(2013/08) August 2013

Thanks for all your kind words... Hugz...

p / oisterbaby, maybe the little ones will become friends up there
happy.gif

ellen: i'm so sorry for your loss.. please take good caer of yourself and rest well. god has a plan and i believe you will be blessed again. hugs.

hui: im seeing dr cheng too! if i din rmb wrongly, detail scan should be around 200? but his package starts from wk 20 which is same time as detailed scan. so will be inclusive in his package.. u're with dr cheng too?

Ellen : so sorry to hear about your little one... there's always a reason why things happen even though we can't understand it... hope you will recover well ... and dun stop trying ... *fighting!*

usaginoko : ya, I've signed up for antenatal class... yeah, perhaps I should attend it first and see if it's sufficient then decide if I still want to sign up for additional class... jialat, like very kiasu hor...

had my scan and finally get to know gender..it's a prince again. hubby is happy cos can save money by recycling the clothes from #1. im neutral tho was hoping for a princess to balance up, but i'll be happy as long as the pregnancy can be smooth and bb healthy.

Im on my second round of antibiotics as haven't recovered from the persistent cough. nothing much seems to be helping, it almost is like a symptom of pregnancy!

Saw some mummies posting on their craving for maggi mee. I have eaten maggi mee a few times during my first trimester! couldn't resist the craving and felt so happy after eating. Now that i read, i think throwing out the water used to boil the noodles is a good idea.

i still don't dare to take instant noodles. only occasionally when my hubby wants me to cook for him then i will just pinch a bit. and its the KOKA no MSG type. haha.

I still occasionally eat maggi mee, but of cos try to eat nutriutious food. Baby is very clever only absorb the best whatever we eat.

Had butter crabs again today. Yummy but very sinful.. :p

ellen,

I am sorry to hear about your loss too though i do not know you personally. i also had a previous m/c last year so i totally understand how you feel. Please do a good confinement this time to nurse back your health. Don't give up hope and your rainbow will come back to you again...

Vinette

yes ! i am with Dr Cheng too...
happy.gif

thanks for your info !!

good morning mummies, finally the long awaited long weekend is here soon! hope all of us can catch a good rest, eat well, and relax!

hui: haha no problem :D when's your EDD?

p: yay! long weekend.. haha

baby movement:
wk 19++ now.. but i am still unable to identify baby movement yet. :x when to see doc on mon, and i could feel some nervous twitch at my stomach.. wondering is it baby movement. but it's an one off event.. maybe clinic v quiet so can observe better.

Hi mummies, how are you guys feeling these few days? Abit worried...During monday and tuesday..baby have been kicking non stop but wednesday and today kick seems to be very subtle and minimal less then 10 kicks in a day...
sad.gif
not sure if i need to be worried

Oh yah by the way does anybody know where to buy cheap bedding set for baby cot? I bought the baby cot but they only give 1 set of bedding sheet. Dont know where i can cheaper ones.

Hi mummies,

actually if you guys dont mind, can try sourcing from malaysia.

My in laws drive in very often and the other time i went in, they brought me to this place which sells baby stuffs.

Medela pumps at RM699 bedding sets are at relatively low price too.

Whenever i go in, i will treat it as a 'mini-vacation cum shopping spree' and grab whatever i need.

wlilian: mine also. sometimes keep moving, sometimes not. think it's normal lah. baby bedding set, can try Aussino. saw some v pretty ones and price quite reasonable.
happy.gif

Eleen : sorry to hear about your loss. Do rest and recuperate well. Take good care.

Jos: Thanks ! I shall call them and check if I can go anytime.

Anna : My gynea gave me ache relief cream for aches but I have not applied. =P

There is an ache relief cream for pregnant women! I'm gng to get from my gynae. The shoulder n backache is terrible n yet can't use my massage Umama coz it is stated that preg women cannot use n can't use salom pas too
sad.gif

I'm also quite surprised that non of my neighbours who saw me asked whether I'm pregnant n I'm 4months gng to 5 already. I guess this time round, my tummy is quite small. my sister said I look like im a woman who over-ate for lunch or had bloated tummy... No wonder nobody give up seats for me on trains...

Hi all, been a while since I log in as I went for BKK for holiday..Lots of posts since then.

Ellen: So sorry to hear about your loss, please look after yourself well and stay positive..

Read that a few mummies having aching legs..does wearing compression socks help. I tried soaking my legs in hot water while I was in BKK as my legs were aching so much from the walking but it doesnt help much either..

I guess i walk too much during the trip and now my legs are like forever aching..maybe i will go and buy the compression socks later.

