(2013/07) July 2013

Hi Ling and Clara Clara, thanks for the reply.. I will speak to her again and give her $200-$300 if she's ok with it. Hope she agrees, if not its goin to be really tough finding another CL.. Sigh
sad.gif
anyway, have a gd wkend ladies
happy.gif

Hi bluejoy, think $500 is too much. think usually the rate is $200 for deposit.

I hope my CL this time will be good. My previous CL was so good that her previous employer hired her as fulltime stayhome nanny instead. And she's been nanny for the past 5 years... I'm particular about CL's experiences in caring for my nb, and of course, her cooking skills!

Am now into my 25 week, but I didn't really put on weight. In my 1st trimester, I lost 3kg. And then now I put back on 3kg which is my pre-pregnancy weight (58kg)....

My appetite is ok, everyday I'll eat normal 3 meals, two bottles of 250ml fresh milk daily, birds nest, DHA, & multi vitamins.

Gynae says baby is smallish and ask me to eat more...
Any mommies experiencing the same as me?
Can share what to eat so I can help my baby to put on more weight?

Little Darling: Thanks for suggestion n recommendation.

Li Yenn: I had HG till early this year but surprisingly my baby's weight is currently 700g+ at 24 weeks. I haven't been taking multivits or fish oil pills. Just 2 glasses of omega soya bean n my 2-3 meals/day.

5 bottles of bird's nest still sitting in the fridge. I heard cannot drink too much? I'm not very keen on it either. My #1 I din take any bird's nest at all.

Clara Clara: 2nd time moms will be reusing their cots. Mine is set up already. I bought mine at a Baby Hypermart midnight sale 4 mths b4 #1 was born.

Hi Clara Clara,

Got my cot at taka fair. Paid 589 for cot with mattress and comes with premium set of bedding.

Cot is convertible to normal bed and mattress is latex mattress

Abby, what's HG?

Yes heard birds nest should be taken in moderation because it'll become protein overdose for babies..

Liyenn: I had durian for my #1 a couple of times. Weight of baby zoomed up. Gynae was so pissed with me as I'm on the plump side and was given warning not to take durian. Ive heard from my collegues chicken essence is good as well. So have been taking 2 -3 bottles a week. From detailed scan, the weight seem above average.

Clara: I'm re-using baby cot from my #1. For my #1 I started using play pen then after 1 mths plus, bought a baby cot from taka baby fair. I was quite picky with the maximum height. We tested a few, some were too low. Play pen height was too low and it gives me a backache when changing the baby.

Btw, any mommies here experiencing higher body temperature now?? I'm feeling hot all the time and perspire easily! I hide myself in air con room all the time ...whew,

Not sure if its the weather or myself...

Liyenn..same here!!! I am bathing cold water everyday! My mum day is normal for preggy to feel hot during pregnancy..some more lately weather so so hot! Make it worse!! I sit down with my ceiling fan on highest speed, I still sweat on my thighs!! Buey Tahan!!

Yes babystella, buay tahan is the word! I turn the fan on highest speed blowing at me all the time .. Now we can have the fan, but we won't have the luxury during confinement ... ^^

morning mummies,

i dun have to pay deposit for my 1st CL and the one doing for my no 2.
i think they based on trust cos all recommended by spread of mouth.

as for perpiring, i think is the weather and also ourselves bah.
i also perspire like mad just by sitting down also perspire.

i use playpen for my no 1 and will be re-using it for my no 2.

Liyenn: I don't dare to think of confinement yet! Coz my mum v strict de Lo..but lucky is mil doing confinement for me..she more flexible..my mum don't allow bathing! N say confinement for 40days instead of 30. Say must eat a lot of ginger la or wine la. Eeewwwz not going to follow her words.

I can't drink a lot of wine in the food coz if I bf which highly possible I will do that, it affect bb. Ginger oso not too gd as it will cut short milk supply.

