(2013/05) May 2013

Xuan,
Kiddy palace not bad to get baby safe products.

Anyway how many piece of bed sheet should we prepared for baby? Scared he will poo and stain the bed sheet.

morning ladies...

I bought the babysafe mattress during the last expo baby fair. it was indeed cheaper by about $100 compared to the retail price at kiddy palace.

Oh ya! bed sheet. i totally forgot about that. only bought one set. Guess i need to buy a couple more to stand by.

Nappies: Where to get nappies? Do they have it in NTUC? Planning to let baby wear disposable. But thinking to get some cloth one to stand by. Will hospital provide a pack of diapers for you when discharged? Heard that some babies are very picky on diapers also. So was told NOT to buy any diapers until baby is comfortable.

Thermometer for bathing water. Anyone knows where to get those water proof thermometer to measure the temperature of bath water for baby? Went for Wong Boi Boi class yesterday and was amazed at how serene the baby was when it was being bathe...

use real bb to demo ah? i think hoh..my first time bathing bb really must standby a lot of help. So small and fragile, really must grab properly -_-

jia lat..eat so heavy breakfast and still hungry.

Fb group
Can try to search : A small small world"
Quote ur nick in smh so admin will add u in.
If nv see the nick before I think admin wont add bah.

Baby safe
I regretted not buying from last expo sales. I like the mattress n pillow. Kiddy palace a bit pricey, but no choice.

JC: it was a video. But the baby looks so comfortable...

Ya lo! the baby looks so fragile. AT this juncture, so glad that i hired a confinement lady.

Morning everyone
How are you today ladies?
I feel low as usual coz it's Monday but I'm glad I'm still alive, so I'll just make the best of today! Wanna go shop at Taka baby fair again hehehe.

Vi
Congrats upon yr promotion! U seems to enjoy work. Good for you
happy.gif

Any civil servants here? My FB has some civil servants talking abt PB notification.

Eva, JC
I drank one coconut drink yesterday. Very nice & refreshing! Think should be OK lah. It's just a drink right? Better than guzzling down coke.

fool4love
I also feel worried about dropping baby off during a bath. Must hold on tight.

I think I have to get one more mattress cover & perhaps pillow. I'm quite terrible. Lost a lot of things since I had my #2 3 yrs ago. I can't even remember where the cot bumper is
sad.gif

Wt81, im one week behind u. :p

Btw the taka sales sold combi stroller slightly cheaper than the 10% off i got from Baby fair at expo that time. Sianz.

Went on Saturday night to see see look look.. lesser crowd.. not that bad. Pink Tullip, think later u go shouldnt be too crowded liao.

Any recommendation for diaper bag organiser? I was intending to re use one of my sling bag for it but where can i get a good bag organiser?

I heard from Mrs Wong Bong Boi and my sinseh that can start drinking from week 37. Cos it's very cooling. Some starting earlier. Maybe depending whether your body is heaty?

fool4love - I also attended the class yesterday! The baby in the video so cute hor keke.

Want to ask, do you all put the baby cot in your bedroom or in another room? Any mummies co-sleeping with baby?

Jill
Saturday night all the parents hibernate at home, that's why not packed. Hehehe. Yeah I'll go during/after lunch. Shouldn't be too packed (hopefully!) coz now 1 week sch hols.

Think u can get a bag organiser from BP. It was the rage last time. Mine is in storage now. Hehe.

It's like that one lah for prices of baby items. Nevermind lah don't think so much. If think too much can go crazy.

Chiro
Baby's cot will be in our room. Baby will sleep in her cot after feeds even at night lah. But I know i'll start co-sleeping. Maybe around 4 -5 mths? Sure latch on in bed one. Too sleepy.

if bath baby, i already plan to do it on the dining table liao. Get the CL to prepare the water. When hubby come home, than ask him to empty.

Like this i can also @@ and make sure okie...if not inside the toilet anything happen i also duno

my baby will sleep in his own room with the CL first.

i still thinkng whether to shift the cot to our room after confinement. i scare will disrupt hubby sleep (if he don't sleep well, he will have gout attack).

Chiro:

Ya! The baby soooo cute le.... So guai! Didnt wail at all when bathing... My nephews cried the house down during their bath time. So am really thinking to get a thermometer for the purpose of measuring the water temperature.

Baby cot:
Planning to place the cot in my room (no spare room anyway). So probably when my own place is ready, will shift it to another room. It all depends... But definitely wont be sleeping with us cos am so fearful that me or hubbs may squash the baby

Chiro, i plan to place the baby cot next to our bed. Though might be cramp for the room but thats the best we can do for now. Staying with in laws.. dont really have much space to put baby le. And i want to sleep with baby in the same room.

Thanks Pinktullip! Btw wht is "BP?

