(2013/05) May 2013

2nd trimester begins on 12th week right?
when 2nd trimester comes, its food galore!!! we can eat to our fullest liao.. cant wait.. hee!
now is hungry but cant eat.. haiz!!

Ooo. Quite a few SAHM here! Hehe. In my previous thread, im the only SAHM. Keke. Mayb we can all meet up after 1st tri is over. Hehe.

Im super looking forward to no MS days. 1st time having MS! Argh.

Bbkk
Got helper is good ah. Not so tiring. Meet frenz go hightea, shopping & come online chat with us! Hehe.

My next check is this coming Monday. Need to check HCG as my dr was unable to find yolk sac despite a big waterbag. Think he wana play safe. If twins ah, I think I die 1st. Lol.

Iko
Kor kors in sch so not so bad. If all at home then I go crazy. I super drag wkends coz hb works on wkends which means I look after all 3. Usually ko by 8pm on wkends. Too tired. How old is ur #1?

Tsm
Usually drs will give mc for Oscar scans. Some also give when u have appointments. So no need take leave. =)

a-n-g-e
Good to have time to rest when ur boy is in sch. Nua abit. Hehe. Mine with me 24/7. Sianz. Lol.

Gaya
I prioritize my things to do for the day. Once lil one naps, I quickly go & do my stuff like cooking dinner or washing clothes. Once all done can nua together with baby on bed & watch cartoons. =)

Wow... finally I got my report for my hcg levels were 8000 for wk 6. I have 1000+ on wk 5 only.

Tsm: depend on your HR or boss. If u worry of lossing job, apply leave.

iko0508: yeah... we all jiayou together
happy.gif

meowmeowing:
OSCAR, or One-stop Clinic for Assessment of Risk for Fetal Anomalies is a combination test offered in the first trimester to screen for risk of fetal anomalies, in particular Down Syndrome (Trisomy 21). It involves a nuchal translucency (NT) scan and a blood test. usually between 11 to 14 weeks of your pregnancy

Lovetohavekids: I wake up every night 1-2 times, then after that I can't sleep anymore. so sad
sad.gif

Bbkk: should we start applying mositurizer now?

ml83 and eil, tks for advice!
Kekeke, I am in-charged of HR, i think jz inform boss and take MC tat day coz only left 3 days annual leave liao.

I've started my anti stretch mark creams. But primarily cos I have very dry skin this pregnancy. Gota moisturize else I itch.

Eil, I meant I lazy to apply face moisturizer. But anyway I already started applying stretch mark oil. I used emu oil which I purchase at SMH bulk purchase.

Vi, it is not compusory but advisable to do Oscar.

ml83: u have twins before? if not y u so scare of getting twins? hee.. my #1 is a 15mth bb ger who still refuses to walk.. oops!

vi: oops! ur menses irregular tt y count wrongly? so how many weeks r u now?

Re: HCG test
wow.. how come so many of u doing the HCG tests?

Tsm: Clarins. Bought both the cream and oil but currently only using the cream. Kinda lazy to use the oil for now.

Tsm: Taka, Robinsons, Isetan, Tangs all have Clarins counters.I used to use cream in the day and oil at night for my first pregnancy. Don't want oil staining clothes before heading out of the house. So a matter of your preference really. :)

Bbkk & Ange : oh maybe I have to start apply too. what other products should we start using??

iko0508: I need HCG test on wk 5 & wk 6. There are 3 different test they do. The invoice is in my car, will pick up & let u know tml. Esp for my age is very important!

mi83 & ange - my ill one is 8 mths and she is getting to be a terror.. Now no 2 on the way, I feel so tired all the time. Pity my MIL. She doing housework most of the time now and she werking. My hubby is one lazy pig!!!

Tsm - try bio oil.

@iko0508
my lmp is 21 aug.
i counted from that day. so, shld be 6 weeks.
but doc say 4 weeks plus

faint....no hcg test or anything yet....ytd is the first visit...

Gaya: 8 months - lovely age. They laugh so easily but definitely need you to watch them closely... crawling around... stuffing things into their mouths... my son at that age was so happy with his new found skill he'd crawl the whole house and I sometimes catch him chewing on my laptop charger cable etc.You get the drift. Hahaha things will be better come the second trimester and you will get into the rhythm of things.
happy.gif

gaya: u r too fast n furious.. heehee! r u a sahm too? but after they grow older.. u can relax le.. =))

vi: maybe u ovulate late?

Re: housework

I don't hv live in help but I do have a cleaning lady that comes in thrice a week. That pretty much takes care of most of the housework. My hubby helps out too so things are still pretty manageable for now.

@iko0508, i took clomid. and on day14, the doc checked and said i will be ovulating within 2 days. i checked the online, for a 30 days cycle, the ovulation will take place on day 16 which matches with what she say. but then, late or not, i m happy with the little one
happy.gif

@eil, i m. I will b taking up the cord blood. Take it like an insurance policy.

Vi & Ange: there is only 2 private hospital - cordlife & stemcord. Or u consider to donate?

