(2013/02) Feb 2013

Dear Mummies and mummies to be,

I am from Jan 13 thread but recent scan shown that my EDD will be 2 Feb 13 instead...duhh~~~ i have been following this thread and feel that its more interesting and decided to appear to say hello to all:) This is my #02 pregnancy and I have a lovely 3yo gal. Congrats to mummies with gd scan results and those with twins or multiple births...For those who have not see their beanie yet..freak not u will see it soon.. Let's jia you together!!! This 2nd preg a bit different from my 1st as i experienced spotting and quite worry but my Gynae assured me my bb is ok..am on Utrogestan now.. so praying hard that everyone will have a smooth trimesters ahead...

Cheers!!!

blurbabe: my gynae informed that he will do an abdominal scan to see if can detect the sac first. if cant, then will proceed with transvaginal.

blurbabe,
not pain. just that i wasn't told b4 hand & i thou usually scan is thru tummy mah. not prepared i shd say.

Hi Kimberly

I also like her to go to sch n learn more than to shake legs w her cousins at gran's everyday. Does ur kid pick up bad habits fr e kids at cc? Cos mine has picked up quite a few fr her cousins!
When she was at infantc, her sickness started off as a normal flu. Then it got more n more serious, turned into bronchitis n had to be hospitalised. I dunno was it e aircon or they didn't take gd care of her. The other kids were fine though so maybe just my princess not meant for infantc. Her immune system was really low cos she went in at 4 mths? But if u really no choice, wat to do? Maids also no guarantee they r sane.
I stayed in tmc twice w her n plus my own recent hospitalisation, 4x liao so now itching to go Mt A deliver instead for a chg.

fish,

My boy did get sick initally ,as in the normal runny nose and occasional cough.But ever since i started him on colostrum and proceeded to probiotics when he got older,he got well and strong .Actually having occasional flu bug or slight cough helps build up their immune system in a way .My boy is a super fussy eater at home! but in sch,he finishes evrything! his teacher will whatsapp me his eating pics etc as 'prove' and she will also whatsapp me as n when they are doing activities haha .So im more at ease ..

Academic wise, i can say he really improved alot in the current sch
happy.gif
Hope all these can help u feel more at ease !

For cough and flu in toddler, you may try multi vits, Vit C and colostrum. My gal has them daily and so far *touchwood* for 1 mth no cough and flu...she used to get them every 2 weeks. I also brought her to TCM tuina weekly and it helps alot..even if she caught cough or flu, recovery ard 1-2days.

Hi twinkle! Welcome to this thread! Do rest more if you can and hopefully the spotting will stop.

Take care! Feel free to just jump right in to our conversation!

Fish, I totally understand how you feel.. My boy is 18 months now, the school I want to send him to only accepts from 30 months onwards (which means end June 2013 for him).. I contemplated sending him to another school that would take him in earlier, but being a SAHM, I really can't bear, plus finances will be strained.. So I'm screwed for the first 5 months or so after #2 is born, gotta handle two on my own... Wish me luck!

But logically, minus the emotional attachment and if your finances allow it, the advice i got from my friends is to send #1 to CC ASAP. Reason being your kid needs time to adapt both emotionally and physically, ESP to build up his immunity. If you send #1 in just before #2 is born, he most likely will fall sick a lot and you will have a sick kid + new born to look after.. Worse if #1 pass the virus to the new born.

Then again, many good and affordable CCs have long waiting list and you may not be able to enrol now even if you want to. But if you're not fussy, start calling up as many CCs as possible to check for vacancy and put yourself on wait list if no vacancy. Tell them you're pregnant and desperate, may have chance of being bumped up the queue.

But be warned that sending to CC may also have its problems.. Academically no doubt sending to school they learn more things and faster.. But at this age, academics is really not my priority.. My boy still can't talk but I don't really care, I'm sure he'll catch up eventually.. My friends relate to me how their originally happy-going kids become withdrawn and clingy after going to CCs.. And when they have #2, some of their #1 start to scream and cry every morning and refuse to go to school, wanting to stay at home with mummy and baby.. Of course, there are kids who adapt perfecty fine without much trouble.. But being a sahm, it has been just me and my boy together since the day he was born, we have never been separated for more than half a day, I really can't bear putting him through any separation anxiety and I don't want him to feel I'm abandoning him at CC in favour of the baby.. So I'm choosing to keep him around, and hopefully my kids will build up some sibling love (without driving me crazy)..

