(2013/07) July 2013

hi everyone, i am oso a mum-to-be in this forum. hope to learn & receive more knowledgeable infor from here. =)

Evelyn - Could you pls provide your CL details to me?

Anyone's bump showing already? My dress is so tight that I feel it's gonna tear if I take another sneeze today!!

I've read that second pregnancy, the bump shows earlier.. My bump only came out mid second trimester for #1.. I feel like 4-5 months pregnant with the bump now and still trying to suck it in because I haven't told anyone yet.

Me me! I have a tiny bump now. My previous 2 pregnancies only shown at 5-6mths.. I'm so scare that I can't lose all the weight after giving birth to my #3.

my first preg, show ard 3 mths. clothing all tight by end of 1st tri. cos boom very fast.
this preg, at 14 weeks now, i look like 5 mth preg.
my coll and hb all comment that i gg out of shape and boom very fast too.
sad to the max... already wearing maternity clothing after 13 weeks.

I've already taken out my maternity wear from the store room. A bit sian cos I just archived them not long ago.. Now I have to archive my current set of clothes. ARGH!!!

I'm also afraid of putting on too much weight. For #1, I put on 15kg thinking that it would be easy to lose but NO!! So difficult to lose the spare 3-4kg and I still have them now! So, I told hb this pregnancy, I'm not gonna eat so much junk. Only the healthy food.

For #1, I only got in touch with my HR when my ML was going to start for them to update their records.

Im still wearing my normal clothes. I need to get some new maternity wear as I given most of maternity clothings to relative/Fren. Initially, we wanted to stop at 2. Hahahaha!
I'm a SAHM for almost 7 yrs, really miss working at times. During my #1, I informed my HR manager which was my immediate sup upon knowing I'm pregnant so that she could make the neccessary work arrangement.
happy.gif

hi mummies, I'm back to work after a long HL.. so i'll be having lesser time online.. do pm me 1st before adding me on FB if u wanna join FB july mummies grp.. thanks !

Hi Ladies...

I had my oscar on Tuesday. The radiographer said that everything is to my favour and shouldnt be any problem. Very fun to see the little one moving around and waving at us.

I think coz of the blood test (draw out 5 tubes of blood and halfway through no blood!!), low blood pressure and had to stand all the way throughout the journey. I fainted at the MRT station yesterday when I was on my way to work.

Nowsday i realise its really really very crowded either in train or bus.. Gosh i almost can stamp my face on the window.. i m think whats going on.. Espeically from 6-645pm u try Bishan train.. or Bus.. its just ton of peoples...

for us with little bump nobody notice n have to stand all the way..

anyone feeling cold n fervish this few days?

Hi Caryl.. you are right. Super crowded at Bishan station (I board from there).

I dont feel cold / feverish but Ive been feeling very unwell. Nauseous and just dont feel good. It's 2nd trimester already and I thought that this is supposedly the honeymoon period?

Sally,
Take good care!

Sapphire,
Oh no! Hope you are okay, do take care. Usually I will take a cup of hot milo after doing bloodtest. Taking a chocolate bar helps too!
happy.gif

Sapphire- y must draw 5 tubes of blood for Oscar test ? They only drew 2 tubes of my blood.. Hang in there! MS will get better as each day pass.

I dont know... just saw that the missy drew out 5 tubes.. and at the 3rd or the 4th tube, she exclaimed 'oh no, no blood'. And now, I have a bruise on my arm.

Sapphire,
take care, hope you are better now.
i read that some preg woman will waive off the nausea at week 20.
hang on there.
my sis vomitted thr'out her 1st preg and she was lucky that her 2nd preg, MS only 3 mths.

me gg for my test tml and pray for good results.
some how more worried for this preg than my 1st preg. prob i am old leow bah.

caryl,
NEL is also very crowded and dun mentioned LRT at my side. i think my tummy is quite obvious, but everytime kenna push...

Yup trains are very crowded due to overcrowding in S'pore. Even at hours you don't expect it to be crowded.

Although I am SAHM, I will avoid the peak periods if I can. Cos my little daughter will kena squash by pple's backside or hips. N pple dun care.

I still wear my old clothes, bottoms I just wear below belly.

My nausea dissipating n appetite has begun to return. Finally eating more n enjoying eating. This Sun will be 16 weeks already.

Are the soups in Soup Restaurant safe for pregnant women? It's only stated 1 soup as unsuitable for pregnant ladies.

Hi Linda... I actually dont have morning sickness... but I started to feel very nauseous recently. Weird right? Opposite from all of you.

Linda: whether pregnant, disabled or old on the trains , not everybody will care or be considerate. Some even rush for seat although only in train for 1-2 stops.

Don't understand the logic...

for this pregnancy, i've only experienced once when someone gave up seat to me on the mrt.
unlike the previous pregnancy, as soon as the bump is noticeable, nearly everytime on mrt / bus, someone will auto give up seat to me.

i've also realise that the young chaps are the ones rushing for seats sometimes. & usually, ladies are likely to be the ones giving up their seats.

sapphire - please take good care. i would think for morning sickness, it's really a matter of luck. for lucky ones, MS will stop in the 2nd tri, while others kena throughout the whole pregnancy. i'm still feeling nauseous myself, and just two nights ago, vomitted part of my dinner out
sad.gif

Hi Lina... I think you were really lucky.

I think my hit rate of someone offering me a seat is only 20-30%.

I have seen ladies & others who were initially wide awake till I stood in front of them. They took a look at my bump and fell asleep instantly!

