(2013/05) May 2013

Home
N travel offer from mothercare!!
happy.gif
) there r deals for
Prams too.

http://www.mothercare.com.sg/staging/pdf/home&traveloffer_christmas.asp

My gynae scheduled me for detail scan and Glucose Tolerance Test (GTT) togther on week 20. Isn't it abit early for the GTT?

Hi I'm expecting my 2nd baby on 11 May. My first was a March 2009 baby.
happy.gif

Just had a quick scan down this thread and found some of you discussing about baby carriers. I was the de facto baby carrier expert in my group previously and I have tried several types. Sarong or the modern quivalent are fine for when the baby is really small, but for longevity sake, get a mei-tai inspired carrier. My favourite remains the Pikkolo. Funny no one mentioned it. It was the favourite among Mcr 09 mommies. You can carry forward, in wards, side ways (hip) or backpack style. Highly versatile. It has an extra hip attachment (impt) that helps to distribute the weight on one's shoulders and hips. This wasn't a common feature back then. The worse I have tried is BabyBjorn. Don't buy it. Alot of people I know bought it only because they didn't know better - baby bjorn has been around for the longest, and with great distribution at alot of stores. Frankly it has the worse ergonomics, for both baby and carrier. Pikkolo on the other hand is a godsend. Hubby loves it too. We went long haul and short haul holidays with only a Pikkolo without having to handle a cumbersome stroller.

I'm not affiliaed to pikkolo or have any vested interest btw. It was just such a critical piece of baby accessory that I wanted to share it with you guys. There are some that swore by Beco too.

Bottomline, try it out for yourself. Baby wearing is the best! You won't reget it!

p/s I was an hyper active mommy and I went out alot with my baby by myself. I could breastfeed her while she was inside and I could go to the loo with her strapped on as well ... well I had to if I was with her alone.

to add: It also has option for either cross back or non cross back. Hubby has broad shoulders but mine are tiny, so cross back works for me. Plus cross back gives even better support
have fun!

Hi!

Been MIA since my first post coz pretty tiring juggling a hyper active baby gal that just turned one year old. I just did my Oscar scan on Monday and well, as usual, took a while for baby to be in position to take all the necessary screenshots.

I have only managed to scroll through past few pages of pages and to add on my limited experience for the past one year.

Cot: I can't recall the brand but its a convertible to toddler bed. Bought for around $300-$400+. Works well & I've no complaints. I guess as long as sturdy (I can't recall the wood that we chose but more sturdy, not hollow one)and functionable, may not have to choose the most high end cots.

Stroller: I am using a Peg Perego P3. We chose this because its the most sturdy (I can hang heavy bags without toppling) and its nice to navigate. Con is its also heavier. Sigh. My gal rejects pram as I usually use carrier (more convenient when shopping) but now I am getting back aches so re-introducing pram to her.

Carrier: I love my Ergo carrier! My gal likes and she falls asleep easily in it. Heard Manuca and Beco are good but didn't get to try. Bjorn is a no no among my #1 mummy group coz very streneous on the back.

Pump: My gal does not latch so I have been bonding extensively with my pump! I'm using Medela Freestyle and its a godsent to me as I am often on the road and I pump in the car and just everywhere. Some of my #1 mummies felt the suction not that fantastic and switched to Medela PISA. However PISA is more bulky. Freestyle has worked fine with me and my friends. I bought US set from SMH BP like my friends. So far so good. No issues. The cost savings are pretty substantial.

Gynae: My gynae package only starts on week 16 onwards but he always give me 3D scan if we can get a good scan of baby (no extra charge!).

GTT: @Ashley: Why did your gynae schedule you for GTT? Have you been putting on excessive weight and your blood test shows high sugar? Otherwise I don't think its necessary. Its very time consuming and also additional cost.

