucky I'm fine n bb is ok. Had food poisoning. I won't dare to be adventurous n take things for granted anymore!

On the bright side, gynae told me bb's gender. It's a girl! I'm super happy as my first is a boy.

Monmav, can help to update 42. Lyra, girl? Hehe

Sure Lyra, I will update it...

Wlilian: me too my interrupted sleep is causing me to be very tired in the day too...I keep shifting around till my hubby will wake up too..

Haizz Today is a tired day...just to rant too my dear helper today not once already went down late to pick up my son from the school bus. Apparently she was so late that the school bus left with my son to send others back first.,best part is that she waited till 45 minutes before calling me to inform. I've to call the school bus and rush back home as I can't get her as well..my poor boy have to take an almost 2 hr bus ride today...

Monmav, poor boy! Super hot weather too. Hope he's ok.

Btw mummies, I'm thinking of doing sterilization (cutting the tubes) after giving birth to second child. If anyone knows a gd surgeon who can perform this surgery well, pls recommend me. I heard many stories of job not well done n poor woman got preg again.

wlilian: im opposite.. I feel so sleepy... I wake up oni once or twice in the middle of the night to go toilet but i can fall asleep immediately. I sleep mostly on my left and on my back at times. I still feel sleepy throughout the whole day..

Hi lyra, i got food posioning when i had my #1. Tat time i had fever, vomitting n diahorrea.. i remembered it was caused by e bbq tat i eaten during my class gathering. So tis time around, i dare not go for any bbq since my pregnancy. Once bitten, twice shy. So u know wat hav u eaten to cause u food posioning?
Wow congrats to u 1 boy, 1 gal. 好字。for mi 2 boys.. dun dare to try for #3. Scared turn up to b boy again. Will definitely b closing shop after tis. M thinking shld i do ligation or try other preventive methods.

hi monmav .. can you update mine please?
9) chirpychirpy - baby girl ..

i have change my gynae too .. how should i go abt changing it??

I usually have no problem sleeping thru out the night and only wake up abt 6.30am to pee and get ready for work ... n instead of contispation, i have frequent tummyache ..

i read from somewhere ... it says we may have fake contraction during this tri .. for experience mummy .. can you share how does contraction feels like??

Hi chirpy sure I will update it just let me know here I will change it okie
happy.gif

I've no sleeping problem throughout except waking up once in the middle of the night to pee. But these few days I've been waking up more often due to discomfort and slight pain on my tummy and abdominal. Couldn't sleep well which causes me to be so tired in the day. Having backache almost everyday and the pain is always mostly on the right. Left doesn't really hurt.

Glad to know most of u know baby's gender!:)

I'm still so fantasy over baby's movements. She's just so adorable to react to my talking at times. It's like she knows what I'm saying. And looking at the baby bump. I find it so amazing!!
Sorry if I get so excited over it. Hahaha. FTM so everything to me will be so amazing and I love kids a lot! Hehe

Have you guys seen xiaxue's video?
Once I heard baby cry I tear! It's such a noble and touching moments!
Can't imagine the moment I deliver my little princess. I will sure cry!! I believe my hubby will too. Haha!

Anyone have been to kaki bukit baby kingdom warehouse before?
Any review comparing baby's fair and baby kingdom?

Chirpy, my braxton hicks during 2nd tri, felt like the real thing. It felt like gastric flu cramps. Gets very intense, then disappears.. Or tummy gets very tight until u feel pain kind..

Serene: hmm, i feel both sell dfferent things so hard to compare. One sells maclaren, peg prego, maxi cos and he ang moh brands. The other sells pigeon, combi, good baby, local or asia brands. Sorry i cant remember which shop sells the ang mor stuff and which one sells the more local stuff b

Serene Ng: I just watched the video n it's like omg. I also wanna cry. Can't wait to hold the little one in my arms! But baby still need to grow well first for another few months. Argh. Grow well little one and we shall meet soon! (Anyway she made childbirth look too easy! I wanna go for natural birth if possible though)

Serene, Amanda. Juz watch the video too. Her baby really very cute!! Yes, truly amazing. The whole video reminds me of my 1st c section when I first heard my bb in the ops theatre. I also cried that time when I 1st heard the cries of my bb.. It was like cant believe it my bb has finally arrived to this world n that I was holding my own bb in my arms too.

