(2013/01) Jan 2013

this is worrying. so many babies are drinking more. mine still drinks 120ml only every 3 hours. tried feeding more. she couldn't finish

Hi Jaslyn

Every baby's intake is different, normally they use baby's weight to calculate how much they shld be drinking. Don't worry as long ur bb is healthy

Jaslyn >Yup, agree with Aspialle. No worries on that. My baby is also drinking same amount as yours - 120ml per 3 hours. His kor kor used to drink max 100ml per 2hours..

Aspialle > Your boy is so sweet..

Chui Yi > My boy doesnt nap for so long! He naps at most 30 minutes in the day and this drives my mom mad as she gets nothing done! It is advisable to train your baby sleep earlier, else it might be a headache when he/she reaches school going age.
Having your baby sleeps earlier means couple time for your and hubby too..

Jaslyn, Xinyue,
Hi5! My boy drinks abt 130ml every 3 hrs! After that no longer interested n start to play w the teat, so no way could I make him take more. But once in a blue moon he would suddenly feel super hungry n cry for more, take up to 160ml.

He's ard 50th percentile. Weighing 7.3kg at 6mths. Haha chubby lei but certainly not a big size baby.

bdmummy > Hehe.. My boy is almost 50th percentile, weighing 7.3kg at 5 months 1 week... This is an improvement already.. Previously, he's at the 25th percentile.

Hi mummies,

This thread is very informative  I'm a Sept mummy and I'm looking for confinement lady as my mum is not able do confinement for me as planned due to health issues. Any recommendation for good confinement lady? Pls PM me.

8578638.jpg

Saw his first teeth finally after long time teething

Xinyue
Mine also can't sit leh, got to sit in high chair with belts. Now most of the time I let him sit in stroller at home to train the back instead of lying on bed

oh.. so sitting in stroller can help train back? is your stroller fully in sitting position or? any other way to train the back? with my 2 year old #1 at home, i cant put #2 in stroller as #1 will keep pulling the stroller and wails, saying he wants to sit..

my baby cant sit with support. is that normal? he is coming to six months.. think #1 was not like that

Hi all, I'm new here. I'm a Jan 13 mum. Baby gal born on 12 Jan 2013.

Jus started cereal for my baby. She don seems to like it.

Xinyue
My first child I put him in stroller or walker (without moving) more often so he can sit by 6 mths. Yes my stroller can adjust to sitting on higher position

Aspialle > I did that for #1. Now I know why I can start #1 earlier for cereals.. Hmm.. But now, don't think I can do the same for #2..

Nickole > Did you follow up with KKH's doc on his neck issue? I wonder if my boy's neck control is strong or not. During tummy time, he can hold his head high up.. After sometimes, he wails.. Then I will let him lie on his back again. If I let him sit up (with me supporting him), he can't seems to hold his neck.. his chin will be touching his chest..

Xinyue,
Think you need to let baby be in upright sitting position more often, with us supporting them at the armpits, that will allow baby to train their neck muscles. My boy can sit upright without head bobbing up and down, but need support still. Haha intended to start cereals last weekend but we were out and no time! Will try to start one of these days.

Pen,
Have to keep trying... Initially they are not very used to it de... Read that some babies take a longer time to accept new foods.

Teething,
Still no sign of any teeth appearing!
happy.gif

Bdmummy > Thanks! Shall do that too.. Mine too still no sign of teeth appearing.. But he is drooling more and happily munching his teether.. Hmm.. is that a sign??

Xinyue
I also realised my bb don't slp so much in the day time, at most half hr over morning and half hour at noon, can't get things done. Sometimes put him on stroller when I'm tidying hse. At 8 or 9 pm he will K O till 6 or 7 am

Aspialle > sighh.. yup, putting him on stroller with some toys does the job at times.. Maybe it is a good thing as they sleep through the night....

Xinyue, his appt on 22Jul. will be going even if he can do that by then. cos just for the sake of checking and reassurance lor.

Will try again later. Will give 1 scoop of cereal a day. I take it slowly. My bb still wakes up for nite feed. Only 1 time. Still manageable. When will they start to sleep thru?

Nickole > Ok.

Pen > Waking up for milk once per night sounds so nice to me! I am waking up at least 3 times for night feed for my baby.

