(2013/02) Feb 2013

HI everyone, my MS had been very bad as I stated before.

Last night, my hubby cook Si Shen Soup for me the second time. And surprisingly, I did not vomit till now. I hope today will be non-vomit day for me.

You all should give it a try.

Buy the pre-packed from NTUC and boil it with lean meat.

Bb_Gen, hope u are feeling better today.. do take care..

I dunno is it bcoz of the beef noodles i had yest but am feelin sooo much better today.. not as bloated or nauseous.. had a super craving for Geylang Lor 9 beef hor fun yesterday...hahahah

Lucas - thanks for the infor
happy.gif

Hi Jasline, thanks for the tip but sian I personally can't try as the smell and taste of pork and chicken makes me vomit
sad.gif
can boil with just vegetables?

i tried eating dry biscuits in the morning as recommended when I wake. But when I vomit, still only acid comes up and burns my throat. any one knows how to prevent this?

been feeling really xin ku since morning i wake up.. feel like vomiting but nothing could come out..having a little cramp & feeling super tired..

having a hard time to go toilet cos constipation.. & keep feel like going to the toilet to pee.. seem like everything is hitting on mi together..

Lynette - maybe try eating sm plain biscuits? Constipation can try taking prune juice.. take care..

Twinkie - try taking sm hot drinks as well to settle the tummy? maybe might help..

babydino: i throw up hot drinks / warm water also. i think liquid doesnt agree with me but I still force myself to drink cos my lips keep peeling n feel dehydrated.

jasline: means jus boil with whatever is in the prepacket? is the smell strong? cos can't stomach food with strong odour.

How to get relief frm MS

Eat small, frequent meals and snacks throughout the day so your stomach is never empty. Some women find that carbohydrates are most appealing when they feel nauseated, but one small study found that high-protein foods were more likely to ease symptoms.

Keep simple snacks, such as crackers, by your bed. When you first wake up, nibble a few crackers and then rest for 20 to 30 minutes before getting up. Snacking on crackers may also help you feel better if you wake up nauseated in the middle of the night.

By the way, getting up slowly in the morning – sitting on the bed for a few minutes rather than jumping right up – may also be helpful.

Try to avoid foods and smells that trigger your nausea. If that seems like almost everything, it's okay to eat the few things that do appeal to you for this part of your pregnancy, even if they don't add up to a perfectly balanced diet.

It might also help to stick to bland foods. Also try to eat food cold or at room temperature, because food tends to have a stronger aroma when it's hot.

Avoid fatty foods, which take longer to digest. Also steer clear of rich, spicy, acidic, and fried foods, which can irritate your digestive system.

Try drinking fluids mostly between meals. And don't drink so much at one time that your stomach feels full, as that will make you less hungry for food. A good strategy is to sip fluids frequently throughout the day. You might find cold, carbonated beverages easiest to keep down.

Aim to drink about a quart and a half altogether. If you've been vomiting a lot, try a sports drink that contains glucose, salt, and potassium to replace lost electrolytes.

Watch for non-food triggers, too. A warm or stuffy room, the smell of heavy perfume, a car ride, or even certain visual stimuli, like flickering lights, might set you off. Avoidance of triggers can become an important part of your treatment.

Nausea can become worse if you're tired, so give yourself time to relax and take naps if you can. Watching a movie (preferably not one about food!) or visiting with a friend can help relieve stress and take your mind off your discomfort.

Try taking your prenatal vitamins with food or just before bed. You might also want to ask your healthcare provider whether you can switch to a prenatal vitamin with a low dose of iron or no iron for the first trimester, since this mineral can be hard on your digestive system.

Try ginger, an alternative remedy thought to settle the stomach and help quell queasiness. See if you can find ginger ale made with real ginger. (Most supermarket ginger ales aren't.) Grate some fresh ginger into hot water to make ginger tea, or see if ginger candies or crystallized ginger helps.

---- taken frm babycentre.com

twinkle joy: yes. just boil with water and add salt for taste if you like. I personally find Si Shen very soothing and not heavy in taste. It's the kind of mild soup we give older infant as it helps to improve digestion and spleen function.

