(2013/02) March 2013

hi hi,

beanbean - yeah. most of the food i take so far can stay in. but for the past few days, i'll vomit in the afternoon - about 2-3 times. i try to eat what i can but it's very very little. like, about 2-3 tablespoons of rice plus a bit of vege.

today i feel exceptionally weak so i'm taking mc today. my first mc this year.

i cannot drink more than half a cup of fluid at any one time. too much and i'll vomit the rest out. i think my stomach has shrunk to the size of a walnut or something.

faith fu - i feel tired all the time! and i'm a teacher. i have to walk to various classes, stand up and perform in front of students etc etc. aiyooh. i wish i have a desk-bound job. at least, i wont exert so much energy. i've been sleeping by 9pm most days.

ain wayne - are u fasting? i'm trying to but i know that on some days when i cant take it, i just cant lor. but so far, so good. it doesnt make a difference whether i'm fasting or not anyway. i'm barely eating.
sad.gif

Hi Girls,

I have just updated my details in the spreadsheet. Thanks for setting it up. Sorry hasnt been active as the MS is making me superb moody and grouchy.

Been to gynae at 6th weeks, saw the heartbeat but unfortunately there is retroplacental bleeding. So now on medication 3 times a day and back for review on Saturday.

Seems like a few of you have told their boss. I have not told mine though a business trip is coming up. thinking of asking my gynae to come up with an excuse first to delay business trip. I dont feel like telling my boss till the reorg within the company is settled.. sigh

morning ladies, wah i dont good today..

got very bad MS..

seen gyane and hear HB.. edd change to 5 march 12

i cont drink my cold drink leh.. bubble tea i also drink.. waahaha... weather too hot cannot dont drink..
cold drink help my MS..

Welcome all mummies!

Morn ladies, I'm dying from ms soon, really hate it so much. I already 8 weeks, gota endure 4 more weeks.

Naddy,
I'm like u on my first pregnancy. I didn't take any single food, only ribena and 100plus. I puked more than 10times a day and landed in hospital. This pregnancy I learnt to eat small frequent meals. Cannot eat too full, else will puke. But I still feel super uncomfortable and still puke sometimes. So I eat and puke and eat again. At least it kept me well for an hour or so before the next eruption . No appetite also must force eat, will help u alot. Jiayou.

sunflower: same leh.. i can't take it too.. v jialat leh.. the ms come and feel like puke anywhere.. im into my 8 week this week...

i never encounter tis so serious for my #1.. sian ar...
im drinking ribena now....

gg oscar scan on 21 aug

Winnie
Ya especially when taking car ride. I sit in the car to puke. Hate ms so much! I really salute those with ms throughout their whole 10mth pregnancy.

sunflower, actually this ms is not as bad as my first one. my first one was the worst. my second one still bad but cannot compare to my first one. i couldnt take anything for my first one and every time i eat or drink even a sip of water, whatever that i've eaten will immediately come out plus dunno what other gastric juices and bile from the depths of my stomach will also come out. also landed in hospital for my first one.

this time round, i can eat very very small portions. and i can take sips of water. plain water makes me puke, though. but i'm afraid of taking too much sweetened drinks because i dont want to get gestational diabetes.

isn't there a cure for morning sickness???! is it because most of the scientists are men so they dont bother with things like morning sickness?

hi venus_mars! oh dear, poor thing. my coy just had a reorg so i can guess how u are feeling. i had to tell my boss, i couldn't think of an excuse for getting out of the biz trip, plus biz trip always involve alcohol, so its doubly hard for me. there may be another reorg coming up for my company though, so it sucks... =(

naddy,
i think both of us are the same! i dun think there is a cure? but maybe only can try not to worsen? i am still taking sweet stuff as its my best way to curb ms..my best friend now is sweet potato soup.. i think first tri is ok, wont kena GD ba..

for all ladies with MS, hang on there!

when i sit on my hubby car, i need to standby plastic.. sure puke...

last sat i can't plastic bag i no choice gonna use gen ziplock bag n puke..cant stand it..

been struggling to work

sunflower - i updated the google spreadsheet and realised that our due date and lmp are similar! and we're both living in woodlands.

i feel so weak and still must go see doctor to get mc. i want to ask the doctor later if it's okay to take gastric pills.

i wish that there's a way for us to split our maternity leave with our first trimester. i need one month off during the first trimester during the worst of my ms.

naddy,

ya just saw the spreadsheet, so coincidence
happy.gif
why dun u ask for hosp leave? in my last pregnancy, after i discharge, dr issued me 1 month hosp leave to stay at hm for MS..

i have updated the spreadsheet according to EDD, easier to view
happy.gif

hmm, i think probably no cure for morning sickness. coz western medicine needs people to take medication. how to take medication when you are preggy? i sniff tiger balm, hope that has no / little effect!

