(2013/06) June 2013

Kome> take care ok.

So far my BP is 128/61. Doctor say ok.

Now i am at W34. BB growing well, and keep pressing my bladder...hehe... BB head turn down liao...so perhaps by W37/38, i will pop!

estaefran
Maybe is because i have high blood pressure history for my #1 so he is more cautious now.

Girl girl
Thanks. Trying to get more rest if I can.

Hi all,
I'm also delivering in June,only chance upon this topic when searching for confinement lady's ;) guess I'm very late Liao hor... Cos hubby getting jelly feet when date nearing dunno if he can cope w my other kids himself when I deliver m still pondering to get Cl or order confinement food for me n tingkat for them. Can anyone advise which confinement caterer is better?also is it too late to take cordecerps now?

I just went for my checkup on Tues... despite having a smooth pregnancy so far, I registered a higher than normal sugar level this time round!! In the lasp lap.. I have to fast and go for the test tomorrow. Sigh... just when I was thanking my lucky stars....

I am exactly 33 weeks today. Was having slight spotting this afternoon and was asked to head down to clinic immediately. Did 40 mins of fetal monitoring and had quite regular contractions! However, cervix still closed! Phew. Took a hormonal jab and am on hormone pills as well. Gynae says to try and push past 34 week and if possible, 36 weeks. My baby is too eager!!

Keeping my fingers very crossed! :-(

Oh no Fefe! Hope your boy stays in there a few more weeks! Did the gynae explain what might have triggered the contractions? I think best you rest more and minimise activities.

We still have one more lesson to attend! :p

Fefe jia you!!!! Did doc give you any medicine or jab to reduce the contractions? My doc gave me ventolin to prevent contractions since 18 weeks and so far it has been smooth thank god. I'm 31 weeks btw...

Birdbird: I think probably stress and loads of walking!

Momoko: yea I had the ventolin jab which hurts!! lol and am on salbutamol as well. Spotting gone but hopefully contractions look ok on the fetal monitor later. I can't feel half of these painless contractions!

ST: yea first pregnancy

mummies, I have been experiencing mild cramps at my left side of the tummy since ytd night..is it normal? I'm 31 weeks gg 32 weeks in 2 days time..

ST: not sure Ventolin stops contractions, but i know it helps to relax my uterus muscles so to prevent it to contract! but taking Ventolin is known to increase sugar level, so i am watching on my sugar intake as doc advised if i take too much sugar, the ventolin can cause me diabetes in pregnancy... so far so good. This friday i will go for the blood checkup; only to check for IRON level though.

Fefe: jia you! jia you! talk to the baby to wait till 36 37 weeks, I heard he'll listen! i've been talking to my baby too to wait till at least 37 weeks though so far my pregnancy are smooth (Thank GOD!)

katherine: how long was the cramps? when you moved position, did the cramps dissapear or continue? maybe you should call your gynea to check.. I am 31 weeks gg 32 weeks on this Friday
happy.gif

Just to share. I know of good confinement lady. Her name is aunty susie. She is kind, honest, caring confinement lady. Please pm me for her contacts.

Hi momoko, it seems that our edd is quite near to each other!
happy.gif

Hmmm..cramps come and go away for awhile?
I'm seeing my gynae this sat..

oh not sure if you are then having Braxton Hicks (false contractions). If yes, then nothing to worry about... best is to call your doc and seek advise.

good luck!!

Estaefran: I just do my usual pre-pregnancy walking on and off work, for lunch etc. Cos I dont do much exercise so i just like to walk and walk. Haha. Apparently, I should start to cut down liao.

Momoko: thanks! Spoke to baby over weekend and told him cannot play liao. Haha. Play when he's out. Went for my fetal monitoring today and all looks good! Contractions drastically reduced during my 30 mins monitoring. Gynae said my body reacting very well to the hormone pills though I am on low dose. Thank God! :)

Now waiting for the results of my lab culture test. Heard we all have to do it when we're at 34 weeks?

Glad to hear the contractions are reduced
happy.gif
yeah... I had the culture test done at week 12 and 23 coz of heavy discharged... The results were positive with group B strep.. My doc said it's nothing serious.. Just need to take antibiotics and all will be good
happy.gif
I will have my next swab in week 35 ...

Fefe! Happy to hear you and baby are doing well and the meds are working. Hang in there, hope our babies can stay in our ovens till told to come out!
happy.gif
I'm also walking a lot even though these days more 'chuan' when walk for long. Also doing lotsa housework - its neverending!

I've not done any strepB tests and doc never mentioned also leh

Morning mummies.

How does Braxton Hicks feel like? Am at 33 weeks, I feel this subtle pain at my lower abdomen and vagina area this morning, it is making me uncomfortable, sigh. Just when I thought I feel not bad this morning.

Fefe, glad that you are doing well now.
happy.gif
Few weeks more to go only!!

I also tried to be active and continue with the normal daily walking to and fro walk + lunch. But had to reduce this activity as i was having really bad lower backache for the past 2 weeks. Couldn't walk to the bus stop to go work. Gynae gave me pain relieving cream and a referral letter for physio. Last Sat, i did a free trial prenatal massage and it really helped! Think I'll continue with the massage and KIV the physio.

I agree, massages are so good. And helps sleep better.

Speaking of sleep, I've been somewhat insomniac and sleeping irregularly at night. I don't even nap in the day. Also it hurts to turn in bed as the pelvic area feels so weak and achy. Anyone else having similar experience?

birdbird, i'm experiencing aches in the pelvic area when i wake up in bed. it goes off after a while though. then my right leg/ankle/foot is more swollen than left.

