(2013/07) July 2013

yes. she asked me for $300 first. But we didn't talk about whether if I don't need her for whatever reason, will I still be able to get back my deposit.

Sapphire, I just got bad news from the hospital just now, so I will be terminating this pregnancy. Please remove my name from the list, thanks. All the best to the rest of the mummies here!

hpc123,
Can PM me your friend's CL contact?
I may consider engaging CL this time round cause was horrified by MIL during #1 time. My mum volunteered to do confinement for me but I am worried that MIL will be like previously, agreed to it but end up asking me to move from my mum's plc back to my plc cause she wants to do confinement for me instead. Even forced me to eat seafood but I rejected and I know she was so unhappy she didn't even cook for me sincerely. Told me I should not eat rice because it will make me fat then on the other hand, start complaining that I'm eating too little comparing to my SIL
sad.gif

The thoughts of these is good enough to give me nightmares but hubby wants to save $$ so I also dilemma. I told hubby, ask his mum to sponsor for CL if she refused that I go to my mum plc for confinement cause MIL kept asking if there is any confinement center in Singapore, hinting that she wants someone else to do the job for her instead so if she's willing to pay, I will engage CL hahah.. I'm so bad :X

i just called one CL recommended by my friend. already booked. tonite gonna try out another 2 more. hopefully got good news

Hi Linda, yup my gynae also told me it could be earlier
happy.gif

since week 6, I have only been prescribed with folic acid, vitamin B6 and Duphaston.. Should I ask for multivit, fish oil and calcium?

Just went for oscar on Saturday .. Said they will fax the results to gynae by today but my gynae assistant said that won't happen, it could take 1-2weeks to get the report! My goodness, isn't that too long?
sad.gif
If results not gd (touchwood), shouldn't other tests be done soon? Sigh, it's really nerve wrecking waiting for the results.. The sonographer at TMC said the scan looks alright but must combine with blood test to know accurate result

Hi Linda, yup my gynae also told me it could be earlier
happy.gif

since week 6, I have only been prescribed with folic acid, vitamin B6 and Duphaston.. Should I ask for multivit, fish oil and calcium?

Just went for oscar on Saturday .. Said they will fax the results to gynae by today but my gynae assistant said that won't happen, it could take 1-2weeks to get the report! My goodness, isn't that too long?
sad.gif
If results not gd (touchwood), shouldn't other tests be done soon? Sigh, it's really nerve wrecking waiting for the results.. The sonographer at TMC said the scan looks alright but must combine with blood test to know accurate result

Heard from quite alot of pple that NT scan is more accurate. BT can give bad readings if hormones are high or when you take too early. Scan is 80% accuracy while with BT its 90%.

Had tripped and fell forward yest. Experiencing some pain at tummy area. Hopefully the little one is ok.
For Oscar, my doc called me within a wk to convey the result.
For Confinement nanny, I pretty KS, booked mine pretty early at $2.2k.

Hi Caryl... I am thinking of donating but need to discuss with my hubby first. Seems like he has a totally different idea but Im sure the cost of sustaining it in the cordbank will turn him off. ahaha...

Hi Ling.. oh no.. Hope you are feeling ok. My pet dog walked over my bump last evening and for one moment, I was also concerned if the little one would be alright but Im sure he/she will be
happy.gif

Caryl,
Stemcord is setup by local doctors in Singapore so the bank is specially within Singapore. Cordlife is more reputable cause they were the 1st cord bank to setup in Singapore. Stemcord went to Cordlife for advise prior to setting up but Stemcord is under MOH.

I stored #1 cord blood with Cordlife
happy.gif

If you need referral, let me know I can refer you
happy.gif

Hi Ladies, I'm new here. Am also in the fb group already. Surprised to see that this public thread is so much more active than in the fb group
happy.gif

My edd is 24/7

Ling,
Baby will be fine
happy.gif

I read alot of article indicating that our baby is very well protected by our fats and womb which acts like a really good cushion. If worried, just go to your gynae.

Although I just saw our baby yest, but I still want to see more. But my next appt only 6 weeks later...with detailed scan.

My HB says if see too often have to pay $. N last time pple dun even have opportunity to see baby or know the gender w/o ultrasound n all these high tech machines.

Hai...

I also wanna see more of my baby but my appt is another 2.5 weeks later. Hope time flies so that I can see baby! Hehe..

Time does fly. So fast I am reaching 20weeks gestation. Then before we know it have to give birth and our precious ones will be out. Then we will be busy.

Abby,
You're almost 20 weeks? Thought your EDD is one day later than me? Haha.. I'm 14W3D today, another 6 weeks 3 days to 20 weeks gestation.