Ladies,

I take back my words on no MS! I juz puke my breakfast out~ and the feeling of puking is not subsiding!! lucky there's sour plum on my desk~~

last nite i slp halfway suddenly wanna puke n rush to toilet i puke out gastric juice is that consider morning sickness or i hungry that why will like that? Day time i only will feel nausea no puking.

morning sickness - hey ladies. the doctor gave me a liquid gastric medicine and a medicine called maxalon. she said that this maxalon will suppress 50-60% of the ms. i hope these work.

sunflower - i cant take so many days off. i have to teach. if i dont go to class, the person who takes over my class may be an inexperienced relief teacher. then my students will suffer.

i really really hope this is the peak of my ms. hopefully it will get better when i hit week 9.

and to all those with ms - just know that you are not alone. do you feel so tired after a vomiting episode? i feel like i'm sapped of all my energy and my knees will be shaking.

piky - i wake up about 2x a night to puke. it's most definitely part of the horrible ms.

horrible feeling~ Eat too full - puke; Empty stomach - puke also...

wah piang eh~ i think i need to shift my work desk to the toilet....

Sending my warm hugs to all u mummies!

Naddy, I'm not fasting. 1/2 day only. Cos by 2pm, I'll feel my body so weak I had to eat. Still too early in my preg, 1st one somemore, too precious.. Not an easy journey to start with. Allah knows best. Anyway how far along are you? I'm 8weeks! Edd ard 6th march.

queenie,
haha, yes, empty stomach puke, too full also puke..try to eat small frequent meal..

naddy,
this med so gd? but i realise vit B med worsen my MS, not sure if you gals taking vit B daily?

sunflower: yes~ now dun eat alot... but will get hungry easily lo..... aiyoh.. keep snacking in office~~

Chevy: I have preserved orange peel on my desk~ but sometimes it doesn't help... the feeling come without warnings~~~~~

afternoon mummies .. Had spotting yesterday and went to see gynae today .. Managed to see baby heartbeat at 6w3days.. Doc say spotting due to baby burrow and implant deeper ... Now on utrogestan 3 times a day .. Feel even more ms ... Next scan in 2 wks time ..

HJ rest well n take care..

now i got the bloated feeling again.. feel like puke again..tummy very full at the same times feel hungry also.. help me..

I too hope this is the peak of my ms/acid reflux/discomfort. Feeling hungry yet can't eat much. Terrible!

Gg for scan in 2days!

Hj, congrats on hearing the heartbeat! bed rest more if can.

When I feel bloated, it seems like if I were to drink gasy drinks, I tend to burp out and feel not so bloated. not sure if it works for u gals..

I was also not able to eat much last few days... Really feel sucks but today's appetite increased tremendously! Heck I just eat like normal.. So happy!

Queenie
I chose my hospital then the gyene.... My MS hadn't started... Usually when does it start... Kinda forgot though it was only 1.5yrs back ;)

I m feeling hungry all the time!

I am still so excited over the news...

hi all..

just tested positive at home. have yet to go to gynae for checkup.. should be about 5 weeks..
happy.gif
feeling a bit more uncomfortable than #1.. bleah.. hope it will pass!

blueswimmercrab : wow your biz trip involves alchohol, then i guess it is a must for you to say. My coy has been undergoing restructuring and been very "heartless" in asking people go in short notices. For me, though position seems safe but one will never know. But I doubt I can lie for long as my gynae strictly allows for no travelling as my placenta is bleeding.

For mummies that are having 2nd baby, do u guys have piles for your first bb? I read that piles during preg is very common. I have that for first pregnancy and it did not go away after giving birth (like what is mentioned on the website). Now 2nd pregnancy, it seems to be worse
sad.gif
Anyone has similar problems ?

Morning ladies,

Later going for 1st gynae checkup! So excited~~

blueswimmercrab: Gynae is recommended by my fren.... plus i also take into consideration the travel time needed to-fro his clinic and which hospital he can deliver..... U have not found a gynae?

morning ladies,

ms starting up.a lot of aversions have surfaced as well.