Morning everyone!!!
happy.gif

Finally can read they posts, yest really tiring with my siao n cranky #1 made me 哭笑不得。

Alfafa:
Pikkolo is the brand or model name? Nvr heard of it, is it carrier, sling or pouch? I like the pouch that I bot then for #1, carrier soso & sling not even open haha

Fabbie:
WAHHHH ur maid real classic ! By the way she's not gog to take care of ur nb hor ? Be real worry if it is .
Thankyou hehe due to my age difficult not to 糊思乱想 prior which haha, a great relief
happy.gif
Cannot see gender yet, I'm only 12wks3 days edd change again to 4june

Elson mummy/ sparkle bee:
Thx for the Infos
happy.gif

Rejoy:
U mean bird nest can avoid jaundice in bb ? I had some bird nest but not alot, my #1 jaundice on 2nd/3rd day n need the phototherapy for an hr then ok but ard day 6/7 suddenly up alot his jaundice then CL bot him to suntan downstair

Esther:
Good luck to urs too next mOn
happy.gif
Talk abt cane!!! Todate we yet to cane my #1, we only use the balloon stick to scare him. Then he always like give me that pathetic pitiful face n say mummy don't cane me, I love u I want u! Then I softhearted le lor

June, wow thanks for the info! That's good news! However, now that we are pregnant, my gynae say in case need to go into mount A, just tell the security guard at the carpark entrance that got preggy lady, they will sure let preggy or car with baby to enter carpark now including nurse and doctor.

Nlimm, I think cane for children who are too young is a no no. But to scare them is ok lol. I also scare my boy buy nvr hit him before. I think hitting him will make him worse.

Alfafa,
Wave~~~~~
happy.gif
I am prosper btw...
I am wondering why you have not come to this thread here. Finally you are here
happy.gif

Nilmm, pikkolo is the brand of the carrier. Yes during that time our mar 09 mummies are all carrying the carrier together. And alfafa did the spree for us.

Debbie:
Hehe yalor I just use to scare him coz myself hate cane . My own dad only use rolled newspaper n hit me n I ignored him for 2 wks aldy. Realised my boy is like me, those type u better reason w me & not just hit me as ur my parent type haha coz my Hb beat him once very hard using hand only & my boy ignored him for a wk when he's only 1 yr + can really see his character.

Bbkk:
Oh ur #1 also 2009? My #1 oct 2009.

Charliebrown: I bot my nursing bras from John little n OG.. Hmm.. Can't rem the brand but cheap cheap.. After I stop pumping.. I still wear them everyday at home.. V comfy.. But dun think can last long.. Haha!!

Re: bird nest
Arghhhh.. Keep forgetting to take my bird nest!! Only until I read the forum..

Have a great weekend!! Going out for brunch now..
happy.gif

Good morning ladies~

Just got my Oscar results, gynae says its considered normal, no need amino test.
happy.gif

Nlimm: congrats for your positive results too :D

June: my gynae is Dr Phua too.

Bird nest:
Can take those bottled kinds? Still got quite a few in the fridge but din take during pregnancy.