Confinement 40days is crazy! Era like us compared to last time is diff! Haha some more I m asking post natal massage, sure need to bathe but herbal bath at least

I remember when I did confinement for my #1, I was recovering from the pregnancy rashes all over my body and everyday I felt liek there was some electric current flowing thru my body and very uncomfortable. Not sure what it was but just very irritating. I stopped drinking the longan water after a while cos felt so heaty and told my CL if too heaty, my throat dry adn I cough, then my C-sect wound would hurt. So I drank more water. Towards 3rd week, I started eating some ice cream everyday and CL also closed one eye. Breastfeeding also made me perspire a lot and I always felt very hot and smelly and had to take many baths even after confinement. Maybe its a breastfeeding thing, I also not sure. That time was Dec period, now July, even worse...I don't dare think..hahah

Hi,

I'm a Feb 2013 mummy, and wanna spread the word abt the gd confinement lady that i have. This is her 6th week with me already and i continue to enjoy your good service, so thought i'll return a favor by sharing abt her. I'm a first time mum, and her name is Yulian Auntie.

1) She cooks well, without using MSG, yet the food tastes naturally sweet and is appetizing, she cooks not only for me, but for my family upon my request, so this saves us all alot of hassle 2) She's easy going, when I was struggling at the start with breastfeeding, she went along with my request of intervals feeding, she didnt make too much noise when my supply was low at start and tried to rock my crying baby to sleep where poss, 3) She is prompt with caring for my baby, once she hears her cries, she would put whatever she is doing down to attend to my baby, calm her down etc 4) She's knowledgeable, about how to deal with gassy baby, heat/milk rash, teething issues etc..

I've had peers with less accommodating confinement ladies and heard of those who were not as flexible and easy going, hence on hindsight, my confinement lady is quite good, though i think at the end of the day, it also depends on the chemistry btw the mother and the confinement lady, and also how we all manage our expectations. I'm a first time mum, so this is what i know so far based on my own personal experience.

We all are different, and hence, you might want to talk to her to decide for yourself, or meet up with her.

If you are interested to hire her, she is available after June 2013, here is her contact info.

1) Spore Hp: +65 8450 4313 (for when she is in Sg like now)
2) Malaysia Hp: +60 16604 8468

Cheers!

Li Yenn: HG stands for hyperemesis gravidarum in which a pregnant lady vomits excessively be it fluid or food unable to keep down even water, experience extreme nausea n giddiness.

Had to be hospitalized n put on drip...n iv meds...

Ya I agree that the weather has been extremely extremely warm n humid. My body keeps perspiring even in air con place.

I used air con in my living rm for the 1st time n blow fan. But I only did once so far cos dun want to waste $...hee hee. Used to sleeping in air con rm daily.

After I gave birth to #1, I perspired profusely even in air con room until my clothes wet. I showered too during
confinement period. I am not overweight at all so I was surprised. Dunnoe whether my body getting rid of water after birth. Or due to breastfeeding.

I enjoy my confinement actually because my CL cooks very well! My breakfast menu changes everyday, she cooks for me hor fun, red bean soup or mee swa with her handmade fishball with fresh whole fish.. and her soups are delicious! Oh and not forgetting her black pepper chicken chop ..yums. well, thats my first 2 experiences..this time is a diff CL.

My Cl let me shower after 12 days which is fine for me because I'll be in air con room in the day and sleep without it at night. And after 28 days, I can shower all I want..but will still eat confinement food up to 40days.

However, these days the weather is so hot... not sure if I can tahan for 12 days without bathing!

Oh dear Abby, hope your HG is gone by now! Mine was night sicknesses so I can still eat well during the day... but my back aches badly, so i have to lie down all the time...

Li Yenn: yup thank God that part is gone! It was horrible and terribly uncomfortable.

Now I eat quite well. But very thirsty even b4 the hot season started although I drank lots of fluids.

Hi lly22, I can't find u on fb

Hi hpc123, I've added u on fb.

Btw u can also try searching for SMH July 2013. U should be able to find the group and request for access. Thn we will accept e request
happy.gif

Where can I find a list of things to prepare for the baby?

This is our #1 and our house is coming too! I am all over the place with work, studies, house and baby stuff! ARGH!

Other than milk bottles, breast pumps, baby cot what else do I need to get?

My friends told me nb shit a lot so it's better to get cheap diapers for the first new days. Anyone has any recommendation?

Ordolla, for newborn diapers, you will have some leftover ones that u bring back from hospital. Then perhaps get another pack to standby at home. I wouldn't stock up a lot cos not sure the size of my newborn and also if his/her skin can take that particular brand. So I will just stock up a pack at home, Huggies or whatever (last time I used Drypers). Then if run out, hubby can always run downstairs to buy.

