(2013/02) March 2013

sunflower, im doing my scan tmr... why dont you want to do Oscar?

wishy, mine was better @ week 12... but this week started to feel it all over again...hungry but cant eat...its a torture ...

Im nw into 12th week and my ms extended fr only at night to morning as well, its not gettg better yet. It will get better right??? When we hit 2nd trim?
Now no appetite at all for any food... Stomach feels empty all the time.

Celtbaby, when's ur EDD? my mum told me, it will be better when we reach 16th week... hopefully....
my weight went down... hiazz...

im not sure if mine is considered morning sickness.. but i dun have appetite for anything.. i do manage to eat something for ev meals.. only have the urge to puke but usually nth comes out...
n i jus feel so xin ku, keep feel like puking but nth will come out..
at times i jus feel so emo that i jus feel like crying... never thot pregnancy can be tis tough...

oh dear seems many mommies MS still there or worst at week 12
sad.gif
sad.gif
i am at week 10 and really looking forward to week 12 to get better ... gulpz

scloud, enjoy every bit of the pregnancy, though its xin ku, but i believe its all worth it
happy.gif

my first boy already 8 years old, have been trying and hopefully this will be a successful one for me
happy.gif

lets jia you together
happy.gif

scloud i also feel so emo , gagged and puked till tears drop and still dun know when will get better, every morning when i wake up i just hope today will be better

im so trying to keep a positive mindset, cos hubby kept saying whatever im feeling will affect the bb.. dowan a grouchy bb...
but duno y jus felt so emo recently, n the urge to cry is jus getting so frequent..
im only in the mid of my 9th week... so hoping that all the symptoms will jus go away~~

wow.. this thread is moving really fast. hahha!!

MS, i didnt experience MS during my #1, but for this one. more demanding, keep cravings for food; like meesiam, spicy stuff, loh mee, curry. during my #1 im only craving for cheecheongfun and orange juice. sometimes felt nausea and puke so far once. those mommy on MS, jiayou!! hope it gets better daily!

Oscar test, am opting this out, but taking triple test which includes a blood test for down syn too. anyone taking this??

yen, clumsy me, my son is in P1 this year, turning 7 soon... haha, (cant hope to see him turn 8)

so urs is the 2nd baby on the way or 3rd?
happy.gif

when i first had my boy, i dun have any of this morning sickness at all....

hopefully i can start to eat better soon... im taking obimin and calcium tablets now...

Serene, my edd is 9 mar.... I too feel all this ms, discomfort is worth it, now i truly understand 妈妈是最伟大的. pple always say women these days cannot take hardship, ask them to try being preg with ms, dealng wif one or more kids at home n having a full time job all at the same time. My dh always complain say women shd go for ns, then they will know how lucky they are, now i will rebutt n say men shd try gettg preg, then they know what we r going thru. ;p

celtbaby, so sickening right. ask us go army.. really wonder if they can tahan the 9mths preg w backache, water retention, ms, sleepless night. and the longtime commitment in taking care of the child den completing the years NS. n not forgeting labor pain, its something not all man can even tahan! tsk..

looks like we have many experience mummy, with #1 so big already. confirm can take care of their younger siblings.

Diamantz, thanks for the information on SBI and OSCAR. I'll check out the price of SBI and OSCAR discount and see if it's worth it to get SBI purely for OSCAR discount since gynae not in SBI programme.

Re: 2 year age gap between #1 and #2
I hope that they can play with each other, close to each other. The closer they are in age gap, the closer they will be I suppose. I've seen children who play with same age group peers, with the young sibling tagging behind. The poor young sibling is like "ge bi cong", the elder one not really playing with him. Having said that, I didn't dare to have them to close together due to having to manage 2 small babies. As such, 2 year age gap seems the best to me.

anyway, i will be going for a family trip in end sept. (abt 13 wks by den) *cross finger* all my MS will go away, else i really dunno how to tahan the trip. =(((

Baby2013- worth it if u take up cord blood banking. Only a $100 discount for hospital stay. Btw if anyone is taking up cord blood banking with cord life, pls check if they have referral program. Last time referral and referee both get $50 voucher. Can ask for my IC#
happy.gif

Mrs Lee: ya, sickening thats y nowadays i will scold my dh if he so much as mention the words national svc.

What is the diff btwn oscars n triple test?

Serene, im sure everything will be smooth smooth for u
happy.gif
my oscars is next tues, cant wait!

serene, ya.. everything will be ok, dun worry.
happy.gif

karen, am going holiday year end too, go one more holiday before we're tied down w two kids. haha!! check w ya gynae, see if there's any mediciation for your trip. for the triple test, you took it before?

celtbaby, hahhaa!! sometimes man don get it. ignore them.

Oscar and Triple test, base on the readings and nurse explanation my guess is, oscar includes a scan that measure the bb nose, n neck. who knows you also get to know bb gender if youre lucky. Triple test its just drawing of blood, taken 15-17weeks.

Mrs Lee (jillz), it's my first pregnancy. I have not taken triple test before. But doc say he recommend me to take triple test since i am still young and family has no history of down syndrome.

So where are you heading to end of this year? I am going with my MIL, SIL to Taipei. =)

Karen, thats nice of your doc recommending triple test to help you save cost. cos oscar is more expensive. i only knew this triple test from my current gynae. Am oso heading Taiwan! hehe..

Oic, my gynae just asked me to take oscars leh, no mention abt triple test. But its k la, i will still take oscars, coz not so young already.. better chk everything. Hee.

Im also going for a family trip in dec, but will be to thailand
happy.gif

Morning all! I'm into week12 too, ms getting more manageable but I can't eat much still and have zero cravings for food.