<table border=1><tr><td>No.</TD><TD>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>baby #</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>NSEW</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Alice saw</TD><TD>27-Apr</TD><TD>Dr Lan Heng Tung</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Parkway East</TD><TD>East</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>yLing</TD><TD>28-Apr</TD><TD>Dr Chen Lin Han</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>North</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Happymrs</TD><TD>30-Apr</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>East</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Charliebrown</TD><TD>1-May</TD><TD>Dr Lee Keen Whye</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Dreambig</TD><TD>2-May</TD><TD>Dr LC Foong</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>captain_piglet</TD><TD>2-May</TD><TD>Dr Adelina Wong</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Central</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Watashi</TD><TD>3-May</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>kikapo</TD><TD>4-May</TD><TD>Dr Adelina Wong</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>NE</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Raihana</TD><TD>4-May</TD><TD>Dr Lubna</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Parkway East</TD><TD></TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Ivy E</TD><TD>5-May</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>bubu</TD><TD>5-May</TD><TD>Dr Adelina Wong</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Sparkle_bee</TD><TD>5-May</TD><TD>Dr TC Chang</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Central</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Wendy Lee</TD><TD>6-May</TD><TD>Dr KC Ching</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>NE</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>fabbie</TD><TD>6-May</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>fool4love</TD><TD>6-May</TD><TD>Dr KC Ching</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>Yaya</TD><TD>7-May</TD><TD>Dr Geraldine Tan</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Central</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>Cima_yv</TD><TD>7-May</TD><TD>Dr Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>babymaine</TD><TD>8-May</TD><TD>Dr John Tee</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>East</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>Jcyp</TD><TD>9-May</TD><TD>Dr Wong HF</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>East</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>Shirley</TD><TD>10-May</TD><TD>Dr Henry Cheng</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>North</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>Memphissbelle</TD><TD>10-May</TD><TD>Dr Ben Neo</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>East</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>Junebunny</TD><TD>11-May</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>WongJaf</TD><TD>11-May</TD><TD>Dr Kowa</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>Central</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>Tapiku</TD><TD>11-May</TD><TD>Dr Heng Tuan Lan</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Parkway East</TD><TD>East</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>mndymxl</TD><TD>11-May</TD><TD>Dr Watt Wing Fong</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>Irene</TD><TD>11-May</TD><TD>DR Tho CK</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mth A</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>Ange</TD><TD>12-May</TD><TD>Dr Lee I Wuen</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>Novsnow</TD><TD>12-May</TD><TD>Dr Kowa</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>Rina Koh</TD><TD>14-May</TD><TD>Dr AL Lim</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>Debbie</TD><TD>14-May</TD><TD>Dr Poon King Fu</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>North</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>Gaya</TD><TD>16-May</TD><TD></TD><TD>2</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>not enough shoes</TD><TD>16-May</TD><TD>Prof John Tee</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>Passion88</TD><TD>17-May</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Tan</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>Bbkk</TD><TD>18-May</TD><TD>Dr Gordon Lim</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>35</TD><TD>worried79</TD><TD>18-May</TD><TD>Dr Cheng LC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>iko0508</TD><TD>19-May</TD><TD>Dr Caroline KHI</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>HK</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>37</TD><TD>fruitloops</TD><TD>20-May</TD><TD>Dr Tan HK</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>North</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>38</TD><TD>Rach</TD><TD>21-may</TD><TD>Dr Wendy Teo</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>39</TD><TD>rejoy28</TD><TD>27-May</TD><TD>Dr Gordon Lim</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>East</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>40</TD><TD>seraphinee</TD><TD>26-May</TD><TD>Dr Peter Chew</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>East</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>41</TD><TD>Pinktulip</TD><TD>28-May</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>42</TD><TD>schumy</TD><TD>28-May</TD><TD>Dr Heng Tuan Lan</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Parkway East</TD><TD>NE</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>43</TD><TD>nlimm</TD><TD>28-May</TD><TD>Dr Choo Wan leng</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>GlenE/ Mt A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>44</TD><TD>Esther</TD><TD>28-May</TD><TD>Dr A.L.Lim</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>45</TD><TD>2Ks</TD><TD>28-May</TD><TD>Dr Lawerence Ang</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>North</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>46</TD><TD>chiro</TD><TD>28-May</TD><TD>Dr Phua Soo Mear</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>47</TD><TD>Takeiteasy</TD><TD>29-May</TD><TD>Dr Roland Chieng</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>East</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>48</TD><TD>Vicvic</TD><TD>30-May</TD><TD>Dr Loke KH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Parkway East</TD><TD>East</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>49</TD><TD>JC</TD><TD>30-May</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>50</TD><TD>min</TD><TD>1-June</TD><TD>Dr H K Ho</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>East</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>51</TD><TD>vi</TD><TD>3-June</TD><TD>Dr Wendy Teo</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>52</TD><TD>pinkberries84</TD><TD>5-June</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>53</TD><TD>Alicia</TD><TD>9 June</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>54</TD><TD>Jiali</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Dr Irene Chua</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>55</TD><TD>Reddish</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>56</TD><TD>sleepyskies</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Dr Ho HK</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Central</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>57</TD><TD>lovetohavekid</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Dr Matthew Lau</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>58</TD><TD>welyn</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Dr Judy Wong</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>59</TD><TD>Sweetpea</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>North</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>60</TD><TD>baby_regine</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>61</TD><TD>Jialing</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Babbie
Dun mind can add me into the table?
Nick: bb08
Edd: 24 may
Gynae: Dr Kenneth Edward lee
Baby #: 03
Hospital: MA/ Gleneagles
Nsew: NW

