(2013/06) June 2013

jassie: yes they are still renovating, dont think will be ready by june. They said the multi-story carpark and new medical ctr will only be ready 1Q2014. i went to ask them during my last gynae check-up

but the reno will be away from the wards, so noise level will be lower.

jassie> this BB of mine like to kick...especially after my lunch. maybe he/she doing some sort of dance inside which i cannot see (no scan!)...hard to visualize how they move inside...

hi jasmine.. we only thought of boys name.. anyway not much choice for gals name starting with 'Z' )=

urs only 5% disappointed.. i can see mine is really face changed abit thou he keep saying its ok... i know he's trying to make me feel less guilty? anyway i told him that if really its a gal, we will try again for #3 few yrs down the road.. haha..

jassie, I am 16th week and this is my 3rd pregnancy but I have not felt any movement yet. Gynae said should feel it at about 20th week. Don't worry too much bah.

Gynae tried to see the gender and feels that its 90% boy! My husband is a little in shock cos' we already have 2 boys. My take is, it would be really nice if we have a girl but a boy is good too. As long as the baby is healthy and happy, gender to me is secondary. Plus, I wasn't trying for a girl. It was more of we wanted a 3rd child. Gender will be confirmed at the detailed scan.

I still can't feel any movements from baby yet... and I also cant see my bump too. Going 16th weeks this week and many don't even know that I am pregnant.

I am looking forward to be able to feel baby's strong kicks too.

Girl^Girl: So good to be able to feel baby kicks and movements. At least its an assurance that the baby is doing well.

same, i also don't feel any movements yet. read from book that may start to feel baby moving from 18 weeks onwards. but my bump biggie, lol.

mummies who are having boys, do your looks (facial features) change at all at this stage?

Hi Mummies, I have a brand new bottle of DOM Benedictine to let go at $45 and one brand new bottle of Eu Yan Sang Ginger Liquer at $53. Please PM me if you're interested. Thanks!

Thanks for all your reassurances. =) Shall not worry so much and believe that baby is doing well since everyone has been saying my tummy is showing quite a lot for 16 weeks.

I've been trying to walk out of my fear from my missed m/c last year. Have been praying faithfully that baby is healthy and fine.

hapieger> i dun think you need to feel guilty if your #2 is a girl.. We are blessed to have kids and many couples out there are trying hard to conceived... Initially for my #1 - i wanted a boy and when i knew i had a girl, i was upset... then i felt bad to my unborn kid! i quickly changed my mood and now seeing her grow up day by day, i wouldnt want to change anything for her... For my #2, if this time round is a girl again (which i think high chance for me), i will still love her v v much and nothing can replace our precious
happy.gif

Estaefran: hope you are feeling better!

looks never really change except for some pimple outbreak on the chin. Otherwise, still look mostly the same except for a mothers glow (according to my colleagues). Haha.

Good luck for the scan this sat. I hope your bb is cooperative! Keep us posted! :)

Morning mommies, its a rainy day today hope all mommies bring enough cardigans or sweaters to work. How nice it is to be in bed now. Haha...

Gender - to us boy or girl doesn't matter so long the bb is healthy. Maybe cos our 1st is a boy and we ve been trying v long for no 2. My mom predicts this time is a girl based n her experience n the shape of my tummy. Lets see if she's right. Will be going for 16week visit next week. Hope bb is cooperative to reveal the gender. Keke..

After hearing mommies on bb movements, kinda feel more relieved cos i also can't feel anything fr bb as yet. Hope our bb are enjoying themselves in our tummies.

Morning mummies!! Yea...wish today is saturday! 2 more days to wkend!

Btw woke up with a little stomach cramp today..hope bb feels ok..nt unbearable but just bleah.

I have something to ask..does any mummy exp tummyache after every dinner?
I've been having that the past few days..but only at dinners and not other meals..think my bb don't like dinners
sad.gif

Jassie: keep staying positive and speak to your baby..I know that constant worry that creeps in sometimes..I too had m/c last yr march after 4 yrs of ttcing..so my baby is really God's gift to me.