Vi & ange : I don know, reading their review. Intend to call up & see which one has a better service. Have u ever check the cost diff btw this 2?

Tsm,
I am using the brand emu. It is called emu oil. Not very oily.
I used coca palmers before, then developed itch. Then I switch to clarins oil for my #1. now I try emu oil for testing, seem good.

dear mummies, you might wanna consider having delayed cord clamping instead. the benefits are:

" · baby receives up to 20-50% more blood (54-160ml) than if clamped prematurely · boosts iron levels and prevents anemia up to the first year of life baby receives all their stem cells · better oxygen levels, decreasing need for supplemental oxygen no need to worry if baby isn't "breathing" immediately because the placenta/cord is supplying oxygen to the baby · reduces incidence of bleeding in the brain and the need for blood transfusion · decrease risk of Birth Injuries, specifically those associated with the brain/IQ · decreases risk of maternal postpartum hemorrhage and retained placenta."
http://doulacare.vpweb.ca/Delayed-Cord-Clamping.html

this video is very informative too!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3RywNup2CM

Bbkk: thanks, the products seen very natural. Yes I will purchase their pure emu oil.

pawzzz: but usually tat is dr decision? Can we tell them?

Hi mummies, this thread is getting more and more active that i cant catch up lol
happy.gif

so lucky so many mummies are sahm
happy.gif
) envy!!

eli: for my #1, i used stemcord so will continue with them...reason why i signed up with them cos they have tie ups with my gynae so i had a discount. both should be equally good .

bbk: thanks for the intro to emu oil....i think i will try that too...I m using Palmer's now, so far so good but think will try the emu oil
happy.gif

its nice to read so many mummies sharing stories now
happy.gif
) something that i look forward to after a hard day's work.

Fabbie: your boss is one big cheapo nana! lol recycling namecard is hilarious!!

You can state your preference in your birth plan. Most doctors still routinely clamp the cord immediately despite evidence-based research has proved that delaying cord clamping has its benefits. It helps to find a doctor that respects your preference.
happy.gif

Ange- tell me about it. She is babbling away and everything she grabs , she attempts to put in her mouth..just now we were at Long John. If. I hadn't reacted quickly, she would have pulled the tray and tipped the contents onto the floor. Btw she dun wan to crawl but trying to walk.

Iko - yaya too fast and furious!!! Lolsss

Ya that's what I heard too.

Pee report:
Wah wake up 4 plus to report to pee now cannot sleep hahaa anyone is still awake? Lol

Morning ladies

Oh dear fabbie... what time did you go back to bed? I had interrupted sleep too... pee break... heavy rain... then hubby's alarm... and my son. Geez I miss deep long sleep.

Morning ladies...

Wow... the thread is really moving very fast! cant catch up.
happy.gif

Am using clarins. Not cheap. About S$80plus. But i heard that it's very good. Have started applying every night. The counter gal told me that can last probably 2 months cos it's a big tube. Told me to apply morning and night but morning is a bit too rush for me.

Morning ladies,

hope everyone is well.. it has been terrible for me this week.. coughing non-stop n throat so pain and last night vomit stomach acid after taking medication from doc..in e middle of the night also wake up n cough.. sigh...

i am using Rosken Bio Serum.. this is gd. it serve me well for first pregnancy n will continue to buy n use this. can get from watsons. i apply morning and evening (after shower)

morning ladies!
waki early today coz cant slp after i went to pee. sianz.

iko
family history of twins. hehe. my boys walk at 15 & 16mths. not sure when my baby gonna walk. mayb faster than kor kors coz can chase after them! lol.

gaya
8mths is a fun age! my elder boys are 16mths apart so i guess urs will be around the same age gap too. reali tiring. try to rest or do some chores when lil one naps. =)

cord blood banking
im banking with cordlife. my boys one all banked there. it's good to bank it as life is unpredictable. i have patients that have spent thousands just to find a match for their child as they didnt bank in the cord blood & the child needs it at a later age due to health problems.

the thread is really moving so fast....

think my 2nd pregnancy is worse than my first.

Although i feel very tried for my first, by ard 8pm, i wld fall asleep but still m already to get rest.

Although i do not have MS, bt i feel giddy and feel like vomiting at night.... cant really rest well cause i take care of my elder one who is 11 mths at night.

m so tired....

Good morning mummies!
Angie , Bbkk and Gaya,
Tks for sharing the stretch products,thinking to apply either one and apply now.
My gynae said I can apply since i oldey 2 mths now.

Ange: in the end go back to sleeo near to 6am then kana my gal wake me up cus its time for her to go school. heng no work liao if not danm shag! haha

memphissbelle : LOL

ml83: Wow.. im happy for u if its twin! hehehee

rejoy28: i agree.. same here.. or maybe its too long i having ms i forget. but if im not wrong last time im unable to eat this n that.. no.2 now cant even eat.. Zzzz

tsm: ya tum tum showing le? does it itch?

Mummies who're members of tangs, they're having a 12% rebate/discount tmr! and its a good time to stock up on Clarins etc! haha

Im v lazy now... didnt even bother to put on face mask moisturizer after bathing at night.

Back