Sorry to interupt.
My CN juz cancelled her holiday trip.
Thus, she is available May till July 2013.
PM if you have yet to find a CN.
She is not calculative, clean and cook very well.
*Juz want to share her service with all MTBs as she is very good*

ordolla,

me also will be getting max 2 packs of NB diaper to to standby at home. i usually get a better ones like pampers or huggies or mamy poko for nb.
after which then will switch to cheaper brand for day time use and continue with either huggies/pampers/mamy poko for night use.

for 1st time mummies, huggies and drypers cutting is smaller than the brand pampers and mamy poko. so do take note of that.

I bought 2 packs of Mamy Poko 72s S size. Think that will be enuf to standby. Plus the newborn diapers the hospital will have.
I won't buy M size diapers cos I got leftovers frm #1.

Hello, I got some questions about choosing bottle or plastic bag for milk storage. Not sure what to buy now. 1st time mum to be so not sure about milk storage.

I have a medela pump and some bottle milk storage bottles that can fit the pump so that can pump directly. But after looking at the philips avent bottles somehow I feel the bottles are of better quality and would like to use the avent bottles during feeding.

So I am very confuse now if I should buy some milk storage bags to pump and store the milk and when feeding then pour into the avent bottles. Or should I just use the Medela bottles which I have?

hi reen
personally for milk storage, i think plastic storage bags are better.
1 - saves space, when you put them in the freezer;
2 - more convenient. bags are use & throw, bottles u need to wash them & re-use (think u might need to sterilize them as well, after each usage)

do bear in mind, if u decide to opt for bottles, u probably can use them only for x number of times before u need to replace them.

brand of bottle wise, i feel it's more of individual preference. both avent & medela r established brands, they should be both as good

Even though I used milk storage bag for #1, I feel is expensive and only 1 time use. I prefer glass bottles to store the milk. Limitation for glass bottle is that it can only contain about 90-100 ml of milk depending on the size. Milk storage bag can contain more. In both cases, I'll have to pour into the avent bottle before heating up.

Not certain if hospital these days still gives out glass bottle foc and I'll just have to buy the bottle caps

I find most preschools in S'pore have such rigid administration rules, terms & regulations like have to pay extra late fee if din pay sch fees on time etc, or must give notice 1 term in advance in case of withdrawal. Non refundable waiting fee...

Why do we have to pay just to register? Honestly I don't get the logic.

I don't store any breastmilk at all for #1. that's because I am sahm. N I just latch on whenever needed.

The only time I stored was in ice cube tray to put into food when my daughter started weaning onto solid food.

My breast pump was useful when my daughter had to stay on in hospital for jaundice. N I pumped out to pass it to the nurses to feed.

The pediatrician advised to give formula milk during this period to flush out the bilirubin. But we still stuck to breastmilk exclusively.

It took a month+ for the jaundice to completely clear.

The staff at Polyclinic told me not to eat ginger. Not that I like to ginger at all. But my confinement food ordered had lots of it n sometimes pieces of ginger got eaten.

hi mummies,
just wanted to check for those of u who have used or r planning to use medela breast pumps, Wats e size of e breast shield u got?

After giving birth to #2, i intend to slim down since closing production.

Any fast way to reduce waist and hip size? when can start exercising after birth? Any cheap slimming company to recommend? Any good body shaping wear to recommend?

Mummies,
Had the folling items to let go, pls PM me if you are interested.

New items
My Brest Friend Nursing Pillow (original pkg) $65, Retail $81.40
Lansinoh Milkbags (60pcs/box) $20 per box, $55 for 3 boxes, Retail $19 (50pcs/box)
Pigeon Disposable Breast Pads comes with a breast pad pouch (72/box x 2box) $33 Retail $37.80
Medela Calma Spare Teats (2pcs/box) $10, Retail $15.90
Medela Membranes (6pcs) $7, Retail $15
Medela Membranes and Valves set (2 Valves, 6 membranes – used only 1 membrane) $15, Retail $30.50
Medela Thera Shells/Nipple former $20, Retail $26.90
Tollyjoy Baby Napkins (10pcs pack) $15, Retail $21

Preloved items
Philips Avent Niplette (Preloved) $50 Retail $79
Summer SwaddleMe Cotton 3 in a Pack suitable for both boys/girls Size S/M (Preloved – still in original pkg) $32, Retail $68

hi mummies,
i m delivering this year July. I'm looking at mount E natural birth. I'm also looking at Gleneagles. can anyone advice should i go mt E or Gleneagles

Back