(2013/01) Jan 2013

Littledragongirl: meaning b4 tat u never take alcohol at all? Bt i tink confinement no take rice wine shd b ok also rite? Get other supplements to cover..

<font color="119911">Julie, I got take alcohol before pregnant...
But dunno why will have this allergy during confinement!
I drank again after I stopped breastfeeding and was ok leh!</font>

aspialle, my EDD is 4th Jan '13. My #1 is C-section, so I opt for the same for #2. My BB is quite big, so Gynae told me to schedule for an earlier date. My last check up 3 weeks ago, BB already 2.1kg. I think she will be at least 2.5kg when I go for my checkup this Fri.

LDG: i used to have that problem before, but it was cured after drinking more liqor after sometime. But till this date, i still don't like alcohol.

Confinement Food
Just to share. Was having lunch with one of ex-colleagues who just came back from ML, she highly recommends me the confinement caterer called : Natal Essentials.
I was thinking of giving it a try as i am not sure whether MIL, maid &amp; hubby will do a job during my confinement; but think will drop the idea to cut cost. :p

Piscean33,

Thank you!
happy.gif
Not sure if I would like the wine in the cooking too. will try then.. hehe..
happy.gif

Angeliqueous, I've not buy from anywhere before, so don't know. U might need to hunt around the wet mkt provision shops. My mum only makes the red type.

Tigress, are u excited?! Date is very soon!

piscean33, excited and anxous!! A lot of things not done yet. BB room still in a big mess! I will have to spend this weekend to tidy up the room. I'm so lazy to do anything nowadays. I still have not done my X'MAS shopping!

Tigress: mine oso due 4jan, checkup last wk was 2.3kg. Mayb urs is much bigger than mine. Coz my gynae didnt mention bb is large, juz say abit bigger than average onli. Hopefully no need csec. Gd luck!! Hope mine don come out too early coz i wanna celebrate my bdae, xmas n new yr!!

Canopy: i did do a trial meal fm natal essentials. I find normal, bt the soup n confinement tea is gd! Bt end up oso nt taking coz mum will be doin confinement for me..

Tigress &amp; Julie,

My edd is 3 Jan and at week 31+, bb was 2.4kg oredi.. Gynae just said bb is growing well. Also hoping no need csec.
happy.gif

Siewz: wow.. Urs even bigger!! Haha!! Yeah, lets all cross our fingers n hope for the best.. Anywaz gynae say bb head down i relax abit already, at least tat's a start for natural birth..

Oh.. And another prob.. Coz recently i nearly fell coz gt water on the floor and hubby say call me change shoe coz mayb tat shoe old liao so sole slippery, so i did.. And i threw it away coz i know i gt alot of new slippers stacked away in the cupboard haven wear. So last wkend took out n try, 3 of them too tight!! Didnt realise my feet swell sooo much!! Oh no.. Now fit into another slipper, bt this slipper make my feet so pain when walk.. Haiz.. Time to buy a new 1.. But buy liao later after delivery too big.. Coz no more swell waste $$ leh..

Oh tigress, my bb at 30 weeks is 2.2 kg, this fri going to see how is the growth, my edd is 15 jan

I hope to go natural birth instead of c sect, this 2 nd one seems bigger than my no 1... Cross my fingers. After ur c sect r u able to bf immediately? Or do u need to wait for anesthesia to go off?

aspialle, I'm not sure if can BF immediately or not cos my #1 went into ICU and only managed to BF on the 3rd day. Should be ok bah, I am opting spinal anesthesia, which means I am awake throughout the operation.

Tigress, wow u still can shop. I can't walk for long now, will get leg cramp if walk too much. My bb room is also very messy, need to tidy bit by bit.

piscean33, no choice. Need to prepare the X'MAS gifts before I pop. Unless I do on-line shopping but I scare not in time to receive
happy.gif

My baby is 1.72kg at 32 weeks, EDD 16 Jan! Seems like smallest so far... Gynae says she is small to medium... head down already. I'm hoping for a smooth delivery! Heard about babies too big, hard to deliver naturally / more painful.

