(2013/01) Jan 2013

Aspialle,

I have step down transformer at home, the model required only 100 watt.

Yes , it is cheap compare to local price.

Tnqhome
My hubby is engineer, he don't let me buy due to voltage diff , told him abt the transformer but he is not open to that. When will u receive? Can let me know if its working well with transformer when u receive? Thanks

Novita:

Customer Care Centre8 Tagore Drive #04-00 Singapore 787624Operating HoursMon-Fri, 0845 - 1230hrs, 1330 - 1745hrsTelephone (+65) 6552 1023Fax (+65) 6553 0890Email [email protected]

Check out their website for products first...we bought the air sterilizer nas6000. They had 2types of prom on it - bundle deal or buy one get free filter replacement

I have no choice since I couldn't get stock in Singapore, was thinking at least I got something after a week of waiting. Also due to the price, think worth to get it from US.

Me n my colleague bought together, will review after I receive it.

Hi gals, anyone using baby cubes here? It was 6 yrs ago when I used it. Forget the steps to defrost after taking out, just pour out and steam is it?

Aspialle,
I use baby cubes too. I will cut and steam the food first, then puree, then store into the cubes n freeze. When I need to use it, will just defrost puree by placing in hot water thn add to cereal or porridge.

For those who started giving semi solid can share what u have started giving ? Was hesitating in giving apple / orange juice for a start as they r more acidic n sour... Heard that barley contain gluten so have to wait for bb to turn 7 mths onwards before giving..

Dear mummies,

Anyone keen to have baby/family shoot at Baby U studio? Am short of 2 mummies to form 10 pax to get 20% off packages. Anyone keen is to transfer $50 as deposit to me by 30 Jun, then you may go and book the date and time with them on your own. Msg me (not WA) me at 98158556 if keen.

i am feeding my baby both bm and formula. she is reaching 6mths next month and I am thinking if i should change brand. feeding her dumex mamail gold H.A.

which brand are you mothers feeding and why did you choose/recommend that?

thanks
happy.gif

Hi jaslyn
U can try subscribing to the different clubs online. They'll send u free sample to try (1 small tin)
Nestlé baby
Dumex
Wyeth etc
They even send u sample for mums and follow up with phone calls at each major stage of development for your kid to send u more samples...
It's a way of trying out and seeing which one suits bb better...

Tried giving baby Heinz rice cereal with milk powder for the first time, he don't want to eat.. Dun seems interested. He will turn 6 mths in July

aspialle > Though I have yet to start mine on solid, I hear that ideally, to start with pear first then move on to apple and orange. Surprisingly, I was told by my PD's nurse that acidic fruits will trigger phlegm. Yup, cannot give barley too early.

Jaslyn > I should be trying out similac next month as it is recommended by my PD. Although it is more expensive, it seems to have more nutrients than the others.

Erm.. I emailed Wyeth for sample and no one get back to me. Perhaps you can try asking your PD's clinic for samples to try out?

aspialle > Perhaps he is not used to the texture and taste? Try few more times to see his reaction? Else switch to other brands of cereal? I will probably wait till mine turns 7 or 8 months before starting on solids.

Jaslyn > Hmm..Think different babies react differently. Similac seems ok for my #1, so will try that for #2 and see how it goes.. Also heard some babies 'find' NAN Pro heath...

Xinyue
Last time my no1 grew teeth at 4 mths and eager to eat cereal. My no2 started teething but yet to see any teeth... If no teeth v hard to eat ... Think have to start with very smooth cereal... For porridge maybe at 7 mths..

Aspialle > I see.. yup, have to start with smooth cereal.. I meant, I probably start to feed cereal to #2 at around 7 or 8 months old..

How's your maid so far?

Today my mil came, brought 2 sis in law kids. I welcome but they went into bb room to see baby. Next mil carried bb out to living room. Only then I hear one of kids coughing n sneezing.....if they are sick, why bring them to see baby and also bring bb out near to them!!!

Hi all

Anybody buy the fresh brown rice powder from chinese medical hall? Any recommendations where to get? Heard that it is better to homemade brown rice.

Hi jacelyn,

I know a place in pasir ris its a chinese medical hall they selling brown rice with shi sheng and ikan billis.. The say they make themselves and is for baby 4 mths onwards.. I will be gg to try getting from them the next time i visit them... FYI this chinese med hall they are selling cheap milk powder and pampers... Let me know if you are interested than i will let you knw the exact addresss...

Hi jacelyn,
The one I mentioned is at Pasir Ris Blk 735 st 72 #01-306... I am not sure if tampines have any Chinese med hall selling but you can try ask them..
Btw, how old is your baby?

Hi mummies,

Any of your baby likes to sleep facing down? Ever since my girl knows how to flip, she likes to sleep on her tummy.

I am a SAHM, would like to know what is other SAHM daily schedule with your baby, like how long they stay awake after her feed, her nap duration? How many feed per day?

My girl is having 4 feed per day, 10, 2.30, 7, 11.30.
I will make her stay awake for 1.5-2 hours before letting her go back to nap. She can sleeps like 3-4 hours during nap time if I dun wake her up, so I will wake her up after 2 hours, sometimes 3.