Thanks all. Gg to see gynae in a while. Brought fwd my appt to have a pc of mind.
I think today need to draw bloods for some tests. I am coming to 15th week this week.

No la I am 14wks2 days. But every week pass by so quickly.
Yest on the scan it says 14wk3-4days then edd:4-5july based on the machine's calculations. Diff frm 1st gynae appt edd: 7 July.

My #1 I gave birth in the 41st week. Dunnoe this time will be the same or not.

So far my gynae haven't taken my blood. N only on the 2nd visit yest I did urine test.

1st visit: see gynae n scan only.

Yesterday I called a CL... wanted to confirm today but she told me already a job on 03/jun...
But my Ed is 09/July... then she asked me to apply work permit for her.. cost will be half each...
But I was thinking she can go back msia cos I'm c section.

I went to see gynae last night, & he measure baby as 11 weeks, edd from 4 aug change to 29 July based on baby size. So he arrange me to go Oscar this Friday, which is in 2 days time. Stressssss...

My OSCAR is next Friday! Can't wait to see BB. Been 4 weeks already!!

My friend bought a stethoscope like thing so she can hear the bb's heartbeat. I wonder if it is necessary but it definitely puts the mind at ease...

Went to see gynae yest because I tripped. Luckily bb is ok. The gynae asked me to be extra careful cos it may tear the placenta.

Girls, you all be extra careful and wear a good pair of shoe.

My gynae also confirmed the gender of my bb too. I can start my shopping soon : )

My gyne just called me for my Oscar test result...
She mentioned result showed l'm low risk 1 in 360...
due to my age 35.. I asked her do I require to go further for other test... and she said according to book don't require but up to you... I'm worried n confused...

ling,
since i got my no 1, i am always in flats.
so for this preg, i also in my flats. better walking too.

skyblue,
me gg for mine test next week.
i am gg 36 this mth.
me and hb decided that if the test is ok. we will just treat it as good. cos gyane ask us to discuss if we want to do the amino then can skip the oscar.

I am in week 15. Actually during my Oscar at week 12th, my gynae already can see the gender le. But for confirmation, she said we shall see again next round.
I am in my early thirties, my gynae told me low risk and excellent result for my Oscar then I did not think of doing other tests.
I will just wait to do the blood test to test for hepatitis A etc and detailed scan at week 20th (if I am right)

Hi Ling.. would you want to share with us your baby gender so that I can update in the listing (if you are fine with it)?
happy.gif

The next time I see my gynae would be week 15 too, hopefully I can find out the gender then.

Hi Mummies, I have a brand new bottle of DOM Benedictine to let go at $45 and one brand new bottle of Eu Yan Sang Ginger Liquer at $53. Please PM me if you're interested. Thanks!

Hi Sapphire05,

yes.. got scolding from my hubby being so "negative" cos is low risk why think so much. And this is our #02.. haiz.. my age 36 next mnth..

Ling: you've known ur baby gender.. that's so cool.. i still got a long way more. The doctor said i'll know my baby's gender at week 20 and has sch that appointment on the 16th March. I think im going to contain my excitement till then and not find out baby's gender as it is the eve of my bday and i wan that to be the best bday gift. =D

Same time i feel like 21st is so far away and i am praying very hard for baby to be healthy.. Fingers crossed.

Ling, Week 12 can see baby gender? That is so exciting. I can't wait to know my bb gender.
happy.gif

Mummies who taken Oscar, Is it like normal scan where we can know the results/ratio on the same day? I'm reaching week12, going back to work next mon after 2.5months of HL and having my Oscar next tue.

Hi, new to forum.
My gynae clinic nurse called me to tell me my Oscar results: 1 in 10000, very low risk.
I'm in my early thirties.
When she called me and say she got the results, i was so scared. Then she finally said the risk, it is a sudden relief.
happy.gif

Good luck to all mummies to be here!

@ Teddy
Oscar scan is like normal scan, except it may take a while, because she need the baby to be in the correct position (lying on his/her back) and be rather still, and able to see nose bridge.

Mine took about half hour. Need to empty bladder before the scan. Then in between, baby woke up and turn on his/her back, the i had to turn abit then he/she turn back to lying position.
As the scan takes longer than usual and the lady press rather hard on 1 particular position, it is rather painful after so long, but i endured just so she can take a better picture for analysis.

The lady told me some ppl can take up to half a day, or even 1 whole day and still couldn't get a good picture. So must tell baby to cooperate! :D

After that is blood test, which is fast but my arm was bruised after that.

My Oscar test is on 31st Dec (
happy.gif
) and the clinic told me the results on 4th Jan. So it is fast!

Back