I have 1 cot and I playpen. Will put one each in CL room and my room.
When CL left, bb will sleep in other room in the day and at nite sleep in my room. Hehe.

Chiro, do u have CL? If have, then put ur cot in her room.

Chiro: for #1, the cot was placed in my room cos I did not have a night time CL that time, I had to do the night feeding and latching, etc. For #2, I have placed the cot in the other room, to sleep with the CL. If I am latching/pumping, I will go over there or living room to do the latching, so not to disturb my hubby so much. I hope this arrangement works.

My #1 is sleeping with us now in the room with his new bed.

bbkk - Yeah I'm engaging CL, i got the baby cot placed in another room le, cos our bedroom no space for cot at all. Unless it's those moses basket size. At first thought wanna sleep together with baby on our bed, easier for breastfeeding at night but was told that it's not safe. So now considering options.

Saturday we bought some things from Taka... two bags? Sunday we finally bought the Baby comfort 12 in 1 crib set.... both days FIL saw and commented to his son, Why buy again? Dont buy already... Well im thinking im really quite being savy on money spend for baby stuff le.. took alot hand me downs. Sometimes jus pek cek why such comments are made... haiz... these are essentials.. when does he want us to buy leh?

Morning ladies. It is boring monday again, the countdown to weekend begins again!

Anyone knows if the baby fair at expo this weekend is good? i am thinking if i can get my baby cot from there!

Any mummies know which brand / model of breast shell is good / comfy for sore nipples? I think I want to buy and standby first. Advise?

thk medela breast shell is gd.

should we apply the nipple cream on our nipples first before we pop so as to minimize sore and crack nipples during bf?

hi there....

Havent logged into this forum in a long time. Hope all mummies are well and excitedly waiting for LO.

Any mummies going for elective c-sect? Which week have you planned for it? My Dr asking me to choose between week 36-37 but i think thats too early. Any opinions/advice?

Jill:

It's normal for in-laws to make comments. My Mil comments even on hand-me-downs... Like "wah! So many things arh? house no space already le... last time baby where got so many things"

I just take it as it's THEIR way of making conversation. At the end of the day, if they are helping to take care, i will just be grateful ba.

I guess their generation is as such that they dont have so many gadgets.

Re: Baby Cot
Will be putting baby cot in another room, together with CL. My hb was so adamant that baby has to learn to sleep on her own but after attending anental class on breastfeeding (trainer says better to latch bb on fully for at least 1 mth), hb is now asking if bb cot shld be placed in our room for my convenience. haha. It wld definitely be more convenient but like some mommies, I am afraid the night feeds will disturb my hb...and he still needs to work the next day. So I think I will just walk over to the next room to latch/feed. Will see how this arrangement goes after bb is out..

Jill - BP is Bulk Purchase, you can check out some sellers on the forum who are selling/organsing BPs for diaper organiser.
happy.gif
I think the older folks (esp those not working and stay home retired de) just dont understand coz last time they dont have the same variety and options so considerably lesser stuff to buy. Just smile and ignore...let your hb handle. When bb is out, they will realise its nv-ending stuff to buy for bb!

baby cot
bb will sleep wif me at nite. cox my mil refuse to do nite duty
lol
will need to shift my dressing table n chest of drawer to my study room
think haf to do that mid may or when I pop liao

I dun stay with my in laws so they dun comment much
heng
or I will def scream
:p
at least I m spending my own money. not their son (my hub)

think got nothing to do with spending your money or your hubby (their son's money), they just feel that spending on all these are a waste of money to them cause last time baby dun ve all these things...

my mil wld do nite duty if i ask her to.. bt i feel that as it is, as a working mum, i already do not see my children as much already, so i wld insist to do night duty, i consider bonding time and spending some times with the children.

my no 1 has been sleeping in the same room as us, in her own cot since the day she is born. the only problem m facing now is how to shift her to her own room now. cause she wld fall asleep beside me on the 'big bed' n hubby wld shift her to the cot.

Yes thanks ladies... really ya.. but they are taking care of my little one next time when i go back to work force. I am grateful for that.. Hubby told me jus ignore lah. yeah im ok.. jus dont want to hear those after a long day after shopping, its tiring leh to shop and think which is better deal etc. Anyway its co-sharing to pay for all these. Ya and its true their time no such gadgets... but they have to understand Times are different. Hope to have own place soon. Lol

Haha ..i think parents the same lah..spend money they will say nag abit. My parents n in laws still okie..they dun really make such comments. Instead, my hubby is the one who scare this scare that. When we throw away the stepper to clear space for our bb room, he say must tell his parents we sell for some amt..i was like why must tell lie? Also no steal no rob

Than whatever his parents or sis give, he will keep one. I super sian one. I say just reject lah..some things we obviously dont need ..why must take leh. Than end up all stock at our house for 1-2 yrs also no use and have to throw away

jill: if they are taken care by ur in laws or ur own parents, u wld really feel grateful. For mi, m super grateful to my mil. My daughter is very well taken care of and i ve no worries when m at work.... moreover she is a very hygiene and is those that wld listen to wat i say, if i say dun give this to my daughter, she wun. so she respects me as the mother alot.. which i really appreciate cause there are some mil who thinks that they nod best, n dun listen to the mother views or wishes...

rejoy: You have a very good mil whom takes your comments into account. I am still thinking how should i comment to my pil to tell them that when i discpline my kids the next time, they have to agree to me. I very scary here i scold there they try to be nice people. I think i have to take it when it comes.