- can't smell cooking
- can't eat chicken
- can't drink chrysanthemum tea
- hates sweet stuff
- loves sour and spicy stuff ONLY
sad.gif

much better than 1st pregnancy though when I couldn't even eat a single thing *touch wood*

hope you girls are feeling much better than i am.

im feeling suck today.. today i feel bloated.. juz eaten my mee siam & i feel the hunger again...argh...

this morning, after i finish my cereal i puke out... i hate this feeling...

it making me uncomfortable leh..

i have been burping non stop... n make me wan to puke again..

hi venus_mars: yeah, it is the culture so i think everyone in hte trip will smell a rat if i refuse to drink. i hope both of us stay ok in our respective companies!

hi queenie, hm, i do have one, i am just wondering what else there is out there and whether the one i am seeing (only went for one visit) is the best for me. in terms of price, and comfort. my aunt has been scaring me by saying that most female gyane are less sympathetic compared to male gynae. especially the single ones.

i have another potential company trip coming up, and this one is to HK so it sounds quite fun. should i? it will be my 9th week if i go. what do you girls think?

venusmars - thankfully piles is not one of my problems. ms already cannot stand. what more if i have piles.

good luck in your company restructuring!

queenie - i choose kk because my first one was a bit problematic. i heard that those with problematic pregnancies/deliveries and seeing a gynae at other hospitals, may have trouble transferring their baby to kk's nicu (neonatal icu). of course we hope for the best for our babies but considering my history, i'd rather stick to kk.

my gynae is known to be no-nonsense and not the ones who will pamper you. but it's okay for me. i need someone who really knows what she's doing.

HJ - rest well.

sunflower - that maxalon + gastric medicine seem okay. i no longer feel bloated and havent vomited since i took it yesterday afternoon. i farted a lot though. (thank goodness i'm on mc now!) must be the body's way of getting rid of all the excess gas. but i still have the severe hunger pangs.

ladies with cravings -
that's good. at least you are eating!

winnie - hug hug. i know exactly how you are feeling.
sad.gif

blueswimmercrab - 8/9/10th week is normally the peak of morning sickness. u sure you can take it?

i was reading online to see how i can cope with the nausea. and i read that listening music can help because its something related to our inner ear. i tried it twice , yesterday noon and this morning. it really works.. im listening to soothing music in full blast..while i indulge into my work, and my MS just go into sleeping mode. not sure if it helps for u all, worth trying

hi naddy, is it?! oh i din know, so far i dun feel as bad. just not feeling like eating, and certain smells make me feel nausea. but is it safe for the baby? i am going for check up soon but i asked about travelling before, and my doctor was quite chill about it. just reminded me not to tire myself.

Hey Ladies, my gynae told me that if both sides of the families do not have history of diabetes, it is not likely for us to get gestational diabetes. Hee... coz i craved for soft drinks and the sight of plain water triggers my MS. I am at 8w3d now and think it is really the peak of MS. After food will puke, too hungry or too full also puke. My dh even had to stop his car at the roadside just for me to puke. really ultimate !

Winnie, where you going for your OSCAR? Mine is also on 21 Aug but at TMC.

blurbabe: im gg TMC also... i need to walk in leh.. cuz all fully booked and the nurse ask me walk in n wait..

my hubby never stop the car, and i juz puke it in a plastic bag.. hahaha...

im super duper peak of MS..now my tummy dont feel well like burning leh...

im also dying...

winnie, need to walk in? mine on 23rd leh, how later than urs
sad.gif
but its ok, later is better..

i think my peak is falling liao..puke lesser liao..when ms go slping, kinda worried ..when it comes hate it..

Hi Ladies,
I'm here to join the group. Been just reading through the postings and realised that there are also quite a few 2nd time mummies in this forum.

Someone was asking about Gynae? What I feel is most important is that you are comfortable with the gynae you are seeing. I used to have a gynae that was very transactional based, brush off all my questions and worries (this was when i was TTC for #1) that i switched. My Gynae now is female based in TMC. She's very experience and comforting. Very good for first time mummies i feel as she is able to answer all your questions. Only thing is long queue and you have to deliver in TMC.

After I found out about the little sac in my tummy I've been feeling so hungry all the time as well. So far I want to eat all the flavoursome food like, mee siam, pasta, curry... jiat lat.

Hi ladies, I'm intending to do oscars too. Know it can be carried out from 11-14week. Is there a better week to go? Think will book appt tml.

I'm still struggling at the thought of food. No food pleases me these days
sad.gif
super dislike this feel.

Winnie, you can book through your gynae so no need to walk in and waste time waiting. I just book yesterday only and i manage to get the slot only because someone cancelled. My appt is 2.30pm.

Sunflower, are you on leave at hm? *envy envy* Coz slp is the only way to relief MS and can't find chance to *eat snake* when in the office. Can only do the jogging exercise of running to the toilet.

Piky, done my scan today... Edd should be 17mar.. When's your scan?
Can hear heart beat but too soft..

Poor all mummies with Serious MS... Buy ginger slice & put it in your hang bag...

Back