Overseas in Europe the courtesy is no better. In France, whether you have a young child/baby, pregnant, elderly they will not give up at all. First come first serve.

I thought they were rather worse than in S'pore.

I guess in S'pore depends on the kind of crowd you encounter. Gd, got pple give up if not stand all the way.

My HB will ask some1 to get up if nobody offers. Hee hee

But more than once pple have given up their seats for my daughter n I.

sapphire - hit rate will be better if i have my #1 with me. there are people giving up seats on bus (hardly on mrt though) to my hubby now even, if he is carrying our son. think we have to look "needy" to get a seat
happy.gif

Got a shock just now.
HR Manager called me in the office!! I was so scared dont know why end up, she is asking if my boss is aware of my pregnancy. Told her yes, the first thing i did when I know that I'm pregnant was to inform my boss and then.. I see her face slightly changed - She told me my boss didnt inform her about my pregnancy at all and told me that I should inform local HR instead of my boss.

I thought that informing my boss would be as good as alerting the HR since my boss would let the HR know but apparently, she seems to mind that I did not let the local HR know
sad.gif
Sigh..

Orangey, you should ask her the reason for informing HR.. I don't see why HR needs to know other than preparing the set-up of your maternity leave in the system.

Hi mummies, now I am around 12 weeks. My tummy seems like empty. Last few weeks still have those MS and a bit bloated. Now like nothing. I am so worried.

Sapphire/Tabby,

I just told her, I've informed my boss and my boss is aware of my pregnancy. She asked if I only informed and I told her " I informed my boss the first thing I know I'm pregnant" and she goes, oh cause you didn't inform local HR so we thought you are trying to keep mum abt your pregnancy. I told her I didn't know I need to inform since I've informed my boss and I thought my boss would have informed her. The HR manager just smiled and said "Oh, no worries we just want to be sure that your pregnancy is noted by your boss as we are worried about your backup plan when you go on maternity".

I just smiled back and said "I've discussed about my backup plan when I was travelling with my boss during Dec and we're trying to add on 1 headcount in Sg so if there is one, the new girl can be my backup alternatively, I have another counterpart who used to do my job prior to me joining, so he can help out as well" She just replied "ok fantastic!" I was thinking to myself, you're just the HR, it should be my boss worrying about my backup and not you but guess she just want to be safe since its part of her job.

morning mummies, I went for early genetic scan yesterday (on my own accord and not referred by gynae) and glad I went for it cos its very detailed and it shows that baby is mostly fine and no cause for concern. That is because 2 weeks back, my gynae made a comment that my baby's NT (the neck fluid) is borderline and its a sign of Down, so I got worried. So now I am assured. And I am having a girl, a mei mei for my number 1 who is also a girl. I am happy to have 2 girls
happy.gif

Hi, this is my 16weeks.. and 1st pregnancy.. I can feel my stomache showing.. but I am not sure its fats or its the baby.. worried I will gain a lot of weight.

Need to start looking for maternity clothes soon.. Any idea where to get nice and reasonable price clothings?

hi ladies,

me just return from my detailed scan and triple blood test from my gynae clinic at mt e
everything is good and i am glad.
try to scan the gender but bb not co-operative. keep facing down.
now just have to wait for blood test result. praying for good result.

Hi ladies,

Can I join the chat? I just went for my oscars today. Wanted to go for my oscars before I join.. Baby seems fine and moving. How I wish I have an ultrasound machine at home so that I can see the baby anytime I want to.

I am watching some shows on Discovery Home and Health and realised that caucasians don't really do ultrasound. They just use the doppler. Ultrasound is for serious cases or just once in a while. Hmm.. Is it true?

I'm really hoping for a smooth pregnancy this time round. I'm 12 weeks, but still feeling so nauseous and horrible. I just feel like lying down the whole day

Orangey, I think your HR is being kaypoh.. Haha.. Backup plans are the jobs of the business, not the HR department. In a big company, if everyone informs HR of their pregnancy because they wanna track the backup plans, HR will be super duper busy..

Seems like quite a lot of people have found out about the gender of the babies already!! My OSCAR scan is next Monday but hb will not be going down with me.. So I think I'm going to wait until the next scan when he's around to find out the gender. Though healthy is all that matters, but I'm still praying for a girl!!!

Read in one of a friend's facebook post:
A son is a son till he finds a wife. A daughter is a daughter for the rest of her life.
happy.gif

Hi Tabbyz.. I agree with this statement. I read this on some FB post too.

Hi hpc123... where did you go for your early genetic scan?

Sapphire05, I went to see Prof Anandankumar and his clinic is at Camden Medical Centre. I believe many people see him after getting less favourable results from Oscar test and not sure whether to go for Amnio, so they go for detailed scan to see if other measurements are in line. He does the scan at 14 weeks.

hpc123,
I went to Prof Anan during #1 time cause NT Scan was good very low risk but BT cause the overall to be borderline risk. Was very worried even though the dr at KKH told me its consider low risk for me. Prof is very detailed with the scan but its really expensive! Haha.. After the scan, I was very relieved that overall was very low risk and Prof told me the reason why I had bad BT result was due to my hormones level. There are mummies who had high hormoes so BT isn't really accurate.

Good to know that there is another option to look out for besides going for Amnio test, should the oscar test results is not ideal.

The nub theory is looking at the angle of the nub (where it will develop into penis or clitoris) during 11-13weeks scan. If e nub is less than 30degree or parallel to spine is girl. If it pointing up more than 30degree is boy. Find it interesting can read more here
http://baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html

Hehe I try it with my Oscar scan n seems like mine is a girl

Back