Just finished my lunch and i feel breathless again. i think the tummy is pushing up and i feel that i can't catch my breath again. haiz. third trimester symptoms.. i can all feel it now.

Bbkk: I regretted not buying from baby fair too for baby safe items!! sigh*

fool4love: omg! cheaper by $100?!!! how much was your mattres??! yah!

Baby Cot: will be in my room. I decided to take care of BB myself at night.

Min: sigh. I agreed with u. my MIL will be taking care of my baby after my ML. I don't know how to comment on discipline to them also =x

rejoy - your mil really v.good..To me, the hygience standard and style of disciplining of the in-laws are v.impt. If your mil both also in line with you, then nothing more to ask for le.
happy.gif

Min - Maybe slowly you can get your hb to sound your PILs out...talk to them abt disciplining the grandchildren next time, at least pre-empt them before the bb comes. Most of the time, PILs dote on the kids too much..dont allow parents to discipline them. I ever see before my FIL scold my BIL (my hb's elder bro) in front of the kids...tell my BIL dont disturb the kids and what next time the kids grow up, will have wings and leave the hse. I hear liaos super shocked...cannot believe it. I told my hb if our kids are ever taken care of by my PILs, must set some ground rules first. If not next time the kids wont listen to the parents..

that's why i plan to put in IFC instead of letting my parents or in law take care. All these discipline and rules must set from young than they will follow.

if everyday good life at grandparents house, when you start to discipline them, they sure reject and turn rebelious one.

Xuan:

i bought the babysafe mattress at S$169. Retail at kiddy palace was S$269. we were skeptical at first cos i thought baby mattress (being so small) will cost less than S$100. Then the saleslady at babyfair told us that the retail is S$269 and we just grabbed immediately.

Discipline for kids:
I am also worried that my mil will spoil my child when baby is out. My hubby insist that his mum will listen to us and "teach" the child the way that we want the child to be taught. Am crossing my fingers that that will be the way. I think hubbs and i also have quite different ways of parenting. Have to see how things go from there.

Am waiting for my BTO and today's news on the potential delay on BTO isnt encouraging.
sad.gif

JC - Agree, its difficult to teach your child once they are used to their grandparents' doting and overly accomodating ways. Love is good but not to the extent of over indulgence. My PILs stay just a few blocks away but after staying with them for close to 2 years (few days a week), I think I rather abit more xin ku and put bb in IFC..at least I can teach my child the way I want to.

I can putting the baby cot in my room. Because got wheels, can wheel in and out as CL is sleeping at another room.

BTO gonna delay? I thought usually the BTO come 1 year in advance?

Eva: ya! today Straits Times front page.
sad.gif

But it's pretty ironic. Went to a friend's baby shower last weekend and he's hoping that his BTO will be delayed as he hasnt budgeted for reno yet and baby just arrived.

On my side, i just need SPACE. I think that's more important. Trying to reduce expenditure now so that i can save more for renovation

Rejoy, ur mil is very gd..... I m not sure abt my mil, but I think my mum will spoil the kid
sad.gif

Fool4love, when will u get the keys to ur bto?

Vi: official date is 4Q2014. Was told by friends that it could be as fast as 1 year earlier. But looking at the progress of my development, it does not seem so...

Am thinking of evaluating the new HDB rental policy for married peeps with kids. But that means more cash outflow which is not exactly i feel that is justifiable

fool4love - yah usually BTO can be faster by 0.5 to 1 year. Havent got the chance to see today's Straits Times..whats the reason for delay? Yah, with baby, I think space (physically and mentally) v.impt. If you can, just bear with it for awhile more..renting means moving twice with a bb/toddler (once to the rented place and again time when you get your BTO) plus need to spend money (no matter how much) on making the rental place liveable, touch up abit etc.