So far it works for me. But fingers crossed as pregnant body changes everyday.

i heard before to avoid herbal soup too. But I really like Si Shen and my friend recommended (her MS is through out the 9m and 7-8 times of vomiting a day). Therefore, I dare to try and it works.

Can try to ask the medical hall (they sell the pre-pack too) again as Si Shen should be mild cause even infant cereal has Si Shen flavor.

I heard heavy herbal soup like dangui must be avoided though.

Hi all, how r u gals feeling?
Any of u have super sensitive nose nowadays?
I can't stand certain smells nowadays- everything seems awful even shower gel

Re: confinement lady
thinking of getting one but fear good ones dun wanna take up cny assigment. i guess worst case scenario will ask MIL to take care bb then i get confinement catering food.

Re;cough
i'm down w phelgm cough. any natural remedy to recommend? i think no pt seeing GP, cos they will either not give any med or give children med which takes ages to clear.. i read online that one can take manuku honey + lemon. has anyone tried that? Care to share?

Ann, same here. I changed my shower gel immediately to stuff that is more floral which I prefer now.

I can't stand hawker smoke. Have been avoiding as during my first pregnancy, I couldn't control and vomit instantaneously at the hawker centre.

Kimberly, I have been using boiled coconut juice to treat everyone in my family with cough. But I am not sure if can be drank during pregnancy. Guess you need to see your gynae for the cough syrup.

Jasline, I still could not find one that I like. Now when I shower, have to hold my breath n when hubby comes near me, I will shoo him away. Feel so bad

Hi ladies.. Saw my baby's heartbeat today
happy.gif
so cute.. Scan shows that I'm 7wk 2days today.. Edd: 12th feb..

A quick question, can we drink coke? Haven't had a sip of coke in almost 2 months.. Craving for one now..

Update...

Took the report back for my first blood test and confirm I am pregnant.

With my result show am 1778 HCG and am about 4 to 5 weeks old.

I do hope that the first scan the beanie is only in his/her early 4 weeks old maybe we are unable to find beanie.

I have been treating beanie well with salmon (cook) not once but twice just to hope that in return he/she will show face to us in the next scan on Monday.

Its really been a hard time not thinking about the beanie.

Today I took another blood test to see the next HCG.

I will update again once I have my result.

Yes I shoo my hb away after his bath too. I can't stand my elder girl's shampoo either and have to refrain from kissing her hair.

Mommies with an older kid, can share ur childcare arrangement? Considering putting my girl in cc next yr but rather 'she bu de'. Yet when younger one comes, I dont think I can cope. Do ur kids do well in cc ?

fishoutofwater, my #1 is 2 1/2 y/o and I'm putting him to CC starting December 2012 so that I can take care of #2 by Feb 13.
I guess this is the best solution.... unless you have a trusty maid or MIL/Mother willing to take care of 2 for u... which is very taxing.

My #1 is currently in playgroup so I guess he can cope well in CC ba. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Jebunny, same! My girl is almost 2.5 yrs n in playgroup now. I wk part time to spend more time w her but sad to say, since I became preggy, I hv been sending her away to MIL's as I really cannot cope with e symptoms.
MIL stays faraway so next yr, we'd hv to put her in cc. Hv selected one downstairs, non aircon, hopefully less virus. Yours? Now u look after her urself?

I'm a WM, currently MIL is taking care of #1. I dont trust maids so if I can help it, I'm not engaging one.
I have registered my son at 2 nearby CC. Seems like CC nowadays have long waiting list. One is at HDB void deck, which I have to wait until next year July for slot. Another one is at Private Housing, can enrol him in December straight.

Personally I prefer the one in void deck...

After preggy, I, too, can't spend too much time with #1 as I constantly fighting for time to get sleep. Yawnz.

My MIL is taking care of 4 right now with another newborn gg her place soon! Super, rite? Our baby next yr will also hv to go to her so we really think its time for #1 to move out. Kinda ironic that I 生多一个来陪她but in e end, she gotta make way in different areas for #2.
I can't keep up w her energy level anymore, battling my headaches n nausea n entertaining her is just too taxing! I salute u mommies who can carry on w full time work!