Angel> Pikkolo is a brand, full name is Catbird Baby Pikkolo. Maybe no one is selling in Singapore anymore, that's why. I bought for our march 09 mommies from the Babywearer shop at Thomson Plaza after much research and trying out various brands at the shop. I haven't seen that shop in a long time though.

Here is a very useful comparison link I found

http://www.theportablebaby.com/carrierfeatures.html

It gives an overview / specific pros/
specific cons of each to help you shortlist. Afterwhich I strongly encourage you to try it out for yourself. It really can be quite subjective.

I heard complains that Ergo is angmo sized :p If I didn't recall wrongly, I did try putting on my friend's ergo which worked great for her - she's a big... big girl, plus size for sure. It couldn;t work for me at all. I'm an XS to XXS. Pikkolo works for me if I cross back the straps.

Bbkk> What a nice surprise! Yesterday was the 2nd time I entered this group. first time was when I found out my EDD, but I spent a mere 2-3 mins. I have been crazy busy at work, busy chasing year end closing. Workload is slowly easing off, just a couple more weeks to go.

congrats Bbkk! so happy to see a familiar face!

Hi All, I forgot my manners. *waves to all May 2013 mommies!*

EDD: 11 May
Gynae: Dr Michelle Lee at Sincere Clinic located at Novena Medical Centre
Baby# 2
Mount Alvernia
Staying in the North

By the way, I found the traditional sarong sling and Pupsik very useful too. Folds into nothingness and takes up very little space in the bag. I went shopping at Orchard road when baby was 5 weeks old. Just me and baby in a traditional sarong sling, I could breastfeed her comfortably even when walking along the streets, with a lightweight nursing shawl. Shortly after I bought a pupsik, which was even better. It did the same job but looked much better.

Hehehe I had a babybjorn for a couple of weeks and hated it. Eventually as she got heavier and after learning about mei tai inspired carriers I moved onto Pikkolo and never looked back. The only thing is that it is a pretty bulky thing compared to beco for example.

I remembered Hubby and I front/backpacked her as we trekked the nature reserves in the States. Likewise when we went holidaying in Vietnam and Seoul. We walked alot and prams would only be in the way.

I also had friends who still prefer strollers/prams. So, try it out first. Get a feel of whether you are likely to be going out alone a fair bit. Do you have a vehicle everytime you go out? Are you and hubby active/out-door type of parents? can you handle the stroller on our own, how about taking it from the car boot and putting it in? For me, I'm very petite, and I find it cumbersome to even have to handle my hand-me-dpwn normal sized stroller, let alone those huge SUV type strollers. It was a no brainer for me since I am also very active and hate to be house hound.

Something to think about.

I also lost track of the thread..haha, being mia for awhile. Went for my scan today and was looking forward to the gender. But unfortunately, bb super uncooperative - did a somersault, closed his legs and have us a thinker's pose. Sigh..gotta wait another month to know it's a he or she.

Btw, which brands of carrier and stroller is recommended for mid price range?