Dear Ying

I dunno how u are gg to cope with two. My girl goes to playgroup now but I can't imagine how I gonna send her, fetch her after two hrs n lug a newborn along. Hence my best solution is to put her in cc so only need to pick her in e evening n Lao gong can walk her there in e mOrn.
The cc I hv chosen for her also takes in fr 30 mths onwards (are we talking abt the same place? Haha!) I like it cos it is just two blks away! n it seems orderly n generally alright. I hv already spoken to e ic. n she saw how haggard I look so I think I hv scored some sympathy points? Heehee...
Registration starts next week for next yr's intake so I hv been thinkin abt it these days. The older they get, the more activities they need to keep them occupied. I guess we dun hv much choice.
I saw in the news today, again discussion on declining birth rate. Nobody to help to take care n so expensive, how to hv more kids? Not forgetting we are not subsidised when we end up in hospital due to excessive vomitting... (that was wat happened to me.)

Fish,

Yes, 3 hourly playgroups / kindy are a hassle to drop off and fetch, if we have a newborn to look after. But full day CCs cost a bomb for SAHMs who do not qualify for subsidies. Indeed, I am so annoyed by the news of declining birth rates, totally miss the point.. I also want to have more kids, but how to afford? If having more kids means I must go back to work and can't spend time with my kids, then have more kids for what? And don't even get me started on medical bills.. Sigh.

Hey, the school I wanna send my boy also registration next week! I'm registering him for OLSS.. Which school are you looking at? If our kids go to the same school, it'll be totally awesome!

Hahaha I am still laughing. Imagine ur kid gets bullied in sch n the bully is actually my girl, hahaha!
I hv an advantage over u in that my girl hits 30 mths in Aug this yr so she can make it in before urs. Hahaha when u said they only accept fr 30 mths onwards, I alr suspected cos most places take in fr 18 mths.
Fees are affordable too, even for non WM, dont u agree? I won't be subsidised either as I only work part time.

<font color="0077aa">morning ladies!!

I MIA for a while bcos we had 2 friends over for holiday.
Were showing them around. I'm still a walking zombie though they hv left for 2 days alr. *_*

This morning I got my first MS puke!
Terrible!! I never puke once at all for my #1 lor.
Hope this is not the start of a series of puking!!
sad.gif

Ying:
I share the same sentiments!
I contemplated to send my boy to sch. They take in at 24 mths.
My boy is currently 20mths, doesn't really talk too yet.
Only making alot of funny sounds &amp; repeat aft me sometimes.
Anyway, I also feel bu she de to send him in bcos SAHM la, spend too much time with the kiddos alr!! Lol
&amp; for my case, if we send him in oct, then 3 mths later we hv to stop again to be back in SG for baby, seems too much of trouble.
On the other hand, I'm concerned too if we only enroll him aft bb born, he may be upset &amp; feel unwanted.
This happens to my fren. Her dd took awhile to get used to sch.
But I guess for me, I should be taking the 2nd option.
First few mths gotta handle 2 kiddos myself.
Thereafter enroll #1 for those 3hr playgrp.
Not planning for full day care since I'm a SAHM &amp; also to reduced any separation anxiety from both of us. Lol

</font>

morning mummies!!!

Thks Miracle for the warm welcome
happy.gif
I am feeling better and spotting has stopped thk God。。。

Vit and Colostrum - i bought from iherb or GNC brand is Childlife..Vits i got those liquid flavor type and colostrum comes in powder form where u can add to the milk and feed once a day.

Morning Sickness - The preg my MS very mild initially in week 7 quite freq bout of nausea ad vomitting but now at 8 plus weeks i just feel fatigue and indigestion..nausea only minimal..but i do fear if bb is ok as like suddenly i dun feel so sick..

CL - i haven engaged any yet coz tot to cfm after pass 1st trim at least bah...

CC - my gal is in those 2 hrs playgrp and due to #2 on the way, no choice have to place her in cc next yr Jan..feeling kinda sorry for my gal though as i do want to keep her with me but i cannot cope..

Fish, yes! OLSS is one of the most affordable CC in Yishun.. We must stay pretty nearby! I stay near GV, so still gotta cross the road and walk past YTSS to get there. Kidsville is nearer for me, but slightly more ex, plus they have waiting list. Let's register our kids there. Next time our small one can go play date after we drop #1 off!
happy.gif

hi all, finally found some time to log in on off day.. have been a silent reader using iphone as i cldnt use internet during working hours..

I'm feeling miserable all day long.. this is much worse than my #1..

