(2013/02) March 2013

liling ya at Expo
happy.gif

Hi celt! I'm fine.. thanks. Still waiting for pregnant symptom to hit me. I feel safer that way. Lol. Going for my gynae visit to take blood test tmr. Week 5 for me.

Hi ladies!
Been a silent reader but here I am, back in e forum!

Saw my bb's heartbeat last week, I'm about 6+-7weeks today! No MS so far, nausea feeling set in only when I'm really tired. Otherwise I'm only eating a lil in e aftnn. Morning a big no-no! Then comes dinner & supper, I'm a glutton! Hehe
EDD ard 6 March 2013!

Thks beanbean and liling... Hope you ladies are doing well too.

Shan, don't worry, maybe you are the lucky 5% who will not experience symptoms/ms throughout your pregnancy ;)

Welcome Ain! My appetite also very weird, sometimes i think im very hungry, but when the food comes, i eat very little only. No nausea so far though....

So good to hear so many mummies visit to the gynae..
Mines next tue...
If u guys feeling nausea again, try "so ta biah", those kind of biscuit where our granny loves to eat dipping into coffee. Buy those whole grain healthy. It helps

Anyone here still breastfeeding ur #1 and plan to continue with tandem feeding?
My gynae advised me to wean off asap but my 13-mth girl is down with viral fever and wouldn't drink fm at all..
Feel so torn between the two
sad.gif

hi Nana mum

im like you, my gyane advised me to wean off asap, i m abt 7 wks expecting, and my baby 8 mths old, and my gynae advised me to stop breastfeeding. but over the weekend, my baby had fever, cough and vomit, both due to virus infection and teething, but i have to stop pump...luckily my baby can drink fm, as we have been letting baby try fm since 6mths old.

ya, like u, i also torn between two, but no choice.

i would like to continue tandem feeding, but i have been feeling tired, ....

Blessbaby,
My girl has been taking fm for a few months already.. I substitute it whenever I dont pump enough.. On normal days when she bo bian she would drink about 90-100ml.. But when shes not well, she screams when the teat touches her lips..
I stopped pumping totally over the weekend coz I was sick n my supply dwindled a lot.. Not engorged at all even when I didn't pump/latch for 24hr!! I thought something wrong with me until I tested positive then voila!!!! It's because I m pregnant!!! Haha
Now I can only hope that she will gradually wean off by herself when she realizes that there's not enough milk to satisfy her..

nana-mum & blessbaby:
i'm still breastfeed my gal but she's more on comfort sucking at night before sleep.
i think my gynae will ask me to wean her off asap since she's 2yo+.

Nana-mum, i have not pump for the past 48 hrs, and now is terrible pain...but need to endure...wonder if what is the recommended way to stop the supply, as i m suffering pain and at the same time, feeling tired..

nana mum, do u feel when u pump, does your milk looks different? i think after i got preggy, my milk quality looks more watery, wonder if this is normal....

blessbaby,

if u do not pump for the last 48hrs..once u started pumping, the first batch will be very diluted..quality of this diluted bm is no gd..they are foremilk..too much foremilk is not gd for bb.. u can try to massage each breast for 5mins before the pump , may help slightly.

Blessbaby,
The last bottle of milk that I pumped on Saturday night still looked like normal bm, watery below, creamy at the top after I left it in the fridge overnight.

I'm quite worried actually about whether the contractions of womb caused by latching on would have any negative effect on #2. I just latched my crying n feverish girl.. Now feeling abit cramped at lower abdomen..
Have any breastfeeding while pregnant mummies experienced this?

thanks Sunflower.

now i m not sure if i shd pump or just tahan the pain, as i also feel contractions on my womb when i pump, so i m not sure if is little one growing ok, or is just i think too much. so i dont know if i shd just tahan to be safe.

I also decided not to take risk ....
Think dye hair cannot lei ... Especially 2nd trimester ...
Ask gynae first better ..

Hi mummies,

Confirmed pregnancy last friday. Baby's edd is 13-march-13. Baby is 5 weeks, also not hb yet. Will be going back to gynae on 3rd August.

My #1 is showing so much interest in my tummy as I've been telling her so that she can be more careful when she plays with me.
happy.gif

I think ppl say no hair dye is due to the high ammonia smell that is not good to preggy woman. Some cautious mummy would skip & some would prefer to do those henna natural type of dye.. I personal think good to avoid but not a compulsory not to do..

Keeganation, am thinking of doing brazilian wax, maybe in 3rd trim before due, dunno can anot... Then 2nd trim maybe do bikini wax to neaten it abit....