Alfafa77,
That is useful
My hub n I are considering carriers instead of strollers
But we r totally clueless of what to get

Gg to get him read all thr mummies comments so that we can made an informed decision

Actually for both prams n carriers can wait till
Pop
Then buy. Cos u never know wat ur bb like. So many types of prams
N carriers.
Except that u must v prepared that mayb no sale during then. June period is great sin sale rite? Haha jus nice after confinement can go out buy;))

<table border=1><tr><td>No.</TD><TD>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>baby #</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>NSEW</TD><TD>Gender </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Alice saw</TD><TD>27-Apr</TD><TD>Dr Lan Heng Tung</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Parkway East</TD><TD>East</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>yLing</TD><TD>28-Apr</TD><TD>Dr Chen Lin Han</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>North</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Happymrs</TD><TD>30-Apr</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD>East</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Charliebrown</TD><TD>1-May</TD><TD>Dr Lee Keen Whye</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Dreambig</TD><TD>2-May</TD><TD>Dr LC Foong</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>captain_piglet</TD><TD>2-May</TD><TD>Dr Adelina Wong</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Central</TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Watashi</TD><TD>3-May</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>kikapo</TD><TD>4-May</TD><TD>Dr Adelina Wong</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>NE</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Raihana</TD><TD>4-May</TD><TD>Dr Lubna</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Parkway East</TD><TD></TD><TD>Boy </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Ivy E</TD><TD>5-May</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>bubu</TD><TD>5-May</TD><TD>Dr Adelina Wong</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>Sparkle_bee</TD><TD>5-May</TD><TD>Dr TC Chang</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Central</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Wendy Lee</TD><TD>6-May</TD><TD>Dr KC Ching</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>NE</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>fabbie</TD><TD>6-May</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>fool4love</TD><TD>6-May</TD><TD>Dr KC Ching</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>Yaya</TD><TD>7-May</TD><TD>Dr Geraldine Tan</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Central</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>Cima_yv</TD><TD>7-May</TD><TD>Dr Woo Bit Hwa</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>babymaine</TD><TD>8-May</TD><TD>Dr John Tee</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>East</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>Jcyp</TD><TD>9-May</TD><TD>Dr Wong HF</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>East</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>Shirley</TD><TD>10-May</TD><TD>Dr Henry Cheng</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>North</TD><TD>Girl </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>Memphissbelle</TD><TD>10-May</TD><TD>Dr Ben Neo</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>East</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>Junebunny</TD><TD>11-May</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>WongJaf</TD><TD>11-May</TD><TD>Dr Kowa</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>Central</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>Tapiku</TD><TD>11-May</TD><TD>Dr Heng Tuan Lan</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Parkway East</TD><TD>East</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>mndymxl</TD><TD>11-May</TD><TD>Dr Watt Wing Fong</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>Irene</TD><TD>11-May</TD><TD>DR Tho CK</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>alfafa77</TD><TD>11-May</TD><TD>Dr Michelle Lee</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>North</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>Ange</TD><TD>12-May</TD><TD>Dr Lee I Wuen</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Raffles</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>Novsnow</TD><TD>12-May</TD><TD>Dr Kowa</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>Rina Koh</TD><TD>14-May</TD><TD>Dr AL Lim</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>Debbie</TD><TD>14-May</TD><TD>Dr Poon King Fu</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>North</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>Gaya</TD><TD>16-May</TD><TD></TD><TD>2</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>not enough shoes</TD><TD>16-May</TD><TD>Prof John Tee</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>Passion88</TD><TD>17-May</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Tan</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>35</TD><TD>Bbkk</TD><TD>18-May</TD><TD>Dr Gordon Lim</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>worried79</TD><TD>18-May</TD><TD>Dr Cheng LC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>37</TD><TD>iko0508</TD><TD>19-May</TD><TD>Dr Caroline KHI</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>HK</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>38</TD><TD>fruitloops</TD><TD>20-May</TD><TD>Dr Tan HK</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>North</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>39</TD><TD>Rach</TD><TD>21-may</TD><TD>Dr Wendy Teo</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>40</TD><TD>rejoy28</TD><TD>27-May</TD><TD>Dr Gordon Lim</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>East</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>41</TD><TD>seraphinee</TD><TD>26-May</TD><TD>Dr Peter Chew</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>East</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>42</TD><TD>Pinktulip</TD><TD>28-May</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>43</TD><TD>schumy</TD><TD>28-May</TD><TD>Dr Heng Tuan Lan</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Parkway East</TD><TD>NE</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>44</TD><TD>nlimm</TD><TD>28-May</TD><TD>Dr Choo Wan leng</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>GlenE/ Mt A</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>45</TD><TD>Esther</TD><TD>28-May</TD><TD>Dr A.L.Lim</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>46</TD><TD>2Ks</TD><TD>28-May</TD><TD>Dr Lawerence Ang</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>North</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>47</TD><TD>chiro</TD><TD>28-May</TD><TD>Dr Phua Soo Mear</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>North East</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>48</TD><TD>Takeiteasy</TD><TD>29-May</TD><TD>Dr Roland Chieng</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>East</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>49</TD><TD>Vicvic</TD><TD>30-May</TD><TD>Dr Loke KH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Parkway East</TD><TD>East</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>50</TD><TD>JC</TD><TD>30-May</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>51</TD><TD>min</TD><TD>1-June</TD><TD>Dr H K Ho</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>East</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>52</TD><TD>vi</TD><TD>3-June</TD><TD>Dr Wendy Teo</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>53</TD><TD>pinkberries84</TD><TD>5-June</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>54</TD><TD>Alicia</TD><TD>9 June</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>55</TD><TD>Jiali</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Dr Irene Chua</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>56</TD><TD>Reddish</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>West</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>57</TD><TD>sleepyskies</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Dr Ho HK</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Central</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>58</TD><TD>lovetohavekid</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Dr Matthew Lau</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>59</TD><TD>welyn</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Dr Judy Wong</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>60</TD><TD>Sweetpea</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>North</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>61</TD><TD>baby_regine</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>62</TD><TD>Jialing</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD>TBA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Sparkle_Bee,