Yes, I am starting xmas shopping! Just buy whenever I see something.. don't think so much, just buy first and decide who to give! Am thinking of baking biscottis for colleagues.. need to find the time and energy!

julie

if your foot tends to swell, y dun u wear open toe shoe? like those slipper middle grip type?

i can't wear covered shoe long ago...

Aspialle, bblove
Heee... I'm enjoying baking too. But I didn't like buttercream so use mostly cream cheese frosting.

Marketing
I hardly do wet marketing.

I get my raw stuff delivered and they come fresh, wo the smell of dissolved ice and I don't have to rush home to refrigerate it since they do delivery in ice truck

I get my seafood and very fresh fish from song fish. Theyll call me on the morning of delivery to ask how I want my fish cut/sliced and inform me the size of catch that day... Then I decide if I want them.

I get my beef and pork from QB. My chicken from chicken guy near pungol. All delivered fresh ans very good quality.

I only shop for veggie and fruits ;), and stuff like gong tau foo when I feel like it occasionally.

QB supplies to cold storage do their chilled air flown stuff's really good. My neighbours all bought from song fish. Love their fish and delivery is next day or day after!

I don't know about you guys, but I love love love a full fridge!!

Elps
My bb was 1.50kg at 32 weeks, doc says 20th percentile. Will be like the prev 2;) small bbs are cute!! Not mOre difficult to care for.

I also hope for a small baby. I will feed it big after deliver. Haha... My next appt is 7 Dec. Baby will be week 33 then.
My last appt at week 29 is only 1.2kg only leh.

Aspialle, the cupcake u do very pretty. Can teach me? I also like baking.

Fullhouse, so good you got fish deliver to your house. I am a failure. I can't even identify what are the type of fish and vegetables. My FIL does all the wet marketing and my MIL cook. I only know how to eat. But my FIL very funny one. He also cannot identify fish or veg. He go to market ask the person to recommend the good and fresh buy. He anyhow buy back so my MIL have to try to make dish out of the ingredient he buy back. Sometime she will grumble because he buy things random that she also know how to cook with it.

Julie, I oso dunno how I hurt my tailbone by coughing and I was standing! *faintz* sit so pain that time. Now still better!
Slippers, I bought fitflop online with my frens that time I was preg with #1. Bought size 6, wear just nice. Cos my feet so swollen with water retention. After birth, my slippers become so big, then I realized I shld actually wear a size smaller. Lol! But then I still continue to wear till now.. Haha..

Aspialle, I took full GA c-sect for #1 and was able to bf immediately after I delivered. Although I still blur blur, sleepy mode. But of cos no milk at that time lah. Was told its safe to bf with GA, so I went ahead with it.

Tigress, do get lots of leg rest while u shop.

Aspialle, i love your cupcake frosting deco too.
happy.gif

Fullhouse, your listing for fresh food is good! I think it'll be very useful for confinement period &amp; when bb is still young. The prices for fish seems like cheaper than supermarket/wet mkt price, right? I think I'll need to share order with neighbour to get enough order for free delivery. Can share where is the chicken guy near punggol?

Fullhouse : I always go to Song Fish @ Jurong area to buy the stuffs just before Chinese New Year so that my mil &amp; mom can cook for reunion dinner. Didn't know they deliver as well. Can share where are the places they do delivery? Thanks.

Aspialle/ Julie,
I pm you for my fb's email.

Aspialle,
I had epi c-sect like Tigress. Was able to bf immediately though no milk. When I was back to ward, they told me bb was very cold so she is in warmer. Pushed to me an hour later n I just latch lor.

On leave today to clear the home of some old stuff, and later bring my boys to watch Disney show at MBS. I am hoping to start washing baby's things soon.... quite a lot to do. Nausea quite bad today...prob cos I could not sleep much last night.

Fullhouse/ CanopyHaze - thanks for sharing re fresh fish/ meat delivery...really worth checking them out. Esp when we can not do marketing during confinement. I do not trust passing money to the confinement lady..