I know our babies will be well! *hugs*

morning mummies.. hope all are feeling good and fresh on a thursday morning!

@Joanne Au, to me, i dont mind if its a gal.. i wish for a gal instead.. haha.. its more for my hubby but seems like now he can take it quite well... he even told me gals are more filial blah blah blah... anyway i told him that we can always try again next time... (=

my face changed when am haaving my #1.. got jackie chan nose. ugly to the max!!

ling> yes rainy morning. But office still a bit stuff >_<... heehee... my mum got a lot from the guan yin temple. the lot says the BB is a boy. Dunno how true lar. But hor from the 16-week scan from which i cannot see the gender, the pattern look like my hubby (long limbs, nice neck) when he sleep face down...lolxxx

hapieger> hmm girl names start with Z ah...Zoe, Zann.... for me now, my face turn rounder, arms fatter lor. But less oily now (yippee!)

Chevelle> my tummy start to show ard 15weeks. my BB is my #1, so maybe because i am a bit thin to begin with, so hubby say BB trying very hard to make his/her presence felt. Haha!

anyone noticed more "gas" in tummy? this morning can feel like stomach growls but confirmed i am not hungry coz already had breakfast...

Good morning all mummies
happy.gif
Its a rainy morning, how I wish I am in bed instead of sitting in office now
sad.gif

My tummy is so much smaller compared to my #1 whom is a girl. I remember my tummy is wuite obvious @ 16 weeks and my features changed too. My face is so much rounder and my nose a bit big.

But for this one, my tummy is not obvious and there's no changes on my face and features. My colleagues are wondering if I am still pregnant or not.

But i guess every pregnancy is different, so just I am trying to stay positive, not to worry too much and pray and talk to my baby daily.

Have anyone start listening to baby music and read stories to the baby already?

happy morning to blessed mommies!

rain and sunshine change quite sudden, mommies do take care, drink plenty of fluid.

any mommy start expriencing leg cramp, any remedy beside just waiting for it to go off?

tangbai: i've been getting leg cramps...esp at night, so now i'm wearing the knee high socks to sleep - bought at watsons (the one Paige Chua is endorsing).

i asked the watsons pharmachist if i can wear that during pregnancy and she gave me a wierd look like 'why not?' so i guess can wear..hahaaa

it helps to relieve the cramps at night
happy.gif

fefe, thanks! still having slight nose block but other than that, quite ok. noticed that i've got less hunger pangs too.
happy.gif
so excited to see bb and how much he's grown this time. hehehehe...

some of my friends claim that having a boy will make the mummy's face 'uglier' whereas having a girl will beautify the mummy. I'm not sure when would this happen, or if it'll happen at all.

last night i was reading a pregnancy book and tried to read aloud, hope bb can hear. as for music, i went to take the free pre-birth kit from the Library. There's a CD inside with some songs and stories. only played it once though.

mabelths..just a CD, a journal etc...i took it the last round..the journal still untouched till today..its an old copy...and the CD ..dont know go where oredi.hahaha

i used to go spring maternity and buy the journal to write...i did it for the first 2.but for this one..so so lazy n tired...prob wont do it oredi..

everyday feel so shiity at work..just wish i didnt have to go work..the hormone a bit imbalance..if only can just rest a day.. n today is only thurs.not even fri...

Estaefran - yes. For my boy I also looked uglier with a broad nose. Even my colleague said I was having a boy even before went for the detailed scan. I din look pretty though. Haha

So happen that i went n collect the free kit yday at the library..but i dun reali find it useful except for the cd which i haven play yet..its free though so no harm collecting

Btw sometimes my belly button will feel pain leh..feel like bb is pulling the umbilical cord or something. The pain will last for abt 10mins. Have been experiencing this for a few times already. Is this normal?! I dun rem having this for no.1

Janiz> hello hello.... so for the CD we just play and let BB listen ah??

sometimes i listen to symphony 92.4 on mobile, BB seems to like it...

i'm going to pick up one from the library and see how too..hehe

my hubby tunes in to Kiss92 daily..but i cant feel bb's movement yet so dont know if bb likes it..hehee

Mabelths, I have been wanting to get a pair of the scholl maternity socks, but seem like it's not sold in Singapore? I can't seem to find it anywhere...In the end I bought a pair from US of another brand... still waiting for it to reach Singapore...

