(2013/06) June 2013

Joanne: but even putting the moisturer, it's still itchy! Lol! Of all places, why does itch occurs there!
sad.gif

Fefe: am seeing my gynae tmr, will see what he says about the swab culture result.. sigh its really not a nice-to-have when u get a call from your gynae to inform of a test result.

Katherine: thanks for the soap recommendation! Will give it a try
happy.gif

Katherine, my gynae asked me to do this routine swab culture test, dont think its compulsory though.. will have to see what he says when i meet him tonight..

Ladies,

How much weight have your gone so far from your pre-pregnancy weight?

Initially thought my weight will not be gaining alot as till week 32, i only gain about 6kg. Now week 33 and i gain about 10kg already. I still got another 3 more weeks to go.

Hi,

I gaining close to 10kg also, and it does seem that the last 2 mths I put on more and somehow I am also eating more now, sometimes hungry sometimes just want to eat something

Kome, I gain almost 10kg at week 34... think should be ok, somehow I seem to be eating the same amount but I can gain around 0.5 kg per week. Each time I go for my gynae checkup, my weight will increase abt 1 to 2kg.

If this goes on, think I will put on around 12kg by the time we see our prize!

Kome: I've gained about 10kg now. But i am putting on rapid weight lately. Like 1-2kg every visit to the gynae. Am hoping that when i pop, it would like like 13kg max! 5 more weeks to go.....
happy.gif

kome: I've gained about 8kg at week 32. Now week 33 and total gain is 9kg! looking at the rate 1kg/per week, i would gained at least total of 12kg! haha.. walking like a penguin already now! feels so funny! :p

I'm going to baby expo this weekend.. hope it is not packed..

Btw, is avent sterilizer good? any brand to recommend?

Mummies, u only gained 10kg! I gained whopping 14kg at 32weeks and baby only 2.2kg!
sad.gif
I think I will have to live this flabby tummy of mine!

Momoko, I bought Pigeon Rapid Sterilizer.

Pigeon keeps contents sterile for up to 6 hours; Avent 24 hours!

But Pigeon keeps various brands of milk bottles; Avent can only keep Avent milk bottles.

Hi Mummies,

Anyone going to order confinement food delivery? Any recommendations?

For those going to the expo fair this week, can update if there is any booth for confinement food suppliers?

Thanks
happy.gif

I only gained 4.5Kg at week 32. Baby is around 1.8 Kg and gynae advise to eat more
sad.gif
She thought I dieting!

My last pregnancy also gained 8.5 Kg throughout and I shed off almost immediately after delivery as baby weigh about 3.3 Kg.

My tummy still very small and very squeezy I guess cos I can hardly stand straight due to the tightness at my tummy and belly button. Very painful at times......

Chase: I will be getting confinement catering from 2nd month onwards, probably from Natal essentials. Hopefully the food is good
happy.gif

Momoko: I bought Pigeon rapid steam sterilizer too. I like the shape cos I can dump in my pump parts to sterilize as well
happy.gif
Very convenient and easy to use.

For milk bottle warmer, I use Avent
happy.gif
But seriously, I find soaking in hot water faster than using the bottle warmer
happy.gif

Adelyn: I also dump in my pump parts to sterilize ....Pigeon rapid steam sterlizer worth buying!

For bottle warmer, I use Pigeon & Tomme Tippee ... I prefer to latch on directly ...I find warming the milk is v time consuming....

ST: I preferred latching also but guess what my baby refused the bottle one fine day and we were so traumatized cos I need to go back and work and he rather go hungry for the whole day then to drink from bottles!

End up my mum needs to spoon feed him and he still spits out! Very naughty!!

I kept praying and miracle happened when he was about 8 months old, he suddenly willing to drink from bottle! Can you imagine I cried for something that is so normal.