Aspialle,
Ok. I go add you tonight. surfing using hp is super slow.

Fullhouse,
My kids does't like cream cheese. They got sweet tooth n preferred buttercream.
we can call set up a fb group on baking and recipes with Julie, Aspialle and Averie. kekez

Hello all.. TGIF
happy.gif

went for gynae check up yesterday.. bb weighs 1.5kg at 31 weeks.. Gynae commented bb is a bit big! oh noo...

aiyoo.. yet to prepare my rice wine and DOM and Martell.. hehe.. nothing done up for bb too.. not yet book hospital nor pack hospital back..

ops.. think i am the most unprepared here..

Bblove: i didnt receive any pm?? Great idea to set up a baking/cooking group!! Coz i'm a newbie.. Have alot of recipes, bt no hands-on doing yet.. 1 point is coz no own place, wan do oso do at mum place bt onli go every wkend.. So time abit tight.

Xinyue: wah, 31wk 1.5kg is big? Mine at 30wks was 1.6kg bt doc say average leh.. Mayb u smaller size than me bah.. Or diff gynae gt diff opinion.. Dont worry.. Take ur time, i oso haven pack hospital bag. Onli booked hosp bed last wk at 33wks..

Aspialle: btw, i went to check out BIY website yest. They gt ready made buttercream!! Mayb will order tat fm them n do cupcakes myself, since i don have electric mixer..

Qn : did you color your hair during preg ? Checked with gynae on this matter ?

Now really counting down time, aching all over and its always so hot @ night
sad.gif

julie > ya, gynae commented that baby is big and told me to cut down on carbs and sweet stuffs.. err.. don't think i am smaller size than u.. so far already put on 13+kgs and weight nearing the big 7 already.

Oh no... my bb weigh 1.8kg at 31wk. Gynae said average wor. Tmrw gg chk-up, wonder how heavy is bb at 33wk.

I didnt did any chemical (e.g. colouring/ rebonding/ curling) during preg. Except for hair treatment but is at the roots mah, didnt do at scalp.

Xinyue: hmmm.. Mayb diff gynae diff opinion.. I oso put on 13kg so far.. Lucky haven reach 6 club.. Tink next check wont reach oso wont reach coz diarrhoea for the past wk, no appetite..

julie > see.. told ya, i dont think i am smaller size than u.. 13 kgs and yet u havent reach 6 club..

ctrus > no worries, see what ur gynae says.. so fast see gynae per 2 weeks?

xinyue/julie, I think the baby big or not depends on your pelvic opening. I rem watching some program which talks about the expansion of the pelvic in order for baby to come out and the shape of the pelvic. Don't think it is to do with whether we are big sized or small sized. But more becuase of the pelvic shape bah... :p

Then again I dunno if the gynae can tell the pelvic shape based on looking at you? hmmm...

xinue : 安啦! My bb weighs 2.168kg when i went for my 31wk+5days checkup, my gynae says it is of average size. So don't think yours is big, in fact, i think yours is of smaller size.

snowger > hmm.. no idea.. during #1's time, on off he will comment baby is big. when #1 is out, he weighs 2.7kg..

canopy > HUH?? so big and yet gynae commented is average size.. hmm.. so i can '安啦'.

xinyue:: i rmbr ur seeing john yam oso rite? me nw @ 32wks..bb oni 1.7kg.... ah yam kept asking me to boost him up.

bb was abt 1.3kg @ 29wks. so i went to chiong some durians..end up suffer more than a week of soar gums..n nw, even the teeths feel like all loosen le, still cant chew on my right side! hopefully just cos gums swollen so not 'holding' teeth well!! -.-"

wat else i can do to boost bb's weight?
(prolly too cos im gg for c-sec at 38th wk.. he wana make sure bb is bigger!?!)

canopyhaze:: waaaaah.. 2.168kg @ 31wks!!! mine really way too tiny le like dat!

*sob sob*

i eat alot leh.. 2hrs feeding.. i eat balance oso.. veg/meat... im trying to drink fresh milk..(is fresh milk not good enuff?).. but i do take junk foods too!

Back