Haha...i only scare by then i will have no energy or time to shop. LOL. Was at Baby Hypermart today and realised there's so many things to buy.

Anyone can start feeling bb's kicking now?

Angel is back : pls take med that ur gyne endorsed. Don't go pharmacist or gp. Its always better to check wif ur gyne if u r unsure of the drug. Else quite dangerous to the bb.

Angel is back, take good care of urself. As this is my first pregnancy, i'm not too sure what medication can be taken. So i guess, it is best to get the medication from our gynae.

Ikuko/ sparkle bee:
Coz when I see my Gynae on fri I don't have flu n I ask her what flu med can I take &amp; she wrote for me piriton &amp; Zyrtec. When I go pharmacy yest, the pharmacist said piriton be safer for bb though cause drowsiness, Zyrtec side effect on bb is higher not recommended. That's y wanna check w those given flu medicine b4.

"The bottom line is that childbirth is a huge physical act that involves pain for most who experience it. But the pain of labor, it turns out, is important. It is hormonally tied to healthy labor progress. If you take away the pain, you may take away the progress, which requires intervention that can cause harm (and more pain!). Your doc/friend/mother-in-law may be saying, “Don’t be a hero, get the epidural!” But this isn’t about heroics, this is about protecting your body. It may turn out that after hours of labor and every other trick in the bag, an epidural is just what it takes to facilitate the baby’s debut. But research suggests it’s best left as the serious medical intervention it is — taken when really needed.

That’s not to say that women who shoo away the anaesthesiologist don’t need help getting through the pain — massage, a deep warm tub, a shower, hypnosis, and relaxation techniques can all help. Most importantly, you need to be able to move your body. What you don’t need is to be stuck in a situation with access to none of these options, or in a hospital bed with an electronic fetal monitor tying you down and a Syntocinon drip in your vein. Indeed, if you’re pushed, an epidural may be the only way you can get through it. It’s nonsensical to expect a woman to labor without drugs if she’s strapped flat on her back.