<table border=1><tr><td>S/n</TD><TD>Nick Name in SMH forum</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Expecting Child</TD><TD>Hospital to deliver baby</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>poky</TD><TD>2/8/13</TD><TD>caroline khi</TD><TD>#3</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>wenditan</TD><TD>2/8/13</TD><TD>Dr KC Yeo</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Joelle_024</TD><TD>2/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Serene</TD><TD>3/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Usha RajKumar (usha_rk)</TD><TD>4/8/13</TD><TD>Dr. Khoo</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>soulffle</TD><TD>4/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Tan</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Thiasy</TD><TD>4/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Babyxi</TD><TD>6/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>chirpychirpy</TD><TD>6/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Karolyn Goh</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>mymelody79</TD><TD>6/8/13</TD><TD>WK Tan</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>wlilian</TD><TD>6/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Anthony Siow</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>East Shore Hospital</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Elaine (bdpanda)</TD><TD>6/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Ben Tham</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Bam</TD><TD>7/8/13</TD><TD>Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Oisterbaby</TD><TD>7/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Chan KH</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Gleneagles Hospital</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>bb_hopeful</TD><TD>7/8/13</TD><TD>Vincent Lee</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>jeslynx87</TD><TD>7/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Lee Keen Whye</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Gleneagles Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>sheepysheeps</TD><TD>8/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Kenneth Edward Lee</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Annpaul</TD><TD>8/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Tan Kim Teng</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>piggy_cheng</TD><TD>8/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>Mrstham2011</TD><TD>9/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Wee Horng Yen</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>gyyl</TD><TD>10/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Kang Wee</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>Milis</TD><TD>12/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Chan KH</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Gleneagles Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>stella1805</TD><TD>13/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr T B Lim</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Mount E Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>Chocpockie</TD><TD>13/8/2013</TD><TD>Dr June Tan</TD><TD>#3</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>Babys</TD><TD>15/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Ben Choey</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>Serene</TD><TD>15/8/2013</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>diorly</TD><TD>15/8/2013</TD><TD>Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>Vinette</TD><TD>15/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Henry Cheng</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>Ellen</TD><TD>15/8/2013</TD><TD>Dr Chua TM</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>Skymummy</TD><TD>16/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>rachyo</TD><TD>17/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr. Watt Wing Fong</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>Monmav</TD><TD>18/08/13</TD><TD>Dr Lee Keen Whye</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Gleneagles Hospital</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>baby20_manja</TD><TD>18/08/13</TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD>#3</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>Elainetly83</TD><TD>18/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Chua Hong Liang</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>35</TD><TD>cyee</TD><TD>18/8/2013</TD><TD>Dr Henry</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>Usaginoko</TD><TD>19/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Henry Chen</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>37</TD><TD>Sueann18</TD><TD>19/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Tan HH</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>38</TD><TD>Von</TD><TD>20/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Kenneth Edward lee</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>39</TD><TD>ttcing</TD><TD>20/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Henry Cheng</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>40</TD><TD>Nil</TD><TD>23/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Edward Lee</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>41</TD><TD>Lyra</TD><TD>21/8/2013</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>42</TD><TD>Happy</TD><TD>23/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>43</TD><TD>Hyperangel</TD><TD>24/08/13</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>44</TD><TD>bear bear</TD><TD>24/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>45</TD><TD>nefariouskat</TD><TD>24/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr John Tee</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>46</TD><TD>zhaqqie</TD><TD>24/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>East Shore Hospital</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>47</TD><TD>simplygreen</TD><TD>25/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr. Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>48</TD><TD>Scent</TD><TD>25/08/2013</TD><TD>chan k h</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Gleneagles Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>49</TD><TD>Qin83</TD><TD>26/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Mariam</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>50</TD><TD>Yuki @ East</TD><TD>27/08/13</TD><TD>Dr Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>51</TD><TD>joyful</TD><TD>27/08/2013</TD><TD>ch koh</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>52</TD><TD>mab3ru</TD><TD>27/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Ang</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>53</TD><TD>Bubbly</TD><TD>27/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Kek Lee Phin</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Mount E Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>54</TD><TD>Avuvia</TD><TD>28/08/2013</TD><TD>Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>55</TD><TD>sotongberry</TD><TD>29/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>56</TD><TD>mumtobe0813</TD><TD>29/08/2013</TD><TD>Dr Loh Seong Feei</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>57</TD><TD>Yippeeapple</TD><TD>30/8/2013</TD><TD>John Tee</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>58</TD><TD>Angela Tan</TD><TD>30/8/2013</TD><TD>Dr Selina Chua </TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount E Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>59</TD><TD>amee13</TD><TD>30/8/13</TD><TD>Dr Kang Wee</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>60</TD><TD>Xav (Xav_mummy)</TD><TD>Aug</TD><TD>Dr Christopher Chong</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Mount A Hospital</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>61</TD><TD>Coco69</TD><TD>4-Sep</TD><TD>Dr w k tan</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Thomson Medical</TD><TD></td></tr></table>

Jos: once you are more than 28 weeks pregnant or ur tummy looks bigger than the norm, it's good to get a letter from gynae indicating due date and certifed you fit to fly.