Serene: I went both shops at kaki bukit ydy. Hyperstore sells the angmoh brands like maxi cosi, pre prego. Their bb cots better quality but ex. Service ok. i bgt my cot from them. Kingdom sells the other brands like combi, britax. Cots cheaper, quality acceptable. Very pushy staff but if u buy from them can try bargain for discount. Both stores do join baby fairs sometimes so u can go check out first then wait for fairs.

Thanks mummies for the advise. Shall do a comparison first before getting anything. But it's super far from my place. End of west to end of east.

BabyS, Amanda, chocpockie: ya. She make childbirth looks so easy. It's like there's no pain at all. But I still wanna go for natural birth unless I'm left with no choice. Time pls pass faster! Can't wait to carry my little one in my arms!

Mummies! How big is your tummy now?
Shall we share some photos to show the progress of each mummy:)
I've take monthly photos to see the diff of my tummy size.

I teared when i heard the baby cry.. Its just the most amaing thing to hear ur baby cry for the first time. I guess also becos she had a c sec, everything is planned and anticipated, not like siao chao bo just push push push and super tired.. Hee..

For my #1, i went natural, had been pushing for 45 mins. Then when dr tell me to stop pushing, delivered the baby put her on me immediately, i was like "umm.. Is that my daughter?" Even though knew she was mine, its like meeting a stranger for a first time cos u never see b4 mah. Only after they cut the cord and whisk to the side, started cleaning an she cried the. It sorta sank in..

Too shocked to bask in the moment. I was expecting for the moment to be like what u see in shows where they put baby onto mummy then mummy carries baby and cries in happiness. Hahah..

But that said, i will still choose to go for natural delivery..

Serene n babyS, of cos go for natural if you can. I went thru c section becos baby stucked. Alamak! Haha. But I was a good experience for me. At least I went thru labour pains n the pushing part. :p

My gynae do ligation but he recommends I do it when I'm older, he thinks I'm still young n may regret. Anyway his charges may be quite high so I'm sourcing for other options too.

Just for sharing, i was watching a show on discovery channel and the gynae on the show was saying that the reason for pregnant women getting nose bleeds during pegnancy is becos of low platelets.. So boost up on ur iron mummies!

Soulffle: hmm...the funny thing is that now i will try to sleep on my right side first...i will still wake up 1-2 times just to pee and adjust...and then i will try to sleep on my left side...if i start sleeping on my left side...seems like i have problems in getting a better sleep..

Serene: yah xiaxue baby very cute and it seems that she made giving birth so easy...lol...but i think i will still want to go for natual birth if possible....i dont need to put make up and make myself look pretty before birth...my hubby already seen the ugly side of me...i think if i can experience natual birth that would be good...

Guys, do you know the dates of the next baby expo fair..it should be around may right? This time round we need to grab all the stuff we can before baby comes out.....

Sign up my natal course also..and hubby is coming with me...seems like there is another 3++ months and our babies are coming out...

Beautiful mummies, good morning! Hope yall had a great weekend.

Just wondering, I'm almost 20 weeks now, and I still feel that my boobs are very sensitive & some time in pain when i sleep on back then turn to the left. Any mummies experience this?

Also, i used to sleep on the left before pregnant and never on my back. Nowadays i felt that sleeping on my back is more comfortable. I understand sleeping on the left is a better position but it will tend to move back to my back even if i was sleeping on the left initially. any advice?

Wlilian: the next baby expo fair shld be ard 30may-2june if there's no changes made. Gonna ask hubby to drive and also bring my mum along as she knows more about baby's stuffs due to her experience of babysitting all 4kids. Miss The kids and mum's cooking. Gonna see and have it this friday aft my appt. finally can see My baby!! Go for natural birth. Better for baby also.

Yuki: i cannot sleep on my sides. Both left or right. I have to sleep on my back. I bought a maternity pillow and it helps me sleep better. I read somewhere that we shld sleep on the left but somehow i always have to sleep on my back after a while. Baby either kick alot in protests or my back starts aching.

Hi Monmav : 48) boy

Must we sleep on the left? I'm so used to sleeping on the right.... so on the left really is comfortable... automatically will change back to right...

Hi Aug Mummies!

I have a $100 Stamford Catering Services voucher to let go at $75. Expiry date is 24 Aug 2013.

Please PM me if you are keen.

Thanks!!

Back