Hmm.. this is subjective, my #1, who is 2 years old, is still waking up for night feed..

Xinyue, yr situation is similar to mine. My girl also wakes up at least 3 times at night abt 2 hrly interval. My first child sleeps thru only after 2 yrs old.

littlepigpig > sigh.. tiring.. I wonder when will my #1 really sleep through the night. Few weeks back, he did sleep through without asking for milk.. Then suddenly, I am back to square one. He wants his milk..

It is a continuous thing..
11pm feed #2,
midnight feed #1,
1am feed #2,
3am feed #2
4 am feed #1.

Aspialle > Good for you! my #2 harder to take care of.. He can suddenly wake up in the night and starts wailing for no reason. Diaper is not heavy nor dirty, he isnt hungry as he doesnt want to drink when I latch him.. I am like a zombie when I go to work..
So, I am very grateful when #2 doesnt have such wailing episode in the night.

Xinyue
U breastfeeding at night? Faster for bb to get hungry I guess. Fm last longer. If u give pacifier, can he get to slp?

Nickole > Hmm.. he has yet to sleep thru even before the younger one arrives. It is indeed a phase - his sudden urge for no milk at night. Now, that phase has passed and he wants his milk again.

Aspialle > Yup. Not yet started him on FM. Not giving pacifier too..

My boy started XL size diapers realised the diapers not like before, may not last thru night , may over flow... Wonder why they don't have diapers for overnight just like pads. Lolz

Aspialle > So fast on XL? Hmm.. if budget is not a concern, Merries sounds good. Or mamy poko. They seems more absorbent.
Maybe you can request for Merries samples?

My #1 is on Pampers and sometimes, it can last him through the night, sometimes, I gotta change.

Using mammy poko. Need to change to XL as L size is too small and will leak

Think last time mammy poko is thicker but now seems thinner to me. I used to use cheaper brand for day time and mammy poko for night for no 1 but now realised quality of diapers drop and price diff not much so use both mammy poko for day and night

aspialle > Ok.. Lol.. It should be thinner and more absorbent.. Like pad.. Ops!

I am using PETPET for my baby for day and night.. So far ok. Huggies will leak..

Hi all....interesting reading some of ur posts.
My baby s now 5mths 2weeks now...drinking 100-120mls every 2hours...going to start her on rice cereal tmrw, hopefully she likes it. I also read that brown rice fattens up the baby..so will start on that when she s 6mths.

hi littlepigpig, docs/nurses will advise not to. becos shld bb develop fever etc, u cant tell if its the cold or vaccination that caused it. i wldnt risk that. i postponed bb's jab a week later.

Anyone has an angry 6 months old? It seems like my girl is easily frustrated now because her motor skills are not enuff for her to do the things she wants. She used to be such a smiley baby, and now I am using the art of distraction so much that I'm running out of methods to take away her attention from things that makes her mad.
My girl also has face rash caused by her drool. It could be caused by teething but I cant see the teeth yet cos her tongue always gets in the way. aspialle, how did u capture that nice pic of ur son's teeth? haha..

hi aspialle, i saw u mentioned about semi solids. just to share, my family is feeding my baby pumpkin porridge and spinach porridge. I'm giving her yogurt too because she has some yeast infection problem (rashes on her face).

Hi peiling
Envy that ur bb accept food already, my bb refuses cereal and does not seems interested to mum mum .. My first child is different , he is slower. Thus I can only boil rice water to make milk for him till he accept semi solid. He can't sit up v straight yet thus wait for his back to strengthen before next try on feeding food

hi aspialle, no worries, im sure babies will grow to eat food and do all the necessary things like sitting up or walking eventually, afterall, we all did! hahah.. no need to hurry baby to grow up. my girl was born v v early in jan, so prob a few weeks makes a diff to an infant growth too.

Hi Jasline, I was abt the ask the same thing as well. Watsapp group oso can. Cos, Im working and normally can check my messages on the move. Once im home with baby, its not until bedtime that i get to touch my phone.

Hi aspialle,

I would like to update the status of my Honeywell Air Purifier 17000S which I bought from Amazon. It work well with 120Watt of Step down transformer and I like it about as i can feel the different after i turn it on.

Back