I'm going taiwan nxt mth when i hit 26 weeks. i will be getting the letter just in case airline dun allow me to fly. Need to sign declaration on top of the letter.

Hi mummies, I will update the details in a while
happy.gif

Jos:: I told my gynea and he just gave me a letter...bkk is super hot..it's kind of burning hot and I think I can't shop for long hours too...

Went platinum mall and bought lots of kids stuff for my #1 and some rompers for the next one..
happy.gif

Hi monmav,
26) serene(coolman), boy

Anyone develop small itchy rashes on e feet n fingers? I m getting more n more. Trying hard not to scratch them. Think going to find my gynae tis sat get med from him. ﹰﹰﹰﹰ

Hi ellen, sorry to hear abt ur loss. Take care of urself n hav a proper confinement. Try again when u r ready. Jia you!

Hi Monmav,

6) soulffle - girl
happy.gif

Thanks!

Dear all, how do you deal with in-laws who prefer boys over girls? IMO, it's just plain rude that they passed some comments on how it's 'wrong' when we told them our little darling's a girl.

Push the blame to their son which is ultimately their dna, cos its the guys who r the deciding factor in gender, not u. Then ignore them and their comments hows its 'wrong'. The only thing that is wrong is their attitude.

Ellen: Im sure they are happy tog and having fun but looking out for us. Hugs. Rest well and try again.

Soulffle: When my man is still harbouring hopes for the bird to show previously, my mum says its too bad his y chromosome is too weak. Swim too slow.. I think thats a good one.. And very true. Haha. But dun worry abt what they say. Ultimately it is a gift..

Soufflé, I agree what the rest said, especially oisterbaby's mum comments. The hb's side decides the gender. So if they want boy, blame it on their sperm. My hb's family side mainly are boys, even his cousins'.

I was lucky to have a gal for my 1st. Maybe becos I conceived her via ivf. Subsequent natural pregnancy I got my boy and this one oso a boy (via natural too). But my hb this round very much wanted a gal. I told him even if we try for a 4th bb, very likely will be a boy again cos is his genes!

Babys, oisterbaby &amp; chocpockie: thanks.. My hubby and I already tried explaining it's the sperm that determines it (so it's their son's sperm!) and they still say things like 'so wrong timing la' or 'doctor wrong la' etc. Trying not to let it affect me but just so angry and disappointed that they are supposed to be 'educated' but still so horrifyingly backward in their thinking
sad.gif
must try to zone out. Argh.

Soufflé, then juz ignore totally abt their comments. That's what I have practicing in front my Fil who always speak nonsense. Everytime he starts, I will juz pretend I din hear or I juz walk away. At least u still have ur hb to support u. That's more impt!:)

Don't let their ignorance affected you.. Its YOUR BABY, not theirs. If your fil wants a boy, ask the wife to give birth to another one lor.

chocpockie: got it! must practise filtering more. I think my baby better at filtering than me. She didn't kick that whole night haha. Probably irritated too.

diorly: haha you just cracked me up! :D

I've been nursing a bad cold the last few days... Nothing too serious but just a lot of sneezing and runny nose. Any suggestions on what's safe to take? Think usual OTC medication (Panadol, etc) not advised...

Ame:
for flu - small yellow antihistamine pill for runny nose that gp always gives is ok. (Can't remember name).
For fever - Panadol only the plain type not panadol cold/extra etc w all the added stuffs on top of the paracetamol. Else biogesic is also ok.
For cough - prospan / abrillar ivy leaf extract.

I think all can get from pharmacies.

soulffle: ignore them...most important is baby is healthy...in this case, then if they dont like granddaugther then dont bring her back to see them lor....

how's everyone feeling now? I think more or less we already all already at 2nd trimester...should be feeling much better already...

Haze is coming back i think, all mummies pls take care...

Mornig Ladies..

How is everyone keeping..

Just entered 22 weeks yesterday. Feeling her kicks and movements more strongly now. Can feel the heartbeat when press the lower tummy too.. Having severe heartburn for 3 days oredi. Even gaviscon not helping. Im so scared to eat now. I hope it doesn't get any worst...

Back