My #1 was taken care by my MIL till he was 1.5 years old then my dad took over since he started going to school. I appreciate my MIL for helping as I can work with a peace of mind knowing my son is in good hands. But during the period that MIL is taking care, I need to learn to close 2 eyes. Not 1 eye but really 2 eyes. My MIL is a traditional lady and our perception of the "right" thing to do for the child differs. Not that the thing she do is bad or harmful, but just that I would not do the same. And my MIL is a very sensitive and easily stressed person. So I have to be very careful with my words else if she felt stressed over what I said, then she will make even more mistake. So over time, so long as it's not something harmful to my child, I learnt to close 2 eyes. It wasn't easy especially at the beginning. Almost every night I will complain to my hubby who usually just brush me off saying that "ai yah old people are like that one la". I have other friends whom kid are also taken care by the MIL and we share the same sentiment of closing 2 eyes LOL. Things are quite different with my dad whom I can freely tell him my view.

Nipple cream: the nipple cream is a life-saver to me. for mom who breast-feed for the first time, it's basically inevitable to experience cracked and bleeding nipple. that time in hospital, with the advice of my friend, I apply the nipple cream as often as I can and things got much better. I also used the breast shell to prevent contact of the nipple with the clothing:
http://www.philips.com.sg/c/avent-accessories/breast-care-6-pcs-scf157_02/prd/

I am looking forward to get the keys too. Because of space and wanna sub rent one room to friend for extra income. Now seem like got to wait longer. I also hasn't brought strait times.

Sleepyskies: Ya. I agree with you. No matter what, there's an amount to be spent to make ths space liveable and all these will not be worth it for 1 year. I heard that most of the flats are old vacanted flats (due to SERS programme). Most of them will be still okay condition. But they are old.

I'm bearing with the limited space. I guess hubbs doesnt mind as much cos it's his house after all. Probably after the installing the cot, changing desks, etc... then MAYBE he will feel the difference. :p

Extracted ST article:

HOME buyers might have a longer wait for the keys to their Build-To-Order (BTO) flats.

A combination of the construction industry labour crunch and a ramp-up in the Housing Board's building programme is stretching the completion period for new BTO projects by several months.

The private sector has already taken a hit as contractors push back deadlines and take longer to complete projects, as the industry struggles with fewer workers.

And this seems to have affected the Housing Board sector as well, with estimated waiting times for some recent standard BTO projects of 20 storeys and below being stretched to as long as 43 months.

The National Development Ministry said in 2010 that the waiting time - from booking a flat to collecting the keys - for such BTO projects launched after the middle of 2011 would be about 2 1/2 years, or 30 months.

But this seems to be no longer the case, despite the Housing Board moving to a building "ahead of order" system.

A quick check of January's BTO launches shows that estimated completion times for projects of under 20 storeys range from 32 to 43 months.

For bigger projects - with more storeys and units - the waiting time stretches to as long as 58 months, or nearly five years.

The 1,058-unit Fengshan Greenville in Bedok, for instance, comprising eight blocks that are 16 to 19 storeys, has an estimated waiting time of 54 to 58 months for some of its blocks.

But even for typical standard BTO projects comprising five blocks of not more than 20 storeys, the 30-month timeframe seems unlikely to be met.

Tampines Greenforest, for instance, comprising 424 units in four blocks of 15 storeys each, has an estimated waiting time of 35 to 37 months. It was launched in January this year.

Similarly, Punggol Opal with four 17-storey blocks comprising 526 units also has a waiting time of 35 to 38 months, while GreenTops @ Sims Place in Geylang - a 19-storey block with 338 units - is expected to take 36 to 38 months. Both were launched in last July's BTO exercise.

A Housing Board spokesman noted that the construction time for each project depends on many factors, such as the complexity of the design features, soil conditions and other site constraints.

For standard BTO projects of 20 storeys and below completed from 2010 to last year, however, the average construction time was 30 months, he said.

Accountant K.C. Lee, 27, applied for a five-room flat at Keat Hong Mirage in Choa Chu Kang last November. The 1,159-unit development has an estimated waiting time of 39 to 43 months.

Mr Lee said that while the waiting time is quite long, it works for him. "It also gives me some time to get our finances ready for expenses like the honeymoon, renovation and deposit.

"But the long waiting time of three to four years might cause unpredictability for some relationships. I'm sure there are also some buyers who want a ready flat sooner so that they can start leading private lives."

That long! At least my hubby shifted some furniture to make room for baby cot today. Wonder will have the BTO in time for baby when he become toddler. He might need more space.

morning mummies!

today my cupboard is arriving. so can start packing in the clothes plus my hospital bag.
still early for me, but i think energy level getting lower, better do everything at one go.

bb sleeping - i already let my both boys have their own room and own toddler bed. its good also, they can sort of go to sleep by themselves.
its easy to co-sleep with them but its very hard to chase them out of our room lor..

#3 - she will have her own room. cl will sleep with her during the 1 month. after that we will use those baby talk monitor. so when she cries we in master bedroom can sense it.
i am very light sleeper, i cant sleep easier. so this will be a best solution for me.

Back