Hi mummies to be, I'd like to sell the baby cot include mattress, 2bedsheets, teething cover, and all accessories related with babycot.
Selling at $99 dollar only. Staying in Jurong west. 99.9%good condition.
The height can be adjusted at three positions.

Hi mummies to be, I'd like to sell 99% good condition baby cot including mattress, bed cover, teething cover and other accessories at $99 only. 
 I am staying in Jurong west and can contact me at 91834477. 
It's quite new n my baby seldom used it. 
The baby cot can be changed to three different height. 
Thanks. 
P:s/ the cot still look likes brand new.it's in white color.

hi June Mummies, its finally May... one++ more month to go!!! gambatteee!!!

I'll be doing my 32 week checkup tomorrow and go for the hospital tour at TMC. Anyone else going for the same tour tomorrow? Maybe we can then meet!
happy.gif

Hi Mummies,

Anyone has the list of items to pack for hospital bag?
And when should I start packing? I'm in wk33 now.

Thanks

Hi all,

Haven been posting for awhile already.
Me too been having aches in pelvic area at night too. Could not sleep well throughout the night also.

Anybody also experience pain/aches at the hip area when standing or walking?
These pain/aches are even more painful when I'm carrying #1. Wk 32 now...

hi mummies, i'm letting go of one Philips Avent Single Electronic Breast Pump (can use manually too) at S$150 (neg) in box (but without the 4oz milk bottles). Bought at S$200+++. Used less than 5 times.

Will give away some of mother/baby's neccessity like breastmilk storage bags etc.

Interested, pls email me at [email protected]

Hazel: I've started packing mine already. I think by 36-37 weeks, you should be all ready! Anyway, Kome previously posted a suggested list:

Things to bring to hospital (For Baby) Qty Tick
1 Romper 1
2 Mitten & Bootie 1 set
3 Receiving Blanket 1
4 Cap (opt) 1

and for myself
Things to bring to hospital Qty
1 Front Opening Button Clothes 4
2 Discharge clothes (Ownself) 1 set
3 Body Towel (Wipe body) 1
4 Facial wash etc 1 set
5 Ipad 1
6 Ipad Charger with cable 1
7 Maternity Bras 2
8 Sweater / Scarf 1
9 Handphone 1
10 Handphone cable 1
11 Comb 1
12 Disposable Underwear 5
13 Sanitary pads (Extra Long) 5
14 Camera / Video Cam 1
15 Camera cable 1
16 Small Flask with some water 1
17 Straws 3
18 Sock 1 pair
19 Toothbrush & toothpaste 1
20 Handkerchief (To wipe face) 1

ST: I sign up with Cordlife as my No.1 also with cordlife, hence too lazy to change.

Hazel: I have jus finished packing my hospital bag. I am in week 32 now. It's still quite early but I prefer to settle everything early so that I do not need to worry.

I also just packed some things yesterday. I still don't know how many front button dress and nursing bra I should bring. Any idea? I'm at 33 wks now. 2 of my friends who share the same EDD as me already gave birth. But premature. So I'm just standing by with the delivery bag. Hopefully baby stays inside longer.

Hi HANAA,

I bring 2 sets of front button PJ & nursing bras....

I did not wear bra in the hospital during #1 ...only when discharge then i wore ....so I will juz bring 1 nursing bra ...

Went for 32 weeks checkup today and baby head is down already, but I will go for c-sec anyway coz I previously had laparoscopy done to remove endometriosis.. So doc advised for c-sec to prevent the risk of womb rupture if I push!!! Owell... Oh btw, I didn't gained weight at all for the past 3 weeks but baby gained 700 grrams lol... He is now 2.2kg at 32 weeks.... Looks like he's gonna be a big baby hehe..

Whats you baby weight now mommies? I'll start prepare my hospital bag this week too...

Hi all, finally we are in 3rd trimester... I'm also wondering wat happened to the FB group which was posted in previous thread but unable to log in
sad.gif

Am in my wk 34 now, it's really a blessing I disguise tat 2 mths back I've pelvis bone dysfunction and gotta be in bed most of the time..abit sad tat period but I try to stay optimistic cos weather not very good blah blah... Luckily, I can ambulate for 10-15mins but legs n backing aching + breathless gotta rest a while. Phew ! Now, getting better than go out wif frenz for few hrs then home. Have my maternity pics taken as well ;p.
Hope to meet up wif u mummies after popped for play date. Let's keep updating here
happy.gif

Hope all mommies are doing well! Yes, final stretch now anxiety is building up. Happy and nervous at the same time.

Momoko, when I went for my 33 wk scan, baby weighed 2.3kg and doc said when born will be 3kg at least. I'd be goig for my 35wk checkup next Tuesday. My baby's head has been down since two months back! Think his head very big hence 'gravitational pull' :D

And because of his big head doctor is warning me about difficult labour - he mentioned that after 36wks he'd be able to tell whether my pelvic bone structure is too narrow for vaginal birth. So right now I'm keeping my options open... Honestly I'd rather choose planned c-sect than be caught off guard after hours of labour.

Wonder who'd be the first to pop here! Do update
happy.gif

Hi Jasmine, my friend's baby was 2.1kg at birth. Baby had to be put in incubator for 2 days.

I had my check up ystdy. At 33 wks baby is 2.2kg. Iron is very low so had to take iron tablet. Otherwise all are ok. Doc said baby will come out 3kg or more. The clinic showed me the estimated cost for normal delivery. Cash portion close to 6k. I'm just hoping no complications will occur.

All the best to all mummies!

Back