Hi everyone...

How's everybody?
Looks like its gg to be peak for those who are hving MS right now.

A small update...
I was made to rest during the past few days after I had a mini episode of reddish discharge.
Maybe its due to strain over last Thur till Sun.
Been gg out with friends for makan and shopping and did a little housework on Sun.

Finally on Monday, some reddish dc came.
'Flew' down to clinic, had a jab and a scan.
Babies are still there with good heart beats and couldn't find any bleeding point. We think it shd be due to the strain.

Dr oso upz my progesterone support to 6tabs per day and feeling drowsy all day long.

Guess now I could only rest more than anything else. Can't even make fried rice as I feel breathless after frying it.

Miracle,
Congrats on hearing those heartbeats.
Sometime I hv to remind myself to take extra precautions cos we are carrying more than one.
Pls do take good care and rest more if u can.

Christy,
Yr 1st BHcg sound like a good value for a 4-5wk. How's the 2nd reading? U will see yr little beanie soon!

I heard abt the 4 shen soup, heard its good too. Prob will starting making it soon, hee...

I need some time to read all the posts that I've missed
happy.gif

Morning ladies,
TGIF!
today i started using belly belt. arh, so much comfortable. yday has tummy pain cos i think my pant is too tight when i sat dw.. jeans pushing against tummy. oops

Fish,
i gave my gal childlife colostrum, which local GNC carry but very ex. think $70plus, but if u get from oversea BP, it cost $20+ after shipping. What a big difference. I bou too many from last spree scared cannot finish by expiry date. Do u want to buy 1 from me? $20. Expiry mid 2013. PM me.

welyn,
wow ur boy still can finish food in sch while fussy at hm. mayb scared of teacher.. teacher told me my gal refused to take veg in sch even scoop her veg to friend's bowl. *faint*

Re; news on declining birth rate
do you think we will get longer paid ML??

DHM - good to see u back.. pls pls take good care of urself... dun overexert yar...

Kimberly - whr did u get the belly belt from?

hi dino, ok i will add you instead..sigh stupid co blocked FB!! i have to use iphone to FB zz..

Kimberly, yup he spit out veg n meat initially and took his own sweet time doing that.but recently he started to accept and ask for 2nd helping! hahaha.. wow,i hope we all get longer ML!
Can share what belt is that you are using?

babydino, welyn,
google "belly belt" &amp; u can find. aust prod. Help to widen jeans but need longer top to cover. hopefully then i do not need to buy maternity jeans

HI all! Wah this thread moves v fast - by my standards. May I join the FB group too? Perhaps easier to keep up there, and easier for me to remember who is who with pix! My email add is [email protected]

TIA!

Christy, think positive - stay strong. All the best, hope you can see more of beanie next time!

For mothers thinking of putting their kids in CC. Well, I put my no.1 in when she was around 19mos. Just neighborhood one. Initially settled in well but later she hated it. Teachers were the old school, shouting type. Plus I observed them quite a bit on my days off and realized that there were not many activities for the kids. I think the CC not suitable for her. She lost her confidence, cried very badly when I dropped her off - clung to me like a koala which she had never done before. Found another school for her, took her out of her old CC for one month and spent time with her. When she went to her new school this year, very happy. So, I encourage you to send your older kid to school, but do try to find one suitable for your child.

Yes yes, I will.
Told Dr that I'm stressed and he said, 'Well, this is what I wtd, right?' -_-|||
Now I'm a couch potato.

Think I need a belly belt now, haha!
Think my tummy is stretching these few days, started to feel itchy all over. So is my bust and back area. Everyday ask my DH, is that my bump or tummy?

Longer ML.. Hmmm, hopefully so.
Declining birth rate-
I feel that the govt has neglected those who r trying real hard to get baby. Financial support for those who really wtd to hv babies is very limited. A lot of companies dun support medical costs involving in 'fertility related' issue.
To seek treatment in govt hospital is alw long Q and I feel quite inconsistent. U only get to know yr scan report after Dr consultation which take another few weeks or so.
To go private, not only we are better taken care of and its expensive. Most often or not, we hv to fork out our own $$ to seek treatment. Sigh...
Sorry, I need to rant abit, heehee...

congrats DHM~~ triplet~~

i also hope for longer ML~~ my DH said last nite.. they wanna review.. better review fast.. dun wait till my baby come out leh.. then say.. not valid.. cos my #1 come out that time.. only 2 month ML. no baby bonus~~

Back