Yesterday just went for my check up, went for blood test to take 3 tubes of blood and signed package....

Gynae scanned and baby is cheeky use hand and can see the whole hand with5 fingers protesting not to see gender and somemore use umbilical cord to cover vital parts. But juding from it seems to be like a girl...

Hubby was like gave up, He says he must have owed a lot of women in his past life so he is surrounded with girls.... lol but most importantly he says must be healthy

Guess if this is a girl she will inherit all her sister's clothes and that means save $$$

I also spoken to gynae and about the thud thud that i experience and she says most likely it is baby's movememnt and commented that it is rather fast for me to experience. Most second time mummies will experience from week 16 onwards

Mount A
I heard my friend who had just given birth in Mount A and she says no distrubance in the ward and she is very happy with the service there so definitely I will go to Mount A this time.

Oh there is a gadget that you all can use it is called baby plus that lets baby listen to some white noise and supposely will educate baby

hi yveyve18, i dont think they sell it here..so i bought the normal one (the purple compression stockings sold at Watsons). i think it works pretty well too, so no need to get the maternity range
happy.gif

Somemore naughty baby cross leg and use umbilical cord to cover and use hand to protest....

This one more cheeky than the sister....
Even my gynae also loss at words...

Mabelths: I believe our babies are doing fine too! Let's pray faithfully and stay positive. =)

I realised I can't really take dinners. I've huge appetite during the day but when it comes to dinners, I get turned off. Sometimes, I'll feel nauseated or bloated with lots of gas...

haaha..i guess it's normal then...same here! cant eat much for dinner...a curry puff already makes me feel like i ate a whole buffet spread!

Girl^girl, yah i think juz play the cd and the baby can hear?!!
When i was preg with no.1 i will play nursery rhymes before i go to bed..but now lazy liao, nv play for no.2! I admit i am not doin much for this pregnancy compared to no.1
sad.gif

Janiz> Same leh... i admit im not so on for #2. Last time every night i will put the headset near my tummy for bb to listen to music... Now, i'll just off the lights to sleep. hahah.