That’s why it’s imperative to line up a supportive provider, (a great idea is to include a doula) and atmosphere before labour starts. Women who get this kind of support are more able to stay upright, active, and in control of pushing, and are more likely to have an uncomplicated birth, an intact, uncut vagina, and a speedy recovery."

http://www.bellybelly.com.au/birth/but-i-want-drugs-drugs-in-labour

Numerous clinical studies have found that a doula’s presence at birth
tends to result in shorter labors with fewer complications
reduces negative feelings about one’s childbirth experience
reduces the need for pitocin (a labor-inducing drug), forceps or vacuum extraction and cesareans
reduces the mother’s request for pain medication and/or epidurals
Research shows parents who receive support can:
Feel more secure and cared for
Are more successful in adapting to new family dynamics
Have greater success with breastfeeding
Have greater self-confidence
Have less postpartum depression
Have lower incidence of abuse
Taken from: http://www.dona.org/mothers/why_use_a_doula.php

Dear mummies,
I am training to be a doula aka professional labour support. As part of my certification, I am required to attend three births. Below are links, which explain what a doula does and how I can help you have a positive birth experience. Do pm me or email me at [email protected] if you have any queries. Looking forward to hear from you. 
www.drmomma.org/2011/05/what-doulas-do.html
www.drmomma.org/2011/04/5-doula-myths-debunked.html

Rach: I have itchy boobs at times too but at the right side of my nipple itch most often. Skin is flaky sometimes and I tried not to scratch, sometimes it bleeds.. Dono next time can breast feed or not... Sob.

Ange: what's 4d scan? I only heard of 3 d scan...

Chiro: I stay NE too Hee. Dr Phua seems very soft spoken hor? But I like it as the previous Gynae I have is proud kind... Don like it.

nilmm: was told not to take zyrtec..priton is safe...and also drink honey lemon for vit c
happy.gif

This weekend was crazy...my #1 had persistantly high fever abt 38 - 40 degree...me and my hubby took turns to sponge and medicate him..so tiring...then i made the most traumatizing decision:- to bring him to a&amp;e.....waited for 6 hours and scare my#1 who is almost 2 like crazy..crying at every sight of doc and nurses...ai yo didnt know a&amp; e for kids is so traumatizing .

first time that he had 2 suppositories and a urine bag attached to him....want to sleep cannot sleep...now even changing his diaper at home, he is terrified. oh mann..

hope he will forget abt it tom !

My Angel is back, oic, I have slight flu too but luckily, after drinking lots of water n sleeping the whole day, I managed to recover.

2Ks/ MemphiSsbelle/ ikuko:
Thankyou I bot piriton yest but end up nvr eat coz when home I stopped sneezing but running nose whole night so I endure thru and today so much better only itchy nose. Partly coz I have sensitive nose , dust can easily trigger my nose. B4 preg usually I'm on adezio which is so effective but definitely not advisable for pregnancy which tts y I been enduring . Next round I feel safe to take piriton when I have bad flu . This preg maybe coz poor diet I cough n flu easily fortunately no fever( touchwood)

Babymaine:
Errr tt rocker look familiar but I can't rem how much usually see during sale below $100

Anybody knows any stretch mark oil or cream is good in the market? Does it really help at all as I'm a first time mum.., stomach is starting to itch!!

Morning mummies, wow some of us already know the gender?? I m 15 weeks now and appt is tomorrow. U think i will be able to find out the gender?

I m still puking everyday several times. One thing that seems to help feel better is ribena for some reason. I hardly drink it when not pregnant but now i must drink it everyday. I make it diluted so not so sweet.

In the morning, i must eat super spicy wan tan mee or plain porridge with small amts of salted egg n olive veg. Wierd taste buds. I love fruits but they dont sit well in my tummy for some reason and i will automatically feel queasy after eating fruits.

I spent most of my sunday in bed coz of super aching back. Sigh. I don't know if that is a side effect of epidural for #1 delivery as I recalled the bad back ache does not kick in so early. =(

memphissbelle, oh no. hope your boy is feeling beter.

myangel, I only know chlorpheniramine (yellow small tablet) and zyrtech ok for consumption (but not zyrtech decongestant). I usually get severe blocked nose which will develop into sore throat, cough or fever and zyrtech decongestant works for me (but cannot take).

mami b, whether can see gender of baby depends on how cooperative he/she is. If close legs tight tight then cannot see. Usually, can detect boys earlier coz of genitals. The earliest I heard (rare) is week 12 found out its a boy. For myself, gynae makes educated guess (position still not good) that its a gal around week 15-18 (i can't really remember which week). =)

morning ladies...

went to gynae last weekend and he says it's most probably a gal... hahah! he added a disclaimer that the thingy might be too small now to see though...