Hey liling & celtbaby,

Ya do Brazilian during 3tri.. Can!I did that last time..
And in fact the gynae will use a blade & shave off right?
It's really clean & hygiene to do that

Ya actually i also wanted to know ur edd haha... my next scan is on the 30th July by then should be week7. Do you noe when u O? i O on CD14.

Dear all

I have a tube of used Clarins stretch mark control cream for sale.Use less than 3 times. Hardly use. Bought about 2 months ago. Its 200ml tube form. Original price is about $80++..am willing to let go at S$55..Anyone keen do PM me. Thanks!
7298901.jpg

7298902.jpg

blessbaby, you still pump but not as long. Reduce the duration and the supply will go down gradually. But if you're pregnant, and want it to go down fast, then do greater reduction.

I've heard of people not pumping, and fever. But only one case. Just be careful.

Piky, sorry dun understand O?

Blueswimmercrab, actually I started on the cream liao, prevention better than cure. N green tea contain caffeine, little a day is ok but not overdose. In fact shld cut down on caffeine when preggy

Hey liling & celtbaby & Kee,

My 1st one I went c-sec so before opt e nurse will use blade n powder to shave off slightly the top portion.

Tis round I may Brazilian during 3tri..before e nurse nt good hahaa

Blueswimmercrab - I use mustela stretch mark cream from the moment I know I'm preg, I find it useful for prevention, my #1 i got little stretch mark.

hello mtbs!

i'm another March 13 mtb! last thurs tested positive using hpt~~ yesterday feeling unwell so went GP and test positive too!

Will be going to the gynae next tues afternoon...

#1 for me and i'm so gancheong~~ based on iphone app, i'm approaching week 6 tml and EDD is Mar 15 2013!

Queenie

brazilian: i did that during 3rd trimester with my #1. and i agree, it does make you feel cleaner.

breastfeeding: am still breastfeeding my #1 who is 2 years old, been trying to get her to stop to no avail. tried all sorts of ways but she refuses.
sad.gif
if anyone has any solutions wrt this, i'm all ears!

keegenation, kkselena,

so early?! hehe.. i use stetch mark cream only 2nd tri onwards , also no stretch mark.. *CHOY*.. they say if have, will have no matter how much u put..dont have will not have, not sure if its true.

Haha sunflower, guess u r young... Skin elasticity still good..

Blueswimmercrab, gosh! All drink in your pantry a must no no! Think u go with water, or tabao sugarless soya bean..

Kkselena, ya think the lady or nurse will anyhow shave off, so better to do Brazilian ourselves

Welcome queenie!

I'm feeling so terrible every waking minute!!!

I heard it depends partly on genes whether one will have stretch marks or not. Intend to start moisturizing when my tum tum starts to itch.

Blueswimmercrab, green tea shd avoid! Like Keegeneration says, it's caffeinated! And it's liang! If die die must drink a bit, I will go for coke! Hahaha. Got some caffeine but not liang. Maybe u can consider bringing ur own bervage?

hi mummies.. have been silent reader and decided to say something abt brazilian. I have been doing brazilian wax every 5-8 weeks for four years including the 10months when i was pregnant with my #1.

Its safe for pregnancy and I love the clean feeling coz during pregnancy I rmb I had more discharge. And during confinement when I couldnt bathe. I encourage mummies to do it
happy.gif

Bean bean, totally agree, some ladies r born with good skin, so will not hv stretch mark. Just cross our fingers then

Does anyone love bubble tea here? This one hor hard to curb, u think the news past few mth with regds to the pearl will hurt us?

I ve a rather personal qns to ask, do you all still bd in the 1st trimester? Still in the mood? I seem to ve lost the mood. But feel bad for my dh....

Hi everyone. I m about 5weeks Peggy and the iPhone app says my edd is 20th mar. This is my second and my tummy is already bloated and it's going to be quite obvious soon. For my first, I didn't show till 3-4 mths ... Anyone's tummy showing already?

Bubble tea
I tot very liang and very fattening.. It's tea with milk. And it's cold. I think better not drink.

Celtbaby
I quite scare will hurt bb cos first trimester. And with the irritating MS, totally shut down my factory.

Hello all,

I've updated my details in the google spreadsheet~

Not much of discomfort for me these few weeks, except for erratic bowels~~ loose stools followed by 2 days of constipation~~ anyone else experience tt?

Tot tea is liang and cannot drink? I dun dare to drink leh...

Hubz dun dare to bd~ scared he hurt bb in the process

Back