<table border=1><tr><td>No.</TD><TD>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>baby #</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Location</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Shan991</TD><TD>1-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Zoers</TD><TD>1-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr KK Ho</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>North/ West</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Angel Ho</TD><TD>3-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Irene Chua</TD><TD># 2</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>Bishan</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>sf8</TD><TD>3-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr TM Chua</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Girl^Girl</TD><TD>3-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Khoo CK</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>North</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>KIS</TD><TD>3-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Don Wong</TD><TD># 2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>PL (babybp)</TD><TD>3-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>East</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>yveyve18</TD><TD>3-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Northeast</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>ica</TD><TD>3-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Henry Cheng</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>wy_june</TD><TD>4-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Geraldine Tan</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Northeast</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Jessica Tham</TD><TD>5-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr June Tan</TD><TD># 2</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Northeast</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>pinkberries84</TD><TD>5-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Ang</TD><TD># 2</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Central</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Serene</TD><TD>5-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Adrian</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Purplebook</TD><TD>5-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Jurong</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>och</TD><TD>6-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Ann Tan</TD><TD># 2</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>My-Angel-Is-Back</TD><TD>6-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Choo Wanling</TD><TD># 2</TD><TD>GlenE/ Mt A</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>Estherlss</TD><TD>6-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr John Tee</TD><TD># 2</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Yishun</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Blurdopey</TD><TD>9-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Fong</TD><TD># 2</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>Tricia</TD><TD>9-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Tan Kim Teng</TD><TD></TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>may</TD><TD>10-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Kang Wee</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>East</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>June</TD><TD>11-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Phua Soo Mear</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>East</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>valerie chen</TD><TD>11-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Han</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Sembawang</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>kris (krishojw)</TD><TD>11-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr HK Ho</TD><TD># 3</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>East</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>FL</TD><TD>13-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Yeoh</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>North</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>Fefe</TD><TD>13-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Fong</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>Northeast</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>Ms E</TD><TD>13-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Beh Suan Tiong</TD><TD># 2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>pillow4</TD><TD>13-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Tan TC</TD><TD># 2</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>North</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>KL84</TD><TD>14-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Northeast</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>rosellecz</TD><TD>14-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Central</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>Kome</TD><TD>15-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Jen SW</TD><TD># 3</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>missy</TD><TD>15-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>fudgecake</TD><TD>15-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Sim LN</TD><TD># 2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>grace82</TD><TD>15-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD># 2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Central</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>Windyrain</TD><TD>16-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Kang Wee</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>North</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>35</TD><TD>mummy_relle</TD><TD>16-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Vincent Lee</TD><TD># 2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Northeast</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>Tangbai</TD><TD>16-Jun-13</TD><TD></TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Northwest</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>37</TD><TD>happy_gal</TD><TD>16-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Cynthia Kew</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Yishun</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>38</TD><TD>Gigi Soul</TD><TD>16-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Su Ling Ling</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>39</TD><TD>jasmine</TD><TD>17-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr TM Chua</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>40</TD><TD>Qayn</TD><TD>18-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Tan Kim Teng</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>41</TD><TD>xp</TD><TD>18-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Adelina Wong</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Northeast</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>42</TD><TD>mabelths</TD><TD>18-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Kang Wee</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Pasir Ris</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>43</TD><TD>happymok</TD><TD>18-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Goh Shen Li</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>West</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>44</TD><TD>corinang</TD><TD>19-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Lawrance Ang</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Northeast</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>45</TD><TD>mummync</TD><TD>19-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD># 2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Northeast</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>46</TD><TD>estaefran</TD><TD>20-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Fong</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>North</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>47</TD><TD>absentmama</TD><TD>21-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Tan Kim Teng</TD><TD># 3</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Central</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>48</TD><TD>Hazel</TD><TD>22-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Lee K. W</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>49</TD><TD>bbleolim</TD><TD>23-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr C. H Koh</TD><TD># 2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>50</TD><TD>Janiz</TD><TD>23-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD># 2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Northeast</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>51</TD><TD>lilac</TD><TD>23-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD># 3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>East</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>52</TD><TD>hope4baby</TD><TD>24-Jun-13</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>53</TD><TD>PSP</TD><TD>24-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>54</TD><TD>chloe_ng</TD><TD>25-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Kenneth Lee</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>55</TD><TD>dolliepollie</TD><TD>25-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Lawrance Ang</TD><TD># 3</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Yishun</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>56</TD><TD>ST</TD><TD>26-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Lawrance Ang</TD><TD># 2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Sembawang</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>57</TD><TD>jassie</TD><TD>26-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD></TD><TD>East</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>58</TD><TD>Chevelle</TD><TD>27-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Koh Cheng Huat</TD><TD># 2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Northeast</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>59</TD><TD>gymie</TD><TD>27-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Chan KH</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>Central</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>60</TD><TD>Gwen</TD><TD>27-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD># 2</TD><TD>Thomson</TD><TD>West Coast</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>61</TD><TD>Vivi</TD><TD>28-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Geraldine Tan</TD><TD># 2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>North</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>62</TD><TD>Chloegal03</TD><TD>28-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Soong</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>63</TD><TD>wendy (w_w)</TD><TD>29-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Adelina Wong</TD><TD># 2 &amp; # 3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>64</TD><TD>Ann C</TD><TD>29-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr John Yam</TD><TD># 1</TD><TD>Glen E</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>65</TD><TD>jaime</TD><TD>29-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Lee I Weun</TD><TD># 3</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>66</TD><TD>Joanne Au</TD><TD>30-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Kang Wee</TD><TD># 2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>67</TD><TD>cherry</TD><TD>30-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD># 2</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>East</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>68</TD><TD>jazz</TD><TD>30-Jun-13</TD><TD>Dr Hii</TD><TD># 2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Yishun</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

hi chevelle,

glad you made up your mind. hope all goes well in your 20th wk scan.