Scloud, urs shd be morning sickness coz ms doesn't necessary puke. Feeling of puking is considered as ms too and it's a bad feeling. I've been thru it at week6-7. Hugs.

Went for oscars liao. Waiting for review next week. Does oscars result need so long to process?

Morning Mummies,
Hope your Long Weekend was filled with lotsa lotsa rest.

Diamantze: I think the Cord Life referral is still on. $50 meh? I thought was $100 discount? My cousin used referred by me got $100 and I received a $100 too. Mummies who are thinking of cord life should get referrals from mummies who have cordlife so that both parties can get discount. Its a win win situation. =)

Morning Sickness: For me #1 was smooth sailing. #2 on and off but more of afternoon and night sickness. Once in a while (not often) may merlion if the food intake is not suitable to baby taste buds. Just wondering any mummies have the metallic feeling on the tongue after food at times. I wonder if its pregnancy hormones playing up.

I only got $50 capitaland voucher! I thought oscars is immediate? But my memory is sketchy...I only remembered the 5 mth checkup cos my hubby was BUSY that time and couldn't accompany me... Btw what is the 5mth checkup call? I m getting v Bochup this pregnancy... Not reading up at all...

Oscars not immediate. They will take a week or so to call you to tell you the ratio.

I remembered i had to take 5 tubes of blood for test. I was so scared that I look at a blank wall the whole time the blood was flowing out. =)

Diamantz, I think it's called detailed scan? Oh dear, why mine need so long? I had scan and blood test done.

For oscars, do go with full bladder, apparently, it helps to make/force the baby to be in better position for scan.

only blood test needs time..usually NT scan is immediate..if you doing both, then need to wait to combine both results. u just need to ask the sonographer the brief result for the scan...ask bout nose bridge, neck measurement, fluid etc... usually they wont disclose so much and prefers u discuss with your gynae the results..but sometimes they will say abit..read up before you go for Oscar, so at least u noe wat questions to ask them to get immediate result on the spot.

http://www.babycenter.com.sg/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/scans/nuchalscan/

Michelle: which confinement tingkat have you decided to order from? We are considering Natal Essential cos no MSG. We also prefer to take care of the kids by ourselves. Tough but it's worth it. Jia you!

Blue swimmer crab: yes, I am SAHM though I work once a week when my mum is not working and can take care of my girl.

Wishy: take good care. Hope you get to see your Gynae soon. Hopefully your increase MS has nothing to do with the car accident.

Sbb: sounds like what I caught from my daughter about a month back. I got 11 ulcers in my mouth, throat and tongue. Doc said I got viral infection, some docs may also up-diagnosed as HFMD even though there's no rashes on the body. Cos it is just as infectious and danger to public. Take care of hygiene, don't share utensils and see doc ASAP to confirm if you have not.

looks like alot mummies here are reaching end of 1st trimester already.. i still have long way to go.. can't wait to get to 2nd trimester and feel better..

is it that oscar scan is meant for mummies who are over 30? for my #1 i only did the blood test but this time my gynae said that i need to go for oscar. the pricing really alot different...

Hi mummies, I am feeling so tired after lunch. Simply just feel like shutting my eyes and off to lala land. Gosh! =((( Anyone same as me now? Feeling so lethargic right after lunch.

Sunflower, she din chk for my bb's nose bridge during oscars leh..only neck.. I shd have read up before gg..will it affect results?

Jessi, the sonographer told me 30 considered high risk these days.

Diamantz, thanks for the info on SBI and cord blood banking. I did cord blood banking for #1. Not sure to do for #2 yet.

Re: OSCAR and Triple Test
If you're doing OSCAR, then no need to do triple test, hence the gynae won't mention both to you. I recalled doing Oscar and having to wait a week for the results.

Karen, I also want to sleep now! Why so much work?

Karen, me! I feel breathless and weak and very tired after almost every meal ;( will need to lie down immediately or sit and rest for at least 20mins to feel better

beanbean,

checking nose bridge very fast one, maybe the sono too fast? cos its just checking if the bb nose is sharp or flat.. usually if there is a sharp bridge, the chances of DS is quite low already.

for age 30, chances of having DS baby is 1:700..meaning out of 700 mummies, 1 will get it.

I feel better in the afternoons...

I think one week for the oscars result quite fast, my sis told me nowadays all the tests very fast. Last time she had to wait till very late then test for ds, then the result will take 4wks or more, by the time choy if no gd results baby oredi 5mths le...

blueswimmer,

yes but there is still a way for the sono to determine how flat it is..during the scan, u can actually ask the sono to tell u how to determine flat and bridge nose.. can see one..as well, if scan results are not optimal, thats why need to combine blood test to give the best results..

karen, i'm also feeling very sleepy.. trying hard to keep my eyes open. maybe sleep too much over the long weekend already. today also no mood to work..

beanbean, oic.. i didn't know over 30 is consider high risk already. i thought is 35 or 40 :p

karen, me!! am feeling lethagic anytime of the day. before lunch or moment i just woke up. hahah!! just wanna sleep, on weekends i will take a quick nap of 30mins while hubby entertain my girl. hahha!

yellow discharge, anyone experience these? i find my discharge is more than before preg. recently e discharge its quick thick and sticky.. isit due to something that i ate?

cordlife, i remmeber mine was $50 for both parties. did it for my girl in 2010.

Rgdg yellow discharge... I have it too. Mostly i will see it after i poo.... I got ask my gynae he say its normal. I think shd be fine as long as no itch n smell?

Back