Being my first one, dont really matter whether it's a boy or gal... just as long as it's healthy

morning!!

buba my appt today too! feeling the same as u. hahaa but im abit lazy to go out to see gyena lol maybe too nua at home liao =X

nice fool4love1 congrats!

Fool4love, that's good to know. Congrats :). My bb is so uncooperative, cross his/her legs throughout. Gynae says it could be a boy but can't be sure at this moment cos she only manage to catch a glismpse of the spot.

Morning all..

I just weigh myself and I got a shock. I gained total of 3.5kg.
I just weigh last week and just a mere one week I gain 1kg. Oh my god. Must be the Taiwan Xiang Chang I ate last night.

Fool4love, ya gender not an issue, as long healthy. But I think most likely is girl for ur case. 80%. but still better wait for detailed scan to be 100% sure so that u can start shopping.

ManiB, hope u are better for ur ms.
I still puke at 15week. I tot I am better but suddenly one fine day I just puke out. Sometimes after food will feel queasy too.

<font color="ff0000">Good morning mummies!!!!! i'm working from home today... and going for check up later... 17 weeks le... hopefully can see gender ba....</font>

nlimm - yup that is the latest model... the older model is a darker shade of blue... i can't remember the price i saw at mothercare for the latest model... like $120++ or more... this is a good investment for first time mummies cos can sit till toddler stage... for #1 i used it till i think 7-8 months... used it as feeding chair before upgrading to high chair...

Good morning mummies
happy.gif
! I think have lost track of this thread.. Might not be able to come very often now cos year end, need to close acct which I hate the most. But I will make an effort to post whenever I have the time.

Belle: oh dear!! How's your #1 now? Feeling better? Any idea what causes the sickness? Did doc manage to find out? Hope your #1 is better now.

June: I am using bio oil. There are too many in the market.. You can trial and error.. Some products may causes sensitivity to your skin and causing it to itch. For my case is coco butter brand. SoIit really depends in your skin type.
happy.gif

Buba/mami: sure can see gender.. Excited for you guys! Keep us posted ok? I get to know my baby's gender when she was 15 weeks.. I am sure you ladies will be able to see.
happy.gif

Babymaine,
I saw the rocker at Bp too. I everyday went in to check, very tempted to buy cos it is promotion price at $99 free delivery. But thinking too early to buy? I also think is a good investment and can use for very long.

bkkk: that's exactly what my gynae said... he says 80% gal. but wont know until delivery... haha!

My MIL says that she guessed that it will be a gal cos i'm looking 'broad'... says that usually people carrying boys will have more curves...

The funny thing was that i went to see a usual GP on Friday (just before my gynae check) for some tummy ache issue and he guessed that it will be a boy based on the same and position. haha!!

I guess i will just wait for the detailed scan next month to confirm... =)

If it's a gal, think i'll go crazy buying all those pretty pretty hair bands... =p

the rocker is nice but i don't think i willing to spend so much. Got those cheap cheap, net type 1 right?

feeling more tired than ever. today starting my multi-vitamin and fish oil.

i lost 8 kg so far! last time exercise like mad also no lose so much in such short period.
i think must really thanks this bb

Fabbie: finally your appt is here.. Another week to your detailed scan.
happy.gif

Jc: that's really a lot of weight loss.. R u still puking? R u still taking insulin?

babykk - now the promo price is $88 free delivery... i think even if kiddy palace got promo also won't be this cheap ba... actually i also dun wanna get so early, but the price is too cheap to resist... lol... now my next big ticket item is infant car seat... then now thinking whether to get quinny zapp and maxi cosi not...

csy1 - the net kind can only use for a short period... whereas this rocker chair can use till 18kg? or something like that... plus there's visual toys to stimulate baby's senses...

Back