hi absentmama,

think u misunderstand my point. actually i perfectly agree with most of your points. the only difference is that i don't think it's possible to tell whether you will want to abort or not, because there are so many mutations that can happen. like u pointed out, most pple hv a threshold. amnio n cvs tests for full sets of chromosomes, n down only occurs due to mutation of 1 pair.

btw i'm not discounting the risk of miscarriage nor am i a pro-lifer. all my post is saying is that unfortunately, for pple like myself where ntscan tests shows we r at higher risk of hving genetic problems, i think we hv to be honest that there r real risks either way. not speculative risks based on previous kids, but risks that show up in current tests. it's abt weighing the risks n being comfortable whichever outcome occurs.

anyway, i think we r both here to share our thought processes. like i mentioned earlier, i dun think there is a right or a wrong, only the parents can decide what will work for their family.

btw, to take a person's data without consent for research is against ethics. at least in all my research dealing with humans, there is a need to clear ethics committees before people n their data can be used for the purpose of research. but doctors protecting themselves, i can totally understand.
happy.gif

Hi Och,

like you say, the NTscan is only for the detection for higher risk of Down's. It does not detect any other genetic abnormalities. I have consulted countless doctors in different specialties on this.

Therefore, my risk is by no means "speculative based on previous kids" simply because I cleared the NTscan. If anything, my risks of having another baby with the same genetic condition as my second child is much higher. Because there is no way of measuring my risk level without doing doing genetic testing of my second child and then based on that result, perform a cvs or amnio. Which we have chosen not to do.

Therefore in my case, clearing the ntscan or detailed scan at 20 weeks doesn't mean anything. Nor should you say that my risk is non-existent or speculative. The current test is simply unable to test for anything besides Downs. So my risk is low ONLY for Down's. Not any other condition. And especially not for my second child's genetic condition. It is so uncommon that even though my gynae and maternal fetal specialist have at least 50 years of experience between them they have not come across a similar case at all.

Whereas in Chevelle's case, it is very clear that her nt results are not ideal, and it is also fairly clear that they are at higher risk of having a baby with Down's since nt tests for Downs and Down's only. That being the case, if they can accept it, my point was that there is not much point in doing further testing due to the risk of miscarriage.

As for using patient data for medical research, we signed a disclosure form in the Swiss hospital allowing them to use my child's info for their publications. I have no doubt that we would be asked to do so over here too, if we had gone ahead with the tests. You weren't there to see the specialist's eyes light up with interest and excitement when she heard that one of my child has a rare genetic condition, and she immediately suggested escalating my pregnancy so that I'm under the care of their specialist team. They would not have done so if there were no grounds to consider mine a high risk case.

Anyway like you said, we're here to share experiences and our thoughts; not to pick a fight =)

My personal axe to grind is with the local healthcare system, which only covers the healthy population and leaves all those needy, disabled, ill, and born less than completely healthy in the lurch. I would gladly pay higher taxes or insurance costs to have a system like Switzerland's; where my child received the best medical care possible during her nearly 2 months's stay in the NICU and we didn't have to pay a single cent, only the insurance premiums. Somemore we were not even residents there, my husband only had a student permit. But we received the best care nonetheless.

Now our only wish is to be able to migrate to Europe someday, so that my kids will be covered for everything and not have to worry about medical treatment costs.

Hi all, I'm having my no. 2 in mid-June.

Would like to check if anyone had experience with S'pore day-time CL and how much they are charging. Any recommendation? Thanks!

Back