Jerbunny, at first I think those in void decks are not so clean but now, I think they r actually better cos non aircon n moreover, ppl can look in n keep an eye on what's happening inside.

Christy, congrats on your first hcg test result. I do think your first scan is cos beanie is too small to b seen. I understand we can nvr stop thinking n worrying. I wish u all the best to your next hcg level result n also to your next scan
happy.gif

Christy,

I'm a silent reader but I went through something similar to you. First scan nothing, did blood tests and HCG levels were rising. By next week we managed to finally see the sac. So don't be discouraged, there is still hope.

Hi fishoutofwater, my DS has been attending CC since he was 17 mths coz nobody can take care of him while we are at work and i plan to send number 2 to infant care as well after ML. so far DS coping well and have improved alot in sch
happy.gif

Sometimes i wish that i can be stay home mum so that i wont miss out on any of their growing up moments ...

fish,
bu she de also must put else when #2 out then u put even more cham. now at least u can still focus all on her then let him/ her settle well in cc env.

My #1 is 2plus coming 3 end of this yr. i put her in cc when she was 18 mo. She cried miserably for 2.5 weeks & super tacky to me even at home for fear i will abandon her then all became fine. Was really a tramatised exp for her as we change home env & put her in cc all happening at the same period of time.

Hi girls, was having terrible ms yesterday so brought forward my gynae visit from tis sat to yesterday...still cannot detect heartbeat but other than tat, everything looks normal and positive, beanie estimated to be bout 6wk + Gynae gave me 3 days mc but Im at work today cos paiseh to always have my colleague cover me. Plus I still havent told my bosses yet so better show face at work in case they think otherwise...

Gynae prescribed me with folic acid, duphaston, Primperan...next visit is 21july..happy w my gynae. thot he was detailed n patient and quite funny during our discussion.

Its our family gynae...k c ching clinic for women..he has clinics at Mt A and Mt E...most likely i will choose to deliver at Mt A cos its more afforable n nearer to my home.

3 of my cousins have their pregnancies (total 5) handled by him. And all gave him the thumbs up in terms of expertise and professionalism.

Yes he was very comforting and reassuring..but also doesnt paint a la la picture...tells u e facts bout pregnancy but also in a fatherly approachable manner. My husband was impressed as dr ching answered all his queries professionally.

ha i woke up at 3.15am last night ...and finally decide not to stay in bed wide awake and came out to eat some biscuits.

hi would anyone know :
for a gynae in pte practise... how often does the detail scan and other test needs to be done in say tmc or mt a?

Hi Welyn n Kimberly,

Thks for sharing! Do u find that they learn more gg to sch than to relative's? Was e falling sick rate v high in e beginning?
I started my girl's life w infantcare but she just kept falling sick till hospitalised. In e end we withdrew her after 6 mths. Now hopefully she will do well in cc now that she's older.
The cc I looking at will only take in new class next Jan so she has one mth to settle in b4 baby comes.

Does anyone knows whether KKH does trans-abdominal or trans-vaginal scan at Week 6? I heard from the nurse that it will be trans-abdominal but someone told me it will be trans-vaginal.

fish,
def learn more in sch, thou also kena illness (HFMD) & bully by friend (bite by classmate), haha. but she is till very keen to go sch everyday. i find she is better off in sch than at hm. At hm, she usually ask me to switch on cartoon for her to watch, better off u think?? In sch at least they can do colouring, art work, dance, sing together & be more independent (self feeding). Toddler this age needs constant activities to keep them entertained. u think maid & parents can do that? I myself ran out of activities at hm to keep her entertained so like to bring her ourtdoor instead. haha.. for my gal, falling sick rate abt the same, u can try to booast her immune a few mth b4 u let her enter pre-sch. Take multi-vit for eg.

fall sick till hospitalised. that sounds serious. i was still thinking of putting #2 in infant care cos now employ maid very ex, comparable to infant subsidied rate. & also cos i'm running out of space at home to squeeze in a maid & a newborn.. haiz. hopefully ur gal can settle within a mth. can't enrol earlier? cc at ur void deck, izzit pcf or sparletots?

blurbabe,
1st few scans will be thru vaginal. i had a shock of my life when i 1st do a trans-vag scan.. haha

Back