Now, my hubby say we dun listen 100% to all the lactation consultant's advice on latching, concern of nipple confusion and baby refusing to latch. Every baby is different and we must be more flexible in this matter. Unless you are a SAHM, if not total latching can pose a problem when you need to return to work.

After the previous experience, I am more worried baby wont take bottles rather than rejecting the nipples!

okay will go for Pigeon rapid steam sterlizer then!!

should i also buy baby milk powder just in case i had trouble breastfeeding? i'll go for c-sec so alot or ppl says c-sec sure difficult for the breastmilk to come out. Is this true? But i saw my sis in law had no problem, she even breastfed his baby for 2 years!!

adelyn - yep, agree with you, wont listen too much to the lactation consultants.. as long as baby is eating well whether directly from the mum or bottle, we should not worry.. hehe...

Adelyn :totally agree! I had tough times to train him to drink from bottle as well ...he rather go hungry ...i agree dont listen 100% to those lactation consultants... based on #1 experience, I am more confident and I know what I should do.
happy.gif

Momoko: I will buy a small tin and put it in my hospital bag .... ;) TMC is charging $1 per bottle ....in case need it for the first few days...

Last trimester really gain alot of weight.

Momoko
I brought Avent 3in1 sterilizer during mothercare fair but have not start to use it yet. This new sterilizer is big enough to put in breastpump parts and other types of milk bottles also.

Breastfeeding
I hope that this time round i can breastfeed 100%. Last 2x already failed as my mom said must alternate between breast milk and formula milk.

Kome ...yup!! giving birth at TMC.

Regarding breastfeeding

#1 - I did not feed formula milk. Latch on demand....in the end I did not rest well during confinement...first 3 weeks I did not expressing the milk ...when I started to express milk, I realized my SS was v low (each session only get 60ml)...I asked hb to buy fenugreek from GNC for me... SS was still v low...I expressed milk 7X per day + latch on demand ....it was vvvv tiring. In the end,I managed to BF my boy (total BF) for 14 months....

As for my #2, I will bring a small tin of infant formula milk for standby since the colostrum only kicks in in Day 4....alternte between bm & fm ....mummy can get more rest ...and not so stressful ....remember we still need to deal with post natal depression etc.... I believe as long as we express the milk diligently, surely we can make it...

Hi to all mummies here!
happy.gif

I am oso a june mummy, going for csect on 3rd june for my 3rd child at tmc. Getting a bit scared now, as the date gets nearer, but thinking of the little one inside gives me strength
happy.gif

St: u mentioned tat tmc charge $1 per bottle of formula milk? Gosh! I didnt know that. I think it was free for my previous 2 deliveries. I guess I better bring 1 tin to standby as well
happy.gif

Abt breastfeeding, I totally agree there must be a balance. I used to get so stressed n break down last time when my ss is low. But the more stressed I am, the more I cant pump out e milk. In e end I just supplement with formula milk n try my best. Then I find that I become a happier mummy coz i hv more rest n bonding time with my baby as well
happy.gif

beary.... previously was FOC but from Aug 2012 onwards, hospitals (TMC & MtA...not sure abt the rest) have started charging a nominal fee ($1 per bottle?) for infant formula to discourage bottle feeding

It's govt policy to encourage more mummies to bf for the first 6 months

Should be before Aug 2012 cos my girl born in Jan 2012 and already they were charging then. I also plan to latch and pump. Hopefully can pump and let CL bottle feed at night. Didn't manage to latch #1, so was TBF for 9 months, married to pump... until got pregnant with #2
happy.gif

wa... i'm the only one who's gained 20kg here.. T.T anyway, will focus on loosing weight later.. hehehe..

i'll be taking my maternity photoshoot this sat! partial outdoor and partial at home. whee~ just quite sad coz my feet and ankles seem to be permanently swollen.

Alison: I am taking maternity photoshots next weekend
happy.gif

Since this could be my last pregnancy so I thought might as well take it.

Estaefran: You signed up with which studio?