May I know will you wake your baby if she sleeps too long or just let her sleep?

Sorry for asking so many questions, will appreciate your reply. Thank you.

Thanks whitebaites! My boy is just full 6 months. My fren recommends Tech Chong medical hall at blk 2, lorong lew lian #01-40. It is a bit far for me to get there.

Btw, he loves crawling now , cant sit priperly yet...

Hi chui YI,
I am a sahm too :)
Ok I will have 5 feeding per day the timing is about 10am, 1pm, 4pm, 7pm and about 11-1130pm... My baby will usually stay awake for about 1.5-3 hrs depending on her mood.. Usually about 1.5 hrs she will feel like slping again but sometimes she is watching her sister jumping around or watching tv so will drag longer.. My bb is 41/2 mths and she is drinking 120ml ... I find that she is drinking too little?
Btw, how old is your baby and how much is she drinking now?

Wow jacelyn, 6 mths crawling is consider fast? My baby is 41/2 mths now learning to flip but unsuccessful yet hahaha..
I find that she is too small size that's why wanted
To start her on brown rice.. I heard brown rice can make the baby strong and fat?

Chui Yi
I will not let bb overslp their feeding time, if slp too long a stretch then he will wake up middle of the night.

Usually he can slp thru nite. His feed is 6am, 9 am, 12 or 1 pm, 4pm, 7pm and last feed around 11 pm

Hi whitesbaites,

My girl will start to feel sleepy after 1hr, so I will try to keep her awake by putting her on the playing mat, let the toys and songs to entertain her. I am alone at home and this is my 1st child, so no one else to keep her company or play with her, so it is very tiring to play with her for 1.5-2 hours before putting
her back to nap.

She is 6 months now, drinking 190-210ml per feed, 3 or 4 times a day. Will start giving her cereal soon.

Hi Aspille,

So far my girl can sleep through the night, but she sleep very late like 1-2am. Sometimes I hope to let her sleep longer during nap time so that I can do my own things, but I am also afraid she dun want to sleep during night then both me and my husband will be very tired.

Hi whitesbaites,

My girl will start to feel sleepy after 1hr, so I will try to keep her awake by putting her on the playing mat, let the toys and songs to entertain her. I am alone at home and this is my 1st child, so no one else to keep her company or play with her, so it is very tiring to play with her for 1.5-2 hours before putting
her back to nap.

She is 6 months now, drinking 190-210ml per feed, 3 or 4 times a day. Will start giving her cereal soon.

Hi Aspille,

So far my girl can sleep through the night, but she sleep very late like 1-2am. Sometimes I hope to let her sleep longer during nap time so that I can do my own things, but I am also afraid she dun want to sleep during night then both me and my husband will be very tired.

Wow chui yi, your baby is really drinking much more than my bb.. That's why I knw my gal is actually drinking far too little.. Actually don't worry about the timing cos they always keep changing... Soon your baby will knw the right timing to slp and right timing to wake up :)
Recently my baby will wake up on herself at around 8 plus than she will slp at 9-10 plus and all the way till 10am.. Has been like that for 2 weeks plus and I am sure her timing will change again soon ... Just to let u knw, they keep change and change on their slping timing and eating pattern and everything I can say :)

Hi everyone..been a long while since i last posted..been super busy balancing 3 monkeys and work!

Dayna started flipping at around 3 months. Now 6 months 1 weeks, she is able to sit for a short while on her own. Been trying to stand when I sit her on my lap..or when in the bathtub. I do not want her to stand so soon .. cos i want her to crawl first (no sign of that yet!).

Milkwise - she is still at her 125ml every 3 hours..not sure if that is a lot or too little, but she seems happy with that. Not chubby like her 2 brothers were at that age. Sleeping through the night since 1 month old. We started her with one feed of brown rice cereal - she loves it.

How is everyone else and baby coping?

My baby still can't sit still, think his head is too big n heavy. (See pic) he is drinking abt 180- 200 ml every 3-4 hrs

Hi mummies,
Can I join in d chat here? My bb is coming to 5 months. But she drinks really little maybe 90ml ebm every 2.5hrs. She can take 1 hr to finish her bottle. She weighs 6.7 kg now n is still walking up every 2 hrs at night.

I tink girl and boy intake different ba. Last time my gal drinks 120-150ml at ard 6mths. Now at 5 mths my boy drink 180 or more every 3 hrs.

Aspialle, haha.. i wonder where the milk gone from my boy! he is drinking 180ml since his 3rd week till now week 23! his birth weight is 3.43kg and the last round measured was only 7.2kg at week 21... 5 feeds per day, with ebm.
my #1 din even drink this much during 3rd week!

Whitesbaites

My girl is between 50-75%, weigh 7.26 and height is 67cm at 5 months. Dun worry about the amount of milk she takes, cos during the 2nd and 3rd month, my girl drinks only 60-100, suddenly shoot up to 160-180 at 4th month and now 190-210ml 6th months.

As long as they gain weight and sleep well shouldn't be a problem. Btw, my girl can finish her 210ml within 5-10mins.

Back