Thanks. Any recommendation? I intending to take too.

Can share the price of the maternity photoshots as this is my first pregnancy.

I don't know that the hospital charge for each bottle milk already.

This morning went for my check up. Blood pressure still high, so gynae now want me every week to go back for the nurse to monitor my blood pressure. Now medicine increase from 2x a day to 3x a day. Told me to cut down salt in take and also to rest more.
sad.gif

Now I have to bring forward my leave from 20 may to next mon start.

Hi mummies, my baby boy due date is 17june. I have gained abt 20kg. Having early contraction @ weeks 29. Admitted KKH for a weeks. Luckly everything is fine. Been on HL & mc since then. Now weeks 34 plus. Have been thinking should I go for c-sect or natural birth. Have difficulty in walking, sitting & even sleeping. Baby now is only 2.2kg.
sad.gif
Any advise?

Hi Jessica, am also on HL & MC at wks 27 onwards... Having pelvis pain but now am better still aching while at rest. Tink LA normal delivery is better cos had mentioned to my gynae abt my concerned she suggest normal unless I wanted C section.

I had my maternity pics taken wif cottonyphotography - can find her profile in Facebook. Nice lady.

I took my maternity shoots last weekend. If you are going outdoor, please bring along a towel and also drinks. I was perspiring like nobody's business. Ohhh, comb also very important.. Keep your makeup light cos if you keep perspiring, no point putting thick makeup.. Have fun...
happy.gif

I must prepare 1 tin of milk to standby b4 my ss comes in then.

Btw, does any mummies know where can I get new parts for avent pump?

Hi jessica, I think most mums would prefer to go natural unless gynae advise otherwise. I would hv prefer natural but 1st baby was getting big and yet head not engaged. So doc suggest c-sect. Subsequently, 2nd baby breech position so hv to c-sect too... of coz my last baby now will be csect. I think its best to see what gynae recommends
happy.gif

I am oso experiencing pelvic pain but gynae says its normal... no mc given. So I m working all e way till end of this mth before I go c sect on 3 june. Oni rest a few days. ... sigh.

Hello!!
I’d like to sell my girl baby cot that we seldom used. It’s really in good condition. Since she turned 4months, she went overseas. Since then, she is not sleeping in the cot anymore and sleep inside our bed.
I want to sell at $99 including mattress, teething cover, two bed sheets, bed frame cover and all accessories include with the cot. 99% good shape. It’s in white color ;can match with baby boys or girls.
I am selling cuz moving house soon. Pls contact me at 91834477

Hi Adelyn, How come u only start the confinmement meals on 2nd month? Me considering between Natal essential n New baby. Will decide after I try their trial meal. But must decide soon cos must order 1 month before EDD for the discount.

Chase: The first month CL will be cooking. Subsequently will order confinement food for another 2 months.

Last delivery I ordered lunch delivery from Empire food for subsequent months before I return to work. The food is ........ And many catering do not cater for 1 person hence no choice had to settle with empirefood.

This time round since its my last confinement, I thought maybe jus take confinement food for 3 months to "Bu" my body
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

TGIF!!

Juz back from clinic.

My EDD is on 26 June (gynae said will bring fwd to Mid June)

Now @ week 33...
Mummy's weight gain: 11.3kg
Baby's weight: 2.2kg (overweight)

Gynae advised to control diet if I want to hv natural delivery.

Nx gynae appt will be in first week of June and I will start on leave from June onwards ....

ST: our edd the same! maybe ur brought fwd date in mid June will be same as mine? I gg for c sec on 12/6!
I gained 14kg and baby is 2.2kg at 32weeks but gynae didn't say my bb overweight leh! He just ask me to cut down on salt intake cos my blood pressure on the rise!

ST - my baby weighed 2.3kg at 33 weeks and doc didn't say anything leh! How come yours is overweight? Are you very petite?
happy.gif

Counting down to the Big Day now. So nervous.

Back